BennyLava wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Bigs for today:

Dwight 4 rebounds

Griffin 11 rebounds
Jordan 13 rebounds
Gasol 13 rebounds

And yet everyone seems to be (bleep) about Pau. Crazy.

points for bigs

Dwight 25

Pau 12
Jordan 4
Griffin 17

Most of Dwight's points were created for him by Pau and Kobe. Pau with 7 assists, flirting with a triple double on better than 50 percent from the field.

Could one argue most of Pau's rebounds came from the attention Dwight got in terms of boxing out?? oh the horror of logical arguments!!!

Bottom line, the team sucked today. No one had a game that we could say that guy won the game for us. They all get paid enough I am sure.

I thought you were going to blame Pau if the team lost?

In hindsight what I wanted to say is I would want to have Pau be the reason we won. I really wanted him to have that season game where he carried us over the hump.

It just feels like Pau is the difference at this point in whether we win or lose. Pau has played well of late, but I want that superstar Pau that takes the game by the scruff of the neck and wins it.

You know, that Spain, Olympics finals Pau aka the reason we kept him.
lakers_lust
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject:

I still think Utah has the harder path to the playoffs then us. Three road games while we have one road game left, and we have the better players. I just hope utah still pulls it off starting tonight at GSW for peace of mind
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

jim93 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Bigs for today:

Dwight 4 rebounds

Griffin 11 rebounds
Jordan 13 rebounds
Gasol 13 rebounds

points for bigs

Dwight 25

Pau 12
Jordan 4
Griffin 17

Youre cherry picking stats to bolster your case

Where are the Kobe calls

Pot meet kettle
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

rpadma12 wrote:
other than for pride reasons and not wanting to miss the playoffs, there really isn't much to look forward to in the playoffs..

The Black Mamba?
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
I'm going to love hearing what Worthy has to say

Worthy: "4 rebounds by Howard is just not going to get it done"

But he had 25 points!!!!!!!

Sounds like you love Pau and hate dwight. What a surprise. Lots of one dimensional fans here, who like one over another laker.

I hope this team gets blown up so that we can start liking the team over the player vs player scenario this season.

Yes, that includes Pau and Dwight. Both, not one, both need to go.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Clippers are simply a better team. They're deeper, versatile, quicker and much more athletic. They really are a matchup problem for us. Period.
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject:

swept and margin of victory 14pts/gm. pathetic.
1eyed_jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Before the game I said all I want to see is heart out of the team today. Unfortunately other than one or two players it was completely lacking
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject:

lakers_lust wrote:
I still think Utah has the harder path to the playoffs then us. Three road games while we have one road game left, and we have the better players. I just hope utah still pulls it off starting tonight at GSW for peace of mind
Sure if you call having two games against the wolves hard .
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Bigs for today:

Dwight 4 rebounds

Griffin 11 rebounds
Jordan 13 rebounds
Gasol 13 rebounds

points for bigs

Dwight 25

Pau 12
Jordan 4
Griffin 17

Most of Dwight's points were created for him by Pau and Kobe. Pau with 7 assists, flirting with a triple double on better than 50 percent from the field.

Could one argue most of Pau's rebounds came from the attention Dwight got in terms of boxing out?? oh the horror of logical arguments!!!

Bottom line, the team sucked today. No one had a game that we could say that guy won the game for us. They all get paid enough I am sure.

Uhhhhh, boxing out is generally done by defensive teams to prevent offensive rebounds. It's a stupid strategy to assign multiple players to box out one guy on offense, because it then you have no defensive balance. Its also almost impossible to do, since defensive players usually have inside position, unless theyve suffered a breakdown somewhere. What game were you watching where multiple guys boxed out Dwight Howard on defensive boards?

Last edited by mhan00 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr Dunkingstein
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject:

BigE32 wrote:
Clippers are simply a better team. They're deeper, versatile, quicker and much more athletic. They really are a matchup problem for us. Period.

And they have the "Ginger Mamba"
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject:

bluestorm1990 wrote:
lakers_lust wrote:
Sure if you call having two games against the wolves hard .

and Utah last game is against Memphis who might rest there starters could be three easy win for Utah
hisairness#8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject:

BigE32 wrote:

They are a team full of former lakers
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
I'm going to love hearing what Worthy has to say

Worthy: "4 rebounds by Howard is just not going to get it done"

But he had 25 points!!!!!!!

Sounds like you love Pau and hate dwight. What a surprise. Lots of one dimensional fans here, who like one over another laker.

I hope this team gets blown up so that we can start liking the team over the player vs player scenario this season.

Yes, that includes Pau and Dwight. Both, not one, both need to go.

You're wrong, but what can I expect? A lof of people here like to assume just like you. If you couldn't tell my response to ForumBlueFrank was mocking you. I want Dwight to play well, he's our anchor on D. I love that he was able to knock down his FTs today but his rebounding was lame. Now could that be because he was getting his shoulder yanked? Quite possibly. I want and Pau to both stay on this team, however that is out of my hands.

Pau Gasol is nice
Dr Dunkingstein
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject:

http://i.minus.com/iyRMcvx71aU6P.gif

Lakers fans right now.

Last edited by Dr Dunkingstein on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoMoreFisher
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, let's just accept it. The Clippers are a better team than us right now. Hope Utah loses tonight.
Thisismyusername
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject:

What the hell is wrong with Dwight Howard, he was out there looking disinterested..... Did Pau yelling at hit hurt him a little?
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Bigs for today:

Dwight 4 rebounds

Griffin 11 rebounds
Jordan 13 rebounds
Gasol 13 rebounds

points for bigs

Dwight 25

Pau 12
Jordan 4
Griffin 17

Uhhhhh, boxing out is generally done by defensive teams to prevent offensive rebounds. It's a stupid strategy to assign multiple players to box out one guy on offense, because it then you have no defensive balance. Its also almost impossible to do, since defensive players usually have inside position, unless theyve suffered a breakdown somewhere. What game were you watching where multiple guys boxed out Dwight Howard on defensive boards?

So one way to look at it, is that Dwight didn't get enough rebounds and we lost. Goes to show how important it is that Dwight get rebounds, and how poor we are as a team at getting rebounds without him, so much so that we lose without it. So no amount of Pau, Clark is enough to cover for the said Dwight.

Someone said it best, shows where Metta has some decent value in being on the team.
Elcoyote
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Earl only guy who attempted to play d
southballer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject:

James the hater worthy still believes kobe should have passed the ball more. With hater analysts like this who needs espn and tnt.

Dwight had 4 rebounds but they will not call the big baby out because nhe will pout
Elcoyote
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject:

southballer wrote:
James the hater worthy still believes kobe should have passed the ball more. With hater analysts like this who needs espn and tnt.

Dwight had 4 rebounds but they will not call the big baby out because nhe will pout
ehh he neglected everyone in 2nd half, but the issue was his d he stunk
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Bigs for today:

Dwight 4 rebounds

Griffin 11 rebounds
Jordan 13 rebounds
Gasol 13 rebounds

points for bigs

Dwight 25

Pau 12
Jordan 4
Griffin 17

So one way to look at it, is that Dwight didn't get enough rebounds and we lost. Goes to show how important it is that Dwight get rebounds, and how poor we are as a team at getting rebounds without him, so much so that we lose without it. So no amount of Pau, Clark is enough to cover for the said Dwight.

Someone said it best, shows where Metta has some decent value in being on the team.

While i agree Dwight is important, its not about him not getting rebounds that made us lose, it was securing the rebounds. The whole team gave up too many offensive and defensive rebounds. The 2nd chance points cost us this game...But lets move on, this one is over...
southballer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Elcoyote wrote:
southballer wrote:

ehh he neglected everyone in 2nd half, but the issue was his d he stunk

Who neglected who? The team was down by double digits. Kobe had ine missed play which resulted in a 3 but l saw dwight having zero effort on rebounds. The guards had more rebounds than dwight. That is why they lost. The defense was good but they was no dwight to rebound
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject:

BigE32 wrote:

They're also healthier and way more comfortable with their system and each other after playing together under the same coach for a couple of seasons.
Dr Dunkingstein
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Chick-N-Stew wrote:
BigE32 wrote:

They're also healthier and way more comfortable with their system and each other after playing together under the same coach for a couple of seasons.

Not much healthier. We've had guys going out all year long, just like you. CP3 was out 13 straight games for example. Billups and Hill have been out all year pretty much.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 79 of 81
Jump to: