***OPENING DAY!!! LAKERS -vs- Bulls 12/25/11 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject:

lol. I'm pleased with the game. Not necessarily the way it ended - but its definitely a step up from their pre-season stuff.

Keep in mind folks - this is without Andrew Bynum who changes several shots and blocks shots as well - two things that Pau Gasol aren't really known for doing on a consistent basis.

So, before you write this team off - wait about 12 games into the season when Andrew has played a few and if they're still coughing up leads and creating these terrible turnovers near the end - then you can proclaim the sky is falling.

The Lakers held their own against CHICAGO. I think they'll be alright with a full starting lineup in tact.

Also nevermind the fact that they're still learning the system and where to be as we speak. The fact they only lost by 1 is encouraging to me. You can tell they're still trying to figure out where they're supposed to be and what to do. Its to be expected.

If this is how they are WITHOUT Andrew Bynum and working under a system they don't fully grasp yet - imagine what happens a month or two into the season when Andrew is in rhythm and everyone understands the system a little better.

I will be the first to proclaim the sky is falling if after February they're still tanking games. I don't think it'll come to that though.

Last edited by ch3cky0selff00 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ONEFORALL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Classic LG. I for one liked what the Lakers did tonight. New coach, new players, new starters and without Bynum. And we played pretty well. Loved the energy and hustle. And Kobe is gonna bounce back. And (bleep) about the refs? Leave it to the other fans.
nduri
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

Still don't get Kobe's infatuation with 1 on 3 offense.
LakerEidos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Remember people. Ultimately, it's just one game. Better this happened during the regular season than during a playoff game. Just let it be a learning experience for the team.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

driver wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Good to hear Mike Brown still has the LeBron choke cologne still on. That's the difference between a Phil coached team and a Mike Brown team: Mental toughness and awareness. Even spaceballs like LO had their moments under P-Jax. Mike Brown's a good defensive coach. Just not a good head coach.

The only person who that on was Kobe himself. Tried to pass outta a double for no reason whatsoever. He had the foul incoming and a free trip to the line. Then on the final play, you do as expected. Get Kobe the ball. But he was the one who chose to do a layup in 3xtraffic.

When was the last time Kobe made a layup to win the game? Kobe has always won with a pull-up. Kobe's game just mentally shot in the last minute tonight.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

4 missed free throws in the last minute and change. Pau was running from the balll because he was scared o the ft line
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Can't think of a worse way to start the season because this one attacked the core of why we were swept. A low team basketball IQ, a little bit of selfishness, and a whole lot of lack of composure in the clutch. Honestly, I'd prefer a blow out.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
abella134
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Wow..one game lost and LG went rookie poster on a panic mode....the good thing is the defense was better than PJ's but it doesn't take away his coaching skills. As Hubie said, lack of training camp and pre-season you expect those turn-overs. Team will learn from their mistake and will adjust accordingly and remember Bynum is not on the roster and we almost beat Chicago.

RELAX and TAKE IT EASY...MITCH AND JIMMY IS WATCHING THE GAME TO IMPROVE THE ROSTER....
Jocinetu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
4 missed free throws in the last minute and change. Pau was running from the balll because he was scared o the ft line

this!!!!
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

JoJo Dancer wrote:

THIS

i knew we would lose because kobe had nobody else to pass the ball to

everyone looked scared to touch the ball

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mhan00 wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:
You can point to the last two plays.. but the bad momentum started with missed FTs. It just deflates the team.

Still, when you have someone like Kobe, you would hope he is not the one making unforced errors. Pau is NEVER ready in that kind of situation to handle Kobe's pass. He never holds his position and always tries to use his length and someone who is more aggressive (and that is almost everyone) can get the steal. No idea why Kobe decided to jump pass it when they had the lead.

Come on man, Pau tried to go meet the ball. It's just Kobe threw an awful pass because he jumped and was off balance. The ball went essentially right between Pau and Deng, and Deng is quicker and more athletic with arms just as long as Pau's. It was a terrible decision. Worst case you're supposed to call a timeout there and reset, not try a desperation pass.

It looked to me that Pau wasn't really expecting Kobe to pass and was caught flatfooted to go after the ball. Just a stupid decision by Kobe, who usually is very aware of the clock and game situation. Now I see why the front office wanted to get Paul. Lakers need another player that can create his own plays.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject:

hit 2 of last 4 free throws, and you'd win the game.
It is much easier to put the blame on #24.
That injury is costing him a lot. A healthy Kobe wouldn't have been fair to the bulls. Consider the Bulls lucky.

Missed free throws, 80% Kobe.
JasonPR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject:

A perfect storm of FAIL.... it took real effort to find a way to loose that game.

Encouraged by:

1- production from the bench
2- kobe seemed healthy (but really hope Brown holds him accountable for being so careless with the ball)
3- Fish on the bench down the line
4- turnover problem should be corrected as the season goes on... I hope
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

So, before you write this team off - wait about 12 games into the season when Andrew has played a few and if they're still coughing up leads and creating these terrible turnovers near the end - then you can proclaim the sky is falling.

yep, they will. that's what you tend to do when you don't have a closer. you throw games away

of course you can believe that we will never get in a close game situation with andrew bynum, but i will leave it to every poster here to decide how realistic this is
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject:

The team played it's best ball in the 2nd half when Kobe was on the bench.

That is fact.
lotc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject:

still did better than I thought they would, but wow the Pau choking under pressure continues. 2 missed fts, fouling Deng on the And 1, running away from the pass from Kobe....yikes I though the playoffs last yr was bad.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
lol. I'm pleased with the game. Not necessarily the way it ended - but its definitely a step up from their pre-season stuff.

Keep in mind folks - this is without Andrew Bynum who changes several shots and blocks shots as well - two things that Pau Gasol aren't really known for doing on a consistent basis.

The Lakers held their own against CHICAGO. I think they'll be alright with a full starting lineup in tact.

Also nevermind the fact that they're still learning the system and where to be as we speak. The fact they only lost by 1 is encouraging to me. You can tell they're still trying to figure out where they're supposed to be and what to do. Its to be expected.

If this is how they are WITHOUT Andrew Bynum and working under a system they don't fully grasp yet - imagine what happens a month or two into the season when Andrew is in rhythm and everyone understands the system a little better.

I will be the first to proclaim the sky is falling if after February they're still tanking games. I don't think it'll come to that though.

True... but the problem is this is a shortened season and the Lakers have 5 games in a week to play. They cannot afford to lose wins at home. The sense of urgency is much higher than normal.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject:

What was the design on the final play? I'd like for just one of these ballwashers in our local media to ask Brown or Kobe that.

"Give it to Kobe and get out of the way" is my guess.
jaylen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject:

there is a big bright side to all of this. we are a better defensive team. we took a great team to the wire without Bynum.

Our end game execution was horrid but if we defend this well we're gonna win alot of games.
sonimala
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Frustrating but there was encouraging signs in defense. Even if this happened in a playoff game, it's only the first game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

With Andrew I ain't scard of nobody cep Miami

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

JasonPR wrote:
A perfect storm of FAIL.... it took real effort to find a way to loose that game.

Encouraged by:

1- production from the bench
2- kobe seemed healthy (but really hope Brown holds him accountable for being so careless with the ball)
3- Fish on the bench down the line
4- turnover problem should be corrected as the season goes on... I hope

+1
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Kobe and Gasol lost this game at the end. Other then that the team played some good D and got in a good rhythm in the third and going into the 4th. 1 loss but better then i expected and got me excited about this team. Our two all-stars lost this game not the rest of the guys
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakers always find a way to ruin families on Christmas.
Vicky T
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject:

This game made me love our new guys

When Bynum comes back and if Ebanks remains a starter,
Murphy, McRoberts, Goudelock, Blake=bench mob
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 54 of 55
Jump to: