WARRIORS -at- LAKERS - 11/21 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject:

thanks
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject:

revgen wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Disappointed with Character. He needs to slow down. He's trying too hard out there. Same can be said for Ebanks, but to a lesser extent.

I'm tired of Sasha. if we don't trade him by the deadline, I'm at the point where I'd almost like to see him waived. He's a black hole out there and he's given up on this team. It looks clear to me and that can't be good. He's part of the selfish bench, along with Farmar, last year and I've come to the point where I want him gone.

Caracter is trying to compensate for his lack of size at the center position by working quicker. This is not a good strategy.

I know this sounds crazy but if Caracter could lose enough weight i think he could be a great SF. Suddenly his height would be an asset and he'd over power other SF's. He'd be much more versatile in a switching defense, too.

Of course, whatever position he plays he's got to get his head in the game.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Disappointed with Character. He needs to slow down. He's trying too hard out there. Same can be said for Ebanks, but to a lesser extent.

I'm tired of Sasha. if we don't trade him by the deadline, I'm at the point where I'd almost like to see him waived. He's a black hole out there and he's given up on this team. It looks clear to me and that can't be good. He's part of the selfish bench, along with Farmar, last year and I've come to the point where I want him gone.

I agree regarding Sasha. I don't even think he's chucking for the sake of putting up big numbers and getting back into the rotation. I think he's in F it mode right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes to get traded so that he can salvage his contract year. If I were Phil, I would seriously bench Sasha and give all his spot minutes to Ebanks. However, knowing Phil, he'll continue to use Sasha every so often to keep him ready in case he's needed down the line due to injury. Still, Sasha's selfishness sticks out like sore thumb.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
We've always known that if Sasha's shot disappears, he'd become useless. His "defense" was a myth, and mostly ended up in stupid fouls in midcourt. On top of it, we have improved our bench, so he can't get any rhythm at all. If he got more minutes, I still think he can be valuable for a team, but not for us. At least he has a hot fiance.

Yup. Sasha was getting schooled by Lin in garbage time.
Bynum4MVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: WARRIORS -at- LAKERS - 11/21 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
Artest -- -- There are certain defensive plays that only he makes. Not too many guys have as strong and fast of hands as he does. He seemed to dig in defensively in this one and looked to defer to teammates on the other end as much as possible.

Especially that awkward nut-grab defense he did with that trap in the corner with Lamar.

Reaching in on some sweaty dude's arse, now THAT's defensive effort.

Ron doesn't get enough credit for what he brings to the team because he hasn't been a flashy scorer.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9805/nbazn.jpg
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject:

Was anyone else thinking "popcorn machine" when Caracter got not one, not two, but THREE Warriors to jump on his fake? Chick would have been proud.
Kareem's Court
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject:

lounger wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
ucgamerz wrote:
lounger wrote:
Sasha and Luke have regressed so much.

Yeah =( At least Luke has an injury excuse....Sasha....dunno what went wrong.

you should be asking what went right for him the one year he was decent. every other year of his career he's been pretty bad.

I thought Sharapova would fix whatever's wrong with him. Apparently not.

For Luke, he still makes a good play every now and then but for one good thing he does, he makes 3-4 mistakes and it just keeps piling up. Seriously, I've never been this disappointed with both Sasha and Luke.

The talent on this current team has passed them by.

It may have been ok playing with Smush, Kwame, and Cook but this team is too good to have them on the court.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Caracter was definitely trying to do too much. But he's a rookie. There's hope.

Sasha is not just bad. He's PROFOUNDLY bad. I didn't think it was possible for me to think any less of him as a player. But he has somehow managed to out-do his usual putrid-ness.

In fairness to Sasha, he isn't that much worse this year than last. The problem is that the talent upgrades and improvement by Shannon are so significant that it makes him look worse by comparison.

He's like your ugly friend. Ugly under normal circumstances, but put her in a room with a bunch of models and she looks even worse.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject:

Hey Barry.

Brown was 7-10 NOT 7-20!!

Big difference!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Caracter was definitely trying to do too much. But he's a rookie. There's hope.

Sasha is not just bad. He's PROFOUNDLY bad. I didn't think it was possible for me to think any less of him as a player. But he has somehow managed to out-do his usual putrid-ness.

In fairness to Sasha, he isn't that much worse this year than last. The problem is that the talent upgrades and improvement by Shannon are so significant that it makes him look worse by comparison.

He's like your ugly friend. Ugly under normal circumstances, but put her in a room with a bunch of models and she looks even worse.

The talent discrepancy is obvious, but what makes things worse is Sasha's mindset compared to the rest of the team. Last year, he was right at home with the other selfish chuckers on the team (Farmar and Brown), but towards the end of the season, his play began to stand out (before the injury) because Sasha was playing within the offense while Farmar and Brown were still playing for contracts.

As far as this season goes, no one on the team is playing selfishly (not counting Kobe's high volume games - that's just his nature). Even the rookies have shown a willingness to stay within the team concept. It's fun watching our 2nd unit play, but in garbage time, Sasha just kills the chemistry. His first shot of the game last night (ugly fade-away) was despicable, and on more than one occasion, he tried to take Lin off the dribble one-on-one and failed miserably (Lin isn't that fast).

I've never been a Sasha hater, but I'm really disgusted with his attitude. He doesn't belong on this team.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject:

Sounds like a Viking funeral is in order for Sasha.

!...
J~b0ogie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject:

PERFECT !
RVCdesigns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject:

What a disgusting way to end this great game. I am absolutely horrified for the family and disgusted at the Staples Center for not having a higher barrier. Thanks DB.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Hey Barry.

Brown was 7-10 NOT 7-20!!

Big difference!

Sheesh, can't a guy have a typo around here?
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^Fisher, Blake, and Brown can all play the 2 if we needed them to. So could Artest, or even Ebanks. With our glut of SFs, I would have no problem pushing Ebanks or Artest into the 2 spot if need be. My guess is that when Bynum comes back, Sasha may be a prime candidate to be inactive anyway.

I hope Sasha enjoys the Minnesota winters with his new team once he gets Mihmed.

He could also end up in Cleveland or Sacto, as both have the cap space and need for profit in a Mihm-type deal, but my personal favorite would be to see him banished to the Clips.

Sterling has cap space and is always looking to make an extra $$ and their season is lost already.

Sasha + $3m cash for a phony draft pick at the deadline would result in a $1m profit for good old Donald.

And Sasha would have to wear that hideous red, white and blue for a few months while playing for LA's minor league team, all the while hearing about the big boys winning their 3-peat. It's a fate he deserves for being such a douche of a teammate.

Can't wait to see that (or something similar) happen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: