THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3132, 3133, 3134 ... 3673, 3674, 3675  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:46 am    Post subject:

That poll shows that Demz ain't dumb, unlike Redumbicans.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject:

Cuomo harassed various women: Bam -- guilty!

Bye, creep.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
BREAKING:
Aug 3, 2021
11:15am EDT

Cuomo Sexually Harassed ‘Multiple Women’ In Violation Of State And Federal Law, NY Attorney General Finds

TOPLINE New York State Attorney General Letitia James on Tuesday announced the findings of a highly-anticipated, five-month investigation into Andrew Cuomo which she said found the Democratic governor guilty of sexually harassing “multiple women,” including employees in his office, in violation of state and federal law.

Forbes
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Elie Mystal @ElieNYC

I feel confident that this is an investigation that would not have happened under the three previous NYAGs before James: Eric Scheinderman, Andrew Cuomo, and Elliot Spitzer.

Can you imagine a Republican state attorney general faithfully investigating a Republican officer holder for sexual harassment... HAHA OF COURSE YOU CAN'T because Republicans DGAF about sexual harassment unless they can do some whataboutism

Bingo.

Quote:
When James is saying that "the work of the attorney general is done" what's she saying is that there are four options now:
* Cuomo resigns
* Cuomo is impeached
* District attorneys press criminal charges against Cuomo
* Victims bring civil charges against Cuomo

Not all of these are mutually exclusive, but, RESIGNATION is the first and best outcome.

Quote:
Elie Mystal @ElieNYC

The Cuomo response presser has the potential to be a top ten white male meltdown.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

he got the nursing home fiasco buried, they love him in NY. Should be interesting
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

Cuomo just went full Trump. He's totally innocent! He never ever touched anyone inappropriately! All the women are lying! It's a conspiracy to take him down! Wah, wah, wah. He's the real victim!

Classic perpetrator BS.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

Being a butthole transcends party, sometimes: Trump & Cuomo, sitting in a tree . . . h-a-r-a-s-s-i-n-g.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
When it comes to homelessness, I think one factor that both leads to it and prevents it from being improved is how much our society has demonized poor people for the last several decades.

All I hear and read from conservatives and libertarians about poor people is that they're lazy, morally bankrupt, deadbeats, drug addicts, stupid, etc. They think it's all their fault they're poor, and they act like anyone will get themselves out of poverty if they just try.

I grew up middle class, so I can't really relate, but later on I've found that life is different in poor America than it is in middle class white America. They have obstacles some of us didn't have. It ain't easy being poor, despite what Retardikkkans want us to believe.

If we want to alleviate, let alone get rid of the homelessness problem, why don't we start by being more compassionate towards poor people as a society?

Compassion is great. The late great Robin williams said ( i will butcher this)
"Instead of always helping them up, lets stop them from falling".

Affordable housing is a key factor. Newsome didnt have a plan as mayor, doesnt seem to have one as governor

garcetti (not 100% where bill stands) wants to ban homeless encampments in certain areas

He is just trying to "clean" the city up for 2028 Olympics.

Curious to see what happens now than eviction moratorium has expired. Biden doesnt want to seem to touch it. Supreme court threw it back to congress.

We got to point the fingers at someone if not fixed. Who?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Since this is a poll as opposed to CDC data, I'm putting this here instead of COVID thread. As of yesterday, I believe the US finally achieved 70% vaccinated with at least one shot.

Quote:
Ryan Struyk @ryanstruyk

Vaccinated Americans via new Monmouth poll:

92% Democrats
88% over 65 years
80% college grad
71% non-White
70% women
68% all Americans
67% White
65% men
63% under 35 years
62% no degree
59% independents
51% Republicans

Finally starting to bust a move now that they're the only people dying from the sh... and because now it's hitting a lot of 40 yr old beerbelly good ol boys and Capitol rioters instead of older people that they can just dismiss w/o a second thought. They allllllways have to be affected by something personally before they think about something the right way instead of the wholly selfish way. Yucks like Hannity trying to change up late in the game, tho that's better than never for a Fox yuck. I don't know why Repubs and/or Dems or anyone in general haven't appealed to the red state yucks that tinfoil hatters that they can just get the damn shots in private and don't effin tell their Q buddies or kinfolk that they did. Why are many of these people under the impression that people are gonna find about it? How hard is it to go to Walgreens (lemme restate that, Walgreens is hard to go to no matter what), but how hard is it to go to CVS twice ALONE and get the damn shots? They seem to think that's something that's not possible for them.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Cuomo just went full Trump. He's totally innocent! He never ever touched anyone inappropriately! All the women are lying! It's a conspiracy to take him down! Wah, wah, wah. He's the real victim!

Classic perpetrator BS.

If hes playing victim card at least we will find out specifics.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Are any of the women suspect... like that evil fat lady Tara Reade?

By Suspect I mean are their backgrounds clearly entangled enough with Cuomo for their allegations to be true?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Shooting on Bus Platform at... Pentagon
All spokespersons quiet about it..
But
Quote:
.Arlington Fire and EMS tweeted that they "did encounter multiple patients," while responding to an "active violence incident" in the area of the Pentagon Metro.

If it was a (bleep) MAGA then American humans as a whole are some of the most mentally deranged low iq zombies that ever existed

Police officer dies following shooting outside the Pentagon building, law enforcement sources say
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/08/03/politics/pentagon-shooting-lockdown/index.html

Quote:
CNN A police officer died Tuesday following a shooting outside the Pentagon building, according to three law enforcement sources.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I think Biden extending the eviction moratorium via executive order and forcing a court ruling could be effective political theater.

Quote:

Yamiche Alcindor
@Yamiche
CONFIRMED: President Biden is expected to announce a new federal eviction moratorium to replace the one that expired on Saturday — targeting counties with elevated rates of coronavirus infections, according to WH and Hill sources. It's expected to cover 90% of renters population.

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Since this is a poll as opposed to CDC data, I'm putting this here instead of COVID thread. As of yesterday, I believe the US finally achieved 70% vaccinated with at least one shot.

Quote:
Ryan Struyk @ryanstruyk

92% Democrats
88% over 65 years
80% college grad
71% non-White
70% women
68% all Americans
67% White
65% men
63% under 35 years
62% no degree
59% independents
51% Republicans

This is for anyone to answer, but do you know why would they group into "non-White" instead of separating per race there? I looked at the actual poll, it's that way. I don't generally look at the details of this kind of info, but is there a statistical or epidemiological reason/benefit for such a catchall grouping?
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Cuomo harassed various women: Bam -- guilty!

Bye, creep.

When you say "Bam" it happened months ago, no Bam. And the nursing home thing should have taken him out in and of itself and some reporter was reporting on that way back I think in spring 2020. Focusing on the harassment itself, it still was way too long, and who in republican or democratic national leadership or popular non-leaders even talked about it for a Governor who has such a big national profile. Way overdue. Glad Biden spoke out clearly today.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Ryan Struyk @ryanstruyk

92% Democrats
88% over 65 years
80% college grad
71% non-White
70% women
68% all Americans
67% White
65% men
63% under 35 years
62% no degree
59% independents
51% Republicans

This is for anyone to answer, but do you know why would they group into "non-White" instead of separating per race there? I looked at the actual poll, it's that way. I don't generally look at the details of this kind of info, but is there a statistical or epidemiological reason/benefit for such a catchall grouping?

It's a political poll not a science poll. So they can group people however they want.

In the underlying data they listed the demographics of the poll as:

63% White
12% Black
16% Hispanic
8% Asian/Other

link
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject:

This isnt only GOP a lot of dems arent too happy.

HuffPost snippet Gavin recall
National Democrats are growing increasingly anxious about the effort to oust California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D), urging voters in the deep blue state to get engaged ahead of the Sept. 14 recall election or risk a Republican taking office.

“It’s a big worry,” Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), who uses crowdsourced methods to help raise funds for Democratic candidates across the country, said of the race.

Several polls in recent days have shown recall supporters within striking distance of ousting the first-term governor, at least among voters who are considered most likely to cast a ballot. According to a survey conducted last week by the Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies, Newsom would defeat the recall by a narrow 3-point margin, with 50% of the most likely voters saying they would retain the governor versus 47% saying they would replace him.

Another poll conducted this week by Emerson College found the race to be in a statistical tie, with support for recall at 46% and opposition at 48%.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject:

If we, as CA Democrats, are dumb enough to not vote . . . to keep Newsom in office, we deserve whatever odious Republican takes his place.

Newsom 2021

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
If we, as CA Democrats, are dumb enough to not vote . . . to keep Newsom in office, we deserve whatever odious Republican takes his place.

Newsom 2021

unfortunately the options are worse, but we have to do better with candidates. Voting for the one whos the least worse is a problem.

If a rep gets in Im sure if he/she is trash they will be recalled.

There is a lot not to like about how gavin runs california but i cant imagine his opponents would be better .
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

It’s hilarious how based on almost every metric, Newsom does way better than DeSleaze from Florida.

Yet the GOP says it’s Newsom who did horribly. So F student beats out the B student because the F student is ‘cool’ or something.

Just insane stuff.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Ryan Struyk @ryanstruyk

92% Democrats
88% over 65 years
80% college grad
71% non-White
70% women
68% all Americans
67% White
65% men
63% under 35 years
62% no degree
59% independents
51% Republicans

It's a political poll not a science poll. So they can group people however they want.

In the underlying data they listed the demographics of the poll as:

63% White
12% Black
16% Hispanic
8% Asian/Other

link

All the more reason not to group into a unified "non-White" group. Wouldn't you want to know the breakdown, unless I suppose the numbers are similar across those groups. And also that it is well known that it is consistent across those groups. But just idly curious. On to figuring out why Team USA can't hit a 3 with some of the best shooters in history playing the Aussies.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
It’s hilarious how based on almost every metric, Newsom does way better than DeSleaze from Florida.

Yet the GOP says it’s Newsom who did horribly. So F student beats out the B student because the F student is ‘cool’ or something.

Just insane stuff.

and then we have supposed democrats who were shouting from the rooftops to Recall Newsom, only to regret their choice now with the terrible list of trash replacement candidates.
Insane stuff indeed.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
tlim wrote:

Just insane stuff.

and then we have supposed democrats who were shouting from the rooftops to Recall Newsom, only to regret their choice now with the terrible list of trash replacement candidates.
Insane stuff indeed.

Yep, it's the same mindless "both sides are bad!" madness that got us Donald Trump in the White House.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
tlim wrote:

Just insane stuff.

Insane stuff indeed.

i wont vote for recall. There still is that option. its sad that in a state like california we only manage to find candidates that are less bad.

I would rather govern Cali than be pres of US. why cant we find someone willing to make tough decisions and who doesnt mind ruffling feathers on either side.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

Newsom 2021

This recall is sponsored by repukelicans. It's an attempt to turn a traditionally BLUE state RED. Elections like these are the reason I'm a supporter of vote by mail. It would increase voter turnout and in many cases that favors democrats. I'm voting no on the recall and picking a democrat in case the recall wins. I'll vote for Dudley Do Right over any rep lican on the ballot.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3132, 3133, 3134 ... 3673, 3674, 3675  Next
Page 3133 of 3675
Jump to: