***LAKERS -at- 76ers 2/6/2012 GAME THREAD***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakergal16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Some of these posts are baffling

Do these two losses suck? Absolutely. Is it the end of the road? No. Can the team get it together and play great ball in the playoffs like the New York Giants did this year? Hell yes. Not over until the fat lady sings and I don't hear a damn note anywhere.

I want the Lakers to take it to those green pricks Thursday.

Last edited by lakergal16 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
Kobe.. Hi, I'm the post.. maybe you can meet me when your outside shots aren't falling. Please meet me as a Champion would and not be flustered and chuck clankers

I'm glad that you disagree with me, Trey. If there's one surefire way I can determine whether I am in the right or wrong on LG, it's to see whether you agree with me or not. Thank God for that barometer.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject:

This sucks they tease us with the lead at the end of each game then they lose.
We haft to make moves now get a good PG that can start. Put fish third string. Have Blake and Gloc play together as the bench.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject:

kuester: "we got into a mode where we took some rushed shots, and then all of a sudden took some contested shots..."

no (bleep)
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Until these coaches start respecting Glocks shot, we won't win (bleep).... I dont care how much experience Fisher has, this is the regular season, we need wins... put the young guy in who i smaking shots...
TheeLakeshow
Star Player
Star Player

Drifts wrote:
tw-lakbfan wrote:
Drifts wrote:
A Day in the Life wrote:
What's more disconcering, Mike Brown and Kuester both like to play Kobe the FULL TWELVES MINUTES. He was cold for a reason...too many (bleep) minutes. We have a stunted coaching staff in terms of managing minutes.

it's not even playing him the full 24 minutes of the 2nd half... they play him half of that only as a decoy. no sets are run for him, no plays are run for him.

Kobe got dead cold after the 3rd qtr.

exactly. Kuester thinks that a good idea.

Had nothing to do with Kuester, Kobe dictated the Iso on his own with the dribbling and positioning. You can see the difference in his posture and vision . He wants to close he wants to shoulder the load. Tonight he couldnt do it. He has been great countless times but tonight he was not. He has not been at his best over the course of the entire game for the last 4 games now.
hellsling
Star Player
Star Player

Kobe's been terribly unclutch this season; throwing the ball away, missing, and taking horrible shots. Lakers are nothing more than a 5th seed in the West this year...

Last edited by hellsling on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
This sucks they tease us with the lead at the end of each game then they lose.
We haft to make moves now get a good PG that can start. Put fish third string. Have Blake and Gloc play together as the bench.

Fisher came back at the 4th too early?

I would try my luck with Glock there down the stretch to see what this kobe is made of.
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject:

TheeLakeshow wrote:
Drifts wrote:
tw-lakbfan wrote:
Drifts wrote:
A Day in the Life wrote:
What's more disconcering, Mike Brown and Kuester both like to play Kobe the FULL TWELVES MINUTES. He was cold for a reason...too many (bleep) minutes. We have a stunted coaching staff in terms of managing minutes.

it's not even playing him the full 24 minutes of the 2nd half... they play him half of that only as a decoy. no sets are run for him, no plays are run for him.

Had nothing to do with Kuester, Kobe dictated the Iso on his own with the dribbling and positioning. You can see the difference in his posture and vision . He wants to close he wants to shoulder the load. Tonight he couldnt do it. He has been great countless times but tonight he was not. He has not been at his best over the course of the entire game for the last 4 games now.

You might not realize this, but Kobe has played like this ALOT on the championship years. Only difference he didn't get calls or couldn't find rhythm. Kobe is averaging the most minutes in the NBA at age 33 and has a torn ligament.

He is clutch, but he is getting old and needs at least 4 minutes break in the 4th.
BigDon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject:

While Kobe chucking in the game was costly, the facts are, we need a small forward that can score at least an average of 10 a game, and a point guard that can defend, get into the paint, and make real entry passes. This team is basically playing 3 on 5 every game. When Kobe tries to make up the difference, he inevitably fails. Number 8 Kobe maybe could have number 24 can't. I don't need to tell you how bad our bench is. If the front office doesn't care enough to do something to help these starters out , then we might as well be for real and accept this is another lost season.

Last edited by BigDon on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakers will be out of the playoff picture very soon and then we will find out if Mitch just wants to waste the season and focus on 2014.
Bladers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject:

TheeLakeshow wrote:
Drifts wrote:
tw-lakbfan wrote:
Drifts wrote:
A Day in the Life wrote:

CAN SOMEONE BAN THIS FOOL?

DID YOU SEE THEM DOULBE HIM ONCE IN THE LAST 3 MINS?

I'm tired of haters with 58 posts making posts whenever lakers lose to put the blame on him. IF you're gonna blame him then do it LOGICALLY!!!

You have no facts to back up your statements and all the facts are against you. You either find one or STFU and SELF BAN!!!

Last edited by Bladers on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Meh, hurts just how better than us the Clippers are right now.. 5 rings be damn!!!!!
slaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
Meh, hurts just how better than us the Clippers are right now.. 5 rings be damn!!!!!

It's going to hurt even more when Martin starts playing and then they sign JR...
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject:

slaker wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

It's going to hurt even more when Martin starts playing and then they sign JR...

Sterling has a bad reputation, but his GM and scouts certainly do their jobs. With good pgs, now thery're adding front court players.

On the contrary, we get 2 great bigs, but we're unable to do anything about our back court issue.

Last edited by tw-lakbfan on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Trey wrote:
Kobe.. Hi, I'm the post.. maybe you can meet me when your outside shots aren't falling. Please meet me as a Champion would and not be flustered and chuck clankers

I'm glad that you disagree with me, Trey. If there's one surefire way I can determine whether I am in the right or wrong on LG, it's to see whether you agree with me or not. Thank God for that barometer.

2-14 disagrees with you too
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kuester: "we got into a mode where we took some rushed shots, and then all of a sudden took some contested shots..."

no (bleep)

flustered and panicked and chucker mode for the whole team

like they forget they can find ways to be more precise and create an open man

^^ on the coaching staff?
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
Trey wrote:

Bad shooting means that Kobe shot poorly. Not that he put himself ahead of the team.

Try not to argue too much, Trey. You might hurt yourself.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

no (bleep)

flustered and panicked and chucker mode for the whole team

like they forget they can find ways to be more precise and create an open man

^^ on the coaching staff?

I miss Fox, Horry, Harper, Shaw. They could be relied upon at the critical moments. Now we have MWP (not RonRon), Barnes, Murphy, Kapono whom I don't think can perform under pressure.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Trey wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
Trey wrote:

Bad shooting means that Kobe shot poorly. Not that he put himself ahead of the team.

Try not to get personal Jeffs.

I failed once letting your petty snide remarks set me off.. not again
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I guess your 'opinions' just bring out the best in me, Trey. Happy posting.

No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Why is everyone arguing here? the FO got us Kapono, Murphy and McRoberts who are all useless. They are still holding on the Fish, we're stuck with Meta and Walton. Do you realize that we only have 3-4 solid players on this team?

This team is not going anywhere until some real changes are made. And that is on the FO and owner(I don't even know who that is anymore).
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Now that I've had a chance to calm down a little bit... There was a bright spot or two...

Kobe could indeed have used a rest early 4th quarter. He was actually playing a brilliant game until that final few minutes when he went iso but just didn't appear to have enough left in the tank. Until then he mixed it up quite well with some great feeds and some prolific scoring. It's like he knew he was playing 3 on 5 and managed to keep his team ahead of Philly in spite of it. I think Kuester was simply scared to yank him to start the 4th qtr. Pretty unfortunate, because Glock was warm by then, which meant that Murphy gave himself permission to start hitting shots. I think we'd have survived 4 minutes without Kobe to start the 4th. I think we'd have kicked Philly's butts had Kobe taken a breather.

Drew - 20-20 and aggressive on the offensive boards, with a couple of very good passes, that touch pass to Gasol between defenders off a Barnes save for example had the Philly announcers raving about seven footers passing like they do.

Gasol - I saw some second effort out of him to bat long bounces towards teammates; that's the kind of play I remember when the Lakers were regularly outrebounding teams like they outrebounded Philly tonight.

Goudelock - This is the first time I saw him unleash a pretty serious-looking post move. Was that an accident or is this something he's been working on for a while? I did a double-take on that one. He's clearly more than just a three-point threat with that floater, what he's shown on the p&r, and perhaps a new wrinkle to his offense. He may look like a rookie on defense, but at least he looks like a rookie with quick feet who can make good players work hard if they think they can iso him all night.

Blake - sooner or later he'll be back, and we were one serviceable player away from winning this game handily.

Rebounding - we didn't just win the rebounding battle; we crushed the Sixers in that department.

So.. a lot sucked about the last 3 minutes of this game, but I wouldn't write any obituaries for the Lakers just yet.
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject:

stacato wrote:
Why is everyone arguing here? the FO got us Kapono, Murphy and McRoberts who are all useless. They are still holding on the Fish, we're stuck with Meta and Walton. Do you realize that we only have 3-4 solid players on this team?

This team is not going anywhere until some real changes are made. And that is on the FO and owner(I don't even know who that is anymore).
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Trey wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
Trey wrote:

I checked in and Kobe was 9-19 and Drew was 8-13 with a few minutes left, LA up 4. I come back and Drew doesn't have another shot, and Kobe's 10-26. That's not just bad shooting (1-7 down the stretch), but total lack of shot discipline. OK, you want to win games down the stretch. You think that's your role. Fine. Then actually do it. We're a results organization, not role based.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45
Jump to: