+++ LAKERS -at- BLAZERS 4/10/13 GAME THREAD +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject:

yeah they might not have three of their starters and yet im even more worried now
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject:

well this is the season. of course it has to be at a place where we couldn't even win during championship years
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject:

SilverBullet wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
SilverBullet wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
breggie31 wrote:
Blazers likely lineup for tonights game:

Lillard, Eric Maynor, Meyers Leonard, Barton and Babbit

4 rookies. If we dont win this one we dont deserve to be in the playoffs. I worry about the young legs in a back to back but I am counting on inexperience to do the blazers in.

Even Aldridge is sitting out? Lakers definitely have a lot of luck on their side.

Aldridge is not out... Where's that info coming from?

That's why i listed him in starters. He was a starters in blazers previous game too. Don't know why he won't be in this game.

I just looked up to see where this is coming from and He has an illness and is listed as probable according to rotoworld.

I think they forgot to update it. My source didn't say anything about that..But we'll know tonight.

But if he's not playing, then that's good!

USA TODAY has Aldridge playing. I hope he's not. We need to put some distance between us and Utah.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject:

^Thanks. You're right, he's not on the list.

USA Today wrote:
Portland Trail Blazers
Player Injury Status/Updated Notes
J.J. Hickson C Lower Body Ques Wed - 4/9/13 Hickson is questionable for Wednesday's game against the Lakers with a lower back injury.
Wesley Matthews G Ankle Doub Wed - 4/9/13 Matthews left Sunday's game against the Mavericks after suffering an ankle injury and is not expected to play Wednesday against the Lakers.
Nicolas Batum F Shoulder Out Wed - 4/10/13 Batum is dealing with a right shoulder injury but returned to practice Tuesday. He will not play Wednesday against the Lakers, but could be nearing a return.
Aleksandar Pavlovic G Quadricep Out indefinitely - 3/30/13 Pavlovic has been out indefinitely since February 22nd due to a right quad contusion. There is no timetable for his return.
Elliot Williams G Achilles Out indefinitely - 3/18/13 Williams underwent surgery to repair his Achilles tendon. He is out indefinitely.

Last edited by K2 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@ArashMarkazi: Phil's latest tweet basically says if they play my style and believe in it they can still win.

K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject:

^In reference to Phil's tweet in case anyone missed it...

@PhilJackson11 wrote:
@paugasol@metta@kobe all proved why they still have believe. Ronnie brought the fire/Pau posted and wanted the ball/Kobe got mamba-ish.

Last edited by K2 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SilverBullet wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
SilverBullet wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
breggie31 wrote:

4 rookies. If we dont win this one we dont deserve to be in the playoffs. I worry about the young legs in a back to back but I am counting on inexperience to do the blazers in.

Even Aldridge is sitting out? Lakers definitely have a lot of luck on their side.

That's why i listed him in starters. He was a starters in blazers previous game too. Don't know why he won't be in this game.

I just looked up to see where this is coming from and He has an illness and is listed as probable according to rotoworld.

I think they forgot to update it. My source didn't say anything about that..But we'll know tonight.

USA TODAY has Aldridge playing. I hope he's not. We need to put some distance between us and Utah.

I know, but the news that Alridge is sick is right. He's listed as probable.

Quote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 14m
Blazers say Nic Batum and Wes Matthews are out. LaMarcus Aldridge (sick) is probable, and JJ Hickson (back) is a game-time decision.

K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject:

Hickson and LaMarcus will probably both miraculously feel better and play
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject:

They won't be 100% tho. Sickness could bother Aldridge. And J.J. might play extremely careful because of his recent back injury. I'm pretty sure he won't want to injure it further.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject:

Wes and Batum are out.

Aldridge is probable...

Would really be good if Hickson took the game off (he's a game-time decision). He has really been a thorn in our back this year - His hustle/rebounding have killed us when we played them.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject:

SilverBullet wrote:
Quote:
@ArashMarkazi: Phil's latest tweet basically says if they play my style and believe in it they can still win.

How's this team any different from the year we got swept by Peja Stojakavich and the Mavs?
props
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject:

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 28m
Blazers say Nic Batum and Wes Matthews are out. LaMarcus Aldridge (sick) is probable, and JJ Hickson (back) is a game-time decision.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject:

KobeMania wrote:
SilverBullet wrote:
Quote:

How's this team any different from the year we got swept by Peja Stojakavich and the Mavs?

Heard that Kobe fixed his knee, then they added a HoF point guard, HoF center (DPOY) and got rid of the so-called "worst starting point guard" in the league. Back in August this team was going 73-9 if the threads were to be believed.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
KobeMania wrote:
SilverBullet wrote:
Quote:

Heard that Kobe fixed his knee, then they added a HoF point guard, HoF center (DPOY) and got rid of the so-called "worst starting point guard" in the league. Back in August this team was going 73-9 if the threads were to be believed.

HOF PG that will be 40 next year and is already broken down and because of injuries, has played half of the season, and will be even slower and older next year? Going from Bynum to D12 will make a little difference but not a earth-shattering difference
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Cannot, cannot, cannot let the pace speed up. They'll be all young legs and athleticism, letting them break out in transition for easy scores will boost their confidence. Make them prove they can hit shots in the half court, which means slowing the pace and pounding them inside with either Kobe, Pau, or Dwight. Can't just settle for the three unless its on a kick out, and must always maintain defensive balance.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject:

SilverBullet wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SilverBullet wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
SilverBullet wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
breggie31 wrote:

I know, but the news that Alridge is sick is right. He's listed as probable.

Quote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 14m

I hope Trudell's right. We need as much help as we can get to get into the playoffs. After that, let the cards fall where they may.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject:

This is not denver nuggets who have like what 4-5 losses at home . Portland not even that great of home team if lakers are serious about making the playoff they go out hard to win this no excuses.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Portland has lost 8 straight games..if there is ANY game that the Lakers should win easily its this game..even a tired Laker team can beat the Blazers
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject:

^No way - the Laker games in the Rose Garden are the entire home season on that Blazer team and it's fan base. They could lose 20 straight, be missing all starters and STILL manage to give the Lakers a very tough game in that place.

It'll hurt them not to have Batum out there, he's the smirky one who killed us last time in the Rose Garden, but Damian Lillard is dangerous.

If there's ANY game I'm worried about, it's a Rose Garden game.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject:

I am so excited for this game.
props
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
^No way - the Laker games in the Rose Garden are the entire home season on that Blazer team and it's fan base. They could lose 20 straight, be missing all starters and STILL manage to give the Lakers a very tough game in that place.

It'll hurt them not to have Batum out there, he's the smirky one who killed us last time in the Rose Garden, but Damian Lillard is dangerous.

If there's ANY game I'm worried about, it's a Rose Garden game.
Yup agree.The officiating and the crowd crying foul every play as well.The Blazers play us at their building like the trophy is on the line every time.They would like nothing better than to be a piece that takes the lakers out the playoffs.

Last edited by props on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Mike Rice Sr is the Blazer TV annalist. I hope Kobe and the Lakers destroy them tonight.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Cannot, cannot, cannot let the pace speed up. They'll be all young legs and athleticism, letting them break out in transition for easy scores will boost their confidence. Make them prove they can hit shots in the half court, which means slowing the pace and pounding them inside with either Kobe, Pau, or Dwight. Can't just settle for the three unless its on a kick out, and must always maintain defensive balance.

I agree with this. I just find it amusing because it should be the game plan almost every game.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

They also have to deal with the initial emotional storm from the Trailblazers and thier fans. If the Lakers can keep pace with them all game a make a push at the end, we'll be good.

Of course, blowing out the Blazers would be welcome, but let's get greedy.

!...
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina
Last time the Lakers were in Portland, Mike Brown pleaded everyone should be patient with the Princeton offense. He was fired 3 games later

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 3 of 106
Jump to: