THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3183, 3184, 3185 ... 3673, 3674, 3675  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Not sure what to think of this..can he speak crazy trumpeze or will he have to try to be civil and honest?

Quote:
"It is hereby ordered…Donald J. Trump shall appear for a ^video^ deposition on October 15, 2021 at 10 a.m.," wrote New York State Supreme Court Judge Doris Gonzalez, ruling in favor of a group of Mexican human rights activists who sued Mr. Trump, his business, and his presidential campaign in 2015.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-ordered-to-testify-by-video-deposition-in-new-york-case-next-week/
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

[Newsom] has always shunned lower-income communities. That isn't even debatable, or secret.

Link? Source?

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Where do these people come from.. Why do South Park and Family Guy seem more like reality all the time.

Isn't there a saying about opening ones mouth and removing all doubt...

Quote:
Missouri Governor Mike Parson wants to prosecute a journalist who warned the state that a government website left school teachers and administrators' Social Security numbers exposed.

Parson called St Louis. Post-Dispatch reporter Josh Renaud a “hacker” and vowed to seek criminal prosecution at a press conference on Thursday. Renaud's "crime?" Clicking "view source" on a publicly available webpage.

“The state does not take this matter lightly,” Parson said, according to the Missouri Independent. “This administration is standing up against any and all perpetrators who attempt to steal personal information and harm Missourians.”

Parson said he referred the case to the Cole County Prosecutor and asked the Missouri State Highway Patrol to investigate as well.

On Wednesday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that a flaw in the state's Department of Elementary and Secondary Education left exposed the SSNs of the department employees, including teachers, administrators, and counselors. Renaud reported that the SSNs were visible simply by viewing the HTML source code of the vulnerable pages, something that anyone can do with two clicks on any modern browser.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jg8ynp/governor-wants-to-prosecute-journalist-who-clicked-view-source-on-government-site
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Not sure what to think of this..can he speak crazy trumpeze or will he have to try to be civil and honest?

Quote:
"It is hereby ordered…Donald J. Trump shall appear for a ^video^ deposition on October 15, 2021 at 10 a.m.," wrote New York State Supreme Court Judge Doris Gonzalez, ruling in favor of a group of Mexican human rights activists who sued Mr. Trump, his business, and his presidential campaign in 2015.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-ordered-to-testify-by-video-deposition-in-new-york-case-next-week/

Im sure his lawyers will do all the talking. I wish Rudy was his guy.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Halflife wrote:

[Newsom] has always shunned lower-income communities. That isn't even debatable, or secret.

Link? Source?

Yea, all the bills signed over the last month have really been to the benefit of the rich, especially that bill which will effectively eliminate sweatshops in this state.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Halflife wrote:
We know what’s going to happen. Cops will be called on landscapers, gardeners etc.

That will be the next iteration of Karen

Well, I think it's just the sale of them. So guys are just going to carry around their old ones or repair those. (Or just buy battery powered ones, maybe, if those hold up all day.)

Actually, they will just buy them out of state.

There was a law maybe still is where you cant use a blower before 7-8 am. I think. This feels like one of those laws where one of newsomes out of touch rich friends got woken up one morning and threatened to pull his money if something wasn't done.

How you conflate a law based on lowering emissions to California's wealthy elite calling Newsome over noise is beyond reason.

it was a bit tongue in cheek but is this really the law to make a dent?

he finally relaxed zone 1 laws for building. That's a huge relief for me, but basically what he did was allow bigger properties, to accommodate more people, to consume more local resources initially made for smaller dwelling communities. Wheres the outcry about the stress on the environment there?

This blower law like the gas tax hurts the lower-income communities.
I too have a battery-powered leaf blower I use for gutters, My gardener and the like will be affected, just like the gas tax.

It is what it is, but to buy that its for the environment is hilarious.

What's hilarious is how you are evading the point by bringing up zoning laws etc. that have nothing to do with what we are discussing here.

So if a law aimed at lowering emissions has nothing to do with the environment, what is it you think it is about? Because you are clearly implying that it is a conscious effort by Newsom to harm lower income people and communities, which makes no sense.

First off the obscurity of this is ridiculous.
2nd- Do you know Newsome's history? Pre Governor? and now Gov?

He has always shunned lower-income communities. That isn't even debatable, or secret. So do I think it was conscious? I don't know, but it certainly is out of touch.

I do know Newsom's history, and it's not what you describe. I defy you to provide evidence for the claim that he has always shunned lower income communities. One of the reasons he has always been targeted by the Right (and those who claim to be on the Left, but really act like "independents" by ranting against taxes and government interference until that "interference" benefits them personally) is because he has taken a very left leaning stance on things like workers rights, living wages etc. Wealthy conservatives HATE Newsom. Which is why they tried to recall him.

Quote:
The first point in regards to lowering emissions and why I brought up zoning is because the harm those zoning laws do to a state suffering a drought and the toll development takes on the environment make leaf blowers insignificant.

Thats out of touch.

I don't know what you believe the new Zone 1 regulations allow. But it's not what you claim. I'm guessing you mistakenly believe that it somehow opens the floodgates for an increase in population, and thus an increase of water use. So again, I would love to see some evidence for this claim. You throw out a lot of claims, but I really don't recall any instances where you have provided actual factual evidence instead of anecdotal claims.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject:

Lol

https://imgur.com/gallery/CRkbAlX
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Lol

I saw that yesterday. I almost uploaded the image here. IT'S A FASCIST CULT.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

Not The Onion:

Texas school official says classrooms with books on Holocaust must offer ‘opposing’ views

A Texas school district official told educators if they kept books about the Holocaust in their classrooms, they would have to also offer “opposing” viewpoints in order to comply with a new state law.

In an audio clip obtained by NBC News, Gina Peddy, the executive director of curriculum and instruction for Carroll independent school district in Southlake, offered the guidance to teachers during a training on which books teachers can keep in classroom libraries.

The training came after the Carroll school board had reprimanded a fourth-grade teacher after parents complained about a book on anti-racism in her class. And it followed the passage of a new Texas law that requires teachers who discuss “widely debated and currently controversial issues of public policy or social affairs” to examine the issues from diverse viewpoints without giving “deference to any one perspective”.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Not The Onion:

Texas school official says classrooms with books on Holocaust must offer ‘opposing’ views

A Texas school district official told educators if they kept books about the Holocaust in their classrooms, they would have to also offer “opposing” viewpoints in order to comply with a new state law.

. . . a new Texas law that requires teachers who discuss “widely debated and currently controversial issues of public policy or social affairs” to examine the issues from diverse viewpoints without giving “deference to any one perspective”.

Stuff like that leads me to believe this country is effed . . . at the very least those backward parts of this country. Then again, those parts tend to hurt the rest of us, too.

The empire is toppling.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
governator wrote:
Lol

It’s so unreal but it is
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
governator wrote:
Lol

It’s so unreal but it is

This woman is an expert on authoritarians and this is representative of what many historians have concluded:

Quote:
Ruth Ben-Ghiat @ruthbenghiat

Trump is radicalizing as many people as possible. He is building a citizen army for a Fascist-style assault on democracy.

He and GOP aren't even hiding it.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Active crime scene

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-bidens-washington/the-trump-presidency-is-still-an-active-crime-scene?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=onsite-share&utm_brand=the-new-yorker&utm_social-type=earned
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Democrats' clean energy program will likely be cut from massive budget bill

Quote:
The Clean Electricity Performance Program, the cornerstone climate policy in Democrats' massive social safety net package, will likely be dropped from the final budget deal after pushback from Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, three congressional sources told CNN.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Joe Manchin.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
(bleep) Joe Manchin.

He and Sinema raise my blood pressure more than anything else in my life.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Also not The Onion:

Pro-Trump candidate suggests taking all boats out of the water to lower sea levels

A Republican state legislative candidate in Virginia is being mocked on Twitter for suggesting an unscientific potential solution to rising sea levels.

“I’m curious, do you think the sea level would lower, if we just took all the boats out of the water? Just a thought, not a statement," said Scott Pio, as he shared an image of the Pacific Ocean swarming with thousands of icons seemingly representing boats. The tweet has since been deleted.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject:

I hate Sinema and Manchin more than Mitch. I mean Mitch gonna Mitch. We all know that. Mitch is a complete (bleep) that is destroying progress in this country, but he’s a known quantity. Sinema and Manchin are ostensibly Democrats and are supposed to be helping Biden and the party’s agenda not attempting to destroy it like Mitch.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
I hate Sinema and Manchin more than Mitch. I mean Mitch gonna Mitch. We all know that. Mitch is a complete (bleep) that is destroying progress in this country, but he’s a known quantity. Sinema and Manchin are ostensibly Democrats and are supposed to be helping Biden and the party’s agenda not attempting to destroy it like Mitch.

They're all tied for last place in my book. I struggle to put anybody worse than Mitch.
But I will say. By claiming D Manchin and Sinema are hurting the Democratic party in ways Republicans never could. And the only thing worse than the potential short term damage. Is the potential long term damage.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

Sinema and Manchin, Dems delim. Seems every time Democrats have a chance to make a change someone in the party becomes a cog. What bothers me is Biden will be blamed for Sinema and Manchin's failure to get on board.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

Time for the daily reminder that subpoenas mean nothing if they are not enforced.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Time for the daily reminder that subpoenas mean nothing if they are not enforced.

Let the church say AMEN!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

You do realize that the committee’s first order of business is referring Bannon to the DOJ for criminal contempt, which will be the first time they are in session since said contempt transpired? And that it will be put to a full house vote shortly thereafter?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

You do realize that the committee’s first order of business is referring Bannon to the DOJ for criminal contempt, which will be the first time they are in session since said contempt transpired? And that it will be put to a full house vote shortly thereafter?

I've spent the last nine and a half months watching this all play out, and traditional procedural matters in all instances have been totally obliterated by partisan politics and obstruction. There's no reason to think this will be any different. As I'm sure you've realized over that time and prior, the rule of law and procedural decency have been relegated the land of obsolescence. If you want to believe there's going to be a return any kind of normalcy regarding how this whole insurrection/GOP power grab goes, more power to you. But I've been around long enough to realize that anything we have previously been able to count on no longer is in play.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

I get you in general, but not sure what you’re looking for here that hasn’t been done yet. It looks like they actually are going to go after these people for contempt. Are you implying that they aren’t going to or that there is some other mysterious remedy that they should be pursuing?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3183, 3184, 3185 ... 3673, 3674, 3675  Next
Page 3184 of 3675
Jump to: