OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2871, 2872, 2873 ... 2889, 2890, 2891  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Great bounceback game for him tonight. Hope he keeps it coming these last few and gets the most money he can. Sad it couldn't come with a win
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:56 pm    Post subject:

We should have ran the offense through him when no one else was able to score. He was our lone field goal after they'd went minutes not scoring one and trying to go through everyone else.

The people that said that this team doesn't really move forward till LeBron realizes he needs to stop forcing things and actually take a backseat some of the time to someone that can run the team better will continue to look prophetic.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
We should have ran the offense through him when no one else was able to score. He was our lone field goal after they'd went minutes not scoring one and trying to go through everyone else.

The people that said that this team doesn't really move forward till LeBron realizes he needs to stop forcing things and actually take a backseat some of the time to someone that can run the team better will continue to look prophetic.

LBJ going to continue doing it until we get a coach with some guts to actually tell him to "STOP"..until then? same cycle..blame someone else and blame the next coach.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:21 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LVW95wZASto&t=33s&pp=ygUTTXVycmF5IGRsbyBmbGFncmFudA%3D%3D

Dlo should’ve fell to the floor after the slap. They wouldn’t have challenged it I guarantee it. Gotta learn to sell the contact.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:22 pm    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LVW95wZASto&t=33s&pp=ygUTTXVycmF5IGRsbyBmbGFncmFudA%3D%3D

Dlo should’ve fell to the floor after the slap. They wouldn’t have challenged it I guarantee it. Gotta learn to sell the contact.

The idea that you can get smacked in the head and it NOT be a foul just cause the ball left your hand .5 seconds before is a Scott Foster made up rule.

The entire point of "protect the shooter" is to protect them AFTER they release the ball. Smacking someone in the head and it not being called a foul cause the ball just left their hands isn't 'protecting the shooter' it's protecting the bet.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:24 pm    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

Isn't that snippet from 11 months ago the comments are from 11 months ago? And that sounds like Jeff Van Gundy commentating who doesn't commentate anymore.

I think this is the wrong snippet.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:27 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

Isn't that snippet from 11 months ago the comments are from 11 months ago? And that sounds like Jeff Van Gundy commentating who doesn't commentate anymore.

Used it as an example. The contact was marginal but had dlo fell and sold the slap Malone probably wouldn’t challenge the foul call. You could say it’s good coaching but I don’t even think Malone knew dlo was hit in the face , it just didn’t look like a foul.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
MJST wrote:

LBJ going to continue doing it until we get a coach with some guts to actually tell him to "STOP"..until then? same cycle..blame someone else and blame the next coach.

He hasn’t been coachable for a while. Used to be fine. Now not so much. The hope is a better coach can elevate the others in spite of bron. But he controls the ball late and instead of playing smart he wanted a highlight reel 3.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:30 pm    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

Used it as an example. The contact was marginal but had dlo fell and sold the slap Malone probably wouldn’t challenge the foul call. You could say it’s good coaching but I don’t even think Malone knew dlo was hit in the face , it just didn’t look like a foul.

Ah. Werd.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:33 pm    Post subject:

We wasted the one good game he is going to have.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:34 pm    Post subject:

So much for him being mentally weak, huh? Came out and immediately hit 3 threes in the first qt and ended up setting ( i think ? ) the lakers record for post season threes in a game.

Too bad Hamas sabotaged us.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:35 pm    Post subject:

The difference between last game and this game is he made they shots he normally makes, and I like what I am seeing so far in these 2 games, at least he wasn’t played off the court. He needs to keep it up
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:07 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
The difference between last game and this game is he made they shots he normally makes, and I like what I am seeing so far in these 2 games, at least he wasn’t played off the court. He needs to keep it up

Yup exactly why D'Lo didnt piss me off during Game 1. Bron did and I kept ranting about Bron......but I cant complain about Bron at all this Game. Bron's process during this game was really good. I actually felt Bron was the best and most impactful player on the court today.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:11 pm    Post subject:

He stepped up tonight, and made a big lay-up towards the end...

Just sucks now look like AR and Rui are folding this year..
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm    Post subject:

This was probably his best Playoff game as a Laker. Kudos for that and I hope he can keep it up. Too bad it came in a loss.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:15 am    Post subject:

AR is killing himself trying to stay with Murray. To an extent so is with Rui on Jokic. That’s why those guys can’t bring it on offense.

That said if Dlo would have went 4-11 Jovan Buha would have had a stream of tweets/posts about how awful and unplayable Dlo is and that he needs to be benched.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:05 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
AR is killing himself trying to stay with Murray. To an extent so is with Rui on Jokic. That’s why those guys can’t bring it on offense.

That said if Dlo would have went 4-11 Jovan Buha would have had a stream of tweets/posts about how awful and unplayable Dlo is and that he needs to be benched.

I want HAm gone..okay DLO played good..but AR and RUI didnt. AS a coach you have to find someway to get them active..I HATE THAT IDIOT LBJ 3pt play so late in the game..just STUPID..but somewhat thinking about it he cant take all the blame...He cant be the one man army he going to get tired and thats going to lead to him beig able to drive in leading to..yep jaking up 3s or making TOs.

He taking over the 4th..but why the coach not drawing up plays and making adjustments to contnue getting AD the ball in the 3rd and 4th?

Why this guy cant make pl;ays to either get plays for RUI and AR struggling OR make adjustments as they might actually might be TIRED from guarding Jokic or Murray...

Tprince was doing good..(throw up) give him the ball more and let him work.

We have been up EVERY GAME at the half...

Reel LBJ ISO ball in some and make actual set plays COACJH..This Running LBJ into the ground ISO stuff is going to backfire and it did in the 3rd and 4th...like i said LBJ is the blame but i blame this IDIOT COACH MORE as he cant reign in LBJ freestyle and breaks what was actually working in the 1st half. DEN made a adjustments to AD? MAKE A ADJUSTMENT TOO IDIOT COACH to get AD back the ball to cook.

Im tired of this coach..he going to get players removed and lower their value in FA and offseason. He needs to go.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

The idea that you can get smacked in the head and it NOT be a foul just cause the ball left your hand .5 seconds before is a Scott Foster made up rule.

The entire point of "protect the shooter" is to protect them AFTER they release the ball. Smacking someone in the head and it not being called a foul cause the ball just left their hands isn't 'protecting the shooter' it's protecting the bet.

DLO should have made the layup. He was fouled after the ball left his hand. He needs to attack the basket with aggression. That play should have been a basketball and a free throw.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

I want HAm gone..okay DLO played good..but AR and RUI didnt. AS a coach you have to find someway to get them active..I HATE THAT IDIOT LBJ 3pt play so late in the game..just STUPID..but somewhat thinking about it he cant take all the blame...He cant be the one man army he going to get tired and thats going to lead to him beig able to drive in leading to..yep jaking up 3s or making TOs.

He taking over the 4th..but why the coach not drawing up plays and making adjustments to contnue getting AD the ball in the 3rd and 4th?

Why this guy cant make pl;ays to either get plays for RUI and AR struggling OR make adjustments as they might actually might be TIRED from guarding Jokic or Murray...

Reel LBJ ISO ball in some and make actual set plays COACJH..This Running LBJ into the ground ISO stuff is going to backfire and it did in the 3rd and 4th...like i said LBJ is the blame but i blame this IDIOT COACH MORE as he cant reign in LBJ freestyle and breaks what was actually working in the 1st half. DEN made a adjustments to AD? MAKE A ADJUSTMENT TOO IDIOT COACH to get AD back the ball to cook.

Im tired of this coach..he going to get players removed and lower their value in FA and offseason. He needs to go.

Malone made adjustments in the second half. He had defenders stay close to DLO, and that was basically it for DLO.

Last play of the game DLO was on Murray at the top. I thought DLO was going to force Murray left, instead he ran away like a little mitch.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:02 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Malone made adjustments in the second half. He had defenders stay close to DLO, and that was basically it for DLO.

Last play of the game DLO was on Murray at the top. I thought DLO was going to force Murray left, instead he ran away like a little mitch.

It must hurt you that DLO played so well that he was the last reason they lost
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:05 am    Post subject:

I'm curious on his next contract and does the Magic/Pistons/Spurs make a run for him?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:15 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
MJST wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

DLO should have made the layup. He was fouled after the ball left his hand. He needs to attack the basket with aggression. That play should have been a basketball and a free throw.

Why he need to attack more aggresive. A foul is a foul..its in act of shooting..thats a foul..the result is free throws.

What they did should be like curry or Murray taking a 3 and after the shot I immediatley tackle him into the stands. Hey! The ball out of his hands sooooo no foul? He come up limping? owell who cares no foul. I wonder would Silver see it that way? lol
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

..yawn,,Your CUZ getting fired just let it go..lol. You can point to DLO blah blah..but sorry. Not falling for it...Your cuz was suppose to feed the hot hand and that was AD and he went away from it and LOST THE GAME. He also refused to tell LBJ to stop the ISO in the 3rd but he refused and even let him continue that stuff into the 4th...Tired legs cuased the TO and not having the lefs to go inside instead of taking that 3 ball.. stop deflecting..its not working..

PS
Also that which you speak of is a pointer LBJ was guarding Murray and help came from DLO and murray went to the left inside of the right and DLO went away as he should have and LBJ pointed to AD which was on his left and then AD was on Murray..that was the defensive plan..so sorry thats not going to work..try harder

Last edited by JustaObserver on Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:21 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'm curious on his next contract and does the Magic/Pistons/Spurs make a run for him?

Pop won't waste money on him…

Magic most likely.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:26 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
zambia wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

It must hurt you that DLO played so well that he was the last reason they lost

I wish he would have continued playing well in the second half.

Why did he leave Murray on the last play?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2871, 2872, 2873 ... 2889, 2890, 2891  Next
Page 2872 of 2891
Jump to: