OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 699, 700, 701 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
3baller wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
3baller wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
He'll be 25 before the start of the next season and he (and his coaches) have to figure out yet which his role in this league (not just this team) will be.

Not a good sign if you ask me

Nah Kuz has undeniable talent. Great touch around the rim and a serviceable stroke from deep and decent from the perimeter. His defense has steadily improved despite his reputation. I think he'd thrive best as a clear cut second option on a bad or middling team.

It would be interesting to see Kuz on another team during his contract year next season. Getting traded away from LA has been a great wake up call to our other young prospects.

If he got undeniable talent, he didn't stay in college for 3 years and selected at the end of the 1st round.

He has some offensive talent and nice lenght, but in 3 years he hasn't shown any consistency in most of his game, nor clear progress in some parts of it.

He's already shown he could be an 18ppg scorer beside a superstar last season. At worst, he'd be a sixth man of the year at some point of his career.

I don't think he wants to be a bench player and that is making things tough on the court with him and the Lakers.

He has talent for sure, but not one that seems to blend with LBJ/AD. I was very happy with his performance his rookie year as an unheralded 27th pick. But seems like fit is questionable.

Then flip Kuz and Green for Lavine who already got paid

And Chicago would do that because?
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

I’m sorry I don’t buy that nonsense that the bench role is (bleep) him up. The bench role is making him react slowly to loose balls? The bench role is taking his brick 3s wide or long? The bench role is moving his feet slowly on defense? The bench role is making him avoid contact? He’s either REALLY soft in the head or he’s on his own tank program. Trading him to Mt. Rushmore like he wants is the best option for the Lakers.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Then flip Kuz and Green for Lavine who already got paid

And Chicago would do that because?

Of course I’m looking at this from our side, I think Lavine would be a great 3rd option ala Tobias and can start with LeBron/AD/JaVale, throw in future 2nd, THT or even Caruso... ok maybe not Caruso
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
I’m sorry I don’t buy that nonsense that the bench role is (bleep) him up. The bench role is making him react slowly to loose balls? The bench role is taking his brick 3s wide or long? The bench role is moving his feet slowly on defense? The bench role is making him avoid contact? He’s either REALLY soft in the head or he’s on his own tank program. Trading him to Mt. Rushmore like he wants is the best option for the Lakers.

Not saying that at all.

I just think he's letting that bench role affect his mentality. Instead of attacking it he's just sort of coasting and we can't afford that.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

I think Lonzo is really underrated as a player who makes other players better, especially guys who like to get out and and score quickly.

Maybe, just maybe, Kuzma, like T.J. Leaf, is a byproduct of the excellent pace that Ball plays with. From the moment Kuzma stepped on the floor with Ball in summer league he's been a different player. He's had some success without Ball, sure, but maybe Ball. Or another quick-paced, supremely unselfish PG (like Ball) is what he needs to be his best self.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

I think he's talented enough as is, to not be a bench player. With that being said, coming off the bench didn't seem to bother him in the past. I don't think it's why he's having trouble this season.

I thought you guys were going overboard with the trade Kuz rhetoric, but considering his inability to provide consistency this season I've come around to understanding why.

Based on what he did last season, I'm of the mind that he can find his way this season with the help of the coaching staff. It doesn't appear thus far that that's the direction we're heading in. Perhaps he'd thrive in a more helter skelter fly by the seat of your pants offense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I think he's talented enough as is, to not be a bench player. With that being said, coming off the bench didn't seem to bother him in the past. I don't think it's why he's having trouble this season.

I thought you guys were going overboard with the trade Kuz rhetoric, but considering his inability to provide consistency this season I've come around to understanding why.

Based on what he did last season, I'm of the mind that he can find his way this season with the help of the coaching staff. It doesn't appear thus far that that's the direction we're heading in. Perhaps he'd thrive in a more helter skelter fly by the seat of your pants offense.

When he and Lonzo were on that SPL team they were just running up and down and I think that's Kuz at his best. He isn't the best half court guy b/c his dribble moves are pretty rudimentary so a lot of it becomes fade away shots. We are a very slow-it-down, half court grinding team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

And Rondo absolutely hurts him.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

When he and Lonzo were on that SPL team they were just running up and down and I think that's Kuz at his best. He isn't the best half court guy b/c his dribble moves are pretty rudimentary so a lot of it becomes fade away shots. We are a very slow-it-down, half court grinding team.

And that's not changing so ...
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

Agreed.. Someone said Bron unlocks AD, even though AD is a very good player without him.. In the same way, a free flowing offense, or pass first guard unlocks Kuz.

The Rondo of yesteryear would have been a great pairing for Kuz.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Yeah. People may disagree with my gut feeling (just an opinion, not sourced) that maybe Kuz wants a team where he can showcase himself more than on the Lakers, which sounds crazy. But BI/Zo, etc. can now spread their wings and truly fly, and the Lakers get a generational talent like AD.

It's just tough to see what kind of fair value we would get back for Kuz.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Agreed.. Someone said Bron unlocks AD, even though AD is a very good player without him.. In the same way, a free flowing offense, or pass first guard unlocks Kuz.

The Rondo of yesteryear would have been a great pairing for Kuz.

That was me...LBJ has unlocked AD for sure.

Rondo is such a disservice to Kuz. Yikes. In a perfect world we get Iggy via buyout, DC via FA, and Kuz stays and has a better playmaker leading him.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Yeah. People may disagree with my gut feeling (just an opinion, not sourced) that maybe Kuz wants a team where he can showcase himself more than on the Lakers, which sounds crazy. But BI/Zo, etc. can now spread their wings and truly fly, and the Lakers get a generational talent like AD.

This is why I'm apprehensive about a Kuz trade.. I'm not saying it can't be done, just seems like a steep hill to climb.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

This is why I'm apprehensive about a Kuz trade.. I'm not saying it can't be done, just seems like a steep hill to climb.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind he would flourish in a run and gun, helter skelter kind of offense like I could see him putting up monster numbers on those Dantoni and Nash Suns teams where defense was of little value and offensively it was all about getting up and down and to get a solid looking shot as quickly as possible.

He's simply not a high iq player at all and i'm not sure he'll ever change that. It seems like the more he has to think about things the least effective he is. I remember a few games ago where McGee got upset at him for not throwing him a wide open lob and I believe it was the very next game in the 1st or 2nd quarter where he made a nice move and threw a beautiful lob to McGee and had a huge smile on his face looking back at McGee and then he didn't get hardly any assists the rest of that game or the next. It's a lot like when Rondo called him out in that Rockets game and challenged him defensively and he seemed to focus much more and play solid defense the rest of that second half but then the next game he was right back to his former self.

It's frustrating as a fan because you see him do these great things for a half or 1 game and then not do it again for a long time. You keep believing he's about to turn a corner as a player but it just never happens. I've been seeing this happen his entire NBA career now. He'll always be a streaky shooter as most shooters are but those other facets in his game could be MUCH more consistent. That's mine and im sure many other fans biggest problem with him.

Saying all that he can still be a wild card any game and especially in the Playoffs so even though I am 100% down to trade him for the right package or player you have to be careful and make sure you get something of real value back because I could see him being mediocre most of a series but also be a huge reason we win 1-2 games as well.

I also believe living in LA is a huge distraction for him and I could see him turning his career around once traded especially in a bigger role. I think he takes basketball serious and truly wants to be better but he also loves that Hollywood life without question which is tough not to as a young, single popular dude.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

It's going to be tough to get a proven vet AND a young cost-controlled asset back for Kuz.

=
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Kuz setting a back pick on Vanessa Hudgens?

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/21/vanessa-hudgens-kyle-kuzma-dinner-lakers-austin-butler-split/
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/21/vanessa-hudgens-kyle-kuzma-dinner-lakers-austin-butler-split/

Yeah. A few of us talked about it yesterday. I’d be doing the Hammer Dance if I were Kuz.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yeah. A few of us talked about it yesterday. I’d be doing the Hammer Dance if I were Kuz.

He's following Jordan Clarkson's blueprint... probably straight outta town.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

To be young, rich, and famous.. Can't say that I'd be doing anything different under the same circumstances..

Well, my hair would be different..
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

To be young, rich, and famous.. Can't say that I'd be doing anything different under the same circumstances..

But does she even know how low his cap hold will be this summer???
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

More distractions.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Hit that, rewind it back.

If she can connect, then maybe hang out for awhile . Otherwise, Kuz should keep fishing and enjoy it and follow his goals . Kuz got game both on and off the court.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

But does she even know how low his cap hold will be this summer???

He's getting paid eventually though lol..
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

More distractions.

He's good, as long as it isn't a Kardashian.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's going to be tough to get a proven vet AND a young cost-controlled asset back for Kuz.

=

we dont need a young asset back, just a player who helps us win in our 2-3 year window.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 699, 700, 701 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 700 of 880
Jump to: