THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1657, 1658, 1659 ... 3677, 3678, 3679  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
My gut tells me he was murdered, but my head tells me that whatever happened, Barr will make this work politically for trump.

It is certainly a first instinct I had, but let's walk it through. There is no doubt that there are people who would benefit from taking Epstein out. So it comes down to how best to achieve that goal with the least amount of trouble and exposure.

Why would you need to attempt some super stealth method of staging a suicide when you don't need to?

Epstein apparently already attempted suicide. And people keep mentioning that in quotation marks as if that isn't a reality, but he never denied trying to kill himself. And if it was an actual attempt to murder him that failed, why would he just sit back and ignore that? If he really has enough to put people away and those people failed at taking him out, why would he just sit back and play along with the failed suicide scenario? He wouldn't. He'd realize that he was a target and then make a deal to save his ass and get put away in protective custody.

So we get back to the first suicide attempt being exactly that. So if you know he is suicidal, what better way to "take him out" than to simply remove the restrictions from him doing so and thus making it easy for him to do so. That is the ultimate no risk/high reward scenario.

But lets ignore that for a moment to consider other ones. If you wanted him dead in prison and you had the connections and power to take Epstein out, you wouldn't need to go to the effort to make it look like suicide. The guy was a pedophile and pedophiles are often targets of prison violence. You could very easily find a lifer with nothing to lose to take him out Whitey Bolger style. No one would question it really. Just another instance of "Prison justice".

If there was a conspiracy behind Epstein's death, it was likely one involving making it easier for him to kill himself. You know, by doing something like taking him off suicide watch.

Typically, the most logical explanation is the reality. And in this case, I don't see why there'd be any reason to think otherwise. It's easy and it's clean.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

The most disheartening part of the past 2 weekends is the predictability of the events.
Everyone saw Trump exciting violence with his rhetoric the past 4 years. It was just a matter of time till far right terrorists became successful. Even now, nobody thinks we've seen the end of it. Mark my words, the terrorists are coming for Democratic leaders next. I pray they aren't successful.

Epstein was another thing we all saw from a mile away.

My post from July 24

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein injured in New York federal jail: NBC News

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/24/jeffrey-epstein-injured-in-federal-jail-in-manhattan.html

Gotta protect this guy. Don't need any "accidents" to happen before he spills the beans on all his buddies.

The predictability of these things makes it that much more devastating when it happens. Makes you really feel powerless.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:28 am    Post subject:

As a reminder

William Barr's Father hired Epsteins for his first teaching position with the prestigious Dalton...

While googling.. check this weirdness out
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-dalton-teacher.html
Quote:
If Mr. Barr -Senior- caught students using marijuana, he would often send them to therapy as a condition of staying in the school. He himself described his leadership style as “by ukase,” using the Imperial Russian term for an edict from the czar.

Man.. when you look at his sentencing it is like a govt agent was being protected.. Yes.. I know that sounds kooky..

She was the victim in Jeffrey Epstein’s secret plea deal. She didn’t even know it
Updated March 20, 2019 11:36 AM
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article228148659.html <<if you click this link numb your mind first..lists his victims and then you read the last paragraph in my quote.. very weird..
Quote:
Palm Beach Circuit Court Judge Deborah Dale Pucillo, who presided, was given virtually no details about the crimes that Epstein committed — and that was intentional.

At Epstein’s sentencing, the judge asked Assistant State Attorney Lanna Belohlavek whether there was more than one victim. “There’s several,’’ Belohlavek replied.

“Are all the victims in both these cases in agreement with the terms of this deal?’’ Pucillo asked. “Yes,’’ Belohlavek said.

But emails and letters show that Assistant U.S. Attorney Marie Villafaña wanted state prosecutors to tell the judge as little as possible, telling Epstein’s lawyers “I would prefer not to highlight for the judge’’ how many victims were involved — which at the time was almost three dozen girls, ages 13 to 17.

Instead of being prosecuted for federal child sex trafficking crimes that could have sent him to prison for life, Epstein was inexplicably given federal immunity under an unusual agreement approved by then-Miami U.S. Attorney Alexander Acosta.

As part of the arrangement, Epstein agreed to plead guilty to charges in state court. His victims were never told about the plea deal until well after Epstein was quietly sentenced, serving 13 months in a private wing of the county jail — along with liberal work release privileges and a private valet who drove him to his office every day.

This article here.. really whitewashes the victims but I think it was because the State attorney wanted it that way
KINKY FINANCIER COPS PERV PLEA
By Samuel Goldsmith
July 1, 2008
https://nypost.com/2008/07/01/kinky-financier-cops-perv-plea/
Quote:
A newly released inmate from the Stockade – the jail where Epstein will live for the next 18 months – said he’s lucky not to be going to state prison.

“He’s probably better off here,” the man said. “If there’s someone who did something with kids or any sex crimes, they get f- – -ed up there. He probably would get killed over there for messing with a little girl.”
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/does-jeffrey-epstein-suicide-mean-160248257.html

"However, the ability to file civil suit is limited by the statute of limitations in an accuser’s state. While in New York, the recently signed Child Victims’ Act (CVA) means that anyone who was a victim of sexual abuse while they were a minor can file a civil suit against their abuser until they are 55 years old, in Florida the statute of limitations for a child sexual abuse claim is seven years until after the victim turns 18. For those who allege to have been abused by Epstein more than a decade ago, such as the victims cited in the criminal case (which concerned allegations spanning from 2002 to 2005), “it may be that they are just out of luck with civil suits against the estate,” says Levin."
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
I want a thorough investigation but people online are going with full Clinton derangement syndrome or Trump/AG Barr had him killed. I think we need to wait and see. I'm sure a lot or rich powerful men are relieved, but I don't think the entire investigation goes away just because Epstein is dead.

Quote:
Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
Southern District of New York

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Saturday, August 10, 2019

Statement Of Manhattan U.S. Attorney On The Death Of Defendant Jeffrey Epstein

Manhattan U.S. Attorney Geoffrey S. Berman said: “Earlier this morning, the Manhattan Correctional Center confirmed that Jeffrey Epstein, who faced charges brought by this Office of engaging in the sex trafficking of minors, had been found unresponsive in his cell and was pronounced dead shortly thereafter of an apparent suicide. Today’s events are disturbing, and we are deeply aware of their potential to present yet another hurdle to giving Epstein’s many victims their day in Court. To those brave young women who have already come forward and to the many others who have yet to do so, let me reiterate that we remain committed to standing for you, and our investigation of the conduct charged in the Indictment – which included a conspiracy count – remains ongoing.

We continue to urge anyone who feels they may be a victim or have information related to the conduct in this case to please contact 1-800- CALL FBI.”

link

The one thing I can just about guarantee WILL go away is any potentially damaging evidence against Trump. My gut tells me he was murdered, but my head tells me that whatever happened, Barr will make this work politically for trump.

I doubt he was murdered. I don't doubt that he was suicidal. He just tried to kill himself a couple of weeks ago. Find a way to get the guards to look away for an hour or so and the problem takes care of itself.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
White House proposal would have FCC and FTC police alleged social media censorship

If put into effect, the order would reflect a significant escalation by President Trump in his frequent attacks against social media companies over an alleged but unproven systemic bias against conservatives by technology platforms. And it could lead to a significant reinterpretation of a law that, its authors have insisted, was meant to give tech companies broad freedom to handle content as they see fit.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/09/tech/white-house-social-media-executive-order-fcc-ftc/index.html

Quote:
“If the internet is going to be presented as this egalitarian platform and most of Twitter is liberal cesspools of venom, then at least the president wants some fairness in the system,” the White House official said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/07/white-house-tech-censorship-1639051

Quote:
In practice, this executive order would mean that whichever political party is in power could dictate what speech is allowed on the Internet. If the government doesn't like the way a private company is moderating content, they can shut their entire website down.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/11/leaked-draft-trump-executive-order-censor-internet-denounced-dangerous
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
White House proposal would have FCC and FTC police alleged social media censorship

If put into effect, the order would reflect a significant escalation by President Trump in his frequent attacks against social media companies over an alleged but unproven systemic bias against conservatives by technology platforms. And it could lead to a significant reinterpretation of a law that, its authors have insisted, was meant to give tech companies broad freedom to handle content as they see fit.

It's funny, though not in the jocular, that the poor picked-on conservatives are attacked and discriminated by the media, academia, colleges, history, entertainment, Hollywood, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Jews, Muslims, women, young people, lawyers, teachers, unions, almost the entirety of the rest of the world, the fact checkers, AP, objectivity itself, the justice system, Facebook, Google, and now, all technology platforms.

Maybe the problem is not everyone and everything else.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
I want a thorough investigation but people online are going with full Clinton derangement syndrome or Trump/AG Barr had him killed. I think we need to wait and see. I'm sure a lot or rich powerful men are relieved, but I don't think the entire investigation goes away just because Epstein is dead.

Quote:
Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Manhattan U.S. Attorney Geoffrey S. Berman said: “Earlier this morning, the Manhattan Correctional Center confirmed that Jeffrey Epstein, who faced charges brought by this Office of engaging in the sex trafficking of minors, had been found unresponsive in his cell and was pronounced dead shortly thereafter of an apparent suicide. Today’s events are disturbing, and we are deeply aware of their potential to present yet another hurdle to giving Epstein’s many victims their day in Court. To those brave young women who have already come forward and to the many others who have yet to do so, let me reiterate that we remain committed to standing for you, and our investigation of the conduct charged in the Indictment – which included a conspiracy count – remains ongoing.

We continue to urge anyone who feels they may be a victim or have information related to the conduct in this case to please contact 1-800- CALL FBI.”

link

The one thing I can just about guarantee WILL go away is any potentially damaging evidence against Trump. My gut tells me he was murdered, but my head tells me that whatever happened, Barr will make this work politically for trump.

I doubt he was murdered. I don't doubt that he was suicidal. He just tried to kill himself a couple of weeks ago. Find a way to get the guards to look away for an hour or so and the problem takes care of itself.

Why would you doubt he was murdered (or that his first “attempt” wasn’t merely a botched murder) when this is the guy everyone knew going in was at the top of the people most likely to be murdered list?

I’m open to the idea that he did indeed commit suicide (and was even perhaps coerced into it in exchange for something), but to act like a guy who is a textbook case for let’s murder him and pretend it’s a suicide isn’t very possibly or even likely the victim of foul play just doesn’t add up to me.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Back a page are the links for a Wapo writer who said he said the first one was an attempted murder.....
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/status/1160205614783635458
Quote:
People close to Epstein fear he was murdered...as Epstein told authorities someone tried to kill him in a previous incident weeks earlier. He was described as being in good spirits in recent days...

Huh.....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Quote:
Why would you doubt he was murdered (or that his first “attempt” wasn’t merely a botched murder) when this is the guy everyone knew going in was at the top of the people most likely to be murdered list?

I’m open to the idea that he did indeed commit suicide (and was even perhaps coerced into it in exchange for something), but to act like a guy who is a textbook case for let’s murder him and pretend it’s a suicide isn’t very possibly or even likely the victim of foul play just doesn’t add up to me.

I agree with most of your post. I'm curious as to what the exchange for something could be?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Quote:

I agree with your post. I'm curious as to what the exchange for something could be?

Give some info and that person makes sure he clears suicide watch and is able to commit suicide

That assumes that person has some high level access..

Someone pulled strings to keep him off suicide watch and in housing where he will not be tended to..
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Seth Abrahmnson is pissed at himself.. he had inside info and didn't push it out yet and now dude is dead..

Says he has info Trump was at Epsteins house Christmas week 2017
and more

He was flouting that he had 18? billion to invest from someone unknown etc with oil money.. He is betting it was Bin Salmans money

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1160190380056485889
Quote:
EPSTEIN FACTS

1) He told a journalist that for years he and Trump were "best friends"
2) He told a journalist he underwrote Trump's purchase of Mar-a-Lago
3) An associate told a journalist that Trump *went to Epstein's home* on 12/24/17
4) There are signs he managed cash for MBS
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Legal folks...

If someone just committed suicide but there is a huge cloud of possibility it was a murder... and one of the people who could benefit from a dead Epstein is the POTUS.. POTUS doesn't recognize the travesty of justice in his death and express sorrow for the victims who will not gain closure...

He tweets a conspiracy theory blaming the suicide on a past president

A prosecutor would take that as beginning evidence? Why would this person do this.. try to deflect and project something that is a suicide? Did the president know it was not a suicide?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Seth Abrahmnson is pissed at himself.. he had inside info and didn't push it out yet and now dude is dead..

Says he has info Trump was at Epsteins house Christmas week 2017
and more

He was flouting that he had 18? billion to invest from someone unknown etc with oil money.. He is betting it was Bin Salmans money

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1160190380056485889
Quote:
EPSTEIN FACTS

1) He told a journalist that for years he and Trump were "best friends"
2) He told a journalist he underwrote Trump's purchase of Mar-a-Lago
3) An associate told a journalist that Trump *went to Epstein's home* on 12/24/17
4) There are signs he managed cash for MBS

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Why would you doubt he was murdered

I won't answer for HTP, but I will re-iterate what I said before. Why would you murder someone you don't have to murder since they will take care of it on their own, thus saving you the trouble and exposure?

Quote:
(or that his first “attempt” wasn’t merely a botched murder)when this is the guy everyone knew going in was at the top of the people most likely to be murdered list?

If the first attempt was a botched murder attempt, why would Epstein play along with the false narrative that it was a suicide attempt? It's his life on the line. If he didn't want to die and he knew he was a marked man, the first thing he would do would be to turn state's witness in an attempt keep himself alive by providing info.

I get why people are intrigued by the idea he was murdered, but it just doesn't logically compute when you think it all through.

Quote:

Dude, why would you expose yourself to a murder conspiracy when your intended target is willing to take himself out? All you have to do is have someone remove him from suicide watch. Which is exactly what happened

And if you want a pedophile murdered in prison, you don't need to stage some elaborate suicide. You just find a lifer to take him out as happens all the time.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Michael Baden observed the now completed autopsy. This whole thing reeks of foul play.

This is the first time I've ever heard of an autopsy done on a Sunday morning. But he's high profile, so I guess I get it. If only he got this much attention when he was alive.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Back a page are the links for a Wapo writer who said he said the first one was an attempted murder.....

OK.

So let's do the math.

Someone tried to murder Epstein in his cell and failed.

The injuries from the failed murder attempt are consistent with a failed suicide attempt, but let's ignore that.

That means the people behind the first murder attempt failed. So whoever this powerful entity is that has the ability to have someone murdered in their cell failed in miserable fashion, yet no one was able to detect the incompetent attempt and the intended victim just went along with the "failed suicide attempt" explanation even though there is ZERO motivation for him to do so.

And then suddenly, that same group that failed so miserably the first time was able to get their (bleep) together to stage a second suicide attempt with someone who was now well aware that they were going to be murdered, but willingly complied . . . because what the hell? why not?

Why would anyone think that was what happened versus the scenario where a guy who wanted to kill himself was provided the opportunity to do so BY INTENTIONALLY REMOVING THAT PERSON FROM SUICIDE WATCH.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Dr. Michael Baden observed the now completed autopsy. This whole thing reeks of foul play.

This is the first time I've ever heard of an autopsy done on a Sunday morning. But he's high profile, so I guess I get it. If only he got this much attention when he was alive.

The foul play is obvious. Someone who was suicidal was taken off suicide watch even though they shouldn't have been.

It makes absolute sense. That person then offs himself while people were intentionally not looking.

What does NOT make sense was that the victim of said foul play played along if he actually wanted to live. Which would have to be the case if the first suicide attempt was actually a failed murder attempt.

I'm baffled why people are clinging to such an elaborate scenario that doesn't compute when there is an answer that falls completely in line with logic.

At any rate, I'm done debating the details. Epstein is dead and there are certainly people who wanted him so. From now on, I'll leave arguing whether those people accomplished that goal through the absolutely hardest scenario versus whether they took the logically easier scenario to those who obviously have way more time to overthink things than I do.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Dr. Michael Baden is somehow familiar. Someone enlighten me.

Epstein’s cause of death still not official after autopsy: medical examiner

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

LINK

He's most known for working with OJ's defense team and on the 2nd JFK assassination investigation. His ties to Fox News and Lionel Media are troubling. But he'll work for anybody who hires him.
I actually value the work he did for the Michael Brown shooting. But the takeaway is. Whenever he's involved, there are heavy suspicions over the cause of death.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Trump has tried to poison the well of discussion by saying if there is any foul play look at the Clintons. Which is hilarious since Trump and his lackies have the means, motive, and opportunity to make sure Epstein never cooperated. Be it in court or direct communications with the media.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

LINK

He's most known for working with OJ's defense team and on the 2nd JFK assassination investigation. His ties to Fox News and Lionel Media are troubling. But he'll work for anybody who hires him.
I actually value the work he did for the Michael Brown shooting. But the takeaway is. Whenever he's involved, there are heavy suspicions over the cause of death.

Thanks for the shove kik saved me some googling. Michael Brown is most etched.

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

link

People like him are accustomed to getting away with whatever they want. Consequences aren't even in their vocabulary. Put someone like that in prison where their whole reality is destroyed and odds are they're not going to want to keep playing the game.

Up until a couple months ago his idea of repercussions was a year of sleeping in a not very nice place but otherwise being a free man. That was for raping a bunch of little girls.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Why would you doubt he was murdered

I won't answer for HTP, but I will re-iterate what I said before. Why would you murder someone you don't have to murder since they will take care of it on their own, thus saving you the trouble and exposure?

Quote:
(or that his first “attempt” wasn’t merely a botched murder)when this is the guy everyone knew going in was at the top of the people most likely to be murdered list?

If the first attempt was a botched murder attempt, why would Epstein play along with the false narrative that it was a suicide attempt? It's his life on the line. If he didn't want to die and he knew he was a marked man, the first thing he would do would be to turn state's witness in an attempt keep himself alive by providing info.

I get why people are intrigued by the idea he was murdered, but it just doesn't logically compute when you think it all through.

Quote:

Dude, why would you expose yourself to a murder conspiracy when your intended target is willing to take himself out? All you have to do is have someone remove him from suicide watch. Which is exactly what happened

And if you want a pedophile murdered in prison, you don't need to stage some elaborate suicide. You just find a lifer to take him out as happens all the time.

You’re mining the giant assumption that he was suicidal. Considering what he knew, and about whom, he didn’t even wait to negotiate cooperation or any other offer. A narcissist like him decided first thing to off himself?

But the bottom line here is that it’s possible, but it’s much more sure that he was a textbook murder subject.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1657, 1658, 1659 ... 3677, 3678, 3679  Next
Page 1658 of 3679
Jump to: