Prediction: Lakers lose to Hornets in OKC (Sat Feb 4th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
I am happy to take on your pathetic challenge. just in the hope that you will leave the site. In fact, let's make it for a year. If the Lakers win, you don't come back for a year.

Make it ever.

You pathetic troll.

I'll second that. One year ban after tomorrows win.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I really hope the Lakers win tomorrow but I just don't know what to expect from this team. They've taken on the personality of their coach, completely irrational behavior.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
I really hope the Lakers win tomorrow but I just don't know what to expect from this team. They've taken on the personality of their coach, completely irrational behavior.

Should be no problem in vs the Hornets as long as Kobe goes for 65 points or so.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:

lakerfin wrote:
msb212 wrote:
I am happy to take on your pathetic challenge. just in the hope that you will leave the site. In fact, let's make it for a year. If the Lakers win, you don't come back for a year.

Make it ever.

You pathetic troll.

lakerfin and msb212,

Lakers at Hornets (feb 4th)

I'll accept your raise and call. If the Hornets beat the Lakers, you both cannot post for ONE YEAR. If the Lakers beat the Hornets, I will not post for ONE YEAR.

This game just got interesting!
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

I think we all can I agree that Kobe needs to shoot the ball a lot. If the Hornets win I think they'll take the 7th playoff slot from the Lakers.
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Make it ever.

You pathetic troll.

lakerfin and msb212,

I'll accept your raise and call. If the Hornets beat the Lakers, you both cannot post for ONE YEAR. If the Lakers beat the Hornets, I will not post for ONE YEAR.

Interesting for you, maybe. Life really that boring? #1, We didn't make a stupid prediction that our team would lose, you did that. #2, msb212 suggested that your self-imposed ban be extended for a year.........or forever. I liked that part.
Here's the odds I really like: Lakers lose=you're banned one year. Lakers win=you're banned forever. msb212 and myself, we'll just pretend this never happened. Now that's interesting.
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

how are the hornets only 4 point favorites? the lakers have played terribly for two consecutive games, they're playing back-to-back, and probably won't have odom and maybe mihm. the hornets are playing really well. this may be easy money.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

lakerfin wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Make it ever.

You pathetic troll.

lakerfin and msb212,

Interesting for you, maybe. Life really that boring? #1, We didn't make a stupid prediction that our team would lose, you did that. #2, msb212 suggested that your self-imposed ban be extended for a year.........or forever. I liked that part.
Here's the odds I really like: Lakers lose=you're banned one year. Lakers win=you're banned forever. msb212 and myself, we'll just pretend this never happened. Now that's interesting.

I think this is all sort of pathetic in a way He shouldn't have made his prediction into a bet. He's welcome to say they're gonna lose, but if he's so confident of it, it's kinda sad as a fan. What fan goes into a game against a team with a worse record and says he is sure his team is gonna lose?

However, I also think that you have to either put up or shut up. If you're going to insult him and ask him to leave, if you have accept his challenge. Otherwise, you're apparently not confident about this team either. Saying that you won't take his challenge and that he should leave anyway doesn't engender much confidence in your position.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Make it ever.

You pathetic troll.

lakerfin and msb212,

actually, i will do whatever the hell I please. However, I plan to harass you every single day, and every single post, just cause i think you're a troll, bad for this site, and a moron.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Make it ever.

You pathetic troll.

lakerfin and msb212,

I think this is all sort of pathetic in a way He shouldn't have made his prediction into a bet. He's welcome to say they're gonna lose, but if he's so confident of it, it's kinda sad as a fan. What fan goes into a game against a team with a worse record and says he is sure his team is gonna lose?

However, I also think that you have to either put up or shut up. If you're going to insult him and ask him to leave, if you have accept his challenge. Otherwise, you're apparently not confident about this team either. Saying that you won't take his challenge and that he should leave anyway doesn't engender much confidence in your position.

keep your mouth shut, or I will add you to my list.

This guy should have been banned from the moment he made the first post.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Now, Now guys.

No need to make it so personal.

Did you guys not learn from me? No need to make jackasses out of yourself like I did .......

It's just basketball. It's a game that someone's going to win and another going to lose.

We can never predict who does what, where, when and why.

So chill out .... Seriously no need for this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JusLakers
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Getting kind of back to topic, as I mentioned in my other topic yesterday, I am guessing tonights game will be really difficult. Teams that play extended minutes going small against us particularly with 2 point guards on the floor have killed us. Our defense at the 1 isnt that great, and more importantly neither is our team defense in rotations and closing out. I think we will get exploited by Claxton - Paul just as Dixon - Blake did with us in Portland.

Dont get me wrong, I am still going to be cheering for the Lakers till the end, its just thats the way I see the game unfolding tonight.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

predicting doom is fine. betting on it is trolling.
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Make it ever.

You pathetic troll.

lakerfin and msb212,

No one asked you.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
This just for fun...

I know everyone's worked up. So am I. Since I now live in this wind factor of a state, I've adopted the Hornets since my birth child (Lakers) now seem as distant as Kansas was to Dorthy (a little tornado humor, it seemed fitting).

I have NO doubt that the Hornets rock the Lakers tomorrow in OKC. Nevertheless, I'll be wearing my Kobe jersey as I get my a$$ ripped by the OKC fans.

Yet, I'll back my predicition with anyone who wants to make this game interesting. If the Lakers win, I will not post in LG for a month. However, this is ONLY if someone accepts my challenge. If someone does, they cannot post in LG for two weeks if the Hornets win. I'm in the giving mood, so consider it 2:1 odds in your favor.

Let me know by dropping a post in this thread.

Honestly, I've been torn about this game for the past month after going to all the Hornets game and getting to know guys like CP3, PJ, West and Mason. I'll be crushed if the Lakers lose. However, after losing to the b o b c a t s, nothing can hurt worse than what I felt tonight. So... I'm making it interesting.

WOW! You dudes are so angry.

I am just talking the talk and walking the walk. Nobody had to accept my "friendly" challenge. After all, I stated it was just for fun. You two wanted to raise the stakes, not me. If I didn't accept your bold offer, the Man Show wasn't going to let me do any guest appearances.

Don't mistake me for a fair weather fan. As I said, I'll be wearing my kobe jersey and accepting the Hornet fan's heckling. Furthermore, I sat and watched every painful second of every Laker game last year just like every other true Laker-fan.

Nevertheless, I'm also the type of person who is willing to backup my comments when it comes to critizing the Lakers for putting a bad roster around Kobe or predicting they'll lose to a hot Hornets team who plays great on their own court. That's all it is.

Per your latest posts, it appears the cards have been folded and all wagers are off.

Enjoy the game...
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakers better win
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
Ank wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Make it ever.

You pathetic troll.

lakerfin and msb212,

keep your mouth shut, or I will add you to my list.

This guy should have been banned from the moment he made the first post.

Add me to whatever list you like. I certianly don't care. In fact, I like being on lists. Being on lists > Not being on lists. If you were on one of my lists, maybe I would take you off. I don't have any lists where I write down names of LG members about whom I want to remember how I feel. Oh well. Can yu mae a second list and put me on that too?
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject:

lakerfin wrote:
Ank wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Make it ever.

You pathetic troll.

lakerfin and msb212,

No one asked you.

Oh, good point. Wait, this is a forum where people post their ideas and other people post their response to those ideas. I don't care whether you asked me or not. I didn't insult anyone and I'm not badmouthing this site or the Lakers. After that, its all fair play and I'll say whatever I please. Thanks for your input though.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
This just for fun...

I know everyone's worked up. So am I. Since I now live in this wind factor of a state, I've adopted the Hornets since my birth child (Lakers) now seem as distant as Kansas was to Dorthy (a little tornado humor, it seemed fitting).

I have NO doubt that the Hornets rock the Lakers tomorrow in OKC. Nevertheless, I'll be wearing my Kobe jersey as I get my a$$ ripped by the OKC fans.

Yet, I'll back my predicition with anyone who wants to make this game interesting. If the Lakers win, I will not post in LG for a month. However, this is ONLY if someone accepts my challenge. If someone does, they cannot post in LG for two weeks if the Hornets win. I'm in the giving mood, so consider it 2:1 odds in your favor.

Let me know by dropping a post in this thread.

Honestly, I've been torn about this game for the past month after going to all the Hornets game and getting to know guys like CP3, PJ, West and Mason. I'll be crushed if the Lakers lose. However, after losing to the b o b c a t s, nothing can hurt worse than what I felt tonight. So... I'm making it interesting.

WOW! You dudes are so angry.

I am just talking the talk and walking the walk. Nobody had to accept my "friendly" challenge. After all, I stated it was just for fun. You two wanted to raise the stakes, not me. If I didn't accept your bold offer, the Man Show wasn't going to let me do any guest appearances.

Don't mistake me for a fair weather fan. As I said, I'll be wearing my kobe jersey and accepting the Hornet fan's heckling. Furthermore, I sat and watched every painful second of every Laker game last year just like every other true Laker-fan.

Nevertheless, I'm also the type of person who is willing to backup my comments when it comes to critizing the Lakers for putting a bad roster around Kobe or predicting they'll lose to a hot Hornets team who plays great on their own court. That's all it is.

Per your latest posts, it appears the cards have been folded and all wagers are off.

Enjoy the game...

Nah,I have the guts for this. I think the Lakers will win one. I'll stand in where Lakerfin and Msb would not.

I don't want anything lofty. Let's not make bets we cannot keep and don't want to keep. However, to make it interesting, if the Lakers don't win, I won't post until next weekend (saturday). You make the same commitment and we're good to go. I don't have enough faith to pledge a month or a year, but I'll stll stand by the Lakers. I wait for you to accept.

Added: Offer open until the game starts (5pm)

Last edited by Ank on Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

LMAO at some of the people here. Making challenges then turning tail and running once they get called on it.

anyway imo lakers only chance of winning is for kobe to get 50 on 50% shooting, get a trip-dub and have a monster fourth quarter to seal the deal. Ofoucrse since no one can hit a shot to save their mama's life, he'll probably need ten steals instead of assists.

Come to think of it that would be our only chance of winning any game these days until the team gets out of its stupid funk. Sadly I gotta say I just don't see it happening. Kobe's human. He's probably exhausted and to make things worse he has to facilitate too while lamar is out. How sad is that?

Loss coming up laker fans
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
Ank wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
lakerfin wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Make it ever.

You pathetic troll.

lakerfin and msb212,

No one asked you.

Oh, good point. Wait, this is a forum where people post their ideas and other people post their response to those ideas. I don't care whether you asked me or not. I didn't insult anyone and I'm not badmouthing this site or the Lakers. After that, its all fair play and I'll say whatever I please. Thanks for your input though.

Go ahead and read who wrote what before you post. I did not insult anyone or call names/bad mouth or whatever. I did take exception to someone betting for a Laker loss, that's my perogative. My opinion. And I will say whatever I please. And I will say the Lakers better win tonight.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

ill take the first bet
Teamscrub
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
actually, i will do whatever the hell I please. However, I plan to harass you every single day, and every single post, just cause i think you're a troll, bad for this site, and a moron.
I think you've the hots for him. Don't front.
Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Hornets 104
Lakers 92
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

lakerfin wrote:
msb212 wrote:

Make it ever.

You pathetic troll.

Now that he is right. Are some of you going to learn to be a little less cocky and begin to accept that this team has issues except for Kobe.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: