Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan22 wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
TANK YOU FAVORS

Are you serious?
Dude's been hoping the Lakers lose this entire game.
Yeah lets keep winning for that lower pick.
lol. They'd rather have a low lotto pick than a high lotto pick just so this team of nobodies can win a couple extra games. Something tells me they'll feel better when there's a fresh young superstar to take the torch from Kobe. D;Antoni/Meeks/Xavier/Farmar/Blake and the rest of the journeymen rejects can all go F themselves.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
Well that sucked.....why the hell did Sacre help and leave Favors alone near the basket??

I like Sac but at the end of game why wasn't Kaman in?

His ankle turned into jelly on that play where Meeks ended up hitting the 3. he stayed in for a bit after but knowing Kaman, he may be out for a while with a sprained ankle.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
Well that sucked.....why the hell did Sacre help and leave Favors alone near the basket??

I like Sac but at the end of game why wasn't Kaman in?

His ankle turned into jelly on that play where Meeks ended up hitting the 3. he stayed in for a bit after but knowing Kaman, he may be out for a while with a sprained ankle.

yup.
Sleepy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
TANK YOU FAVORS

Are you serious?
What a winning attitude! Let's root to lose! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pathetic.

I don't think its pathetic. Dude just cares more about things long-term. Would you rather finish the season with 40 wins and missing the playoffs or 20 wins and drafting Jabari Parker? This upcoming draft is without a doubt the best since Lebron James was drafted. Missing out when we have no franchise player is a huge blow. You NEED talent to win Championships, lakers have ZERO talent. It sucks to be the worst team in the league, but we're still the most successful franchise in the NBA.

Cheer up and have patience for July.
I don't need cheering up, but thanks. I'm a fan of sportsmanship and effort. To me, losing on purpose, or rooting for "your" team to lose on purpose, is a weakness and lack of character. People like that are quitters in life.

Your long-term hopes and plans guarantee nothing. Live in the now, play in the now. People pay good money to watch these games. Who wants to watch a bunch of quitters, other than other quitters rooting for their team to lose?

No thanks. I'll find other things to do.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

chrisca91 wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
TANK YOU FAVORS

Are you serious?
What a winning attitude! Let's root to lose! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pathetic.

I don't think its pathetic. Dude just cares more about things long-term. Would you rather finish the season with 40 wins and missing the playoffs or 20 wins and drafting Jabari Parker? This upcoming draft is without a doubt the best since Lebron James was drafted. Missing out when we have no franchise player is a huge blow. You NEED talent to win Championships, lakers have ZERO talent. It sucks to be the worst team in the league at the moment, but we're still the most successful franchise in the NBA.

Cheer up and have patience for July.

Yeah, this teamh as little to no talent. Thats why we see things breaking down in the game all the time or stupid mistakes. There is a reason for that, The talent is pretty bad.

Once this team gets 10-15 games under, you will see alot of changes around this forum. It will be to a place its never been. Should be interesting.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

I didn't realize we lost 4 in a row. Holy fudge.

!...
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Yeah lets tank so we can get a lottery pick and maybe get a Wesley Johnson, or X. Henry.
Sleepy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
TANK YOU FAVORS

Are you serious?
lol. They'd rather have a low lotto pick than a high lotto pick just so this team of nobodies can win a couple extra games. Something tells me they'll feel better when there's a fresh young superstar to take the torch from Kobe. D;Antoni/Meeks/Xavier/Farmar/Blake and the rest of the journeymen rejects can all go F themselves.
What if Durant gets hurt? Harden gets hurt? Parker goes down. Duncan goes down...

Kobe, Blake come back....they start winning games as those other teams fail without their stars....Lakers make a run...but then miss the playoffs by a couple games because they "tanked" enough early on.

The season isn't even half over and they're only 3-4 games out of a potential playoff spot and you're rooting for losses? You never know what can happen. But then it's hard to explain integrity to quitters.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Last few post-game interviews Snippy MDA has been making a comeback. Methinks someone is feeling some pressure...
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Someone tell Pau to man up and play through the illness.

Pau is acting like me towards the end of my tenure at my first job. Any little thing you can use as an excuse to not show up, you use.

we would've lost by 40 points if Pau had shown up; he probably did us a favor

So True!
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerCity wrote:
lol @ guys watching the game and hoping we lose and cheering when we lose.

Real fans
these journeymen rejects are not real Lakers. They're trying their best to rob us of our next franchise player, all so that they can get more money on some other squad next year. we understand that the only good thing this pathetic roster can do is net us a high draft pick.

BTW, I'm not watching this trash, only the score board.

Last edited by dao on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Yeah lets tank so we can get a lottery pick and maybe get a Wesley Johnson, or X. Henry.

It can happen but I feel like everyone is pretty happy with those guys and they were already established as busts. A Lakers lottery pick could be someone that is good right out of the gate.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:

Well we can win and KNOW thats what we are getting without a doubt. I dunno about you but, i rather take a chance at getting a guy who can be a franchise player. Even if its 30 percent chance, its better then 5 drafting in the 20's.

Just like a qB in the NFL, if you dont have one, your team aint going to do anything. Same in the NBA, need that super star or your trying to win a title the hardest possible way.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Last few post-game interviews Snippy MDA has been making a comeback. Methinks someone is feeling some pressure...

I still remember his comments last year about getting paid anyway and going golfing or whatever.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

It can happen but I feel like everyone is pretty happy with those guys and they were already established as busts. A Lakers lottery pick could be someone that is good right out of the gate.

That's not my point. I too appreciate Wes (4th overall) and Henry(12th overall), but it's pretty clear that a lottery pick doesn't guarantee you a superstar, star, or even a starter in this league. Intentionally tanking in the hope of landing a franchise player just makes you a gambler, sometimes you win but mostly you are a loser.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Sleepy wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
Manny450r wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
You tank people are a disgrace.

What's wrong with wanting to tank? If you really think this team has a shot at making playoffs or even getting out of the first round, you sir are delusional.
What does one have to do with the other?
Why are u making this difficult?

And to the people calling us fake fans, were still here watching our team.
And hoping they lose.

What a way to go through life. It's like hoping you get fired so you can collect welfare.
more like quitting sh*ty job because you won the lottery.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I still remember his comments last year about getting paid anyway and going golfing or whatever.

Oh I'd forgotten about that one. Good. LawedT.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Damn it, I wanted to be undefeated in game threads and retire on top.

(bleep)
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

foshowtime wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Someone tell Pau to man up and play through the illness.

Pau is acting like me towards the end of my tenure at my first job. Any little thing you can use as an excuse to not show up, you use.

we would've lost by 40 points if Pau had shown up; he probably did us a favor

So True!

Sure, we kept,it close against the Heat with Pau and get beat by the lowly Jazz and blown out by the Warriors with Pau out. Take a look at our coach...get off the Pau hate bandwagon...
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject:

lottery and MDA fired at end o f season and a couple o fsecond tier FA signed
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
lol @ guys watching the game and hoping we lose and cheering when we lose.

Real fans
these journeymen rejects are not real Lakers. They're trying their best to rob us of our next franchise player, all so that they can get more money on some other squad next year. we understand that the only good thing this pathetic roster can do is net us a high draft pick.

BTW, I'm not watching this trash, only the score board.

You got it all figured out.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject:

sit Pau fr mono orsomething letslet season ride
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Sleepy wrote:
dao wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
TANK YOU FAVORS

Are you serious?
What if Durant gets hurt? Harden gets hurt? Parker goes down. Duncan goes down...

Kobe, Blake come back....they start winning games as those other teams fail without their stars....Lakers make a run...but then miss the playoffs by a couple games because they "tanked" enough early on.

The season isn't even half over and they're only 3-4 games out of a potential playoff spot and you're rooting for losses? You never know what can happen. But then it's hard to explain integrity to quitters.
Wow you're delusional, if you made that comment to a psychiatrist he might have you committed. A meteor would have to hit the stadium in the middle of the All Star game for this team to make a meaningful run. Look at our roster. Full of journeymen and scrubs. Right now the Warriors are the 8th seed lol. The West is stacked.

Wanting a great prospect when a team lacks talent isn't quitting, it's intelligent. The anti-tankers are displaying either a lack of foresight/intelligence or a lack of patience. Then again maybe you just have a really low bar for what you consider success. IOW, a loser's mentality. I see a 35-38 win team and a 20-25 win team as equally pathetic. Both teams are totally irrelevant. That is what makes this franchise special, we used to feel sorry for fans of teams that were consistently irrelevant. Now you people are happy cheering for a bunch of bums playing for a gimmicky coach with no player of ever being relevant. Sad, and pathetic. Not the Laker way. More like the Atlanta Hawks way.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Nice of John Ireland to tell the team they played great and that the refs blew it. Oy vey.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
dao wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
TANK YOU FAVORS

Are you serious?

Wow you're delusional, if you made that comment to a psychiatrist he might have you committed. A meteor would have to hit the stadium in the middle of the All Star game for this team to make a meaningful run. Look at our roster. Full of journeymen and scrubs. Right now the Warriors are the 8th seed lol. The West is stacked.

Wanting a great prospect when a team lacks talent isn't quitting, it's intelligent. The anti-tankers are displaying either a lack of foresight/intelligence or a lack of patience. Then again maybe you just have a really low bar for what you consider success. IOW, a loser's mentality. I see a 35-38 win team and a 20-25 win team as equally pathetic. Both teams are totally irrelevant. That is what makes this franchise special, we used to feel sorry for fans of teams that were consistently irrelevant. Now you people are happy cheering for a bunch of bums playing for a gimmicky coach with no player of ever being relevant. Sad, and pathetic. Not the Laker way. More like the Atlanta Hawks way.

I actually agree with him. We can definitely still win it all. All it takes is for dwight, chris paul, harden, griffin, curry, lee, iguodala, duncan, parker, nowitzski, george, hibbert, lebron, wwade, bosh, aldridge and lillard to get injured. It's not improbable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25
Jump to: