The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2090, 2091, 2092 ... 2098, 2099, 2100  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 pm    Post subject:

I doubt Jeanie and Rob will fire Darvin this offseason. This should have been the last straw though.

Lebron gassed and they should have trusted him blindly. Could have cost us the game.
Work Smarter Not Harder.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
I doubt Jeanie and Rob will fire Darvin this offseason. This should have been the last straw though.

Lebron gassed and they should have trusted him blindly. Could have cost us the game.
Work Smarter Not Harder.

Honestly if Bron is literally telling you he didnt even touch it, it should be automatic challenge. I would somewhat understand Darvin's position if both men were to touch it and its a matter of who touched it last but if dude is literally saying he did not touch the ball, how do you not challenge that immediately????? I swear Darvin is a real idiot sometimes and this is something if WE coached the Lakers, we would have understood immediately if Bron told u, he didnt even touch the ball. Now if all Bron kept saying was challenge that challenge that without saying he did not touch it, I may understand Darvin's position more.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:06 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Work Smarter Not Harder.

Honestly if Bron is literally telling you he didnt even touch it, it should be automatic challenge. I would somewhat understand Darvin's position if both men were to touch it and its a matter of who touched it last but if dude is literally saying he did not touch the ball, how do you not challenge that immediately????? I swear Darvin is a real idiot sometimes and this is something if WE coached the Lakers, we would have understood immediately if Bron told u, he didnt even touch the ball. Now if all Bron kept saying was challenge that challenge that without saying he did not touch it, I may understand Darvin's position more.

What LeBron failed to understand was that Darvin was mentally way ahead of him. He wanted to save the challenge for later, so that he could use it when the game was already decided.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:12 am    Post subject:

LeBron was great tonight as he usually is in elimination games, but he also threw a tantrum that lead to a 4-point swing in a crucial moment in the 4th quarter of a must win game. Those two things can be true at the same time.

And comparing it to MJ or Kobe... I can't remember ANY instance in which Kobe/MJ threw such a tantrum that they literally took themselves out of the play and allowed the other team to score easily.

Against a team like these Nuggets that 4-point swing could've been the difference between winning or loosing.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:14 am    Post subject:

From all of the comments you wouldn't know that LBJ scored 30 points and was a major reason that we won the game.
Mistakes are a part of the game, deal with it and move on. The Lakers did just that and won the game.
IMO it's one thing to criticize but to do it ad nauseam is old, tired and petty. For once enjoy the win. GO LAKERS!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 am    Post subject:

Lebron was NOT to be denied!! But more importantly, DLo and AR decided to show up at the same time.

We know Bron and AD are going to bring it but it still would come down to AR, DLo and Rui. Bron and AD alone cannot outscore the entire Nugget team. Three more games of good shooting from DLo. Can we count on it?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Cari Champion
@CariChampion

Just got a text from my friend. He says tonight is Lebrons last game in purple and gold

she was host i think once.

take it with grain of salt
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:44 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Work Smarter Not Harder.

What LeBron failed to understand was that Darvin was mentally way ahead of him. He wanted to save the challenge for later, so that he could use it when the game was already decided.

Did we already use a challenge? If not, we win, we get another challenge.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Work Smarter Not Harder.

Did we already use a challenge? If not, we win, we get another challenge.

Darvin still doesnt know that if you win a challenge you get a challenge.. He also doesnt know that you cant take challenges to the next game if you save them... and he also doesnt know that under 2 min most things are automatically reviewed
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:16 am    Post subject:

I will give LeBron this, at least he ain't KD.

KD had a far better skillset than LeBron and easily could've been Top 5 all time and the dude had absolutely no dog in him, not even the fake kind the comes from embarrassment or trying to avoid it. Thankfully we didn't ever fall for that trap.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:22 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
From all of the comments you wouldn't know that LBJ scored 30 points and was a major reason that we won the game.
Mistakes are a part of the game, deal with it and move on. The Lakers did just that and won the game.
IMO it's one thing to criticize but to do it ad nauseam is old, tired and petty. For once enjoy the win. GO LAKERS!
Its not that he makes mistakes...its when he makes them...and what appears to be the why. As the most seasoned player and potential goat...we just dont expect those to come from him.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
Cari Champion
@CariChampion

Just got a text from my friend. He says tonight is Lebrons last game in purple and gold

Just got another text from a friend. He says May 14th, 2026 will be LeBron's last game in purple and gold
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:

KD had a far better skillset than LeBron and easily could've been Top 5 all time and the dude had absolutely no dog in him, not even the fake kind the comes from embarrassment or trying to avoid it. Thankfully we didn't ever fall for that trap.

He has a bigger offensive bag then Lebron but Lebron is a better floor general, leader on and off the court, passer (by a mile) and in his prime was one of the best defenders in the game. You can have more skill as far as putting the ball in the bucket but if Lebron can give you 30 a game on similar efficiency by bulldozing his way to the rim on top of everything listed, what does that even matter?
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Sojo wrote:

He has a bigger offensive bag then Lebron but Lebron is a better floor general, leader on and off the court, passer (by a mile) and in his prime was one of the best defenders in the game. You can have more skill as far as putting the ball in the bucket but if Lebron can give you 30 a game on similar efficiency by bulldozing his way to the rim on top of everything listed, what does that even matter?

Yup. KD is a better jump shooter that’s literally it. People mistake flashiness and versatility in scoring for effectiveness. Lebron has a simple scoring game but he’s a more effective scorer than KD.

Even handles, KD has a flashy handle but Lebron is better in traffic and getting to his spots on the floor…a lot of it is because he’s big and strong but the end result is a more effective dribbler. Lebron at his peak is miles better as a passer and defender as well.

Even off ball…KD is a better shooter but Lebron is an excellent cutter, and hunts mismatches in the low post.

KD is taller,longer, and quicker…so he has some physical attributes over Lebron but Lebrons physical advantages allow him to be a more effective player than KD.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Sojo wrote:

Yup. KD is a better jump shooter that’s literally it. People mistake flashiness and versatility in scoring for effectiveness. Lebron has a simple scoring game but he’s a more effective scorer than KD.

Even handles, KD has a flashy handle but Lebron is better in traffic and getting to his spots on the floor…a lot of it is because he’s big and strong but the end result is a more effective dribbler. Lebron at his peak is miles better as a passer and defender as well.

Even off ball…KD is a better shooter but Lebron is an excellent cutter, and hunts mismatches in the low post.

KD is taller,longer, and quicker…so he has some physical attributes over Lebron but Lebrons physical advantages allow him to be a more effective player than KD.

Honestly at this point, LeBron's bag is bigger. KD isn't exactly Kyrie Irving or even Luka out there. He's always just had an unguardable pullup, but his finishing isn't all that elite and he's never even needed to go down into the low post or string together any moves besides running to his spot and pulling up.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
Cari Champion
@CariChampion

I recognize her name as the moderator of either First Take or Undisputed. I wouldn't be surprised if the info got leaked from LeBrons camp. This is how he gains LeGM powers and gets to dictate all the moves the Lakers make in the summer. He does this every season he has the opportunity to.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:42 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
Cari Champion
@CariChampion

I recognize her name as the moderator of either First Take or Undisputed. I wouldn't be surprised if the info got leaked from LeBrons camp. This is how he gains LeGM powers and gets to dictate all the moves the Lakers make in the summer. He does this every season he has the opportunity to.

Typical nonsense. Yes, taking it with a grain of salt because I think its just typical online BS.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:17 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
Cari Champion
@CariChampion

Typical nonsense. Yes, taking it with a grain of salt because I think its just typical online BS.

Yeah she used to work on the tennis channel. Her next tweet after that because so many people reacted was "it's just a thought not a fact". So basically her friend said something and she tweeted it (X-ed it?). It's not any type of "insider knowledge".
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:19 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
Cari Champion
@CariChampion

Yeah she used to work on the tennis channel. Her next tweet after that because so many people reacted was "it's just a thought not a fact". So basically her friend said something and she tweeted it (X-ed it?). It's not any type of "insider knowledge".

Yep and her target is the gullible online reader that believes anything they read when she just wants clicks.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:38 pm    Post subject:

One of LBJs conditions will be that ham is gone. Zero chance they choose ham over Lebron who brings in $$$
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Incredibly impressive season given his age. No idea how, but Pelinka has to find a way to get us a 2nd star, and allow Bron to slip into a role as our #3.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:

I can't knock KD for joining the Warriors because Lebron was the progenitor of super teams. Those 2 years the Warriors beat the Cavs, KD leveraged the Warriors system to look exactly the way Lebron looked with the Heat from 2011-2013. Unstoppable, dominant and a killer mentality. They say talent wins championships, but those 2 took it to such a high degree that it feels like they sold their souls for it.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:44 pm    Post subject:

No complaints - he brought it tonight and picked up his juice when AD got gimpy. Made the big FT's late. Laid it all out there.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Sojo wrote:

I can't knock KD for joining the Warriors because Lebron was the progenitor of super teams. Those 2 years the Warriors beat the Cavs, KD leveraged the Warriors system to look exactly the way Lebron looked with the Heat from 2011-2013. Unstoppable, dominant and a killer mentality. They say talent wins championships, but those 2 took it to such a high degree that it feels like they sold their souls for it.

Basically. And the NBA hasn't been the same because of it (and not for the better).

That being said, outside some brain dead plays LeBron brought it tonight. Probably the best you could hope from him at his age now.

I ain't looking forward to him at 40 in P&G with that salary though.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 pm    Post subject:

I am grateful for him coming to the Lakers and giving us a title in the Jeanie Buss era, which other than getting him and AD has been run like a poverty franchise.

But I hope by some miracle Bronny gets drafted by another team and he goes to that team.

He is still a very good player, but he is 40 years old.

I just don't want to tie up a lot of our salary on someone at the end of his career.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2090, 2091, 2092 ... 2098, 2099, 2100  Next
Page 2091 of 2100
Jump to: