**** Lakers Vs. Grizzlies **** Game Thread 3/25/12 ** Updated **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 89, 90, 91  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coop_21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject:

The_Joker wrote:
Bynum was the only bright spot for this team tonight. Sure, his rebounding could have been better, but look at what happened when he's out. Lay-up line for the Grizz, both halves.

It's sad that Kobe and Gasol can't even hold leads or keep up with the other team without Bynum on the floor. At this point, it seems to me that one can't create shots well enough, and the other one can't play defense well enough.

Bynum got some dubious calls(bogus offensive foul and travel), but unfortunately, he made his bed with that ejection(it's not the ejection that's bad, it's the way he high-fived the fans). Otherwise, his impact could have been even greater.

This is sarcasm right? Bynum now sees himself as an All Star scorer and his lack of rebounding and defense is one big reason why they lost tonight.
loanman_316
Star Player
Star Player

k4lakers wrote:
Uglymoe wrote:
Bynum and Sessions are the only bright spots of this game.

I'm sorry but 4 rebounds for Bynum is flat out pathetic.

agree
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

The_Joker wrote:
Bynum was the only bright spot for this team tonight. Sure, his rebounding could have been better, but look at what happened when he's out. Lay-up line for the Grizz, both halves.

It's sad that Kobe and Gasol can't even hold leads or keep up with the other team without Bynum on the floor. At this point, it seems to me that one can't create shots well enough, and the other one can't play defense well enough.

Bynum got some dubious calls(bogus offensive foul and travel), but unfortunately, he made his bed with that ejection(it's not the ejection that's bad, it's the way he high-fived the fans). Otherwise, his impact could have been even greater.

as bynum's scoring output has increased of late, has his rebounding declined? i'd love to some stats on that...
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

greenfrog wrote:
24 wrote:
Tick wrote:
24 wrote:
Tick wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
Mike Brown... Welcome to LA!!!!! You benched Kobe!!! My goodness .. Much Respect!!!!!

Kobe was bencned after he caught the ball on the left wing and dribbled all day then shot a forced shot that resulted in a fast break basket and then a time out call. Everyone wants MB to take control of the team, now he did, but they're mad. Kobe sat at the end of the bench to watch how a TEAM offense works. It's about time he was held accountable for his actions.

MB pulled Kobe out of the game to keep him from taking a baseball bat to those SLACKERS he calls teammates for not running down on defense. The "team" offense didn't do SQUAT. Find a new ideology. Kobe hating died with flip phones.

Uh, Kobe was a turnstile too...

Kobe was frustrated that yet another defender gets to just hold and hack him at will. Even when he beats his man, they just grab an arm...

On that particular play Kobe SCREAMED "short." The only players that took off running down the court were the GRIZZ! What was it 3 on 0? That's what upset him on that play. He went back and slug the chair. Yes he was frustrated...but on that particular play...he was frustrated at his teammates.

Eh, Kobe had a ton of plays watching guys fly by him, so i wouldn't get too mad about it.

it was sessions and barnes who dived to the basket. thinking to rebound the miss, or that kobe was going to pass on the fadeaway. it made no sense.

we didn't get down 10 points with one play. Rebounding and defense inside was atrocious.
kobemania3-16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject:

If this team wants to score when kobe only get 15 shots 3 FT the whole game they are in denial.

ramon need to do his but when kobe's hot you need to go with him, kobe was hot brought us back from 65-61 all the way to 66-65, and? we go away from kobe and they go away with the game.

Last edited by kobemania3-16 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
loanman_316
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
The_Joker wrote:

as bynum's scoring output has increased of late, has his rebounding declined? i'd love to some stats on that...

i dont think thats the case at all. i think it may have gone up
Lak3rs1987
Star Player
Star Player

Ever since Andrew became a all star he seems more concerned with Offense than D.
Rich Damico
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

KOBE -6 OUCH..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The_Joker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Coop_21 wrote:
The_Joker wrote:

This is sarcasm right? Bynum now sees himself as an All Star scorer and his lack of rebounding and defense is one big reason why they lost tonight.

2 assists for Kobe and 4-14 shooting Gasol are even worse. Bynum is not supposed to do everything.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

DVD man lost the game for us not taking Blake out when he got torched by Mayo and how nice of him to cause more stir by benching Kobe. Good job.
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
24 wrote:
Tick wrote:
24 wrote:
Tick wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
Mike Brown... Welcome to LA!!!!! You benched Kobe!!! My goodness .. Much Respect!!!!!

Kobe was bencned after he caught the ball on the left wing and dribbled all day then shot a forced shot that resulted in a fast break basket and then a time out call. Everyone wants MB to take control of the team, now he did, but they're mad. Kobe sat at the end of the bench to watch how a TEAM offense works. It's about time he was held accountable for his actions.

MB pulled Kobe out of the game to keep him from taking a baseball bat to those SLACKERS he calls teammates for not running down on defense. The "team" offense didn't do SQUAT. Find a new ideology. Kobe hating died with flip phones.

Kobe was frustrated that yet another defender gets to just hold and hack him at will. Even when he beats his man, they just grab an arm...

On that particular play Kobe SCREAMED "short." The only players that took off running down the court were the GRIZZ! What was it 3 on 0? That's what upset him on that play. He went back and slug the chair. Yes he was frustrated...but on that particular play...he was frustrated at his teammates.

Eh, Kobe had a ton of plays watching guys fly by him, so i wouldn't get too mad about it.

it was sessions and barnes who dived to the basket. thinking to rebound the miss, or that kobe was going to pass on the fadeaway. it made no sense.

When every person in staples heard Kobe scream "short" on that shot, it was as if the only players that reacted to it were the Grizz. How did they react? They bolted to the other end of the court for what looked like a 3-0 fastbreak? They were just as shocked that nobody came to defend! NOBODY.

And then...this is funny...the camera pans up court to see our plodding team a good 4-5 strides behind? That's priceless. You bet it made no sense.
Uglymoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers looked like they were on a second of a back to back, not the Grizzlies.
loanman_316
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject:

loanman_316 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
The_Joker wrote:

i dont think thats the case at all. i think it may have gone up

just looked at march he is about 23ppg and 11 boards so yeah a dip
loanman_316
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject:

drew speaking the truth and taking his share of responsibility
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Tick wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

I'm talking reality. You're talking wishful thinking. Watch the game around the 6 minute mark and you'll see what I'm talking about, not that you'd be willing to admit it. Kobe wasn't making any fantastic defensive effort nor was he doing anything to stop Allen, Mayo, or anyone else. Brown made a statement and personally, I have no problem with it. Not that I'd expect YOU to be objective.

You're talking nonsense. If defense was Brown's problem there were people on the court that were worse than Kobe.

Reference to Kobe's bad offense leading to bad D (3-0 breakaway?) was to a Kobe fan's claim that every other Laker played bad D, as if Kobe didn't. Whatever. As for Kobe's defense being better than multiple people, you clearly never pay attention to Kobe guarding ANYONE 1 on 1. If you show him the ball, he reaches for it. If you penetrate, he reaches, mostly from behind, occasionally from the front, virtually EVERY TIME. Tony Allen looked like an all star on his spin move because....Kobe reached. Kobe got back doored when he fell asleep as Randolph had the ball on the right wing and Allen made a layup. They did the same play to another guard on the next play. Then after the Lakers saw the play twice in a row, they did it AGAIN with Mayo making a backdoor layup against Kobe as he fell asleep again. Quit praising someone who consistently plays poor defense and then telling me that I'M talking nonsense. Your analysis of the game is obviously biased.
loanman_316
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Dominator wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Tick wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

I'm talking reality. You're talking wishful thinking. Watch the game around the 6 minute mark and you'll see what I'm talking about, not that you'd be willing to admit it. Kobe wasn't making any fantastic defensive effort nor was he doing anything to stop Allen, Mayo, or anyone else. Brown made a statement and personally, I have no problem with it. Not that I'd expect YOU to be objective.

You're talking nonsense. If defense was Brown's problem there were people on the court that were worse than Kobe.

Reference to Kobe's bad offense leading to bad D (3-0 breakaway?) was to a Kobe fan's claim that every other Laker played bad D, as if Kobe didn't. Whatever. As for Kobe's defense being better than multiple people, you clearly never pay attention to Kobe guarding ANYONE 1 on 1. If you show him the ball, he reaches for it. If you penetrate, he reaches, mostly from behind, occasionally from the front, virtually EVERY TIME. Tony Allen looked like an all star on his spin move because....Kobe reached. Kobe got back doored when he fell asleep as Randolph had the ball on the right wing and Allen made a layup. They did the same play to another guard on the next play. Then after the Lakers saw the play twice in a row, they did it AGAIN with Mayo making a backdoor layup against Kobe as he fell asleep again. Quit praising someone who consistently plays poor defense and then telling me that I'M talking nonsense. Your analysis of the game is obviously biased.

u wont get him to ever hold kobe accountable for anything. literally nothing.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24 wrote:
Tick wrote:
24 wrote:
Tick wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

Of COURSE it was short. He dribbled 10-12 seconds, couldn't get past his man or fake him out, then he put up a forced shot that he KNEW immediately was way off. Nobody was in position to rebound, to be back on defense, or do what they should on that play because Kobe took it upon himself to do whatever he wanted on that play. That's why the coach took him out because shooting outside of the offense whenever and wherever you want leads to things like a 3 on 0 fast break. Meantime, if you want to do that, why not try getting back YOURSELF instead of expecting everyone else to when you take a foolish shot?

When every person in staples heard Kobe scream "short" on that shot, it was as if the only players that reacted to it were the Grizz. How did they react? They bolted to the other end of the court for what looked like a 3-0 fastbreak? They were just as shocked that nobody came to defend! NOBODY.

And then...this is funny...the camera pans up court to see our plodding team a good 4-5 strides behind? That's priceless. You bet it made no sense.

Kobe dribbled too long, then shot a bad shot and knew immediately it was short and nobody was in possition to do anything about it. He should have gotten back himself since he was the 1st one he knew how bad it was, but he was mad at his teammates for him forcing up a shot that led to them being down by 14? If your analysis is so good and mine so bad, why did coach Brown take only Kobe out and leave him sitting for 4 minutes? He should have taken out the rest of the starters too? Believe what you want. The coach saw the same thing you and I saw, but only I'M willing to acknowledge.

Last edited by lakersboy on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject:

loanman_316 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Dominator wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Tick wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

Clearly a fan of Kobe's but I'm going to present facts instead of allowing someone to pretend I dont know basketball logic.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Rich Damico wrote:
KOBE -6 OUCH..

You cant say that about Kobe. He's won 5 rings so he's earned it.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Tick wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

Is that what you think?

Is that your resonse?
loanman_316
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject:

lakerboy it wont work. the mind is set
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
24 wrote:
Tick wrote:
24 wrote:
Tick wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

I'm not mad. I'm just describing that particular play and Kobe's reaction to it.

Your original comment says otherwise. You blame others while refusing to assign any fault to your guy and it's obvious for all to see.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject:

loanman_316 wrote:
lakerSboy it wont work. the mind is set
But you're an old Shaq fan......ok, j/k.

Fixed it for you. Take out the S and I become a very negative poster on LG.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Dominator wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Tick wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

Clearly a fan of Kobe's but I'm going to present facts instead of allowing someone to pretend I dont know basketball logic.

Props to MB for sitting Kobe, it might cost him his job.

IMO it wasn't Kobe who lost the game, it was Mike. He killed momentum with his rotations.

It made no sense to me to have Blake, McBob, Sessions on the floor at the same time and for such a long period. IMO he has no clue of what works as far as personal on the floor at the same time.

We have the talent in the unit. We don't in the coaching staff.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loanman_316
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
loanman_316 wrote:
lakerSboy it wont work. the mind is set
But you're an old Shaq fan......ok, j/k.

Fixed it for you. Take out the S and I become a very negative poster on LG.

ahh my apologies, still getting to know the regs here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 90 of 91
Jump to: