THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2314, 2315, 2316 ... 3683, 3684, 3685  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Apparently Trump's speech was a stinker last night. From reading reviews and watching a few clips, here's the summary -- it was written like a Stephen Miller 5th grade Nazi book report read off the teleprompter by someone who was reading it for the first time. He slurred and mispronounced words all the way through in that dead low-energy monotone he uses when he's trying to read. Plus he was probably sundowning. Embarrassing.

And in two weeks there will be a spike in COVID cases for many of the delusional idiots who sat through this without masks because Merica and Freedumb.

It was dull and divisive. I'm still having a hard time listening to it. I have it posted so I can go back to it now and again. I'll take time to force listen sometime today.

Trump spoke about the statues now being taken down. On that I issue, statues being removed have a place in American history and should be placed in a institution for remembrance. They're symbols of what not to do.

Yes remove them but don't forget them. They hold importance in the advancement of social evolution. They bear truth that is important. IMO they represent errors that forged paths to correctness.

I scanned the crowd. Very few wore masks and there was no social distancing. Melanie didn't wear a mask. She sat in close proximity to people not wearing masks. If she contracts COVID-19 (bleep) gonna hit the fan.

The idea that you need a statue anywhere in order to remember the lessons of history is ridiculous.

George Santayana

Those who do not know history's mistakes are doomed to repeat them

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Apparently Kanye forgot to take his meds today and thinks he's running for president in 2020.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Apparently Kanye forgot to take his meds today and thinks he's running for president in 2020.

He said that in 2015.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

He made that announcement in 2015.

This is from one hour ago:

Quote:
ye @kanyewest

1h
We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am running for president of the United States 🇺🇸! #2020VISION
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Kanye West wrote:

We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am running for president of the United States Flag of United States! #2020VISION
Jul 4, 2020ReplyRetweetFavorite

Kanye 2020
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
ye @kanyewest

1h
We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am running for president of the United States 🇺🇸! #2020VISION

This is from 2015

By
Elise Viebeck
Reporter
August 31, 2015 at 10:44 a.m. PDT

Kanye West said he’ll run for president in 2020. Here’s how political Twitter reacted.
LINK
Quote:

“I don’t know what I stand to lose after this, it don’t matter though, because it ain’t about me, it’s about new ideas, bro, new idea. People with ideas, people who believe in truth,” he said. “And yes, as you probably could have guessed by this moment, I have decided in 2020 to run for president.”

JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Kanye West 2024

Lol 😎

Kanye 2020
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
ye @kanyewest

1h

This is from 2015

By
Elise Viebeck
Reporter

Kanye West said he’ll run for president in 2020. Here’s how political Twitter reacted.
LINK
Quote:

“I don’t know what I stand to lose after this, it don’t matter though, because it ain’t about me, it’s about new ideas, bro, new idea. People with ideas, people who believe in truth,” he said. “And yes, as you probably could have guessed by this moment, I have decided in 2020 to run for president.”

Two different events. Something he said in 2015 but didn't act on would not be newsworthy. Making a new statement in 2020 is a current event.

Anyway it's too late for him to actually get on the ballot in most states which is why I said he's off his meds. He's a mentally unbalanced attention seeker who is very confused about many things.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
ye @kanyewest

1h

It's expected he has an album coming out. Just a publicity stunt.
But if he does run, I'm guessing Mos Def will be his choice for the head of the CIA.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
ye @kanyewest

1h

This is from 2015

By
Elise Viebeck
Reporter

LINK
Quote:

Two different events. Something he said in 2015 but didn't act on would not be newsworthy. Making a new statement in 2020 is a current event.

Anyway it's too late for him to actually get on the ballot in most states which is why I said he's off his meds. He's a mentally unbalanced attention seeker who is very confused about many things.

He's all you mentioned. He was probably off them at the MTV Video Music Awards when he made the statement. I don't think anyone took him seriously then, don't think they do now. It's Kandashian.

Quote:
A moment later, West seemed to admit he was high. “Y’all might be thinking right now, ‘I wonder, did he smoke something before he came out here?’ And the answer is yes, I rolled up a little something, I knocked the edge off.”

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:38 am    Post subject:

It takes ALOT to leave me speechless. This video left me speechless:

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:54 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
It takes ALOT to leave me speechless. This video left me speechless:

That colored woman reminded me of the Jacksonville woman.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:48 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
ye @kanyewest

1h

It's expected he has an album coming out. Just a publicity stunt.
But if he does run, I'm guessing Mos Def will be his choice for the head of the CIA.

Finally a good video of a first lady ...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject:

Okay, so Twitter peeps basically believe Kanye and Trump have orchestrated this so that Kanye plays the part of Jill Stein and pulls black votes away from Biden to depress the black vote. It at least seems plausible. And deplorable.

Quote:
Matt Rogers Studio @Politidope

Kanye is 'running for President' to help President Donald Trump -- who he supports by siphoning black votes.

Vote for @JoeBiden or you're voting for Trump
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

Filing deadlines have elapsed in most states, and black voters won't fall for it anyway.

Just another distraction, if it was indeed orchestrated by Trump.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Filing deadlines have elapsed in most states, and black voters won't fall for it anyway.

I have no doubt that Kanye's exploratory committee pointed out all of the logistical issues involved with launching a presidential campaign this close to the election and have drawn up a detailed game plan that will be meticulously executed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I have no doubt that Kanye's exploratory committee pointed out all of the logistical issues involved with launching a presidential campaign this close to the election and have drawn up a detailed game plan that will be meticulously executed.

Do you really believe West has a exploratory committee? rhetorical

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Who knows what's really going on? But I wouldn't put it passed them to concoct some social media campaign to direct black voters to "write-in" Kanye's name. Trump's only play is suppress any and all votes at the margins. That's how he won by 77,000 votes. He got 77,000 Democrats/Independents to sit home or throw their vote away on Jill Stein. I wouldn't be surprised if this is some replay strategy. On the other hand, it could just be Kanye being Kanye. But your point about black voters not falling for it is valid, I hope.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject:

I avoid West's politics and music.

They're both terrible.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject:

And he's golfing again -- 366th day spent at one of his properties. Laziest president ever.

Quote:
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Pool report: "The motorcade has arrived at Trump National Golf Club, in Sterling, Virginia ... As we drove up, your pooler saw a handful of protesters holding signs including one calling President Trump a 'HUGE FAILURE' and another calling on him to 'RESIGN.'"

Kudos to the protesters.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Apparently Trump's speech was a stinker last night. From reading reviews and watching a few clips, here's the summary -- it was written like a Stephen Miller 5th grade Nazi book report read off the teleprompter by someone who was reading it for the first time. He slurred and mispronounced words all the way through in that dead low-energy monotone he uses when he's trying to read. Plus he was probably sundowning. Embarrassing.

And in two weeks there will be a spike in COVID cases for many of the delusional idiots who sat through this without masks because Merica and Freedumb.

It was dull and divisive. I'm still having a hard time listening to it. I have it posted so I can go back to it now and again. I'll take time to force listen sometime today.

Trump spoke about the statues now being taken down. On that I issue, statues being removed have a place in American history and should be placed in a institution for remembrance. They're symbols of what not to do.

Yes remove them but don't forget them. They hold importance in the advancement of social evolution. They bear truth that is important. IMO they represent errors that forged paths to correctness.

I scanned the crowd. Very few wore masks and there was no social distancing. Melanie didn't wear a mask. She sat in close proximity to people not wearing masks. If she contracts COVID-19 (bleep) gonna hit the fan.

The idea that you need a statue anywhere in order to remember the lessons of history is ridiculous.

George Santayana

People know history through books, not voiceless chunks of marble and metal. A statue tells nothing about history
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Who knows what's really going on? But I wouldn't put it passed them to concoct some social media campaign to direct black voters to "write-in" Kanye's name. Trump's only play is suppress any and all votes at the margins. That's how he won by 77,000 votes. He got 77,000 Democrats/Independents to sit home or throw their vote away on Jill Stein. I wouldn't be surprised if this is some replay strategy. On the other hand, it could just be Kanye being Kanye. But your point about black voters not falling for it is valid, I hope.

It's actually a real problem. There are going to be people of who do exactly that, and not just black voters.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

If Biden loses, Kanye won't be the reason. He won't be on the ballot, those who would write in his name are the same people that write in Mickey Mouse, and those people wouldn't vote for Biden anyway.

What I fear more is foreign and domestic election interference that will convert Trump losses into Trump wins in closely contested states.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

Biden’s tax plan is quite progressive
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

Edited post

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

George Santayana

People know history through books, not voiceless chunks of marble and metal. A statue tells nothing about history

You're right because those books don't always pen the true nature of the statues.

Lee is revered. His true story needs to be told. He tried to overthrow the government. Thomas Jefferson is pictured as a great American. Glossed over, he had slave children and women.

This is just two of the many statues that should be retaught and institutionalized in posterity.

If you can elect yourself as the voice of the people so can I. I say statues are reminders. You don't erase history because it doesn't fit your narrative. Constant reminders are ways to cement.

People forget, some intentionally. Some because parts are not taught. To the younger generation some parts are unknown.

The reason these statues are being destroyed is because of what's untaught. I'm of the school they need to remain in some sort of museum for those curious. You don't destroy the damned only because it's evil, you learn from it.

I continue to edit;

Sunny Hostin: 'Think twice' before defending Washington, Roosevelt statues; we were taught 'revisionist history'

Did you know?

LINK

Quote:
"What we have been taught, what you have been taught, Joy, what I was taught, what Whoopi was taught, probably what Meghan was taught in our schools was revisionist history," Hostin said. "We weren't taught the real history. We were taught, you know, that George Washington freed his slaves. He wrote that in his will but he didn't free his slaves. He actually spent the last year of his life like relentlessly pursuing slaves that tried to run away. He was a horrible slaveowner. He owned hundreds of slaves at his death. We learned that he had wooden teeth. He didn't have wooden teeth. He had in his mouth the teeth of his slaves that he had pulled and make fake dentures. ... So why should there be a monument of George Washington because he was a terrible slaveowner while he was a founding father. This type of history was hidden from people and I only about it when I took African American history when I went to college."

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:10 pm; edited 5 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2314, 2315, 2316 ... 3683, 3684, 3685  Next
Page 2315 of 3685
Jump to: