VIDEO: HERE IS KOBE'S NIKE AD! HIGH QUALITY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject:

who cares about stupid shoes?
jeso08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject:

Great commercial...very smart!

It’s not about his new shoes. It’s about the Man, showing what he's all about. Nike is not trying to change everyone’s mind about Kobe. They are simply separating the fans from the haters. Fans will love him even more and the haters will continue to hate.

The haters can hate all they want and they still can't take away his talent, dedication and the passion to his craft.

That’s why you see the grainy video. Just keeping it raw and addressing all the criticism head-on.

This is just the beginning....

methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject:

LOL how many 13 year olds do we have posting here? Do we really need special effects and explosions and LBJ karate kicking and T'Mac growing wings and stuff? This commercial is simple and great.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
LOL how many 13 year olds do we have posting here? Do we really need special effects and explosions and LBJ karate kicking and T'Mac growing wings and stuff? This commercial is simple and great.

Couldn't agree more.

This is over the top? I don't think so.

T-Mac sprouting demon-wings and flying around a raining hardcourt is over the top
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject:

magicfan wrote:
how's this for a commercial...

game footage of lakers down in the final seconds of the game. Kobe on the bench during a timeout with an intense look and then we see flashback images of him as a kid, high schooler, utah's airball, working out, studying films and then back to present day and show a game winning shot to win the game. at the end...just do it.

Great idea...send Nike a memo...
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
methdxman wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

This is over the top? I don't think so.

T-Mac sprouting demon-wings and flying around a raining hardcourt is over the top

This was a target commercial to get his message across and to get the backlash out of the way.

That will free him up to do the stuff that kids will love...
jmark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject:

Canuck wrote:
MyKRo wrote:
Great commercial..Simple, Raw, and to the point!

Hate him because he's GOOD!!! I love him for the same reason.

I totally agree!! Great commercial!!! Very well executed and to the point. This commercial is not so much about the shoe, but about him....Kobe aka Mr. 81 Bryant. It's great cuz it's true.
Love it.
ncaugnit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject:

That was sick.

sick.

For those of you that didn't care for it let me offer this....

Kobe is trying to dig himself out of a hole that I don't think another athlete in pro sports has had to try to dig out of before. Now I know some of you will immediately say Ray Lewis(murder case), or Darryl Strawberry(crack), or Magic(HIV), or even Mike J(Gambling), but I think Kobe's story is different from everyone else's, even Ray Lewis'. True Ray made everyone(and by everyone I mean the media, and the public at large) pretty much forget his legal troubles when the Ravens won the Superbowl in 2000 and he was MVP(Dude was even on the cover of Madden), but I would say that Ray is not as good a player in his sport, as Kobe is in his(he's great though no doubt) and more importantly he did not have the mercurial rise and fall of Kobe. Kobe was what Lebron is now to the league, the next great post- Jordan marketing machine for the NBA. He won 3 consecutive rings and was well on his way to sure immortality......

Then he was accused of rape...by a white girl no less(and for those of you PC people out there, yes it does matter that she was white, I mean this is America for godsakes, we used to get lynched for looking at white women let alone rape accusations). The case is dropped(even though it looks like her story was falling apart, there are still people out there that think she was just scared and Kobe really did it) and he goes back to just basketball when.....

oops......he loses the Finals "single-handedly" to the Pistons "breaks up the Lakers", Fires Phil, and trades Shaq all before lunch and then proceeds to lead the Lakers in missing the playoffs for the first time in over a decade.

And now he's back.

slowly but surely, with every jump-shot, every dunk, every win, 62 in 3, 81! (I mean (bleep) dude scored 81!I still have trouble with that one), he is reclaiming his title as the games best player.

When Kobe Bryant wins another title with the Lakes, he will have the greatest story of any athlete EVER.

Kobe would have went from Luke Skywalker in "A New Hope", to Darth Vader in "The Empire Strikes Back", To Luke Skywalker after he helped his pops come back to the light in "Return of the Jedi".

The only story better than "bottom to the top", is

"bottom to the top to the bottom to the top again".

This Nike commercial is simply the first Scene of the Second Act.

church.
jmark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject:

ncaugnit wrote:
That was sick.

sick.

Kobe is trying to dig himself out of a hole that I don't think another athlete in pro sports has had to try to dig out of before. Now I know some of you will immediately say Ray Lewis(murder case), or Darryl Strawberry(crack), or Magic(HIV), or even Mike J(Gambling), but I think Kobe's story is different from everyone else's, even Ray Lewis'. True Ray made everyone(and by everyone I mean the media, and the public at large) pretty much forget his legal troubles when the Ravens won the Superbowl in 2000 and he was MVP(Dude was even on the cover of Madden), but I would say that Ray is not as good a player in his sport, as Kobe is in his(he's great though no doubt) and more importantly he did not have the mercurial rise and fall of Kobe. Kobe was what Lebron is now to the league, the next great post- Jordan marketing machine for the NBA. He won 3 consecutive rings and was well on his way to sure immortality......

Then he was accused of rape...by a white girl no less(and for those of you PC people out there, yes it does matter that she was white, I mean this is America for godsakes, we used to get lynched for looking at white women let alone rape accusations). The case is dropped(even though it looks like her story was falling apart, there are still people out there that think she was just scared and Kobe really did it) and he goes back to just basketball when.....

oops......he loses the Finals "single-handedly" to the Pistons "breaks up the Lakers", Fires Phil, and trades Shaq all before lunch and then proceeds to lead the Lakers in missing the playoffs for the first time in over a decade.

And now he's back.

slowly but surely, with every jump-shot, every dunk, every win, 62 in 3, 81! (I mean (bleep) dude scored 81!I still have trouble with that one), he is reclaiming his title as the games best player.

When Kobe Bryant wins another title with the Lakes, he will have the greatest story of any athlete EVER.

Kobe would have went from Luke Skywalker in "A New Hope", to Darth Vader in "The Empire Strikes Back", To Luke Skywalker after he helped his pops come back to the light in "Return of the Jedi".

church.
Very well written.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject:

when are "The Kobe's" gonna debut?
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject:

jmark wrote:
ncaugnit wrote:
That was sick.

sick.

And now he's back.

church.
Very well written.

Yep, I agree. one step at a time, which is the point Salley was trying to make last night on best damn. The 62, the 81 are all steps in the process, next comes playoffs, mvp's and championships (hopefully). You don't become a legend overnight. He's got a few years to go still to create his legacy...btw, props to Salley, he tries to defend kobe, but the other three on there are such haters, it's pretty tough for him. at Rob Dibble for saying 'was it filmed in prison? Cuz that's what it looks like.' Then when they asked him why he would buy Jordans instead of Kobes, he said because he doesn't like Kobe. What an ass. :roll:
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject:

ncaugnit wrote:
That was sick.

sick.

And now he's back.

church.

Wow, is this a published article?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject:

Very direct. Very 'in your face.' This is supposed to make you feel uncomfortable, uneasy.

Kobe is one of the most polarizing figures in sports. He can't run from it, or ignore it any longer. He's embracing it, I think it's a stroke of genius.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject:

I like the concept, and the language of the commercial. I have to agree with others about the look of it though. I would have preferred to see something a bit slicker. I think they could have conveyed the same message with something that looked and sounded a little less documentary-ish and a little more professional.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

And by the way...does anybody really hate his fadeaway?
hitmankb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject:

I have no Idea what the comercial was about, I got no audio!
AllorNothing on Ron Artest
Quote:
He should be let go of his contract by the Kings to pursue a topnotch psychiatrist in LA.
Lakers Dynasty 2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject:

magicfan wrote:
how's this for a commercial...

game footage of lakers down in the final seconds of the game. Kobe on the bench during a timeout with an intense look and then we see flashback images of him as a kid, high schooler, utah's airball, working out, studying films and then back to present day and show a game winning shot to win the game. at the end...just do it.

Looks over at camera tapes and editing program...

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
And by the way...does anybody really hate his fadeaway?

I have the same question
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject:

The copy he read could have been better but I thought it was good.

I'm glad he's just embracing his role. He'll never be loved by everyone like Jordan was. People hate that he dares to be better than Jordan. Part of that is that the two players overlapped and Kobe actually attacked Jordan on the court. People don't want to let their heros die too early.

Think about how many next-Jordans have come and gone. Kobe's the only one who legitimately deserves the attention and respect because he's a winner, he's extremely talented, extremely driven and continues to get better. That combination alienates certain people who still cling to the NBA glory days when Jordan ruled the sports world (even if the real golden age of the NBA was the 80s, before expansion diluted the talent).

Lebron James doesn't have to face that type of scrutiny because he and Jordan have different games and never played at the same time. The people who love Lebron have allowed themselves to love Lebron because it does not cast a shadow on Jordan's legacy. Two different players, two different eras.

The bottom line is that people love MJ and hate Kobe because he is the one player on this earth who is capable of eclipsing MJ and isn't ashamed to go after it as his stated goal. He even lacked the sense to do it while MJ was still playing. That confidence (hubris) rubs people the wrong way.

Let's not forget though that Jordan was also hated for the same reasons. He wasn't a "team player" or a "winner" like Magic or Bird. At least not until he won. Winning is the only thing that can redeem Kobe.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
I don't like it -- too negative.

Thats the point.............bringing up the negative turns it into a positive marketing tool. It's true. Some people hate Kobe for certain reasons, and those same reasons are why we as fans love him.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
i think they're totally overdoing the whole "me against the haters" thing.

it's a little over the top now.

Yeah, because there have been so many other "me against the hater" commercials. :roll:

Exactly.. and there aren't very many people out there who hate Kobe..
Bystander
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

I like it, much better than those Lebrons sweet ads.
Bystander
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Kobe endorsement success always suffered because of his clean-cut guy image.
Do you think teens were more impressed with ads where Kobe shows on playground and played ball with kids or this one. It has certain appeal to teenager - nigilism, rebelios, I'm against the world spirit.
Nice job, Nike.
chinadoll
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

awesome! thanks OP!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerspride247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
who cares about stupid shoes?

And how might the game be without them, I ask? Thee of little shoe faith.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: