LAKERS -at- TWOLVES - 11/19 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: LAKERS -at- TWOLVES - 11/19 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Do-It-Yourself Thoughts and Ratings night. (Spent all day on a plane and I'm beat)
Laker_Behemoth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Matt Barnes -
Matt was god tonight. The Stats: Jaw-dropping. The Action: Non-stop. Second Half: More like second game, because he played two games worth of basketball in one. Suck on that, Raja Bell.
"After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public-relations men he'd brought with him, and snapped, 'That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team.'"
Bynum4MVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Tonight shows you why Lamar is the best defensive Power Forward in the NBA.

When Lamar shuts somebody down, they get shut down.

Kevin Love:
November 9: 23 points and 24 rebounds
Tonight: 0 points and 7 rebounds

Big Baby:
Finals Game 4: 18 points
Finals Game 5: 0 points
Finals Game 6: 0 points
Finals Game 7: 6 points
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Bynum4MVP wrote:

Kevin Love:

Big Baby:

he, he, this!
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject:

There are a lot of things I hate about Matt Barnes, but having him on MY team makes me forget about all of them.

Sasha has no redeeming value as a professional athlete.
Mel Rose
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Every night a different hero. Today: Matt Barnes goes perfect.

Glad Lakers got 3 W on the trip, and didn't get banged too much.

Vets had some nice flashes, just crafty.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject:

How serious did the Kobe/Pau/Shannon injuries look?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

Very serious, it will cost us the 2011 championship.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I knew it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mel Rose
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
thurloly wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I knew it.

Time to break the team up & rebuild for the 1018 season.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Mel Rose wrote:
pokoy wrote:
thurloly wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I knew it.

That'll be tough. Those Byzantines won't be easy to beat.
Mel Rose
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Mel Rose wrote:
pokoy wrote:
thurloly wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I knew it.

Don't you know time resets in 2012?
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Bynum4MVP wrote:

Kevin Love:

Big Baby:
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Mel Rose wrote:
pokoy wrote:
thurloly wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I knew it.

Not until Andrew Byzantine returns.
lakersflambe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject:

i don't think lamar can take all the credit for love's abysmal results.

artest did a great job of boxing kevin out as well.
reika-zu
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
encina1 wrote:
Mel Rose wrote:
pokoy wrote:
thurloly wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I knew it.

Not until Andrew Byzantine returns.

Killer Byzantines!
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject:

Artest - Quiet game offensively. Did a decent job at times on Beasley. Also had some time banging bodies with Kevin Love. But overall, he wasn't killing it like Barnes was doing so he lost some playing time.

Kobe - Like Pau, awful shooting early in the first half. Picked it later in the 2nd half with some nifty circus layups and a slam dunk set up by Fish.

Pau - Pau was horrible in the 1st half. Darko was blocking his shots on defense. Scoring at will on offense and to make matters worse, 6'8 rookie Derrick Caracter comes in and actually pushes Darko around like a bully at the schoolyard. Something the supposedly bigger Gasol couldn't seem to bring himself to do. Hopefully we can bring in a big body soon to give Pau a break until Drew comes back.

Lamar - Old school Lamar appeared tonight. Filling in the boxscores with 11 points, 8 boards, 7 assists, and 4 blocks. Also made sure Love didn't pwn him on the glass like he did the last time.

Fish - Played scrappy defense tonight. Playing the passing lanes, aggressive on the doubles, even poking the ball out of Love's hand a couple times. Also set up Kobe on some nice circus shots and a slam in the 3rd quarter.

Barnes - Wow. Perfect night. Best player on the floor. Couldn't miss a shot on the offensive end. Also brought his usual scrappy play on the other end along with 6 assists go along with the 24 points in only 23 minutes of play. With the way Kobe and Pau were stinking it up, it was nice to see our bench guys step up tonight, especially Barnes.

Shannon - He and Barnes came off the bench tonight and brought the energy the starters were lacking. Barnes moreso than Shannon, but Shannon had his moments, especially that steal and slam in the 1st quarter that started to shift momentum back our way.

Blake - - Blake had quiet night, but did a good job behind the scenes of managing the 2nd unit with Barnes and Brown.

Caracter - I like his fiesty attitude out there. Especially when he came in for Pau. Even though he picked up fouls, I thought he helped to send the message to the Wolves that we aren't going to get pushed around. We are the pushers. He used his body to shove Darko out of the way to grab rebounds, put a strong seal on Love to post him up for a hook, and generally just using that body to "inflict some pain" as Phil implied that Pau should be doing in a recent press conference. Pau could learn a thing or two from the way Caracter approaches the game.

Ebanks - Lone member of the 3 minute garbage man crew to score a bucket. Swished a nice midrange J and then managed to get a block and a deflection on a later possesion.

Sasha - - Only played garbage time minutes. Ran around awhile

Luke - - Sasha's garbage man partner.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject:

revgen wrote:
Artest - Quiet game offensively. Did a decent job at times on Beasley. Also had some time banging bodies with Kevin Love. But overall, he wasn't killing it like Barnes was doing so he lost some playing time.

Kobe - Like Pau, awful shooting early in the first half. Picked it later in the 2nd half with some nifty circus layups and a slam dunk set up by Fish.

Pau - Pau was horrible in the 1st half. Darko was blocking his shots on defense. Scoring at will on offense and to make matters worse, 6'8 rookie Derrick Caracter comes in and actually pushes Darko around like a bully at the schoolyard. Something the supposedly bigger Gasol couldn't seem to bring himself to do. Hopefully we can bring in a big body soon to give Pau a break until Drew comes back.

Lamar - Old school Lamar appeared tonight. Filling in the boxscores with 11 points, 8 boards, 7 assists, and 4 blocks. Also made sure Love didn't pwn him on the glass like he did the last time.

Fish - Played scrappy defense tonight. Playing the passing lanes, aggressive on the doubles, even poking the ball out of Love's hand a couple times. Also set up Kobe on some nice circus shots and a slam in the 3rd quarter.

Barnes - Wow. Perfect night. Best player on the floor. Couldn't miss a shot on the offensive end. Also brought his usual scrappy play on the other end along with 6 assists go along with the 24 points in only 23 minutes of play. With the way Kobe and Pau were stinking it up, it was nice to see our bench guys step up tonight, especially Barnes.

Shannon - He and Barnes came off the bench tonight and brought the energy the starters were lacking. Barnes moreso than Shannon, but Shannon had his moments, especially that steal and slam in the 1st quarter that started to shift momentum back our way.

Blake - - Blake had quiet night, but did a good job behind the scenes of managing the 2nd unit with Barnes and Brown.

Caracter - http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/boxing1.gif I like his fiesty attitude out there. Especially when he came in for Pau. Even though he picked up fouls, I thought he helped to send the message to the Wolves that we aren't going to get pushed around. We are the pushers. He used his body to shove Darko out of the way to grab rebounds, put a strong seal on Love to post him up for a hook, and generally just using that body to "inflict some pain" as Phil implied that Pau should be doing in a recent press conference. Pau could learn a thing or two from the way Caracter approaches the game.

Ebanks - Lone member of the 3 minute garbage man crew to score a bucket. Swished a nice midrange J and then managed to get a block and a deflection on a later possesion.

Sasha - - Only played garbage time minutes. Ran around awhile

Luke - - Sasha's garbage man partner.

well done revgen!!!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject:

revgen - Thanks.

I'm struggling to understand how Barnes hasn't found a home on a team all these years.
expertla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
revgen - Thanks.

I'm struggling to understand how Barnes hasn't found a home on a team all these years.

I'm hoping he just found one!
pokoy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject:

expertla wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
revgen - Thanks.

Sounds like it's always contract issues to me. He could have been a Warrior for a while and for much more money that he ended up getting but he decided to test the market... Then he bounced around and nobody ever offered him that much again. Is his agent David Lee or something?

Can we even keep him next year? Sounds like he might test the market again since he has an opt out. i don't see him spending one more year of his prime getting paid peanuts, especially if we win the chip; and I don't see Buss ponying up MLE type money again when he was Ebanks waiting in the wings and Shannon wanting the same money after his vast improvement.... that is of course assuming Shannon isn't blinded for life after that career threatening injury last night.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- TWOLVES - 11/19 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
Do-It-Yourself Thoughts and Ratings night. (Spent all day on a plane and I'm beat)

Especially after the TSA got done working your junk over.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject:

Laker's win!
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
expertla wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
revgen - Thanks.

Sounds like it's always contract issues to me. He could have been a Warrior for a while and for much more money that he ended up getting but he decided to test the market... Then he bounced around and nobody ever offered him that much again. Is his agent David Lee or something?

Can we even keep him next year? Sounds like he might test the market again since he has an opt out. i don't see him spending one more year of his prime getting paid peanuts, especially if we win the chip; and I don't see Buss ponying up MLE type money again when he was Ebanks waiting in the wings and Shannon wanting the same money after his vast improvement.... that is of course assuming Shannon isn't blinded for life after that career threatening injury last night.

I think he has an opt out next year.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
expertla wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
revgen - Thanks.

it's all going to be dependent on the new cba. i'm kinda taking your pessimistic attitude on this, pokoy, because i doubt that any kind of new cba the nba decides on will reward extremely high payroll level teams like the lakers. at the very least, i would expect a much more enhanced revenue sharing system or a luxury tax that penalizes more than what is currently in place. maybe they'll at least implement a luke walton rule which would let the lakers waive him with no luxury tax considerations, but with the way both shannon and barnes are playing right now, i'm having concerns we can keep both.

but, it's still early in the season so far. maybe both will start sucking horrifically in a few games and we won't have to worry about losing them involuntarily at all, lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: