*** Lakers - Vs. - Nuggets *** Game 2 Thread 5/1/12
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: *** Lakers - Vs. - Nuggets *** Game 2 Thread 5/1/12

10:30 PM ET, May 1, 2012
STAPLES Center, Los Angeles, CA

Coverage: TNT

Referee Assignments

Monty McCutchen

Pat Fraher

Tom Washington

Violet Palmer

Points ★ ★ ★ Rebounds ★ ★ ★ Assists ★ ★ ★

DEN Gallinari 19.0 2 with 8.0 Miller 7.0

LAL Bryant 31.0 Bynum 13.0 Gasol 8.0

Line : Los Angeles by 5.5, O/U: 200.0

Let's Go Babyyy !!! ( Dick Vitale Voice )

We all got to see how the Big Man Andrew could be Bynamic ! on Defense and control the paint , Sessions is coming along pretty good and had a nice first playoff Start , Kobe did not start off hot but it was good to see that he could take it easy out there and save energy for more playoff games , I also liked what I got to see from Gasol being aggressive driving in the paint using his jab-step , And Ebanks defense was looking sharp out there and maybe it's time to assume this guy really can be our Ariza , Last but not least a Big shout out to Blake for coming in the game and making those open 3 point shots giving us the early momentum .

Well last game we got a win on a Sunday Afternoon game which is rare to see so I figure that Tuesday night should be an automatic win !!

The Nuggets are just to small for the Lakers point blank and so this should be another easy win . Let's hope we can build more chemistry and Bynum can remain a force on Defense !!!

Gameday Matchup

Denver --- --- --- L.A

W-L 38-28 --- 41-25
Avg Points 104.1 --- 97.3
Avg Points Allowed 101.2 --- 95.9
Home Record 20-13 --- 26-7
Road Record 18-15 --- 15-18
Current Streak W4 --- L1
Last 10 0-1 --- 1-0

Nuggets-Lakers Preview ( Per ESPN ) ( Denver Blue Lakers Bold )

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Denver Nuggets still believe Andrew Bynum and the Lakers play illegal defense all the time.

The Nuggets also realize it's on them to make the 7-foot shot-blocker's job a whole lot tougher, or their playoff stay will be short.

"He's not going to shrink by tomorrow," Arron Afflalo said Monday before the Nuggets' practice.

After getting one-sixth of all their shots blocked in a Game 1 loss, the Nuggets are redoubling their efforts to force their speedy tempo on the Lakers in Game 2 on Tuesday night.

Denver figures it's the only way to prevent Bynum from camping out underneath the basket alongside fellow 7-footer Pau Gasol, who blocked two shots of his own. Yet Bynum also spends enough time parked in the paint to earn several parking violations, according to Denver coach George Karl, who claims Los Angeles played "about 30" illegal defense possessions against the Nuggets' layup-dependent offense.

"Yeah, but we help him a lot, too," said Denver forward Kenneth Faried, who had 10 points and eight rebounds in his NBA playoff debut. "We step inside, and he basically gets 3 clear seconds (in the paint). We just have to get back to what we're used to doing, just getting up and down the floor and enjoying ourselves. ... If we get outside the (paint), Bynum can get caught for 3 seconds, because he does sit there a lot, just posts there like a tree and blocks a lot. He's got to move with us, and that takes him out of the middle."

The Lakers mostly rolled their eyes at the Nuggets' cries over the nebulous rules governing how long a defensive player can stay in the paint. Bynum has patrolled the lane aggressively throughout his first All-Star year, and Kobe Bryant said his 24-year-old teammate has "obviously progressed tremendously defensively from the first part of the season."

When asked about Karl's accusations, Bynum conceals a smile while pointing out how the Nuggets' up-tempo offense allows him to do his job.

"If people cut through the lane, you can touch them and you can stand there the whole time," Bynum said after the Lakers' workout at their training complex in El Segundo. "That's part of the game."

The Lakers are quite familiar with coaches using gamesmanship to get the attention of officials and opponents with sharp public statements in the postseason -- but it was usually former Lakers coach Phil Jackson who was doing the needling and prodding.

With a few days to prepare, new coach Mike Brown put together a game plan that led to a remarkably smooth win in his Los Angeles playoff debut. Karl's gamesmanship elicited a chuckle from Brown, who hasn't played this game much in Cleveland or Los Angeles.

"He's a veteran coach," Brown said. "He's been in the playoffs a long time. He's just got to try to work the officials in different ways, and that's what he's doing. I applaud him for that. ... George is maybe doing the right thing, following Phil Jackson's lead. He's got 11 rings."

The Lakers didn't miss suspended forward Metta World Peace in the opener, but now backup big man Jordan Hill also is apparently in trouble over an assault charge filed in an alleged confrontation with his girlfriend before Hill joined the Lakers in mid-March.

Hill had 10 points and 10 rebounds in Game 1, making a significant contribution for a third straight game with the Lakers. Hill issued a brief statement and vaguely answered a few questions Monday, saying he doesn't expect to miss any practices or games with the Lakers despite a looming court date in Houston on Tuesday.

"I'll be here, but we'll see," Hill said of his ability to play in Game 2.

Even if Hill is unavailable, veterans Josh McRoberts and Troy Murphy could step in to face a Denver lineup that's usually much smaller than the Lakers.

"What pleased me the most is the amount of energy we played with," said Bryant, who scored 31 points. "We were pretty tenacious on the defensive end, very active."

Los Angeles held the Nuggets to 35.6 percent shooting with a dismaying number of missed layups. Leading scorer Ty Lawson didn't make a shot until the fourth quarter, finishing with seven points as no Denver player made more than half of his shots except Jordan Hamilton, who was 1 for 1.

Denver is still confident in its transition game, and the Lakers have struggled against fast-breaking teams all season. They figure the only way to score in the paint against Bynum is to get to the hoop first.

"We have to be more aware when he's in the paint, and we have to try to make the extra passes better," said Danilo Gallinari, who led the Nuggets with 19 points. "We have to move the ball, and shoot before he gets there."

Game Day Conversation ( Blue Is Nuggets fans and Bold is Laker fans )

Quote:
Maybe the refs should bring some marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers so that Bynum can make some smores while he's camped out under the basket all night...

After Karls comments expect a LOT of 3 second calls...or a less "impressive" showing from Andrew when he actually has to fight for position instead of just standing under the basket.

Quote:
Nuggets 165
Lakers 81

Kobe goes 3-24, 0 assists and 17 turnovers

Same prediction you had for game 1. Remind me to never ever go with you to Vegas.

Quote:
Kobe is 676 points from surpassing MJ for 1st on the all time post season scoring list

jordan is 3 titles from surpassing kobe for coattail riding to nba championships

Shaq without Kobe: 1-1 in the NBA finals, 1 ring
Shaq with Kobe: 3-1 in the NBA finals, 3 rings
Pau without Kobe: 0 post season wins
Pau with Kobe: 51 post season wins, 2 rings, 3 finals appearances.

Kobe's averages for his 5 title runs: 27.3 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5 apg

Ride those coattails Kobe.

Quote:
Gotta love George Karl whining about the reffing already...I preferred watching Lakers/Thuggets over this group of pu**ies in Denver.

Quote:
No Barnes (injury), No Artest (insanity), and now no Hill (domestic violence). Weak bench and a starting five that include players who might get ejected, have made racist and homophobic comments, and like to rape people. What's next?! Is Sessions going to turn out to be a pedophile? With the Lakers, I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah..me either

Correction...Barnes did play in game 1...so disregard that part. However, will this team of misfit toys be able to make it to the end of the season without another lawsuit or radical display of childish or criminal behavior? It's says a lot about the fans that support these men. Sure...they are excellent basketball players, but would you want them representing you?

That "weak" bench sure looked good in game 1. Although if my team got OWNED in game 1 I may be trying to talk about something else too. Get your brooms ready.

So you like Jordan Hill? You approve of his actions?

Or rather...do you consider the fact that he "owns" while playing a game somehow allow his actions to be disregarded? If a famous basketball player choked or beat someone you loved, would it be alright as long as they scored 10 points in game 1?

Dude, this is his personal life, stop whining about it

And I only worry about the Jordan Hill that plays Basketball, not the Jordan Hill that does what over 75% of American men does to their wives/girlfriends

In response to the weak bench comment...the Nuggets bench had 43 points, compared with the Lakers bench with 23.

our statistic is unfounded, ridiculous, and grossly exaggerated. Of course, I don't live in Los Angeles. That might be accurate in that cess pool you call a city.

Quote:
Top Sidekicks of All Time

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Barney Rubble
3. Robin
4. Nicole Ritchie
5. Chewbacca

Last edited by Kb24goldenChild on Tue May 01, 2012 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject:

Lakers 102
Nuggets 91

Kobe 28, with 6 boards and 5 dimes.
Pau with 17 11 and 8 (triple double threat at it again)....

Bynum with 18, along with 13 boards, and 4 blocks, plus tons of altered shots due to him...

I look forward to the rest of the guys to continue to contribute as they have. Hill is a guy I am really looking forward to seeing give us energy and some nice stats (like 9 and 9 in 24 minutes) as he has been doing.

Go Lakers....
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Lakers 102
Nuggets 91

Kobe 28, with 6 boards and 5 dimes.
Pau with 17 11 and 8 (triple double threat at it again)....

Bynum with 18, along with 13 boards, and 4 blocks, plus tons of altered shots due to him...

I look forward to the rest of the guys to continue to contribute as they have. Hill is a guy I am really looking forward to seeing give us energy and some nice stats (like 9 and 9 in 24 minutes) as he has been doing.

Go Lakers....

SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject:

Someone had been waiting for this.

Go Lakers! Let win game 2!
yOw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject:

Voting for Kb24goldenChild to start awesome game threads with interesting vids included

Let's go Lakers!

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject:

The game plan is very simple for the Lakers. Contain and control Ty Lawson. Lawson is the engine that makes the Nuggets run.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
The game plan is very simple for the Lakers. Contain and control Ty Lawson. Lawson is the engine that makes the Nuggets run.

He's the "engine that stirs the drink"
Flyingplayer77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject:

It's excite time again.
Mr. Zero
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerGreat24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I've got two extra tickets to this game. My Dad and I are going and my brothers bailed at the last min. Section 112 - Row 13

Call or text me at 541-223-8020 if anyone wants to go!
Vancouver-Lakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject:

I think the Lakers win but it will be a fair bit closer than game one. I expect the mcnuggets to come out with alot of energy while chucking up alot of threes.

Sessions probably gets a double double this game 15 and 10.
IpushButtons
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Why do we have Eastern time for a Lakers game ? I appreciate everyone who makes these nice links. But do they have to be in Celtics time?
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject:

IpushButtons wrote:
Why do we have Eastern time for a Lakers game ? I appreciate everyone who makes these nice links. But do they have to be in Celtics time?

Also the same for most national media outlets regarding team standings in all major sports by listing the Eastern Conference before the Western. I hate scrolling down to find my teams due to the NY/BOS/Phil centric media!
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Step on their throats. No mercy

Fisher being an idiot
kobemania3-16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Just win, I don't care what the score as long as we score more.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Crush them!
jcmaggi
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Finish them
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject:

I expect Denver to run better and score more points in Game 2, but we still have too much size and talent for them to handle.
QujoLakesho
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject:

Keep up the good defense and dominate the paint go lakers
_JuauM__
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject:

I expect a tougher game this time around. Karl will adjust and try to push the tempo against us, but if we play smart again and use our advantages, it will be too much for Denver to overcome. Lakers by 10.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject:

Preview Podcast: http://on.nba.com/JbtEbu @LakersReporter & @KevinDing preview Game 2 & talk about what Bynum's big Game 1 might mean.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject:

Can't drop home games this postseason, must be 100% dominant at home to win title. Lakers need to bring the same effort and energy as last game and this will be an easy win.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject:

We just need to keep to our game plan and not worry about the Thuggets and their mind games.. MB is not the Zen, so Karla can take that role all he wants.. All we need to do is execute
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Head coach Mike Brown on Jordan Hill's availability for tonight: "He's playing." #fb

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/197388591951912960

Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject:

Lakers are taking the Nuggets to Smash Mountain tonight!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 1 of 74
Jump to: