Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
[quote="dood23]You're not watching him be the best finisher we have on the PNR? D'Antoni just said so. Trudell echoed him.

And "zero" post game. Don't know where you're getting this either. Hill has shown some good quick spin moves in the post as well as good touch.

Main problem is that teams haven't been giving us that pick and roll for Hill on the road. They've been shutting down the passing lanes and putting bodies in Hill's way on his roll, so naturally his scoring efficiency dropped.

This is where Nash usually pulls up and shoots to punish them for overplaying the roll man. Wish our PGs could do that.[/quote]

As great as Blake has been, his midrange game is pitiful. Pitiful. The great pick and roll runners like Nash and Stockton had a twenty foot layup. Blake lacks that, even though he has been an awesome shooter from three.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Why do Lakers perennially ALWAYS seem to struggle (or be dominated) against scrub players (teletubby-tovic) or teams (Netics)....???? So frustrating.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject:

P.S J Hill needs more minutes. MDA says he's 'tired' because he missed a few shots, Puh-Lease!? I think it was more that MDA got a boner for his boy S. Williams who (to his credit) grabbed some boards and played some D
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
P.S J Hill needs more minutes. MDA says he's 'tired' because he missed a few shots, Puh-Lease!? I think it was more that MDA got a boner for his boy S. Williams who (to his credit) grabbed some boards and played some D

Williams was awful. He tried hard, but he gave up a couple and ones and his bricks and losing that telelic guy multiple times for threes killed us. To emphasize how bad he was, the Nets were attacking him on defense, not Pau.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Hard to believe Williams got more minutes than Hill.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Here's the funny thing... Hill couldn't finish over the Nets' bigs who were crowding the paint. So D'Antoni put Williams in to stretch the floor.

So you could say... he made an adjustment.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
Here's the funny thing... Hill couldn't finish over the Nets' bigs who were crowding the paint. So D'Antoni put Williams in to stretch the floor.

A poor one. Hill is a beast on the offensive boards and can at least put a body on big men. Williams is just over matched and has zero offensive game.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
dood23 wrote:

A poor one. Hill is a beast on the offensive boards and can at least put a body on big men. Williams is just over matched and has zero offensive game.

Hill does look tired out there recently. Doesn't have the same spark he had a few weeks ago. He isn't getting those offensive boards he was before. Understandable. Williams did a great job, not like Hill is some defensive juggernaut. In actuality, he's weak defensively.

Let the D'antoni hate go, and watch what has been happening.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I have, he is taking out hot players and cooling them off at the worst time. He almost let us give up a 27 point lead to a 4-11 team without a lot of their good players.

Williams was AWFUL tonight, period. Don't know what game you were watching.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
dood23 wrote:

Hill does look tired out there recently. Doesn't have the same spark he had a few weeks ago. He isn't getting those offensive boards he was before. Understandable. Williams did a great job, not like Hill is some defensive juggernaut. In actuality, he's weak defensively.

Let the D'antoni hate go, and watch what has been happening.

I dunno, 12 boards (4 Off I think) in like 21 minutes. Dude cant be THAT tired? LOL
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject:

4 offensive boards in 21 minutes, not getting those offensive boards he was before...uhhhh
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
I dunno, 12 boards (4 Off I think) in like 21 minutes. Dude cant be THAT tired? LOL

There's no evidence that he is
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject:

we won without Kobe again who cares !!! with him at least 11-5
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject:

He missed some easy shots tonight and got hacked quite a bit with no call. I don't think he played great tonight, but he really should have been out there in the 4th quarter over Williams.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Kaman was available tonight. I guess he is in the dog house now.
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
4 offensive boards in 21 minutes, not getting those offensive boards he was before...uhhhh

Because Gasol wasn't under the basket helping. Hill was going up against 2 to 3 Net players for rebounds. Gasol hangs out on the perimeter, wont stay on the block.

Last edited by theunknownsoldier on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

He was? And he didn't play? Sacre got time over him!? Yeah, he's in the dog house then.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
32 wrote:

He was? And he didn't play? Sacre got time over him!? Yeah, he's in the dog house then.

Yes. He was available to play tonight. If this continues I am wondering if the Lakers might try to trade him by the deadline. $3.2M Expiring.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Kaman had a couple of bad games, but he was pretty effective in the beginning. Can't see why we wouldn't use him at all just because of a couple of stinkers. Not like others haven't been guilty of the same thing. Maybe MDA thought he was still hurting a but and wanted to wait a game or two more?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Kaman had a couple of bad games, but he was pretty effective in the beginning. Can't see why we wouldn't use him at all just because of a couple of stinkers. Not like others haven't been guilty of the same thing. Maybe MDA thought he was still hurting a but and wanted to wait a game or two more?

That could be it. He has had a sore back and missed the previous three games so maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
sandeezy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject:

QFTOS ?
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

That could be it. He has had a sore back and missed the previous three games so maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

You should look at Dave McMenamin's article. I'll post some quotes for you but the entire article is well worth the read.

Quote:
Before Kaman received his fourth straight DNP in Wednesday's 99-94 win over the Brooklyn Nets, the Lakers' center said not only was he over the back injury he recently suffered in practice, he was cleared to play in the Lakers' 116-111 loss to the Washington Wizards on Tuesday but D'Antoni did not call his number.

"I was actually good last game, I just couldn't get in there, I guess," Kaman said. "I don't know. I'm ready to go."

Quote:
Kaman was sure to not peg himself against any of his teammates who are playing ahead of him.

"I'm not trying to steal nobody's minutes," Kaman said. "That's not my thing. I can't conscientiously go to Coach and say, 'Oh, I deserve to play over someone else or someone else.' I can't do that because Jordan has been playing really well and Pau has actually picked up his game his last 3-4 games. I'm just looking for opportunities. If it comes, it comes. If it doesn't, it doesn't. I can't control that kind of stuff."

Pau Gasol is nice
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
Even with the ugly win, I am very proud of this team!!!! Happy thanksgiving to all my Laker breathen!!!!!!!

Wait I thought you were a girl?

Lol, I am a woman, NOT a girl. But you are my brothers in arm, hence Laker brethens lol

I'm just going to assume you're Stana Katic. Thank you for making my Mondays better because you're on Castle.

Ha, you a Castle fan too? Love the show.. Stana says Hey lol
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
Even with the ugly win, I am very proud of this team!!!! Happy thanksgiving to all my Laker breathen!!!!!!!

Wait I thought you were a girl?

Lol, I am a woman, NOT a girl. But you are my brothers in arm, hence Laker brethens lol

I'm just going to assume you're Stana Katic. Thank you for making my Mondays better because you're on Castle.

Ha, you a Castle fan too? Love the show.. Stana says Hey lol

count me in as another Castle fan .
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject:

Kaman should certainly be getting Williams minutes, Kaman is an actual NBA player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 62 of 63
Jump to: