Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xiaozhugong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Hurrican wrote:
Charisma wrote:
What a strange night. The bench finished the game, Young missed three FTs, and Lin shot 2/12 .

I thought last time we went to OT BS said he always believed that the starters should always finish?

He meant out real starters our bench hehe.

In bottom of BS's heart, he knew our bench is better than starters. BS actually wanted to win this game to beat Kidd.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:
option_nerd wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
He went to Harvard, if anything you are the one who would be lucky to have an IQ of 50, you would be lucky to even touch the rim i bet.

onthedownlow wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:
I find it so funny when people actually argue that Lin has ANY Value whatsoever. He's a wannbe Asian " White Chocolate " Jason Williams. No trade value at all.

While that might be true, Jason Williams was a starter on an NBA champion.

That's why I said...WANNABE! Lin thinks he has Flair, pazazz, but he is worthless. Dude is lucky if his IQ is even at 50. I mean he is Super Stupid.

How does going to Harvard have anything to do with ones Intelligence ? Lin was a privledged snobby kid who played ball there. I know plenty of Rich kids who went to Harvard, but didn't even score 800 on their SAT test.

But Lin is not one of them. He has high SAT score. If you don't have high SAT, you still can't get in the Harvard even if you are a great basketball player.

Wrong. I personally did business with the owner of Black & Decker for our job for years, and his son, who was a total nitwit went to Harvard. His dad bought his way in with a huge endowment. Plus, believe it or not, Harvard does give Athletic scholorships in Football and Basketball to some Brain Dead Athletes.

i am so surprised that you didn't graduate from Harvard.

No I definitely did not. But my point was that in a lot of these Ivy league schools, you don't necessarily have to be a genius to gain admission. Money can get you in. Now once in, you have to do some what well or you will flunk out. Lin did not, so maybe in general he may be Intelligent. But as far as ON the court...Line is as Dumb as a Box of Rocks.

Really? Don't think any Ivy school can risk their reputation for money.

George W Bush went to Yale, and Harvard for MBA... did you smell something?
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

onthedownlow wrote:

No I definitely did not. But my point was that in a lot of these Ivy league schools, you don't necessarily have to be a genius to gain admission. Money can get you in. Now once in, you have to do some what well or you will flunk out. Lin did not, so maybe in general he may be Intelligent. But as far as ON the court...Line is as Dumb as a Box of Rocks.

I dunno with those seemingly dumb passes or pick up his dribble imo its starting to seem more like chemistry then actual bad decisions. Like that one play when it was a PnR Stu was gonna make a comment that Lin again picked up his dribble on a double team but it was actually because he was anticipating it and had an open big man where he could pass for an open shot.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
fafan wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:
option_nerd wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:
He went to Harvard, if anything you are the one who would be lucky to have an IQ of 50, you would be lucky to even touch the rim i bet.

onthedownlow wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:
I find it so funny when people actually argue that Lin has ANY Value whatsoever. He's a wannbe Asian " White Chocolate " Jason Williams. No trade value at all.

That's why I said...WANNABE! Lin thinks he has Flair, pazazz, but he is worthless. Dude is lucky if his IQ is even at 50. I mean he is Super Stupid.

How does going to Harvard have anything to do with ones Intelligence ? Lin was a privledged snobby kid who played ball there. I know plenty of Rich kids who went to Harvard, but didn't even score 800 on their SAT test.

But Lin is not one of them. He has high SAT score. If you don't have high SAT, you still can't get in the Harvard even if you are a great basketball player.

Wrong. I personally did business with the owner of Black & Decker for our job for years, and his son, who was a total nitwit went to Harvard. His dad bought his way in with a huge endowment. Plus, believe it or not, Harvard does give Athletic scholorships in Football and Basketball to some Brain Dead Athletes.

I don't think he understands the concept of legacy admissions, which happens in Ivy League schools as well....
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
fafan wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:
option_nerd wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:
HAKMamba24 wrote:

onthedownlow wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:

MBA is different. Can you make a example for undergraduate?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject:

onthedownlow wrote:

I know someone that's looking as dumb as a bag of rocks right here in this thread!
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject:

how the h-e-double-L did a basketball game thread become a thread about ivy league admission policy?

damn you guys are wasting my bandwidth! get back on topic!
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
diando wrote:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Game Thread Standings wrote:

pio2u................................4-2
diando..............................3-6
K0BEE 2.0.........................4-10
danzag.............................1-1
TDRock.............................1-2
chazz................................0-1
Laker Intervention.............0-1
zePokar............................0-1
jlinfan...............................0-5
Don Draper.......................0-3
eddiejonze........................0-2
Jocinetu............................0-1
joedanvan22.....................0-1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some Clutch tank play here

Lmao at all those zeros.

At this point all pio2u is take one more game, win or lose and he has the Game Thread Cup. Remember you need at least 7 games to qualify for positioning at the end of the season.

I'm going to flip your noodles here, but what if the zero's are actually the winners?

Tank on.
Altos
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:

I know someone that's looking as dumb as a bag of rocks right here in this thread!

Lin's SAT score can be found by Google:
Jeremy Lin scored 2061 out of a perfect 2400 (or 1428/1600 if you count only verbal + math). He scored a perfect 800 in Math. The dude is *smart*!

Obviously basketball IQ is different from academic smart, but I found no evidence to suggest his basketball IQ is not good. There were recent games he played heavy minutes after light minutes, and that is not good for any players.
emaildoesntwork
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Looking at the box score, Kate Middleton plays in the NBA?
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Altos wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:

Jeremy Lin scored 2061 out of a perfect 2400 (or 1428/1600 if you count only verbal + math). He scored a perfect 800 in Math. The dude is *smart*!

Obviously basketball IQ is different from academic smart, but I found no evidence to suggest his basketball IQ is not good. There were recent games he played heavy minutes after light minutes, and that is not good for any players.

Yes, but what did he score in "toughness"?
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Altos wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:

He scored honeybadger on the "toughness" section
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
how the h-e-double-L did a basketball game thread become a thread about ivy league admission policy?

damn you guys are wasting my bandwidth! get back on topic!

amen!
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger does not care
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

I think it's just the opposite. Linsanity was nothing more than a hot streak that lots of players get. Apart from that small segment of his career, his four other years in the NBA have been remarkable consistent. Linsanity was a fluke; the current season is reflective of the typical Lin.

Thats quite possible or it could also be BS offensive system is just that bad.
The Lin I think most of his fans wants to see was the one tonight in the 4th quarter. Not doing this pass to iso or catch and shoot off a curl crap that BS likes to run but Lin calling for screens and doing some PnR. Sure lin was off tonight and couldn't even score when getting to the basket, but he created a lot of plays that lead to points like all the assists and hockey pock assists. And even if he did not make the layup Davis was there for the put back because Lin drew in the defenders and Ed is just too good.

At the end of the 4th quarter/ot for some reason BS was calling plays again and no PnRs.

That latter one is the Lin we have been seeing all season. The former one is the one we want to play.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject:

Travers wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:
2 years ago Lin was better than knight

Now Lin isn't even close to the same player knight is =)

Lin has been given every chance to showcase his skill and he keeps getting worse

And I'm a Lin fan

Lin would probably be back on the rockets next year if they strike out on dragic (lin can back up Beverly)

LMAO, Lin never really got the chance to showcase his skill since Linsanity.
First Melo, then Harden and Kobe, even have no chance now when Kobe is injured. We can only see glimpse of that in Houston when Harden is out which Lin score 20, 30 pts easily.

Clearly Lin didn't have a great game but the Lakers spacing aka coaching sucks so there is rarely much. You see when there is someone open under the basket he spots and makes the good pass. He was on 2-12 but the only one consistently attacking the basket and with Ed Davis on the floor he cleaned up many of the missed drives. I'm fine with that a layup drive anc cleanup. He's also shooting a league average 36 from 3 which I believe woudl improve if he took more shots and got in a groove but he is trying his hardest to play a team game.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject:

Hurrican wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Altos wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:

McHale was smart enough to let Lin draw up plays for him last year. Yeah not basket ball IQ. Go back under your rock please for the sake of the forum.
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

i really think Lin should stop backseat coaching with BS around. BS is such an insecure mess cuz even he knows he's not a good coach.
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Altos wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:

Enter the Dragon...
http://stuarte.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/jeremy-lin-red-blood-dragon-tattoo.jpg

The Little Head...
http://stuarte.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Jeremy-Lin-welt-on-head-Kevin-Love.jpg

Collagen Lips....
http://www.jeremylin.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Jeremy-Lin-bloody-lip-goran-dragic.jpg
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
Hurrican wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Altos wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:

McHale was smart enough to let Lin draw up plays for him last year. Yeah not basket ball IQ. Go back under your rock please for the sake of the forum.

Perhaps you are referring to:

http://static.ettoday.net/images/546/d546267.jpg

That was hilarious....even more so when the assistant actually handed Lin a pen/marker for him to illustrate.

But I think the whole 'Lin draw up plays...', thing was more of a spoof after some of the images and video clips got posted...
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Altos wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
onthedownlow wrote:

Ronnie Price is the starter. Period.
sf2099
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject:

SIT_GOODWIN_SIT! wrote:

That was hilarious....even more so when the assistant actually handed Lin a pen/marker for him to illustrate.

But I think the whole 'Lin draw up plays...', thing was more of a spoof after some of the images and video clips got posted...

lol, please brother. like your name says, please sit down and stop being ridiculous.

btw, that "assistant" was/is houston's medical doctor.
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject:

sf2099 wrote:
SIT_GOODWIN_SIT! wrote:

lol, please brother. like your name says, please sit down and stop being ridiculous.

btw, that "assistant" was/is houston's medical doctor.

Sitting fast now... Yeah, thanks for the heads up! I knew he wasn't one of the coaches but I did not bother trying to figure how who he is. Hence, I thought a generic 'assistant' might cover the bases well enough.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

TANK.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23
Jump to: