***LAKERS -vs- Mavericks 5/2/11 Game 1 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakers choked, our stunted defense didnt save us.. And to make things worst Lakers make Charles Barkleys statements true

Fisher being an idiot
Murcielago62
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

The offensive execution in the half court was awful the entire 2nd half. If you remember the spurt to start the 2nd half was caused by Dallas turnovers. The only reason we had a lead throughout the 3rd was because of Kobe's individual play. Even when he scored it was on bad offensive possessions. The bench played awful tonight. Dallas really got back into the game when Kobe and Pau left the game. Shannon has played poorly the last 2 months. Too many defensive breakdowns, too many dumb plays, not enough Bynum. We're giving their interior guys too much credit. GIVE BYNUM THE BALL!!! Pau is being pushed around out there. Artest played poorly too.
stag3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

following the let's shoot jumpers and not pound it inside to bynum strategy worked like a charm yet again
Lurtz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Lakers play best when their backs are against the wall, let's see how game 2 turns out.
lakergal16
Star Player
Star Player

Ahh...vintage LG as well. These next 48 hours are going to be pretty sad until Lakers win Game 2. I had Lakers in 6 (I had a feeling they'd be 2-2 at one point either losing one at home or both on the road) and I'm sticking to my prediction.
chickensandwich
Star Player
Star Player

this loss is on the entire team. everyone impact player had their moments of stupid play or invisibility - bynum with the no show, lo with all that outside chucking during the 2nd and 3rd, the bench getting outplayed 25-40, artest giving up a million points in transition with some terrible offense in the 3rd. kobe's shooting kept us in the game but had a few too many turnovers at key moments. pau was actually having a great game in the first half, then had some sloppy turnovers and of course that foul at the end. and the combined kobe/pau turnover at the end sealed the deal. yes i know kidd bumped pau, but we gotta hold onto those.
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject:

lakergal16 wrote:
Ahh...vintage LG as well. These next 48 hours are going to be pretty sad until Lakers win Game 2. I had Lakers in 6 (I had a feeling they'd be 2-2 at one point either losing one at home or both on the road) and I'm sticking to my prediction.
I had us in 5. But with our bench i highly doubt we can win 4 straight with these knuckleheads

Fisher being an idiot
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Statcat wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lakers just not dominant anymore - years past they wouldve increased the lead not lose it - this team the way their playing would be crushed by the heat.

Kobe took the Charles Barkley bait & directed the offense entirely through him rather than via team play - his misses led to instant points, his offense never energized the other players and his turnovers crushed the lakers!

Umm.... so Kobe is responsible for this?

Yes - it's that simple - when Kobe takes over the offense it's at the expense of the other players play
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Statcat wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:
I'm tired of seeing Kobe playing in extremes.. but he is who he is.. I don't want to blame the game on him since there was plenty of choking all around and it shouldn't come to that.. but, he did not set the right tone on either ends of the floor.. all jumpshots and "chasing" for the ball (basically like Phil says he knows where to get to in the triangle that his teammates have to pass him the ball doesn't matter how many shots in succession he takes), on D, giving wide open shots.

it's time for the lakers to realize that Kobe's days of "closing" are numbered. The other guys cannot believe that Kobe will bail them out. Even from last year's playoffs, the close wins came from guys rebounding off Kobe's miss.

God, you are so predictable.

and, so is Kobe.
lakergal16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Rsxtreme415 wrote:
lakergal16 wrote:
I had us in 5. But with our bench i highly doubt we can win 4 straight with these knuckleheads

I went with 6 to be on the realistic side because in every freaking series, there's always a game or two where they jumpshoot, run up and down, act stupid, and ignore the big guys. Their best games have been when their backs are against the wall. HATE it as a fan, but it's how this team performs.

I just loathe the Debbie Downers here though. They come out full force with the first loss of a series and are no where to be found once the series is won, and if they do they suddenly forget about their pessimism and preach "knew it all along."
sonn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Statcat wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lakers just not dominant anymore - years past they wouldve increased the lead not lose it - this team the way their playing would be crushed by the heat.

Kobe took the Charles Barkley bait & directed the offense entirely through him rather than via team play - his misses led to instant points, his offense never energized the other players and his turnovers crushed the lakers!

Yes - it's that simple - when Kobe takes over the offense it's at the expense of the other players play

Thats a BS excuse for players when they don't show up and its not like they were playing even decent when Kobe wasn't on the floor.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject:

can you please go to the next game lakersgal?
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject:

i´m not bashing anybody on this team, but kobe and the TO´s at the end of games have cost us some games, recently that one loss in miami for example, i don´t know i still feel that this is a jump shooting team in dallas and they will not shoot like that all series....i hope, i´m kind of worried
RVCdesigns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject:

gg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Statcat wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Kobe zero assists - his misses led to instant mav points, his tos were back breakers
sonn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
Statcat wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:
I'm tired of seeing Kobe playing in extremes.. but he is who he is.. I don't want to blame the game on him since there was plenty of choking all around and it shouldn't come to that.. but, he did not set the right tone on either ends of the floor.. all jumpshots and "chasing" for the ball (basically like Phil says he knows where to get to in the triangle that his teammates have to pass him the ball doesn't matter how many shots in succession he takes), on D, giving wide open shots.

it's time for the lakers to realize that Kobe's days of "closing" are numbered. The other guys cannot believe that Kobe will bail them out. Even from last year's playoffs, the close wins came from guys rebounding off Kobe's miss.

God, you are so predictable.

and, so is Kobe.

JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Rsxtreme415 wrote:
Lakers choked, our stunted defense didnt save us.. And to make things worst Lakers make Charles Barkleys statements true

Our defense sucked because their offense was triggered by our missed jump shots
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject:

I just don't like the trend of this team consistently struggling in close games down the stretch. Probably not much of a stretch to say it's one of those things that separates a great team from a Championship team. Lakers had those clutch moments in the past 2 postseasons, when will they show up this year?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Lamar even said the tempo wasn't at their pace - guess why the lakers pace was up tempo?
link
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject:

SlickVic wrote:
I just don't like the trend of this team consistently struggling in close games down the stretch. Probably not much of a stretch to say it's one of those things that separates a great team from a Championship team. Lakers had those clutch moments in the past 2 postseasons, when will they show up this year?

Yeah, I miss feeling confident even with a 1 point lead in crunchtime.
MR989LakerFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Build a 16 point lead then plan is to turn into a shot chucking lazy jump shot shooting team....Which, by the way plays into Dallas hands....Why are we trying hard to be Phoenix rather than our own identity....WE ARE NOT A JUMPSHOT TEAM!!!! WHY CAN'T THESE IDIOTS COME TO TERMS WITH THIS? Carlisle wants to win and coached to win....Exhibit A: Dirk plays entire 4th......Meanwhile , you bench one of the greatest to ever play dam near near the 5 minute mark....
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
Kidd ran into Pau which caused him to drop the ball...it's a FOUL. bull

This...true.

Also, when the play started, Kidd was holding onto Kobe's hips for his first couple steps, slowing him down. When he let go is when Kobe slipped.....sorta like a "reverse pulling of the chair" if you will.

Absolutely terrible consistency on the officiating tonight. I dont see how you can call a foul on Pau for that in bounds play when the only contact was with the body as they both jumped for the ball. Dirk clearly flopped as well, flailing his arms all over like a windmill. Pau actually makes ZERO contact with his hands, he jumped with his hands straight out.

Yet 12 seconds later in the game Kidd is allowed to hold Kobe on an inbounds play, causing him to slip, then rams his shoulder into Pau's elbow causing him to lose the ball. Not 1, but 2 fouls.

Yeah yeah yeah, but we can say it wont matter because we choked away a lead...blah blah blah. Sure we did. But what does choking a lead have to do with officials completely blowing numerous calls in the final few minutes of a close game......REGARDLESS of whether it was close the whole way or a blowout until the final minutes. Those calls all just happened to benefit one team....hmmm.

2nd round 1st games were all upsets NO? Except for MIA-BOS. Hmm.
Crumbling Dynasty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject:

stag3 wrote:
following the let's shoot jumpers and not pound it inside to bynum strategy worked like a charm yet again

Bynum sucked dude. 3-8 and a team high -16. He was garbage as usual when he is not playing against midgets.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject:

except playing inside out doesnt mean drew takes all the shots. you pass it it inside and let a shot develop. he can kick it out to an open man or let a cutter take it.

but shannon just (bleep) shoots it like it owes him money.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject:

Crumbling Dynasty wrote:
stag3 wrote:

Bynum sucked dude. 3-8 and a team high -16. He was garbage as usual when he is not playing against midgets.

I'm sorry but you are clueless. Not for the first statement but the second.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 109 of 110
Jump to: