Lakers in the News 9/21/12: Fisher to Return to the Lakers? - Howard not ready to sign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject:

DonMagicWand wrote:
I want Mike Trudell's job

I want Kobe's wife role.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
As for Morris; I'm pulling for him too. I read elsewhere that he chiseled up to a very in-shape 215, I'm not surprised to hear the comments from Trudell today.

Based on summer league and what I've read since, I'll bet he's better in traffic, going to the rim, and running the transition ball. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up with a better jump shot as well, however I will be very surprised if he suddenly starts organizing an offense in the half court.

Then again with Eddie Jordan coming in that might not be as big a liability as it appeared to be in SL.

I'm hoping Morris and Ebanks can be sleepers, under classmen who perhaps came out too early and have refined and worked on their games. I didn't have high hopes for Morris but I have changed my mind simply because he's a gym rat and lives in the gym, dude works hard.
undefeatedAJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Los Angeles Lakers‏@Lakers

Quote:
Had a little East Bay Funk out at practice today courtesy of @KingMe_DJ1 (rookie Darius Johnson-Odom) http://instagr.am/p/P2g4snrO3c/

such a dope image
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject:

This close to the start of camp, it should be all hands on deck. The only guys who have valid reasons not to be there short of injury or family emergency are Kobe, Pau, Dwight and Steve.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject:

HIS HEAD IS NEAR THE RIM

!...
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:
Had a little East Bay Funk out at practice today courtesy of @KingMe_DJ1 (rookie Darius Johnson-Odom) http://instagr.am/p/P2g4snrO3c/

Holy cow! And he's only 6'2". Rider was 6'5".

Out of the three PGs on the bubble, he's the horse I'm pulling for. Not just because of the athleticism. From what I saw of SPL play, he just seemed to understand how to play better than Morris and Glock.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Happy to hear that Morris spent a lot of time working on his game over the summer. Hopefully he can contribute.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject:

So theres only like 3 spots left after the guranteed players. Training camp doesnt really make or break you because most of the time they all get cut regardless ..(see Gerald Green/Michael Gellable). Im guessing those spots will be filled with vetmin contracts. I wonder if Nash and howard have talked yet just to kind of build some chemistry..

Nash|Blake|Duhon|Morris
Kobe|Meeks|Glock
Artest|Ebanks|T-Mac
Gasol|Jamison
Howard|JHill|Sacre
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject:

cmorton59 wrote:
So theres only like 3 spots left after the guranteed players. Training camp doesnt really make or break you because most of the time they all get cut regardless ..(see Gerald Green/Michael Gellable). Im guessing those spots will be filled with vetmin contracts. I wonder if Nash and howard have talked yet just to kind of build some chemistry..

Nash|Blake|Duhon|Morris
Kobe|Meeks|Glock
Artest|Ebanks|T-Mac
Gasol|Jamison
Howard|JHill|Sacre

T-Mac?
lohs123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject:

J Hills half court shot sitting down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jb7Zq4qlS9Q
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Holy cow! And he's only 6'2". Rider was 6'5".

Out of the three PGs on the bubble, he's the horse I'm pulling for. Not just because of the athleticism. From what I saw of SPL play, he just seemed to understand how to play better than Morris and Glock.

You can't really compare him to Morris because DJO is not a, point guard, he's an undersized SG. You can compare him to Glock, who is also an undersized SG.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
and you’ll agree when watching video of the scrimmage.

Where's the video?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject:

lohs123 wrote:

Who is that player right next to Hill on the left?
Captain_Napalm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: LAL Scrimmage Notes: 9/21/12

Quote:
- Steve Blake looked good for the Lakers late last season and in the playoffs, earning many of the crunch time minutes over Ramon Sessions, and earning the trust of his coaches and teammates in the process

What paper did this appear in? The Bizarro Daily Planet?
Captain_Napalm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: LAL Scrimmage Notes: 9/21/12

Quote:
- Metta World Peace is in absolute peak shape. Much was made last season about how MWP came in out of shape and didn’t find himself until halfway through the season due in part to injuries he wasn’t able to treat during the lockout.

Amazing how much crap sportswriters will swallow and regurgitate.

Did poor widdle MWP get injured ON VACATION? Sitting around not playing ball?

And this millionaire was unable to afford sports therapy with his meager paychecks?

Give me a break. He was a lazy irresponsible bum, and he's only getting a pass because he's such a nutcase that nobody expects anything out of him.

He had one good season and the rest has been a joke.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
cmorton59 wrote:

Nash|Blake|Duhon|Morris
Kobe|Meeks|Glock
Artest|Ebanks|T-Mac
Gasol|Jamison
Howard|JHill|Sacre

T-Mac?
and where is Earl Clark ?
SmokeAndAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
lohs123 wrote:

I think it's Lazar Haywood. But why he's wearing Laker colours is beyond me! He's a rival, he belongs to the Thunder
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject:

SmokeAndAshes wrote:
32 wrote:
lohs123 wrote:

I think it's Lazar Haywood. But why he's wearing Laker colours is beyond me! He's a rival, he belongs to the Thunder

Yeah. That looks like him. He is wearing Laker shorts and shirt. lol
SmokeAndAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject:

That DJO dunk was amazing!

I'm really pulling for our young guys (DJO, Morris and Sacre) to develop and impress at training camp. The Lakers need all the cheap, young talent they can get, and I like the attitude and work ethic from each of these guys.

Where is Goudelock, btw? I'm really interested to see the shape he's in. The coaches at Summer League were complaining about his conditioning. Hopefully, he's done enough to fix that.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Chris Duhon sensed Dwight Howard wanted to 'please everybody'

The same deal brought both Dwight Howard and Chris Duhon from the Orlando Magic to the Lakers, yet their arrivals nearly juxtaposed each other.

The Lakers immediately held an introductory news conference for Howard. Duhon didn't have one. The Magic fans feel betrayed by Howard's mixed messages the last year on his playing future. Hardly anyone said anything about Duhon. The Lakers believe Howard's the final piece they need to win a championship and their next franchise player. Duhon's just hoping he can share some minutes with Steve Blake at backup point guard.

Yet, Duhon's probably the most qualified Laker to provide perspective on what led to Howard's acrimonious departure from Orlando.

"It was tough for him and it was wearing on him," Duhon said Friday in a phone interview with The Times. "The thing about Dwight, he's a great guy. He wants to please everybody. He wants everybody to be happy. He doesn't anybody to think negative of him. It was a tough situation. At some time, you have to think about yourself and what you want to do. He had a tough time handling that, but at the end of the day, it wore on him."

Howard gave plenty of mixed messages. He waived his early termination option in March and declared he wanted to stay with Orlando. Howard initially preferred going to the Brooklyn Nets. He admitted in a recent ESPN interview he felt reluctant joining the Lakers partly because it would elicit comparisons to Shaquille O'Neal. Howard's overt effort in trying to orchestrate everything behind the scenes backfired, including Stan Van Gundy's revelation to reporters that Howard had asked the front office to fire him. Distrust escalated so much that Howard earned plenty of skepticism on whether he exaggerated the severity of his back injury that ultimately required surgery.

Duhon said he's consistently told Magic fans that Howard didn't intend for any controversy.

"Now that he's settled and knows what he wants to do, it's a new start for him," Duhon said. "He's a great guy. Nobody should think anything negative of him."

Whether that means Howard will re-sign with the Lakers after next season is unclear. But the Lakers are optimistic that the winning atmosphere and Hollywood spotlight will convince him otherwise.

That's not the only thing worrying Lakers fans though. They also wonder when Howard's back will fully heal and return to the court. The Lakers have already ruled him out of their exhibition opener Oct. 7 against Golden State in Fresno. Howard admitted last month he may miss the season opener Oct. 30 against Dallas and beyond if it's needed to ensure a fully healthy back.

Considering Howard has missed only seven games in his eight-year career before last season's injury, Duhon believes the wait won't last long.

"Can he play today? Yeah," Duhon said. "But he doesn't want this problem to keep reoccurring. He wants to make sure he's 100% healthy and it's not an issue anymore. His resume speaks for itself. He's a guy who goes out and plays every day and takes care of his body. I think it'll be shorter than most people think."

LINK
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Pau Gasol will be in L.A. on Sunday and old friend Steve Nash will be waiting for him to have dinner together. "The signing of Nash made me very happy. He is the most unselfish player in the NBA. I'm excited to play with Steve, he brings a lot to the table. He is the most generous player in the NBA."

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Pau Gasol will be in L.A. on Sunday and old friend Steve Nash will be waiting for him to have dinner together. "The signing of Nash made me very happy. He is the most unselfish player in the NBA. I'm excited to play with Steve, he brings a lot to the table. He is the most generous player in the NBA."

I can't wait to see Nash and Pau on the court together. They both are such smart players, I have a feeling Pau is going to have a huge season with Nash at the controls.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject:

^^^

I think it really could be one of those years where teams are going to have a hard time picking their poison. Leaving anyone open could lead to most anyone leading the team in scoring. Play off of Nash, he could score 20 easily. Leave Kobe with open shots or only 1-1 coverage, 25-30 point nights with a good shooting percentage. Leave Gasol or Howard, picked apart for big nights. Leave Artest open (a very likely option) and he score 15-20 every night.

That and also a much improved bench could mean for some Laker blowouts - the kind we haven't seen for years, where Kobe doesn't play at all in 4th quarters against weak teams, and we still win by 20. Could be a very good 65 win team in the regular season this year.
SmokeAndAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

I can't wait to see Nash and Pau on the court together. They both are such smart players, I have a feeling Pau is going to have a huge season with Nash at the controls.

+1

The best part of adding Nash and Howard...other than adding Nash and Howard ... is imagining how these guys fit with our other players. We already know that Nash-Howard P&R should be deadly, and we know what Kobe and Pau can do in a well-run system offense, but then you can mix Howard and Kobe and have fun with that, and Nash and Pau??? Lovely!!!

So excited for the season to start
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject:

ForrestHump wrote:
what a stupid headline (not you guys, the source)

Howard hasn't said anything negative about LA, he loves the fans and he loves being in L.A,his decision will be based on team chemistry and health (if he's having problems, our FO wouldn't give out the max).

Pass to 32

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: