Official D12, D-Will and other Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread (Pg 1063: D12 will opt in and stay with Orlando for one more year)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1073, 1074, 1075  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject:

revgen wrote:
Dwight isn't coming here. Period. Only way Dwight comes to LA for Bynum or Pau is if the trade involves more than 2 teams. The Magic can't even get out of the first round with Dwight, so they aren't going to be much better if Pau or Drew are there in place of Dwight.

The Magic have a bloated payroll, and won't be sending him out if we don't pick up the tab for at least Turkoglu. They will be pushing hard to get rid of Arenas. They also want expiring contracts and draft picks in return. There will be no straight up trade for Dwight involving either Pau or Bynum.

If Dwight does come here, it won't involve just Orlando and LA. Bynum or Pau will go to that other team in order for Dwight to come here. They won't be going to Orlando.

Unless Orlando truly are idiots, getting Howard would likley cost at least 3 of our top 6. And we would be getting overpaid players in return. Assuming Howard would force this before his opt out (2012), he would be teaming up with some of the same guys he is now, and a 35-year old Kobe. How anyone can think that is attractive to Howard I will never understand.
oldandpurpleandgold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject:

cbear wrote:
oldandpurpleandgold wrote:
cbear wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dwight isn't going to magically help Derek Fisher and Steve Blake stay infront of the Jose Barea's of the NBA. The need is PG. I want Dwight in purple and gold as much as the next guy, but ignoring the hole at PG (for the last ten years) is what cost them the Dallas series.

I read this a lot, but when I watch other teams, no matter who the point guard is, NONE of them seem to be able to guard the other. Rose, Rondo, Paul, Williams, Westbrook, etc. When they guard each other, they all seem to be able to blow by each other as well, whether one on one or pick and roll.

I would think that getting another point guard may help us offensively, but I don't know if it will help a great deal defensively.

cbear, I agree that the elite PG's are mostly unguardable, but you can't tell me there isn't an upgrade to Fisher defensively. Not only does Fisher get blown by easily, but he can't jump and if you watched Terry and Stojacovich go off, it was usually with Fisher's hand at arm pit level. Not even close to getting in the eyes or around the ball.

Yes, I agree that it would be an upgrade, but I just get the feeling that some fans might be expecting a bit too much from this new PG, at least defensively.

If anything, I think the bigger contribution will be on the offensive end where he could drive and distribute and allow our guys easier looks, but that might also entail a different offensive philosophy as well.

Oh I totally agree. These elite PG's are unguardable, especially with the way the NBA refs these players, but if they can hold their own and don't require Kobe to take over defensively??? fantastic. I also agree that maybe the biggest contribution an elite PG can make is getting the ball out of Kobe's hands. Not only can they bring the ball up the court and initiate the offense faster, but the PG should be the playmaker. We haven't had one of those since......wow I can't remember when...Magic?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject:

haha... these are all just stories until Dwight wears the purple and gold armor.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
lftw
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject:

What if turned it into a 3-way deal involving Philly since they seem willing to trade him this summer. Something like

LAL gets Dwight, Hedo, Anderson

ORL gets Iggy, Odom

PHI gets Gasol, Artest

We could roll with Dwight/Bynum or explore the possibility of dealing Bynum for an elite PG.
**Purple&Gold**
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
ok Mitch... please have Kobe call Dwight and say hello, see whats up... if this is infact the truth then pick up the phone and send them Bynum right away!

But please have him do it while there's no collective bargaining agreement in force. Otherwise there could be charges of tampering that would be enforceable.

Have Kobe put on fake glasses with a nose and mustache, that way nobody will recognize him.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject:

The players union will make for some sweet future contracts bet on that..

Dwight can go where he wants. I want Bynum out of LA.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
revgen wrote:
Dwight isn't coming here. Period. Only way Dwight comes to LA for Bynum or Pau is if the trade involves more than 2 teams. The Magic can't even get out of the first round with Dwight, so they aren't going to be much better if Pau or Drew are there in place of Dwight.

The Magic have a bloated payroll, and won't be sending him out if we don't pick up the tab for at least Turkoglu. They will be pushing hard to get rid of Arenas. They also want expiring contracts and draft picks in return. There will be no straight up trade for Dwight involving either Pau or Bynum.

If Dwight does come here, it won't involve just Orlando and LA. Bynum or Pau will go to that other team in order for Dwight to come here. They won't be going to Orlando.

Unless Orlando truly are idiots, getting Howard would likley cost at least 3 of our top 6. And we would be getting overpaid players in return. Assuming Howard would force this before his opt out (2012), he would be teaming up with some of the same guys he is now, and a 35-year old Kobe. How anyone can think that is attractive to Howard I will never understand.

with or without Kobe. being the top man of the Lakers is attractive in itself. Kupchak would have to build around Howard then. What makes you think not?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
ADKLaketrout
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm all for Dwight coming here, but using all our trade chips to get him leaves with Fisher/Blake as point guards. Same problem, we'll just have a more athletic beast in the middle chasing point guards off of failed P&R defense.

Yeah, replace Bynum with Howard and we get swept by the Mavs.

And another big (ala Shaq) who can't make free throws, thus, deeming him usless at the end of a close games.
Lakers2Falcons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject:

So I just tweeted Dwight Howard saying " COME TO LA!! "

so if he ends up in LA, you guys have me to thank
undefeatedAJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2Falcons wrote:

If he ends up with the clippers with blake griffin, I'll have you to thank.
Lakers2Falcons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject:

undefeatedAJ wrote:
Lakers2Falcons wrote:

If he ends up with the clippers with blake griffin, I'll have you to thank.

I was thinking the same thing after I sent that tweet... I might just send him another saying to the LAKERS that is!
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject:

lftw wrote:
What if turned it into a 3-way deal involving Philly since they seem willing to trade him this summer. Something like

ORL gets Iggy, Odom

PHI gets Gasol, Artest

We could roll with Dwight/Bynum or explore the possibility of dealing Bynum for an elite PG.

Makes too much sense
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
And a couple of his friends, who actually aren't afraid to use their real names, have said that he wants to stay in Orlando.

I would be willing to bet we end up with him.
baloogawhales
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
lftw wrote:

ORL gets Iggy, Odom

PHI gets Gasol, Artest

Makes too much sense

Ryan Anderson would be an underrated pick up in that trade.
Has Iggy said anything about wanting to come to the Lakers?? lol jk
threeforme
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject:

If Howard does come to LA, I don't car who we give up (except kobe), we will have another streak of championships.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
revgen wrote:

You also have to argue why D12 would want to stay with Orlando. He'll get alot of money anywhere he goes.

-Everyone knows Orlando is not a contender
-The team is crap with a monster payroll.

Essentially D12 will be wasting his prime years in a small market on a non contender. If he wants to make a move, it will be when his contract expires next year. Or even longer depending on CBA. Essentially the only reason people come up with is Dwight is a nice guy and doesn't want to offend people. Please.

He see's Melo happy in NY. Finally in a big market as he wanted.
He see's Lebron with 2 all-star teamates, and now they are contenders.

Why would he continue to rot in Orlando?

It will cost LA alot to acquire him, but as long as right pieces, it will be worth it.
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
The players union will make for some sweet future contracts bet on that..

Dwight can go where he wants. I want Bynum out of LA.

Lol.......I just though I came out that thread.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject:

For the Lakers, rumorred trades seemed not to ever happen.
solarbeat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Wow... from Howard's twitter: "Y does it seem like the writers of Orlando sentinel are tryna push me out of Orlando with dumb articles. It's annoying. Can I enjoy my summer and get ready for next season in Orlando. Pls. Same thing u guys did to Shaq. Smh "
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject:

solarbeat wrote:
Wow... from Howard's twitter: "Y does it seem like the writers of Orlando sentinel are tryna push me out of Orlando with dumb articles. It's annoying. Can I enjoy my summer and get ready for next season in Orlando. Pls. Same thing u guys did to Shaq. Smh "

Awesome, we already have scapegoats in place. Now to phase 2, alienating management. Tell Otis Smith he wants the court re-named Howard's Tower.
styleripftw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Dwight+jameer nelson please
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject:

If it was up to you guys, would you be willing to take Gil's radioactive contract if it meant getting Dwight?

Bynum+Gasol+Walton
for
Howard+Arenas?

We'd get rid of Luke's contract. But we'd take back Arenas, which is a year longer and significantly larger. He's been sort of a bust in Orlando, but teamed up with Kobe and having a mobile big like Odom could end up being great for him.

Orlando would get a twin tower combo that would make them a force to be reckoned with. And they still keep most of their shooters.

Otherwise, I don't see Orlando trading Dwight to the Lakers. Everyone will be offering anything they could for him. And I have a feeling that they'll want Gil's contract taken off their hands. And the team to offer that will get the deal.
dablackmamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
If it was up to you guys, would you be willing to take Gil's radioactive contract if it meant getting Dwight?

Bynum+Gasol+Walton
for
Howard+Arenas?

We'd get rid of Luke's contract. But we'd take back Arenas, which is a year longer and significantly larger. He's been sort of a bust in Orlando, but teamed up with Kobe and having a mobile big like Odom could end up being great for him.

Orlando would get a twin tower combo that would make them a force to be reckoned with. And they still keep most of their shooters.

Otherwise, I don't see Orlando trading Dwight to the Lakers. Everyone will be offering anything they could for him. And I have a feeling that they'll want Gil's contract taken off their hands. And the team to offer that will get the deal.

I don't like the idea of Bynum AND Gasol - that's our entire starting front court for one big. D12 is great but that's too steep a price. If Bynum is moved with Artest or Odom for D12 + filler, that's cool. If Dr. Buss thinks Gasol is expendable, then maybe parlay that into a big PG acquisition.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
revgen wrote:

You also have to argue why D12 would want to stay with Orlando. He'll get alot of money anywhere he goes.

Essentially D12 will be wasting his prime years in a small market on a non contender. If he wants to make a move, it will be when his contract expires next year. Or even longer depending on CBA. Essentially the only reason people come up with is Dwight is a nice guy and doesn't want to offend people. Please.

It will cost LA alot to acquire him, but as long as right pieces, it will be worth it.

There are other places to go besides LA. He can go to NJ/Brooklyn and pair with a younger star. He can try to swing his way to the Knicks. He can try to hook up with CP3 somewhere.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Fallout wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
revgen wrote:

There are other places to go besides LA. He can go to NJ/Brooklyn and pair with a younger star. He can try to swing his way to the Knicks. He can try to hook up with CP3 somewhere.

Yeah.....both to the Lakers!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1073, 1074, 1075  Next
Page 4 of 1075
Jump to: