The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2094, 2095, 2096 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:46 am    Post subject:

If this guy is serious about another ring he'll leave. If he asks out S/T Lakers will do it.

If he cares about living in LA and making movies, then he'll stay here. There's no path to another ring here.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 am    Post subject:

Yea, Bron should go elsewhere if he wanted another ring but his family is settled in LA so I don't know if he wanted to play elsewhere rn. Laker organization really let him down. I guess one ring is still better than nothing. Still salty about Pelinka breaking up a championship team. With Bron and AD healthy and playing godly like this, this season has been another huge waste of their primes and a championship opportunity.
Sytze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:54 am    Post subject:

He played very well until the end. But let's be realistic here, are we seriously going to entertain a Bronny draft pick to keep Bron in his 40's? If we're talking max money I don't want to go near that. If Bron does it at a cheaper value than he's ever earned that may change things.

How will Bron handle the FO keeping Ham (please no)?
If Ham does leave what is Bron going to ask the FO for (and let's be real he's going to force a lot of movement here).
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:00 am    Post subject:

It’s simple if Lebron stays… FO was persuaded to go for one last push with new coach, trades, picks gone.

If FO wants to be cheap and try to compete with minimal roster movement. I think Lebron leaves.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject:

Please don't leave. We're soooo close. Just need some minor changes.

Replace DLo. Get a big and a "non-rookie" HC and we RUN IT BACK next year!!
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:08 am    Post subject:

If Lebron leaves, we don't get all that cap space.
Lebron should not leave.
We just need to explore trades, S&T (Russell) and free agency.
Need a new coach more than anything at this point.
Our offense was terrible, our perimeter defense was terrible.
We can only trend upwards moving forward.

We don't need Trae, not sure D Murray is much better.
We'll see what's out there.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:09 am    Post subject:

We aint winning with Bron and we wont win without him.. But if we go the second route, we have a chance at some future
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:13 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
We aint winning with Bron and we wont win without him.. But if we go the second route, we have a chance at some future

What future? You mean like from 2013-217 where we'd tank for high draft picks only to tank more for more high draft picks? No thanks. If we lose Lebron, we'd need to find a way to convince marquee FA to come here and that's easier said then done if those FA looked at our management for the past 11 years.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:14 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

What future? You mean like from 2013-217 where we'd tank for high draft picks only to tank more for more high draft picks? No thanks. If we lose Lebron, we'd need to find a way to convince marquee FA to come here and that's easier said then done if those FA looked at our management for the past 11 years.

So we keep Lebron, Lose another 3 years and then start the rebuilding process when he retires?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:16 am    Post subject:

i won't even sweat on LeBron's uncertainty, i just hope Lakers won't be stupid enough to be dangled like a puppet by his camp so the team miss out on other options. we're talking about a 40 year old LeBron here people, 1 or 2 years max until he retires. not like some big FA in his 20's. it's laughable media talks about it like end of world for the Lakers.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

So we keep Lebron, Lose another 3 years and then start the rebuilding process when he retires?

I thought Lebron was phenominal, wasn't he? We keep the same team, replace DLo and get a big and we're contender again.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
I just don’t see LeBron wanting to coming back to this. If he’s going to continue to get himself ready to compete for 70+ regular season games plus playoffs, he going to do it where he believes he can win a chip. I don’t think he thinks he can win one here.

I think his team will be exploring a S&T to the Knicks as well as heavily recruiting Durant here in the Olympics.

Feel exactly the same regarding the Knicks. Not lost on me his antics in New York. He wants narratives and it’s his final chapter, to play in Baksetball’s greatest stage, MSG and give the Knicks something that haven’t had over 50years, a championship. Heck of a story to help in the GOAT narrative.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:23 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
levon wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
I just don’t see LeBron wanting to coming back to this. If he’s going to continue to get himself ready to compete for 70+ regular season games plus playoffs, he going to do it where he believes he can win a chip. I don’t think he thinks he can win one here.

I think his team will be exploring a S&T to the Knicks as well as heavily recruiting Durant here in the Olympics.

Feel exactly the same regarding the Knicks. Not lost on me his antics in New York. He wants narratives and it’s his final chapter, to play in Baksetball’s greatest stage, MSG and give the Knicks something that haven’t had over 50years, a championship. Heck of a story to help in the GOAT narrative.

That team is a tailored fit for him too while also having enough assets to satisfy us that can be re-routed for his replacement. And it's in a much easier conference. All you have to do is beat the Celtics.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:27 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
levon wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

Winning another championship in LA at 40 would also help that narrative though. He also broke the all-time scoring record as a Laker and his family is settled in LA. Also, I doubt he'd want to commute from LA to NY for work.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject:

We constantly let Lebron hand pick the players he wants and it doesnt work out.. This next season will be no different
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:02 am    Post subject:

Seems like Jeanie finally stood up to the demands of a three year 180 million type extension and LeBron is calling her bluff.

Or maybe the Lakers don't want to draft Bronny.

I'm trying to think of which playoff contender would be willing to make that type of commitment.

If the Lakers just put the offer on the table, then Bron would already sign it.

I hope we go in another direction, and build around AD because dragging this out for three years is not going to be much fun.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:09 am    Post subject:

@TheAthletic

Quote:
The Lakers are open to drafting Bronny James this June to help fulfill LeBron James’ dream of playing with his son, team sources tell
@shamscharania, @sam_amick and @jovanbuha.

Bronny announced earlier this month that he will enter the 2024 NBA Draft.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:50 am    Post subject:

Old mans gotta go. He can no longer carry a team, is a lousy GM and we don't need to waste a draft pick on Bronny. The LeKlutch experience needs to come to an end.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:53 am    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Old mans gotta go. He can no longer carry a team, is a lousy GM and we don't need to waste a draft pick on Bronny. The LeKlutch experience needs to come to an end.

Lebron is still elite level. Only folks that hate Lebron think he is washed or can't carry a team. I agree, he can't carry alone. They need another really good player around Davis and Lebron.

He goes, we go to the bottom of the west.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject:

Jeanie's actions are disappointing. The guy's nearly 40, and she's ready to hand him any contract while also squandering a draft pick on his underperforming son? I wouldn't even consider using a second-round pick on Bronny. It reeks of desperation. Our owner's decision-making is absurd. Dr. Buss must be rolling in his grave.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
@TheAthletic

Quote:
The Lakers are open to drafting Bronny James this June to help fulfill LeBron James’ dream of playing with his son, team sources tell

Looks like Klutch angling for a 1+1 deal. Also Bron gets a built in NTC within that type of contract structure, but he can also get a NTC in a 3 yea deal (2+1) only if he opts out. If he opts in and gets an extension in August, a NTC cannot be included. So that’s something keep in mind heading into his June 29th player option deadline.

https://twitter.com/RunItBackFDTV/status/1785310507416887516
(Vid within link)
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by Halflife on Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
@TheAthletic

Quote:

Our team is run by morons.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
@TheAthletic

Quote:

Our team is run by morons.

Bronny will barely play in the NBA.
KareemRushForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:15 pm    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
We constantly let Lebron hand pick the players he wants and it doesnt work out.. This next season will be no different

If the Lakers really did that then they would have forked everything over for Kyrie. Maybe a little worse off last year, but a lot better this year. They beat Denver with Ky.

Instead we run with LeBron on dumb stuff like the Westbrick trade, and not on the smart stuff like going all in on a Kyrie-LeBron-AD trio.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2094, 2095, 2096 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next
Page 2095 of 2101
Jump to: