THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3663, 3664, 3665 ... 3679, 3680, 3681  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:51 pm    Post subject:

President Biden is doing well at fundraising. That money will help get his message across. If he does something about Israel he should be a shoo-in for President.

Something I think might be overlooked is that Trump didn't need much money to defeat Hillary Clinton.

POLITICS
Obama, Clinton and big-name entertainers help Biden raise a record $26 million for his reelection
BY CHRIS MEGERIAN AND COLLEEN LONG
Updated 8:49 AM PDT, March 29, 2024

Quote:

Obama and Clinton were helping Biden expand his already significant cash advantage over Trump. Biden had $155 million in cash on hand through the end of February, compared with $37 million for Trump and his Save America political action committee.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:29 pm    Post subject:

The Right has gone from freaking out about pronouns to being terrified by prefixes:

Quote:
r/Teachers

7 days ago

Had a parent get upset over a “trans” field trip

Humor

I am an English teacher and my colleagues and I are planning on bringing our 11th grade students on a field trip later this year. Today another English teacher got an angry email from a parent saying that they could not believe we were bringing our students on a field trip where they would “learn about being trans.”

The field trip they were talking about? We are a New England based high school currently teaching about Henry David Thoreau. We are planning on taking our students to Walden Pond to learn about his writing. He was a transcendentalist. This parent heard a word that had “trans” in it and freaked out.

Tagged humor because if I don’t laugh I’ll cry!

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:38 pm    Post subject:

You're on a 4 person raft in freezing cold weather. It overturns. You are the only person who gets back on board. And there is 1 buoy you can throw out. Who do you throw it to?

1) Trump
2) Mitch McConnell
3) Cheaney
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
You're on a 4 person raft in freezing cold weather. It overturns. You are the only person who gets back on board. And there is 1 buoy you can throw out. Who do you throw it to?

1) Trump
2) Mitch McConnell
3) Cheaney

LOL! Like I would have allowed them to share the raft in the first place.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject:

This is such a difficult choice, especially if you're an evangelical Christian, right?

Quote:
President Biden @POTUS

Happy Easter, America.

May God bless and keep each and every one of you.

Quote:
President Biden /@POTUS

Jill and I send our warmest wishes to Christians around the world celebrating the power of hope and the promise of Christ’s Resurrection this Easter Sunday.

Quote:
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski

Easter morning, Trump made separate posts attacking Gallagher, Biden, Engoron, & Jon Stewart, 6 posts about poll numbers, 2 about endorsements he got, an article claiming Russia collusion was a hoax, an article about his retribution, & attacked “radical leftists.” He has risen!

Happy Easter!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

1) Trump
2) Mitch McConnell
3) Cheaney

I keep it and row for shore.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:55 am    Post subject:

I still can't believe people will vote for someone this unhinged.

Quote:
Donald J. Trump Posts From His Truth Social @TrumpDailyPosts

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL, INCLUDING CROOKED AND CORRUPT PROSECUTORS AND JUDGES THAT ARE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO INTERFERE WITH THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2024, AND PUT ME IN PRISON, INCLUDING THOSE MANY PEOPLE THAT I COMPLETELY & TOTALLY DESPISE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO DESTROY AMERICA, A NOW FAILING NATION, LIKE “DERANGED” JACK SMITH, WHO IS EVIL AND “SICK,” MRS. FANI “FAUNI” WADE, WHO SAID SHE HARDLY KNEW THE “SPECIAL” PROSECUTOR, ONLY TO FIND THAT HE SPENT YEARS “LOVING” HER, LONG BEFORE THE GEORGIA PERSECUTION OF PRESIDENT TRUMP BEGAN (AND THEREBY MAKING THE CASE AGAINST ME NULL, VOID, AND ILLEGAL!), AND LAZY ON VIOLENT CRIME ALVIN BRAGG WHO, WITH CROOKED JOE’S DOJ THUGS, UNFAIRLY WORKING IN THE D.A.’s OFFICE, ILLEGALLY INDICTED ME ON A CASE HE NEVER WANTED TO BRING AND VIRTUALLY ALL LEGAL SCHOLARS SAY IS A CASE THAT SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT, IS BREAKING THE LAW IN DOING SO (POMERANTZ!), WAS TURNED DOWN BY ALL OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES, AND IS NOT A CRIME. HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Why isn't the gag order being enforced

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:02 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL, INCLUDING CROOKED AND CORRUPT PROSECUTORS AND JUDGES THAT ARE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO INTERFERE WITH THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2024, AND PUT ME IN PRISON, INCLUDING THOSE MANY PEOPLE THAT I COMPLETELY & TOTALLY DESPISE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO DESTROY AMERICA, A NOW FAILING NATION, LIKE “DERANGED” JACK SMITH, WHO IS EVIL AND “SICK,” MRS. FANI “FAUNI” WADE, WHO SAID SHE HARDLY KNEW THE “SPECIAL” PROSECUTOR, ONLY TO FIND THAT HE SPENT YEARS “LOVING” HER, LONG BEFORE THE GEORGIA PERSECUTION OF PRESIDENT TRUMP BEGAN (AND THEREBY MAKING THE CASE AGAINST ME NULL, VOID, AND ILLEGAL!), AND LAZY ON VIOLENT CRIME ALVIN BRAGG WHO, WITH CROOKED JOE’S DOJ THUGS, UNFAIRLY WORKING IN THE D.A.’s OFFICE, ILLEGALLY INDICTED ME ON A CASE HE NEVER WANTED TO BRING AND VIRTUALLY ALL LEGAL SCHOLARS SAY IS A CASE THAT SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT, IS BREAKING THE LAW IN DOING SO (POMERANTZ!), WAS TURNED DOWN BY ALL OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES, AND IS NOT A CRIME. HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Just a complete and total (bleep). Someone you wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. I can only imagine what Hunter S Thompson would have had to say about Trump were he still alive.

Quote:
Richard Nixon was an evil man - evil in a way that only those who believe in the physical reality of the Devil can understand it. He was utterly without ethics or morals or any bedrock sense of decency.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:09 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Just a complete and total (bleep). Someone you wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. I can only imagine what Hunter S Thompson would have had to say about Trump were he still alive.

Quote:
Richard Nixon was an evil man - evil in a way that only those who believe in the physical reality of the Devil can understand it. He was utterly without ethics or morals or any bedrock sense of decency.

We can talk about the people who vote for him, but the real issue is the people in power in the GOP and the judicial system who allow him to continue on without any true accountability; that HST quote applies to them as well.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:02 pm    Post subject:

The Biden team quoted Trump's tweet above with this response:

Quote:
Biden-Harris HQ @ BidenHQ

A feeble and confused Trump spends the Easter holiday spewing an unhinged all-caps tirade attacking America and talking about himself

They are doing this partly to highlight his craziness, but also to troll and goad him into even further lunacy. They are trying to drive him over the edge.

The golf tweet was for the same reason.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:39 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The Biden team quoted Trump's tweet above with this response:

Quote:
Biden-Harris HQ _at_ BidenHQ

A feeble and confused Trump spends the Easter holiday spewing an unhinged all-caps tirade attacking America and talking about himself

They are doing this partly to highlight his craziness, but also to troll and goad him into even further lunacy. They are trying to drive him over the edge.

The golf tweet was for the same reason.

I love the fact they're trying to drive Trump over the edge. Trump's narcissism and vanity are his weaknesses, and they most be exploited if we're going to hold on to the WH and regain both houses of Congress.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject:

DJT stock tanks.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-media-stock-tanks-as-new-filing-reveals-heavy-losses-greater-risks-on-trumps-involvement-164313322.html
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
DJT stock tanks.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-media-stock-tanks-as-new-filing-reveals-heavy-losses-greater-risks-on-trumps-involvement-164313322.html

The whole thing was a pump and dump scheme for Trump to steal more money from the rubes. As much as the shares have fallen, they still have the rubes' money infusion. Last year they had $4M in revenue but $50M in losses. Now they have $300M cash from the rubes no matter what the stock does, even if Trump takes a "paper" bath on his shares. Like everything Trump ever did, it's a con where he will leave other people holding the bag while he walks away with his share and experiences no negative consequences.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:09 pm    Post subject:

NBC: Biden's latest campaign strategy: Get under Trump's skin

Quote:
As President Joe Biden works to defeat Donald Trump, he’s increasingly focused on another goal he thinks will help him achieve that: getting under his skin.

In recent weeks, both in private and public settings, Biden has ramped up personal, biting and often sarcastic broadsides against his Republican opponent, targeting his financial challenges, his campaign tempo and even his weight.

It’s a strategy largely driven by Biden himself, according to multiple aides and advisers familiar with the approach.

“This is him, and we’re following his lead,” one Biden aide said. “There’s just something about Joe Biden that gets under Donald Trump’s skin more than anybody, and I think Joe Biden knows that.”

If you think back to all the Republican challengers who tried to go back at him -- none of them broke through. Hillary mostly took the high road and when she called him a Russian asset for real (not as a joke), it didn't break through. But there's something about the way Biden does it that both works for him and gets through to Trump's ego. The only other person who publicly ridiculed Trump so effectively was Obama at the White House Correspondent's Dinner.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Adam Klasfeld @KlasfeldReports

Breaking

The Manhattan DA tells the judge that Trump's "dangerous, violent, and reprehensible rhetoric fundamentally threatens the integrity of these proceedings," in a new filing urging him to expand the gag order.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Abortion will be on the ballot in Florida this November:

Quote:
Mark Joseph Stern @mjs_DC

NEW: The Florida Supreme Court simultaneously UPHOLDS the state's 15-week abortion ban (which lets the six-week ban take effect, too)—but also APPROVES a ballot initiative that would amend the FL constitution to protect abortion.

Quote:
Simon Rosenberg @SimonWDC

Republicans in Florida are going to be defending a six week abortion ban this November. It polls in the low 20s.

Also on the ballot -- legalized pot.

Quote:
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida voters can decide in November whether to protect abortion rights and legalize recreational marijuana, court says.

It's the culture wars again except this time the liberals have the momentum.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:29 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

NEW: The Florida Supreme Court simultaneously UPHOLDS the state's 15-week abortion ban (which lets the six-week ban take effect, too)—but also APPROVES a ballot initiative that would amend the FL constitution to protect abortion.

Quote:

Republicans in Florida are going to be defending a six week abortion ban this November. It polls in the low 20s.

Yes!!! I sent petitions for me, my wife and my mother-in-law last year for this. So glad it made it!

Recreational marijuana will also be on the ballot.

I think (hope) both will pass. Unfortunately just like the time we gave people who had served their time the right to vote back, republicans will find a way to (bleep) with it. Guaranteed.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I am curious why the judge is not throwing Trump in jail for making threats to both he and his daughter.

How is that legal?

How is that okay?

Why is it that Trump is so far above the law?

He literally can say or do whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

This is not ok.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Trump will thumb his nose at the expanded gag order as he has done with all such orders. Until a judge holds him accountable he'll continue on the same path.

Judge expands gag order in Trump civil fraud case

MSNBC
6.61M subscribers

LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:27 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes!!! I sent petitions for me, my wife and my mother-in-law last year for this. So glad it made it!

Recreational marijuana will also be on the ballot.

I think (hope) both will pass. Unfortunately just like the time we gave people who had served their time the right to vote back, republicans will find a way to (bleep) with it. Guaranteed.

I have a friend who just got out of the hospital for smoking so much blue. He has asthma. If he smokes for the high I'm trying to convince him to go to a cannabis shop and get some cookies, gummies, or some other organic to achieve the high without doing further to his lungs.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Wow.

Quote:
BREAKING: RFK Jr., just now on CNN, says Biden is a worse threat to democracy than Trump.

He exists only to help Trump win.

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1774943068476579985?t=e1Ml5bDbSqiisLoj6TklWQ&s=19
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Time to investigate his funding sources
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:53 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Wow.

Quote:
BREAKING: RFK Jr., just now on CNN, says Biden is a worse threat to democracy than Trump.

He exists only to help Trump win.

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1774943068476579985?t=e1Ml5bDbSqiisLoj6TklWQ&s=19

JFK must be turning over in his grave. SMH The Kennedy family is coming to Bidens defense. I wonder what's wrong with Jr.?

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:37 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Time to investigate his funding sources

It is, but it's beyond pointless to do so at this point; nothing will come of it. Few people in a position to hold him and his accomplices accountable really care about doing so, and those in that tiny minority will only be shutdown by the rest.

It's time to stop expecting the system to what it should and just do what we can: vote and work towards making like minded people to do the same in the regions that actually make a difference.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3663, 3664, 3665 ... 3679, 3680, 3681  Next
Page 3664 of 3681
Jump to: