PJ's natural coaching instinct costing us winnable games?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: PJ's natural coaching instinct costing us winnable games?

I think his coach's instinct is getting in the way of wins. This crap with having Kobe force-feed these losers the first 2 quarters usually leads to close games the same scrubs find some way to lose. Let the guy attack from start to finish. I'd much rather lose that way
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Word!!
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

I think lousy shooting and porous defense are getting in the way of wins. But that's just me though.
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

he does like to sit the hot handed player down once they get going i noticed (cook,bynum)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Zaius
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I think that Kobe passing in the first half, shooting in the second is more of a Kobe thing than a Phil decision. Kobe was doing that last year under Rudy in hopes of getting his teammates involved.

I think that his thinking is that if he can get them going early, then the opposition won't be able to double and triple team him without paying with some wide open shots from his teammates. The only problem is that the other Lakers need to hit some wide open shots.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: PJ's natural coaching instinct costing us winnable games?

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
I think his coach's instinct is getting in the way of wins. This crap with having Kobe force-feed these losers the first 2 quarters usually leads to close games the same scrubs find some way to lose. Let the guy attack from start to finish. I'd much rather lose that way

That or giving up 34 pts. to MEM in the first quarter. I believe it is the latter.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:

I think bad defense and bone head plays (clock management) on the offense has caused a few problems. I can't imagine PJ not saying anything about it but it wouldn't surprise if he wanted them to figure it out for themselves. Either way, there is a reason he has 9 rings. What can anyone say to him?
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

This version of the Lakers goes against every coaching instinct Phil has.

He assumes that his players will have a killer instinct and enjoy putting teams away. Instead, this group of knuckleheads laughs when they miss their free throws and turns potential blowouts into close wins or in a few cases, stupid losses.

Phil likes to think that his teams can figure out the game for themselves, but this group doesn't even know how to use the 24-second clock.

Phil likes to think that he can teach the fundamentals and when it is crunch time the good habits will take over. But Walton, Sasha, Cook, and basically everybody not named Kobe throws lackadaisical passes, commits charges on offensive possessions, fouls opponents to stop the clock when the other team is playing catch-up, and misses 9 out of ten free throws down the stretch, laughing all the way.

I'm glad Phil pulled Sasha in the Utah game tonight, and he was still laughing when he went to the bench. That's called soft, and loser in my book.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: