The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2086, 2087, 2088 ... 2096, 2097, 2098  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I’m not trying to blame everything on Lebron? But if he gets swept 3 times in a row by the same team, ain’t no way Jeanie can give him a statue outside of crypto right?

Right?

Idk about giving him a statue…. But if they were going to give him one, it’s for winning a title. What’s been accomplished is far more important than what hasn’t.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:49 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
I think the NBA is a copycat league. Everyone coach is mike D’antoni, every guard gotta be the next curry, harden. Gianis is just a bigger lebron, and Tatum is just Kobe/jordan. Having superstars is overrated to me.

Lakers need to think for themselves. Go find a real coach, with a real system, and build round that coach. Instead of looking for the next big thing in every draft go find players that fit your coaches system.

You can also find a player that is dominant no matter what the direction of the NBA is headed and be a trend setter. Force the league to bad just to what you are doing.

Draft that huge kid from Purdue and put him in a position to win. Go find players that suit his game and keep dumping it in to him. I bet the rest of the league start drafting huge bodies cuz you gotta deal with that.

I think Denver is great because they recognized jokers skillset and decided to build around him no matter what everyone else in the league was doing. They got him a coach, and the rest is history. Joker skillset would have been wasted by most teams and coaches. He already wasn’t recognized in the draft which is why he went second round.

Nobody thinks for themselves anymore which is why Eady will be there in the second round. Dont matter who you get as a coach with lebron cuz he’s gonna do what he wants. Blow this ish up and start over with a plan.

Go out and draft fundamentally sound, two way players with energy no matter what their age is. Btw there are also so many misses in the nba draft because everyone is trying to find the next big thing and drafting on potential lol 😂 go find players that are already proven!

Sorry for the rant 😅

There is a lot of truth here. The Lakers specifically haven’t had a plan since Jerry West was forced out. Mitch lived off of JW legacy (Kobe + Gasol, who he got from the Shaq trade pieces) and then fell apart when those pieces aged out.

Rob has been OK to be honest, but the entire RW thing has put a giant cloud over his tenure. His plans have also been ultra short term. Nothing sustainable. I would argue that’s the LeBron effect though.

Robs tenure is fully clouded by the LeBron effect. Short term win now and surround LBJ with whatever he wants is how it's always been.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Game 3 shows why LeBron isn't even close to being the GOAT. He never took charge and put his imprint on the game. He could've done so when the tide started turning, and he could've made sure we won, even if it had been ugly.

Before any of you make excuses for him and say he's "old," he's been doing this for his whole career. He's so hot and cold in high-leverage situations. He's been disappointing me for like 15 years, and because of that, I just have a love-hate attitude with him.

I want LeBron to stay with the Lakers because I know the alternative would be much, much worse. But it amazes me that a whole legion of fans still think he's the GOAT and keep making excuses for him.

Make no mistake: he's an incredible, incredible player and has the greatest longevity of any NBA player ever. But he isn't nearly as great as some act like he is, and it has always disappointed me that he isn't made of the same stuff as Jordan or Kobe.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Itsowheeze wrote:
I think the team is constructed wrong. It is built around Lebron instead of AD and that is the main issue that we are witnessing. If the team was built around AD we would have a real center next to him along with athleticism in the back court. With lebron all we have is scoring in the back court and no defense or athleticism. UGH

100% this

That's probably a better team than what we have now.
But you ain't winning chips with a big as your #1 unless the big:
*Play-makes and averages 5+ assists per game
*Shoots 35+ or better from 3
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:54 pm    Post subject:

He is done. Maybe 3rd player on championship team..

Hope he gtfo
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Bron is no longer Bron... I think we are seeing his decline now... But he just don't have that extra gear anymore in the playoffs.

Thought it was the injury last year but yea time to face the music.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I’m not trying to blame everything on Lebron? But if he gets swept 3 times in a row by the same team, ain’t no way Jeanie can give him a statue outside of crypto right?

Right?

Statue? Ain't no way the organization is dumb enough to give him a statue. Robert Horry and Derek Fisher deserve statues over Bron.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Next season he’ll be 40, he has no business being one of the 2 best players on a professional basketball team.

He needs to be a super role player and bring his minutes way down. But can we afford to pay him for what his downgraded role should be?
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:03 pm    Post subject:

47.61 million USD
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Dude needs to win gold at the olympics and call it a career. His legacy is what it is...chasing 1 more chip won't change anything.

Last edited by romanaztec on Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Good luck in the Olympics
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 pm    Post subject:

LeGramps. Time to retire.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Please leave.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:17 pm    Post subject:

More than happy to S&T him to the Cavs for the final chapter in a legendary career.

Cavs can work with the Lakers on a contract for LBJ that matches either Garland's or Spiderman's so we don't have to take back filler.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Next season he’ll be 40, he has no business being one of the 2 best players on a professional basketball team.

He needs to be a super role player and bring his minutes way down. But can we afford to pay him for what his downgraded role should be?

For this team to contend Ham needs to be replaced and more talent needs to be brought in. That could happen if LeBron wants to play for less to improve the team. Not sure how they can bring in enough talent if he's maxed.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject:

@Bron2AD @miggz23 I don't think LeBron is done physically. I think he could have one or two more very good years left in him. But we need an attacking guard who can score, facilitate and create pace so that LeBron won't be our only player who can do those things.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:24 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
@Bron2AD @miggz23 I don't think LeBron is done physically. I think he could have one or two more very good years left in him. But we need an attacking guard who can score, facilitate and create pace so that LeBron won't be our only player who can do those things.

There was a reason some of us was lobbying for Kyrie when he was available...

Lebron is still very good but like most all time greats. Just sucks watching them decline. Lebron is just doing it slower.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

There was a reason some of us was lobbying for Kyrie when he was available...

Lebron is still very good but like most all time greats. Just sucks watching them decline. Lebron is just doing it slower.

Yeah someone like Kyrie (but maybe not Kyrie himself because of the cost) would be very helpful. Get a guy like that and limit LeBron to 32 minutes a game during the regular season, and he would look a lot better during the playoffs.

I feel like the reason LeBron has looked "old" in this series is emotional. When he feels like his team doesn't have a great chance to win, he gets passive and doesn't turn his game up. It's been his MO for as long as I can remember.
derek94
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm    Post subject:

James would thrive on a team like Denver or Milwaukee where he could be that big time contributor behind the two main anchors
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject:

GS worked out a S&T for KD... Lebron and the Lakers can do each other a solid. But I suspect he's not all about the chip now. I think he's settled in LA, and I think he would still prefer to re-up.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
22 wrote:

Right?

Idk about giving him a statue…. But if they were going to give him one, it’s for winning a title. What’s been accomplished is far more important than what hasn’t.

If LeBron gets a statue outside of Staples it'll be the most fraudulent recognition ever. Jersey retired? Sure. Statue? Hell no! Wilt doesn't have one either and he too won a championship, except it was a normal full season, not a condensed bubble ring, and they set a record for most wins in a row that still stands.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
GS worked out a S&T for KD... Lebron and the Lakers can do each other a solid. But I suspect he's not all about the chip now. I think he's settled in LA, and I think he would still prefer to re-up.

Ya he ain’t leaving. I’m sure he’d love to win but being in LA with his family takes priority over that.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:34 pm    Post subject:

derek94 wrote:
James would thrive on a team like Denver or Milwaukee where he could be that big time contributor behind the two main anchors

That may be true but there's no way a player of his stature goes ring chasing to another team as a third option.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

If LeBron stays with the Lakers but he doesn't really care about winning another chip then shame on him. Even more proof that he's not the GOAT.

Again, I want him to stay because I want us to get another chip out of him. But if he's not about getting another chip, then that's just bad leadership.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
derek94 wrote:

That may be true but there's no way a player of his stature goes ring chasing to another team as a third option.

Yeap. He'll also want complete control of the FO and all personnel decisions. That rules out contending teams like Denver, Boston, Minny, NYK, Mil, etc, and he's obviously blacklisted from the Heat. The only team he'll go to is one that he can control and then gut for his banana boat friends.

I'd put my money on the Nets, Blazers, Wizards or Hornets trying to get him, because they are run by incompetent and terrible GMs. Warriors are a wild card because their big 3 are pretty much done, so maybe a deal with Klay happens.

Last edited by Denny_Russo on Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2086, 2087, 2088 ... 2096, 2097, 2098  Next
Page 2087 of 2098
Jump to: