Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject:

jcmaggi wrote:
drewdizown8 wrote:
ok the game thread seems to be the only place to discuss crazy ideas without getting flamed too much, so here's a q:

Being a fan, I'm allowed to look ahead and play hypotheticals. If we're up 3-0, do we bench Kobe, Pau and Bynum for a game?

I would seriously consider it. These horses get rest, and we give the entire bench more run. Also , we would then have ron starting Game 2 vs the Thunder instead of Game 3.

That's been the major discussion lately, if Lakers get up big in the series, wouldn't it be better strategy to prolong the series? IMHO, you can't do that. First, it's the playoffs, you have no idea when a team is going to catch fire, you gotta put them away when you get the chance. Second, don't forget, by artificially elongating the series, you're needlessly increasing the chances for injuries to occur.

Just my two cents and I do think there are positives to the Lakers trying to extend the series.....but they're outweighed by the potential negatives.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. You have to weigh the value of the momentum gained from a 4 game sweep, vs the value of a team with less momentum, but MWP in the line-up.

I think I would take the momentum, but lets worry about game 2 first! Go get em boys!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
Lakers are 33-1 in 7-game playoff series after winning Game 1, the lone loss coming in 1993 to Sir Charles & Phoenix.

Two things wrong with your sentence. I don't know what the actual record is, but I know this off the top of my head.

-First, Sam Perkins hit a big time three and the Lakers took game 1 in 1991 against the Bulls, only to lose the next 4. Maybe your statement excludes FINALS?

-Secondly, the 1993 series against the Suns where we won the first two games on their court was not a 7 game series. Back then, first rounds were a 5 game series. We were the 8th seed and were about to shock the world. Phoenix wins the next two in LA, then they held serve at home.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LakerFan4 wrote:
Lakers are 33-1 in 7-game playoff series after winning Game 1, the lone loss coming in 1993 to Sir Charles & Phoenix.

Two things wrong with your sentence. I don't know what the actual record is, but I know this off the top of my head.

-First, Sam Perkins hit a big time three and the Lakers took game 1 in 1991 against the Bulls, only to lose the next 4. Maybe your statement excludes FINALS?

-Secondly, the 1993 series against the Suns where we won the first two games on their court was not a 7 game series. Back then, first rounds were a 5 game series. We were the 8th seed and were about to shock the world. Phoenix wins the next two in LA, then they held serve at home.

I got this stat from Mike Trudell the Lakers reporter.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/196682199913861120
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject:

mrpulla wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:
mrpulla wrote:
Excellent closing by Kobe, that's why he's the 2nd greatest of all time

Whatever.

Do me a favor and stop quoting my posts or talking to me. Thanks. By the way, it's 2012, the 80's are over.

Thats all you got? What a clown. I'll stop talking to you when you stop being a troll.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
LakerFan4 wrote:

I got this stat from Mike Trudell the Lakers reporter.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/196682199913861120

Then the one defeat he's talking about must be the 91 Bulls series. The Phoenix series was a 5 game series.
jcmaggi
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Off Ball Movement

During game one, I saw something being done that I haven't seen with the Lakers in a long time (or ever). When Kobe had the ball on the blocks and was drawing the double teams, instead of standing around (like has usually been the case) the rest of the team ADJUSTED to the double, twice Steve Blake sprinted to the open area and twice was rewarded by Kobe with crisp passes so he could step in to his threes.

Offensively, THIS is going to be the key. Kobe, Pau, and Bynum are ALWAYS going to attract double teams, it's up to the rest of the guys on the floor to find the open space and make themselves available so the person being doubled has an easier pass out of the double team.

Too many times during the regular season I saw Bynum being doubled and everyone else just kind of standing there waiting instead of creating a better passing angle (I'm not completely excusing Bynum, he struggled with doubles, especially early, but he seems to be making the adjustments).

Hopefully, this adjustment is permanent and not just a one game thing.
xiang xue
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: The best and cheapest authentic jerseys you have ever seen!

[SPAM DELETED]
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61
Page 61 of 61
Jump to: