***LAKERS -vs- KINGS 10/19/12 Pre-Season Game Thread***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: ***LAKERS -vs- KINGS 10/19/12 Pre-Season Game Thread***

10:00 PM ET, October 19, 2012

Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, NV

♠ Points ♠ ♠ Rebounds ♠ ♠ Assists ♠

SAC Cousins 16.0 Cousins 8.0 Salmons 4.0
LAL Bryant 19.0 4 with 4.0 3 with 3.0

Let's Go Baby !!! ( Dick Vitale Voice )

So the preseason games have not looked that great but not that bad at the same time . Kobe Bryant just scored 23 points in 1 quarter which is good to see that he still has it even if it was against a team with not so great players . Steve Nash during this preseason has looked great and just might be our team MVP this year not to mention that we have not got to see that beat D-12 .

Gasol has looked pretty good and also Metta .

Did you Know !!
Jodie Meeks averaged 23.6 points per game during the regular season and 28.3 points per game during the state playoffs in High School Which led to it's school's first Championship in 2006 .

Also In a May 28 story, Meeks stated in reference to his desire to be a first round NBA draft pick, "If I'm not first round, then I'll go back to school."

Streaming Link : http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/147505/1/watch-los-angeles-lakers-vs-sacramento-kings.html

Last edited by Kb24goldenChild on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
BillyGWilliams
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Did you Know !! Jodie Meeks averaged 23.6 points per game during the regular season and 28.3 points per game during the state playoffs in High School Which led to it's school's first Championship in 2006 .
Is THIS why Mike Clown likes him so much?? How irrelevant
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject:

BillyGWilliams wrote:
Did you Know !! Jodie Meeks averaged 23.6 points per game during the regular season and 28.3 points per game during the state playoffs in High School Which led to it's school's first Championship in 2006 .

Well he is the best option to back up Kobe Bryant no ?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Kb24goldenChild wrote:
BillyGWilliams wrote:

Best option to back up Kobe is CDR. Meeks should run back up PG. Making Blake expendable.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Bow to your Blake overlord!

!...
BillyGWilliams
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
BillyGWilliams wrote:

Best option to back up Kobe is CDR. Meeks should run back up PG. Making Blake expendable.

Thanks for answering that with the obvious answer. I'm dumbfounded by those who have given Meeks a Free Pass, when he's shown nothing in the preseason to earn this. Aside from his 3s late in garbage time. Check his shooting percentage & check CDR's stats given 8mins a game.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject:

^^ This will make it easier to get your message across.

12 wrote:

What could Brown have possibly seen as a negative? CDR has recorded 5 PPG and 1 RB in 8 minutes. What more can you ask from a bench guy?

This is the game breakdown:

Vs. GSW - He got 8 minutes off the bench. He scored 7 points, grabbed 1 rebound with no fouls and no turnovers.

Vs. POR - He got 14 minutes off the bench. He scored 7 points, grabbed 1 rebound, had 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block with a TO and a foul.

Vs. UTA - He got 4 minutes off the bench. He scored 2 points, grabbed 1 rebound and 1 steal with no turnovers and no fouls.

Plus, he's THE ONLY guy this pre-season that's shooting 50% from the field and 67% from the 3.

His practices have been going well too. I know this because of Kobe and Dwight talking about his work ethic and his tenacity. If we don't see CDR on the floor during the pre-season, it can only be because he's already on the team. Nothing else makes much sense.
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Bow to your Blake overlord!

And your Ebanks based god
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject:

BillyGWilliams wrote:
12 wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
BillyGWilliams wrote:

Thanks for answering that with the obvious answer. I'm dumbfounded by those who have given Meeks a Free Pass, when he's shown nothing in the preseason to earn this. Aside from his 3s late in garbage time. Check his shooting percentage & check CDR's stats given 8mins a game.

CDR is better with the ball in his hands. When playing with an all bench lineup, CDR is going to bring more value. However, when you have Nash on the floor creating open jumpers, or Pau/Dwight kicking the ball out, I'd much rather have Meeks spacing the floor out there.

Keep in mind that we won't be making wholesale substitutions during the regular season. The only time I expect to see 5 bench players out there at once is during a blowout. Having at least 1-2 starters out there requiring extra attention from the opposing defense makes Meeks a better option.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
^^ This will make it easier to get your message across.

12 wrote:

What could Brown have possibly seen as a negative? CDR has recorded 5 PPG and 1 RB in 8 minutes. What more can you ask from a bench guy?

This is the game breakdown:

Vs. GSW - He got 8 minutes off the bench. He scored 7 points, grabbed 1 rebound with no fouls and no turnovers.

Vs. POR - He got 14 minutes off the bench. He scored 7 points, grabbed 1 rebound, had 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block with a TO and a foul.

Vs. UTA - He got 4 minutes off the bench. He scored 2 points, grabbed 1 rebound and 1 steal with no turnovers and no fouls.

Plus, he's THE ONLY guy this pre-season that's shooting 50% from the field and 67% from the 3.

His practices have been going well too. I know this because of Kobe and Dwight talking about his work ethic and his tenacity. If we don't see CDR on the floor during the pre-season, it can only be because he's already on the team. Nothing else makes much sense.

I think he and Sacre will both make the team, barring some sort of injury or collapse over the last handful of preseason games. Sucks for DJO, since his athleticism is something I would love to see off the bench, but there doesn't appear to be any space for him.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Man teams are starting to get into game condition and playing the starters normal minutes. Hope we get atleast 2 pre-season games with Howard for maybe atleat 20min a piece
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject:

cmorton59 wrote:
Man teams are starting to get into game condition and playing the starters normal minutes. Hope we get atleast 2 pre-season games with Howard for maybe atleat 20min a piece

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Normally, I'd be looking forward to our games, but not when we give huge minutes to horrible camp fodder players. We're going to be subjected to another game with huge minutes from Somogyi and/or Aguilar. And I'm tired of not seeing DJO/CDR. Good grief.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
BillyGWilliams wrote:
12 wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
BillyGWilliams wrote:

CDR is better with the ball in his hands. When playing with an all bench lineup, CDR is going to bring more value. However, when you have Nash on the floor creating open jumpers, or Pau/Dwight kicking the ball out, I'd much rather have Meeks spacing the floor out there.

Keep in mind that we won't be making wholesale substitutions during the regular season. The only time I expect to see 5 bench players out there at once is during a blowout. Having at least 1-2 starters out there requiring extra attention from the opposing defense makes Meeks a better option.

this^,if you dont think like this...u should
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject:

The team is in Vegas and MWP just tweeted that his teammates are awesome. I wonder what they're doing
All Net
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject:

I know it's just pre season but its time we started showing why we are that much better than these type of teams.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject:

On sunday i want to see ..

Nash- 20min
Kobe-30min
Artest-30min
Gasol-20min
Howard-20min

Blake-28min
Meeks-18min
CDR-18min
Jamison-18min
Sacre-28min

Ebanks-DNP-CD
Duhon-DNP-CD
Morris-DNP-CD
Clark-DNP-Groin
Hill-DNP-Back
BillyGWilliams
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject:

Sure it sounds good to say Meeks is a "floor spacer" but lets not forget just how inconsistent his shooting IS. We see this in the preseason but tend to ignore it. We make excuses like "when he plays with the starters". He played with starters and shot 1-7. He's a 1 trick pony. What happens when he's clanking shots off the rim? CDR proves valuable for being able to attack the basket and his shot is much improved from 3.
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject:

this on directv?
Marty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject:

Must win!
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject:

PWiddy wrote:
this on directv?

Naw strictly TWC or sh*t streams
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject:

I hope we lose!!!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
The team is in Vegas and MWP just tweeted that his teammates are awesome. I wonder what they're doing

George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:

Orgy?

They must be playing poker or videogames or something.

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
gorila
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject:

This game is against the god awful Kings and can only be seen through the (bleep) streams? Please season come fast! or unless some of you can fill me in on the Kings reemergence as a threat once more.. this has no play value, especially if Brown plays those god awful players
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38
Jump to: