***LAKERS -vs- Rockets 1/3/12 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
I'm so done with Pau.. 14 and 8?? com'on.. he should at least be getting a double double.

Pretty dumb statement. He played a pretty good game. He's been relegated to third option with Andrew's return since 'Drew has earned his touches, but he's been very efficient and done a great job as the third option. Any team would love 14 and 8 on better than 50 percent shooting from their third option.

No kidding. With Bynum on the low block and Kobe flashing to the high post regularly, much of Gasol's game was face up from the wing
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
I'm so done with Pau.. 14 and 8?? com'on.. he should at least be getting a double double.

Pretty dumb statement. He played a pretty good game. He's been relegated to third option with Andrew's return since 'Drew has earned his touches, but he's been very efficient and done a great job as the third option. Any team would love 14 and 8 on better than 50 percent shooting from their third option.

dumb statement? all three guys on NBA tv agreed with me. Look.. I'm not saying he played terrible. But he played uninspired and settled for jumpshots when we were clearly the bigger team.

what happened to 19 and 10 pau from two years ago?
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Pau looks ready to be traded for more than a year now. Time to give him what he wants.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject:

The one issue with Pau right now is that his hands have been terrible. Not sure what happened last year, but after the all star break he started dropping a ton of passes and getting stripped more often than he used to, and that trend has continued. He's still done a very good job so far this season, especially buying into Mike Brown's defensive scheme. But he's done a great job as the third option so far, chipping in when he can while options one and two do the heavy lifting.
busym
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Great game. Bynum was a beast. Kolbe was kolbe. And Barnes brought a lot of energy. Another wim.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

dumb statement?

Yep.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject:

crap. I was unable to watch this great game by Bynum, kobe and the gang.
Congrats to Bynum 3-0 against doubters. Kobe rebounded from bad shooting night. Pau clearly playing behind Kobe and Bynum.

looking forward to seeing the highlights and recap.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

dumb statement? all three guys on NBA tv agreed with me. Look.. I'm not saying he played terrible. But he played uninspired and settled for jumpshots when we were clearly the bigger team.

what happened to 19 and 10 pau from two years ago?

LOL, NBA TV. Pau would have had 17 if he hadn't been called for a ridiculous charge and been awarded the and-1 like he should have been. He doesn't get the post up opportunities that he used to because we have a beast now in Andrew Bynum who's doing it better right now. We dominated the backboards, so the 8 rebounds is a non-issue. Rebounding tends to be a team game given the random caroms the ball can take, especially on long shots. You can rip him for poor rebounding when we lose the rebounding battle, not when we dominated it from start to finish.

Looks to me that right now they're moving Pau more out onto the wing and the perimeter to make room for big 'Drew down low, and thus far it's worked pretty damn well for both guys.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject:

LOL at you clowns.. here's what I'm saying.. maybe I'm not being clear:
Pau.. please be more aggressive on the defensive end and take the ball to the hoop against smaller teams.

Last time he was more aggressive.. UTAH. 22 points. 9 boards. 12ft attempts. and 5 blocks!

surely he's capable of more than just jumpers.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I'd have to say Drew and Kobe both had great games, but Pau played some pretty good ball tonight himself. He took the high post, and sooner or later he's really going to punish teams for doubling up on Drew while trying to contain Kobe.

Blake had more shots and minutes than Fish, and played a solid game too.

Barnes - 8 points on 1 shot???? LOVE THE FOOTBALL PASS TO DREW FOR 20!!

Man was this a fun game!!!
Cqc_NastyN8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

dumb statement?

Yep.

Im sorry but Pau should be getting double double every night no if ands or buts. Your 7ft and he hardly fights for a rebound. im not asking for 20-10 guy but he needs to get 10 rebounds a game sorry. He gets his minutes he just doesnt fight for a rebound like he should..and the ones he does get are gimmes.

Bynum FIGHTS for his rebounds..thats why he gets doubles...pau doesnt

"If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success"
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Cqc_NastyN8 wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

dumb statement?

Yep.

Im sorry but Pau should be getting double double every night no if ands or buts. Your 7ft and he hardly fights for a rebound. im not asking for 20-10 guy but he needs to get 10 rebounds a game sorry. He gets his minutes he just doesnt fight for a rebound like he should..and the ones he does get are gimmes.

Bynum FIGHTS for his rebounds..thats why he gets doubles...pau doesnt

THIS

my gosh.. someone else has a brain in this thread.

y'know what's crazy? He used to fight more and he's settled.. for some reason.. people don't see that.
hellsling
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Hard to score 20+ points when you're regulated to be a third option. There just wasn't enough attempts for Pau to do it considering the slow pace (less possession) we were playing at.
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Now it's Pau's turn to be picked out from the team.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject:

I should stay out of game threads. I get too emotional and say stupid stuff sometimes. At one point I said it was Bynum's team. Somebody got mad and called me a Kobe hater and a pathetic troll. This is still Kobe's team.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

No kidding. With Bynum on the low block and Kobe flashing to the high post regularly, much of Gasol's game was face up from the wing

sounds exactly how it SHOULD work.. kobe creating from high post/above if he can create an opening - drew down low for the easy 2, if not, back out to pau who has ability to semi-reset the O.
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Good closeout for y'all. I knew the game was over when Lee went down and I saw our coach put Budinger on Kobe.

Bynum looks good.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Jack Nicholson wrote:
Kobe and Drew both with great games tonight. I don't understand why so many people act like this must be a mutually exclusive event.

Right on Jack

Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject:

BobbyJ wrote:
I should stay out of game threads. I get too emotional and say stupid stuff sometimes. At one point I said it was Bynum's team. Somebody got mad and called me a Kobe hater and a pathetic troll. This is still Kobe's team.

Everyone gets eemotional. Its what fans do..

But who the hell aare the people? Where did they come from?

All they do is start crap.

Skinny jean wearing lakergorund is whst this place has become..

"I told you so"
"Troll"
"Laker hater"

Gtfo...

I'm tired of people questioning loyalties.. mods need to check thisquick.

I've been here for some time..came back even after jd banned me for disagreeing with mmagic...

I'm still here..with a new name... because I'm a laker fan. A fan. Of the team.

I don't agree with everyone..sometimes ill just ignore it..but I won't go as far as questioning your devotion to this team..

What right do i have?

This place is worst than realgm sometimes.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject:

LOL @ the JD days.. that guy was the worst Mod EVAR!!
chilake24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject:

BobbyJ wrote:
Great offensive game by Kobe. He just needs to work a little harder on closing out on the shooters.

do you really know basketball? some times I feel like you are just a troll who likes to post a lot of gossip.
chilake24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
The one issue with Pau right now is that his hands have been terrible. Not sure what happened last year, but after the all star break he started dropping a ton of passes and getting stripped more often than he used to, and that trend has continued. He's still done a very good job so far this season, especially buying into Mike Brown's defensive scheme. But he's done a great job as the third option so far, chipping in when he can while options one and two do the heavy lifting.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject:

chilake24 wrote:
BobbyJ wrote:
Great offensive game by Kobe. He just needs to work a little harder on closing out on the shooters.

do you really know basketball?

I don't know. It looked like Kobe was slow to close out on the 3 point shooters tonight. I think it was Budinger a few times. Brown wasn't too happy with the Defense tonight.

Last edited by 32 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
hellsling
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject:

chilake24 wrote:
BobbyJ wrote:

do you really know basketball? some times I feel like you are just a troll who likes to post a lot of gossip.

How is that trolling? This game would have been a blowout if our perimeter defense didn't suck. Kobe's defense left much be to be desire in this game . He sagged off way too much on Budinger and basically gave him open 3s and uncontested drives to the basket all game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 55 of 56
Jump to: