***Lakers-Vs.-Spurs *** Game Thread 4/20/2012 ( Kobe Will Play !! )
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: ***Lakers-Vs.-Spurs *** Game Thread 4/20/2012 ( Kobe Will Play !! )

9:30 PM ET, April 20, 2012
AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX

Coverage: ESPN

Steaming Game Link ★★★

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/120003/1/watch-los-angeles-lakers-vs-san-antonio-spurs.html

Line - San Antonio by 6.5, O/U: 0.0

Points ★ ★ ★ Rebounds ★ ★ ★ Assists ★ ★ ★

SA Parker 18.5 Duncan 9.0 Parker 7.7
LAL Bryant 28.1 Bynum 12.1 Sessions 6.7

Team Stat Leaders :

Points T. Parker 18.6 K. Bryant 28.1
Rebounds T. Duncan 9.1 A. Bynum 12.2
Assists T. Parker 7.6 R. Sessions 5.7
Steals K. Leonard 1.3 K. Bryant 1.2
Blocks T. Duncan 1.5 A. Bynum 1.9

Lakers-Spurs Preview ( Per ESPN )

The San Antonio Spurs handed the Los Angeles Lakers their worst loss of the season earlier this week, but that came with Kobe Bryant sidelined.

The Spurs likely won't get such a break this time with the Lakers star set to return from injury.

The Western Conference-leading Spurs will be trying to extend their winning streak to six Friday night, but Bryant is expected to play for the first time in eight games and face San Antonio for the first time in 2011-12.

After its eight-game home winning streak was snapped with a 98-84 loss to the Bryant-less Lakers on April 11, the Spurs (45-16) routed Los Angeles 112-91 at Staples Center on Wednesday.

Tony Parker had 29 points and 13 assists and Tim Duncan added 19 points with eight rebounds as San Antonio snapped a three-game skid in the series.

"It went just as well for us as it went for them in San Antonio," coach Gregg Popovich said. "The Lakers had the kind of night we had back home when they destroyed us. So we had a good night, and we still caught a break.

"I looked hard, but I didn't see Kobe anywhere. I think that helped us a little bit."

The Spurs, one-half game in front of Oklahoma City, could see plenty of Bryant on Friday after he missed the last seven games with a bruised left shin. Los Angeles went 5-2 without the NBA scoring leader.

The Pacific Division-leading Lakers (40-23) are looking for a strong three-game finish as they try to hold off the Clippers for the third seed in the West. They were able to survive without Bryant thanks in part to Andrew Bynum, who averaged 23.1 points and 14.1 rebounds during that stretch, and Pau Gasol, who scored 21.1 points per game while the 14-time All-Star was out.

Bynum had 31 points and nine rebounds while Gasol had 22 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists in a 99-87 victory at Golden State on Wednesday. The Lakers set a season high with 34 assists.

"It's been good to see how much the guys have progressed in doing things they ordinarily would not try to do," Bryant said. "Now when I'm not out there, you have to do other things. You have to experiment with your game, and they had a great deal of success with that and their confidence is at a high level, which is great."

The Lakers, though, will face a deep San Antonio team that might be playing as well as any club in the NBA. Without Duncan, who was given the night off to rest, San Antonio beat Sacramento 127-102 on Wednesday to end a 3-0 California trip.

Ten Spurs scored at least eight points, with Tiago Splitter and Gary Neal tying for the team lead with 17.

"Our best player (Duncan) doesn't play and we still win by 20," said Stephen Jackson, the lone Spur to play 30 minutes. "It's our preparation, giving every team we face respect, and going out and playing hard."

Duncan will likely return to the lineup Friday as the Spurs try to avoid a third straight home loss to the Lakers. Bynum's career-best and NBA season-high 30 boards helped Los Angeles outrebound San Antonio 60-33 on April 11.

The Lakers, who host the Thunder on Sunday before closing out their schedule at Sacramento on Thursday, will clinch home-court advantage in the first round with a victory Friday or a loss by Memphis to Charlotte.

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview?id=320420024

Injury Report ✖ ✖ ✖

Lakers

Kobe Bryant SG - Apr 20 ( Will Play !! ) per ESPN

Spurs

Manu Ginobili SG - Apr 16: Day-to-Day
Tim Duncan C - Apr 16: Day-to-Day
Tony Parker PG - Apr 16: Day-to-Day

San Antonio / Lakers

45-16 W-L 40-23

102.7 AVG Points 97.1

96.3 Points Allowed 95.0

25-5 Home Record 25-7

20-11 Road Record 15-16

W1 Current Streak W5

8-2 Last 10 7-3

My Game Thoughts !

Let's Go baby !! ( Keep the faith )

So last time we played the Spurs it was a let down considering that we beat them a couple of day's before at there home , The past is the past and we can make a statement this game .

Kobe is expected to return and let's wish him luck and that our team will show some passion for every game left this season , Let's be honest here " The Lakers and the Spurs are some-what alike and we should go back and forth with each other since we are both good teams and know each other very well , If we was to meet in the playoffs I am pretty sure that it would be at least a 6 game series but the odds would be going 7 games ,

Hey but it's Friday and it's beer time !!! Let's keep the faith and get excited for the game tonight !! I will be with my lady but make no mistake about it " I will be wearing my Lakers gear and snap-Back hat and if she does not like it " well ... The hell with her !! She can go party or something

Did you Know !! That Phil Jackson had previously commented that the Spurs championship in 1999 should come with an asterisk. Jackson stated this because the championship took place during a lockout-shortened season, and the three-time defending champion Bulls team (which Jackson coached) was dismantled before it was able to defend its 1998 championship.

Did you Know !! That Prior to 1999, the Lakers-Spurs first playoff meetings occurred in 1982 (Lakers 4-0 in Conference Finals),

Last edited by Kb24goldenChild on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
yOw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject:

Kb24goldenChild in da hOuse!!!

Let's go Lakers! A W would be a HUGE confidence boost for us and a MASSIVE shock for the Spurs.

Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject:

yOw wrote:

Let's go Lakers! A W would be a HUGE confidence boost for us and a MASSIVE shock for the Spurs.

I'm in the house !!! Yes yes and ready for this game tooonight !! , I see us going back and forth but I hope at the end we WIN !!
yOw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject:

Kb24goldenChild wrote:
yOw wrote:

I'm in the house !!! Yes yes and ready for this game tooonight !! , I see us going back and forth but I hope at the end we WIN !!

The Black Mamba is back to kick some asses. I believe in this team; I believe it's their time; it IS our time.

Pop's team had its glory portion; only the Lakers have the right to keep dominating.

Road to Championship number 17 baby! Yeah!

Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject:

It's a must win game !!!!!!!!!
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject:

yOw wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
yOw wrote:

The Black Mamba is back to kick some asses. I believe in this team; I believe it's their time; it IS our time.

Pop's team had its glory portion; only the Lakers have the right to keep dominating.

Road to Championship number 17 baby! Yeah!

I might go buy me a Black Mamba snake if the Lakers win this game , And when the damn Spurs fan next door has his flag waving from the car and talking trash over here I will show him the Mamba and make him back off
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject:

A Day in the Life wrote:
Tanlentueux wrote:
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject:

We got this, go Lakers!!!

Excited to see Kobe back. Hopefully he'll get into his rhyme soon and the team continue to play at the level that they has been playing recently.

Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject:

Lakers First wrote:
We got this, go Lakers!!!

Excited to see Kobe back. Hopefully he'll get into his rhyme soon and the team continue to play at the level that they has been playing recently.

limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject:

Just win.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject:

Hopefully the officiating crew will let MWP play tonight. Go Lakers!
Triangle_Offense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject:

I have a good feeling about the game. I hope Mike Brown looked at the tape and has a better strategy for guarding Tony Parker. Stop him and you stop the Spurs.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject:

Let's go! I'm pumped up for this game.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject:

So I went to the Spurs forum to see how they talk trash about us, but their scared of us.

They're trying their best to avoid the Lakers in the playoffs, one person even suggested losing to us today so they won't face us in the playoffs.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject:

This subject has been discussed, in a number of different ways, and in a number of different threads. Timvp did a good write-up in which he talked about the reasons why the Lakers are the worst matchup for the Spurs. A number of people commented that it would be cowardly to avoid the Lakers in the post-season, or even in the regular season.

LMAO!
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: ***Lakers-Vs.-Spurs *** Game Thread 4/20/2012 ( Kobe Expected Back !! )

Kb24goldenChild wrote:

Steaming Game Link ★★★

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/120003/1/watch-los-angeles-lakers-vs-san-antonio-spurs.html

Team Stat Leaders :

The San Antonio Spurs handed the Los Angeles Lakers their worst loss of the season earlier this week, but that came with Kobe Bryant sidelined.

The Spurs likely won't get such a break this time with the Lakers star set to return from injury.

The Western Conference-leading Spurs will be trying to extend their winning streak to six Friday night, but Bryant is expected to play for the first time in eight games and face San Antonio for the first time in 2011-12.

After its eight-game home winning streak was snapped with a 98-84 loss to the Bryant-less Lakers on April 11, the Spurs (45-16) routed Los Angeles 112-91 at Staples Center on Wednesday.

Tony Parker had 29 points and 13 assists and Tim Duncan added 19 points with eight rebounds as San Antonio snapped a three-game skid in the series.

"It went just as well for us as it went for them in San Antonio," coach Gregg Popovich said. "The Lakers had the kind of night we had back home when they destroyed us. So we had a good night, and we still caught a break.

"I looked hard, but I didn't see Kobe anywhere. I think that helped us a little bit."

The Spurs, one-half game in front of Oklahoma City, could see plenty of Bryant on Friday after he missed the last seven games with a bruised left shin. Los Angeles went 5-2 without the NBA scoring leader.

The Pacific Division-leading Lakers (40-23) are looking for a strong three-game finish as they try to hold off the Clippers for the third seed in the West. They were able to survive without Bryant thanks in part to Andrew Bynum, who averaged 23.1 points and 14.1 rebounds during that stretch, and Pau Gasol, who scored 21.1 points per game while the 14-time All-Star was out.

Bynum had 31 points and nine rebounds while Gasol had 22 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists in a 99-87 victory at Golden State on Wednesday. The Lakers set a season high with 34 assists.

"It's been good to see how much the guys have progressed in doing things they ordinarily would not try to do," Bryant said. "Now when I'm not out there, you have to do other things. You have to experiment with your game, and they had a great deal of success with that and their confidence is at a high level, which is great."

The Lakers, though, will face a deep San Antonio team that might be playing as well as any club in the NBA. Without Duncan, who was given the night off to rest, San Antonio beat Sacramento 127-102 on Wednesday to end a 3-0 California trip.

Ten Spurs scored at least eight points, with Tiago Splitter and Gary Neal tying for the team lead with 17.

"Our best player (Duncan) doesn't play and we still win by 20," said Stephen Jackson, the lone Spur to play 30 minutes. "It's our preparation, giving every team we face respect, and going out and playing hard."

Duncan will likely return to the lineup Friday as the Spurs try to avoid a third straight home loss to the Lakers. Bynum's career-best and NBA season-high 30 boards helped Los Angeles outrebound San Antonio 60-33 on April 11.

The Lakers, who host the Thunder on Sunday before closing out their schedule at Sacramento on Thursday, will clinch home-court advantage in the first round with a victory Friday or a loss by Memphis to Charlotte.

Injury Report ✖ ✖ ✖

Lakers

Kobe Bryant SG - Apr 19: Day-to-Day ( Expected Back ) per ESPN

Spurs

San Antonio / Lakers

45-16 W-L 40-23

102.7 AVG Points 97.1

96.3 Points Allowed 95.0

25-5 Home Record 25-7

20-11 Road Record 15-16

W1 Current Streak W5

8-2 Last 10 7-3

My Game Thoughts !

So last time we played the Spurs it was a let down considering that we beat them a couple of day's before at there home , The past is the past and we can make a statement this game .

Kobe is expected to return and let's wish him luck and that our team will show some passion for every game left this season , Let's be honest here " The Lakers and the Spurs are some-what alike and we should go back and forth with each other since we are both good teams and know each other very well , If we was to meet in the playoffs I am pretty sure that it would be at least a 6 game series but the odds would be going 7 games ,

Hey but it's Friday and it's beer time !!! Let's keep the faith and get excited for the game tonight !! I will be with my lady but make no mistake about it " I will be wearing my Lakers gear and snap-Back hat and if she does not like it " well ... The hell with her !! She can go party or something

Did you Know !! That Phil Jackson had previously commented that the Spurs championship in 1999 should come with an asterisk. Jackson stated this because the championship took place during a lockout-shortened season, and the three-time defending champion Bulls team (which Jackson coached) was dismantled before it was able to defend its 1998 championship.

Did you Know !! That Prior to 1999, the Lakers-Spurs first playoff meetings occurred in 1982 (Lakers 4-0 in Conference Finals),

Somebody will soon be jealous...
Great job Kb24goldenChild. I enjoy you're posts. Keep up the great job.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
So I went to the Spurs forum to see how they talk trash about us, but their scared of us.

They're trying their best to avoid the Lakers in the playoffs, one person even suggested losing to us today so they won't face us in the playoffs.

I'm happy to see this... Thanks for the recon!
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject:

Errata:

Steaming Game Link ★★★
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject:

Props for the game thread!
chicky baby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
Hopefully the officiating crew will let MWP play tonight. Go Lakers!

Let There Be Peace on Earth Tonight.
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject:

I'm excited for Kobe Bean's return.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject:

FYI - The game is also being televised on Local TV: KCAL
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject:

Everyone will be watching to see which Kobe shows up. Plenty of time to rest.

Hopefully the other players remain aggressive.

Im curious to see artest play. I want to see how he manages now that kobe is back
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: ***Lakers-Vs.-Spurs *** Game Thread 4/20/2012 ( Kobe Expected Back !! )

LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:

Steaming Game Link ★★★

Team Stat Leaders :

Injury Report ✖ ✖ ✖

Lakers

Kobe Bryant SG - Apr 19: Day-to-Day ( Expected Back ) per ESPN

Spurs

San Antonio / Lakers

45-16 W-L 40-23

102.7 AVG Points 97.1

96.3 Points Allowed 95.0

25-5 Home Record 25-7

20-11 Road Record 15-16

W1 Current Streak W5

8-2 Last 10 7-3

My Game Thoughts !

Somebody will soon be jealous...
Great job Kb24goldenChild. I enjoy you're posts. Keep up the great job.

Thanks
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 1 of 51
Jump to: