lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

She said it because of his user name.

That plus the fact that he was egging me on for half the game thread with immature comments

I know. *sister hug*

Pau Gasol is nice
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Spurs vs D League team smh
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
SilverBullet wrote:
32 wrote:
Pau gets his 3rd triple double in the last 6 games -- 11 pts, 13 reb, 10 ast. It's all his fault!

OMG, we're going to beat the Spurs thanks to his awesome games!

I don't think that's what 32 was saying. Are you sure you comprehend his comment correctly?

I would have preferred 25 10 6, changes the entire dynamic of the game then. Then maybe we dont get blown out by 30 at home. Their "bigs" hardly broke a sweat guarding Pau tonight.

Of course you would have preferred that, I'm not surprised seeing as I've read some of your other comments that you've made tonight. According to Kevin Ding D'antoni said "We've gotta go through Pau. He's going to be the playmaker." Well that's what he was.

Im down on him for sure. You can call me biased if you like, i wont argue that either. Lets call it MDA's fault, it was a bad strategy. I dont mind him playmaking, i know what hes capable of. My point is, we dont need him to be Nash at the high post. We need him to PUNISH guys like Bonner/Splitter/Blair int he post. If hes scoring on those guys, they will be forced to double, then the assists will come naturally.

With a rag tag group with ZERO experience playing together, you keep it simple. Play inside out with your best postup player. Then all the guards will have energy to guard the Parkers, the Ginobilis, the Neals.

Lets not forget, he also played ZERO defense. Honorable mention for rebounding. How many layups did he give up? Old man Duncan was running circles around him. Whens the last time you saw an alley oop to Tim Duncan? Tim Duncan looked like Reggie Miller out there tonight with LONG pau guarding him. Couldnt even defend the shot because 38 yo Duncan can beat him off the dribble.

Pau needs to score for this team to win. When option #1 goes down, option #2 moves up. He doesnt start passing the ball around to a bunch of guys whove never been to the top of that mountain.

He's not the #2 option, hasn't been in several seasons.

So of the players we had available tonight, you think not making Pau the #1 option on offense was a good idea?

Its a trick question, because we just watched the result.

Well liked said before, he was our primary play-maker which was clear whenever the circus came to town offensively when he sat. Pau had to create almost all if not all of his own shot because he doesn't have anyone facilitating for him. On the other side of the floor his D was ineffective, but no one - incl Dwight - was effective on TimD.

Ppl are just achizophrenic on Pau and it's tired. He ISNT the #2 option anymore, in fact he was thrown under the bus and benched by his own coach - a move most of the folks here complaining about Pau the most agreed with - in favor of a talented but flash in the pan role player some heralded as a newly mined superstar. On the one hand he's "done", but on the other if he doesn't save the Internet everything is his fault. Folks just talk Out the side of their necks about Pau and its tired and tiresome to have to constantly read. (sorry, Siri did me an accuracy number, I see...)

Last edited by TDRock on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
TDRock wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
SilverBullet wrote:
32 wrote:
Pau gets his 3rd triple double in the last 6 games -- 11 pts, 13 reb, 10 ast. It's all his fault!

OMG, we're going to beat the Spurs thanks to his awesome games!

I don't think that's what 32 was saying. Are you sure you comprehend his comment correctly?

I would have preferred 25 10 6, changes the entire dynamic of the game then. Then maybe we dont get blown out by 30 at home. Their "bigs" hardly broke a sweat guarding Pau tonight.

Of course you would have preferred that, I'm not surprised seeing as I've read some of your other comments that you've made tonight. According to Kevin Ding D'antoni said "We've gotta go through Pau. He's going to be the playmaker." Well that's what he was.

Im down on him for sure. You can call me biased if you like, i wont argue that either. Lets call it MDA's fault, it was a bad strategy. I dont mind him playmaking, i know what hes capable of. My point is, we dont need him to be Nash at the high post. We need him to PUNISH guys like Bonner/Splitter/Blair int he post. If hes scoring on those guys, they will be forced to double, then the assists will come naturally.

With a rag tag group with ZERO experience playing together, you keep it simple. Play inside out with your best postup player. Then all the guards will have energy to guard the Parkers, the Ginobilis, the Neals.

Lets not forget, he also played ZERO defense. Honorable mention for rebounding. How many layups did he give up? Old man Duncan was running circles around him. Whens the last time you saw an alley oop to Tim Duncan? Tim Duncan looked like Reggie Miller out there tonight with LONG pau guarding him. Couldnt even defend the shot because 38 yo Duncan can beat him off the dribble.

Pau needs to score for this team to win. When option #1 goes down, option #2 moves up. He doesnt start passing the ball around to a bunch of guys whove never been to the top of that mountain.

He's not the #2 option, hasn't been in several seasons.

This.

Not only did the comment not address anything i said, its largely irrelevant anyway. Hes the best offensive player we have. Glock was great tonight shooting wise, but he still worked hard to get 20. Pau can get 20 with his eyes closed.

If option 1-4 go down...what does #5 become. The fact thats all you picked out of my statement speaks volumes i guess.

Oh well. Go Lakers in game 4. Lets get this over with.

Pssssssssst <<<click

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
warriorguard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Pau sounds really defeated
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject:

warriorguard wrote:

I think you're reading too much into it

Pau Gasol is nice
wtg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject:

No one ever steps up from the bench. That has been our problem all season. We get production from guys starting, and the guys who need to step up don't. I can't even blame MWP for playing poorly. The guy have a legit excuse this time.
Phil got production out of Luke Walton....LUKE (bleep) WALTON.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Pssssssssst <<<click

People always want to argue over something. It makes them feel important!

Pau Gasol is nice
warriorguard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
warriorguard wrote:

I think you're reading too much into it

Probably
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject:

warriorguard wrote:
warriorguard wrote:

Probably

He looks defeated tho. Saw that last shot of him sitting face down on the bench?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Dwight's not smiling, good sign

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject:

VICK THE BRICK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject:

ANYBODY GOT SOME BETTER QUESTIONS

lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject:

SilverBullet wrote:
warriorguard wrote:
warriorguard wrote:

Probably

He looks defeated tho. Saw that last shot of him sitting face down on the bench?

This is called projection

Pau Gasol is nice
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dwight's not smiling, good sign

Good. He should remember this beating and come back with serious vengeance next year...I want him to be NBA's least liked player next year
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Jamison, we didn't make any adjustments. Is that because of coaching?

mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject:

San Antonio is a really well coached team.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan

Kobe whisked away from Lakers locker room via golf cart, stops only to trash-talk Tracy McGrady. It was about old times, not tonight's game.

Pau Gasol is nice
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject:

mj32 wrote:
San Antonio is a really well coached team.

Pop is now 15-4 vs D'Antoni. 3-0 in playoff series, almost 4-0.

Even Jeffrey Osbourne's presence at this one couldn't help the team's fortunes, he is usually very good luck.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject:

FBP Si 2000 wrote:
Did the crowd just chant "WE WANT PHIL"

Yes, it didn't last long enough, think they went to a time out. D'Antoni's had to hear this from coast-to-coast now a few times.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Dwight (bleep) the rockets (bleep) david stern... NEW SEASON NUKA!!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64
Page 64 of 64
Jump to: