The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2096, 2097, 2098, 2099, 2100, 2101  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
danzag wrote:
He's obviously not going anywhere.

Ridiculous to hear some of the fans just saying "time to move on" and let the rebuilding begins like it some short turn around back to being contenders.

I don't mind moving on from Lebron if there some type of plan... "Rebuild" is not something to look forward to.

What’s ridiculous is failing to understand that this core is never contending again. The sooner you rip it apart and start the rebuild the closer you are to contending again. It’s going to take years. You rather start serving your sentence now, or you can do it after 2-3 years. I rather get on with it, in fact I wish we started two years ago.

Jeanie will never let another team rake in all the money from Lebrons retirement tour. She knows we’re unlikely to win another title as constructed…she’s fully invested in making as much revenue as possible with Lebron and AD still on the team.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Ridiculous to hear some of the fans just saying "time to move on" and let the rebuilding begins like it some short turn around back to being contenders.

I don't mind moving on from Lebron if there some type of plan... "Rebuild" is not something to look forward to.

What’s ridiculous is failing to understand that this core is never contending again. The sooner you rip it apart and start the rebuild the closer you are to contending again. It’s going to take years. You rather start serving your sentence now, or you can do it after 2-3 years. I rather get on with it, in fact I wish we started two years ago.

The fallacy here is you think rebuilding means you're entitled to be good (better) than you are now relative to the rest of the league after "serving the sentence". The only reason our "rebuild" could be considered a success, despite having 3 2nd overall picks, is because LeBron decided to come here and force AD here, not anything the organization did. In fact we burned a lot of our assets for no reason. There are teams that go decades without ever climbing the mountain again.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:22 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Snipes wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
danzag wrote:

The fallacy here is you think rebuilding means you're entitled to be good (better) than you are now relative to the rest of the league after "serving the sentence". The only reason our "rebuild" could be considered a success, despite having 3 2nd overall picks, is because LeBron decided to come here and force AD here, not anything the organization did. In fact we burned a lot of our assets for no reason. There are teams that go decades without ever climbing the mountain again.

There are no shortcuts. You have to rebuild the right way. Do I trust this ownership to do that? No. There are no guarantees either which way you go. I rather at least approach it the right way by starting over.
KareemRushForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:39 am    Post subject:

If we don't get Donovan Mitchell this summer, the plan should be to attack free agency next summer. Do not take on a long term contract like Murray, Trae, etc. We have to convince LeBron to sign a 2 year deal with player option as opposed to a 3 year deal with a player option. His last year will probably be 2025-2026, if we can sign a max free agent next summer, he may be willing to opt out and re-sign for the minimum to have one last shot at it and retire with 5 titles.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:21 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
levon wrote:
Snipes wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
danzag wrote:

There are no shortcuts. You have to rebuild the right way. Do I trust this ownership to do that? No. There are no guarantees either which way you go. I rather at least approach it the right way by starting over.

LeBron coming was the shortcut. Now, this ownership group is praying for another one.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject:

Lebron probably signs a 2/3 year player option contract. Next year is revenge year. If no progress is made he does his retirement tour in year 2, if we are in the Finals next two years he retires year 3.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:30 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Jeanie will never let another team rake in all the money from Lebrons retirement tour. She knows we’re unlikely to win another title as constructed…she’s fully invested in making as much revenue as possible with Lebron and AD still on the team.

Bron and AD are still one of the best duos in the NBA. They can't win another championship because the GM is too incompetent to build a quality team around Bron and AD and her inability to hire and keep a good HC. Bron is always ready to carry the team to another championship but I'm not sure if Jeanie and Pelinka would be able to put a decent team around him especially with limited assets atm.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:12 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Lebron probably signs a 2/3 year player option contract. Next year is revenge year. If no progress is made he does his retirement tour in year 2, if we are in the Finals next two years he retires year 3.

Does he really have it in him to play 24 seasons?

I think he will play 23 seasons, just so he can say #23 played 23 seasons. But it would also be cool if he played 24 in honor of Kobe.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject:

Two things can be true at once. LeBron, like MJ/Kobe/Steph, are economic forces that generate insane revenue regardless of impact.

LeBron is still very good.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

I think he will play 23 seasons, just so he can say #23 played 23 seasons. But it would also be cool if he played 24 in honor of Kobe.

1 more year at an elite top 20 player. After that its about if he has a shot to win another ring, or if he starts his retirement tour.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 12:42 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

that would be cool
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:16 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

I think he plays until he reaches 50k points...
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

I think he plays until he reaches 50k points...

He'll hit 50K next year if you include the playoffs, which currently account for 20% more points than he's credited for (so stupid). But he's not playing 5-7 more seasons to get to 50K.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:22 am    Post subject:

LeBron can always be a player coach
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:27 am    Post subject:

Rich says expect Bron for 2-3 more years…

But how many more years of “LeGM” are still in him?
Quote:
Kyrie Irving had just routed the LA Clippers by 30 points. His Dallas Mavericks were one win away from the Western Conference semifinals. But the question made him momentarily ponder an alternate reality. Did he seriously consider reuniting with LeBron James in this very building last season? “Everything was considered,” Irving told FOX Sports after Game 5 on Wednesday in Los Angeles, flashing a smile. James is currently watching the playoffs from his couch after his Los Angeles Lakers were eliminated by the Denver Nuggets in their first-round playoff series Monday. Surely, he could have used Irving’s help. “He’s a great friend of mine, a great brother of mine,” Irving told FOX Sports. “We obviously played together [in Cleveland]. Everybody knows our history. But there were so many different factors in between. When it comes to business decisions, you have to ask the GMs, the presidents why certain things didn’t work out.” – via FoxSports.com

If you ask me, dude hasn’t really been “LeGM”n since his Cleaveland2.0 stint.
8 straight Finals appearances to play-in fodder should tell yall no different.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject:

If he wants to pick the next coach, they should let him walk. I hope they keep him as far away from the selection process as possible.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:03 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
If he wants to pick the next coach, they should let him walk. I hope they keep him as far away from the selection process as possible.

That ship has sailed. The HC recommendation from Klutch was likely submitted at his exit interview or even before.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:11 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Rich says expect Bron for 2-3 more years…

But how many more years of “LeGM” are still in him?
Quote:
Kyrie Irving had just routed the LA Clippers by 30 points. His Dallas Mavericks were one win away from the Western Conference semifinals. But the question made him momentarily ponder an alternate reality. Did he seriously consider reuniting with LeBron James in this very building last season? “Everything was considered,” Irving told FOX Sports after Game 5 on Wednesday in Los Angeles, flashing a smile. James is currently watching the playoffs from his couch after his Los Angeles Lakers were eliminated by the Denver Nuggets in their first-round playoff series Monday. Surely, he could have used Irving’s help. “He’s a great friend of mine, a great brother of mine,” Irving told FOX Sports. “We obviously played together [in Cleveland]. Everybody knows our history. But there were so many different factors in between. When it comes to business decisions, you have to ask the GMs, the presidents why certain things didn’t work out.” – via FoxSports.com

If you ask me, dude hasn’t really been “LeGM”n since his Cleaveland2.0 stint.
8 straight Finals appearances to play-in fodder should tell yall no different.

Being under 34 papers over a lot of poor personnel decisions.

LeBron was so good and the East was so trash he'd get there with Varejao and Ilgauskas.

LeBron got us into the Westbrook business.

I don't know how you can say he's not pulling some strings behind the scenes.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:11 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

That ship has sailed. The HC recommendation from Klutch was likely submitted at his exit interview or even before.

Yup. I’m personally just taking the approach that I’m happy if the Lakers have a chance of winning each and every night. As long as they don’t keep blowing up the Roster and keep some of the pieces that can improve I will try to be happy. 40 year old Bron isn’t going to win another title as the #1 or #2 option. He has basically 2 quarters of a game in him to play amazing. Outside that he’s often a liability. Mainly on defense, where he’s too tired to defend or box out and even on offense, where his legs give out on him when he tried to drive.

Compare that with the top guys today. Even a second tier guy, who is a top guy in the playoffs, Murray can run around in circles without seemingly ever getting tired.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:24 am    Post subject:

@Bil, you gotta “cut” it out with Bron’s being the boogeyman. He could be pulling strings all he wants, but this FO has a fetish for knives.

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m53qylxTsP1qj7u8ao1_500.gif

Agree to disagree, cause I’ll just keep punching holes into that narrative.

#GutStabToTheBackofThatMonstar
#AbracaStabya
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:28 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
LeBron can always be a player coach

Not allowed.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:39 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
@Bil, you gotta “cut” it out with Bron’s being the boogeyman. He could be pulling strings all he wants, but this FO has a fetish for knives.

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m53qylxTsP1qj7u8ao1_500.gif

Agree to disagree, cause I’ll just keep punching holes into that narrative.

#GutStabToTheBackofThatMonstar
#AbracaStabya

You aren't punching holes in that narrative.

You just repeat the same sh*t in an articulate manner and hope it sticks.

I know what I saw happen in real time.

Just like I know you'll disappear when the actual play resumes and never actually comment on games, but mysteriously only on free agent moves and maneuvers.

I still wonder what you get from being a Lakers fan, because I've never seen you actually get excited when the team wins.

It's like someone on a movie forum who comments exclusively on box office performance and never once expresses anything about a movie they enjoyed.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Certainly makes sense given Bron's history of collusion and coach selection. I have a feeling everything was set in motion during the Denver series. He's always 2 steps ahead of the game. That's what makes the klutch, media and lebron cabal so dangerous.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:47 am    Post subject:

@Bil: Since it’s a whole vibe right now, don’t make me #KilBil. You wanna die on Mt. Pelinka, that’s your business. My Laker fandom ain’t tho. So leave me out ya mouth. (no Diddy)

LeGM with 2 different FOs -> 8 straight Finals runs
LeGM here with this FO -> 1 bubble outlier

I’m about them titles, so I got a problem with how my Lakers ain’t getting it done in that regard. I find no joy in just play-in around season after season, We got a pRoblem, but Bron ain’t it imho.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Bron and AD are still one of the best duos in the NBA. They can't win another championship because the GM is too incompetent to build a quality team around Bron and AD and her inability to hire and keep a good HC. Bron is always ready to carry the team to another championship but I'm not sure if Jeanie and Pelinka would be able to put a decent team around him especially with limited assets atm.

No they are absolutely not. Not even close. And being a good duo isn’t enough anymore:

Giannis/Dame are in Cancun (granted Giannis was hurt)
KD/Booker in Cancun
Embiid/Maxey (Granted Embiid played at 50%)
One of Kyrie/Luka or KL/Harden/Pg13 will be in Cancun

So having one of the best duos doesn’t mean (bleep) and Lebron/Ad are not better than any of the above.

Lebron is a glorified stat padding max player. As a third option that team can win a ring. Not as a second. The entire core needs to be blown up. AD played amazing this year but it’s not enough. Bron played out of his mind too.

Just let go. It’s over. Blow it up.

And Lebron was not a shortcut. That was a proper rebuild. We had all these amazing young assets that were highly valued around the league + 3 max slots. That is an epic post Kobe rebuild. I would KILL to get back to that position
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2096, 2097, 2098, 2099, 2100, 2101  Next
Page 2097 of 2101
Jump to: