Where is the Love?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject:

LAL25 wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:
I'm sorry but the Hornets have a better record than the Lakers. If that doesn't bother you then............ Especially when the best player in Basketball is a Laker.

The hornets have a better record because they have better talent and good coaching. Also, they are farter along in the building process than are the Lakers. If the Lakers look like this two years from now then I'll join the bandwagon of whiners. But joining now simply doesn't make an iota of sense. Don't you think Celtic fans are just as proud as Laker fans?? Even they knew it was going to take time to rebuild. Hopefully Laker management doesn't follor their lead and do what far too many here want and that's putting bandaids on problems for the sake of short term improvement. Real, sustainable rebuilding takes longer than two seasons. Heck, one can't even make an accurate evalution of the process in just two short years....

You gotta be kidding me. How did the Hornets get better talent than the Lakers? They were the worst team in basketball last year. Traded Baron and Maglouire. How could they be further along in the rebuilding process? Mitch started with Kobe Bryant to build around.

Lionel, unfortunately some fans will never run out of excuses for this crap we are witnessing.

Mitch Kupchak's hands were tied.
His draft picks were solid.
Payton trade was great. (Who needs a first round pick?)
Getting Odom plus crap was totally worth trading Shaq for... after all, Odom is the next Scottie Pippen and Butler is a superstar in 10^10 years.
McKie and Vlade were solid acquisitions.0
Our team is fine; they just need more time together.

Did I miss anything?
LAL25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:

Shnjb, I'm sure you have. That list is way too short.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:
I'm sorry but the Hornets have a better record than the Lakers. If that doesn't bother you then............ Especially when the best player in Basketball is a Laker.

The hornets have a better record because they have better talent and good coaching. Also, they are farter along in the building process than are the Lakers. If the Lakers look like this two years from now then I'll join the bandwagon of whiners. But joining now simply doesn't make an iota of sense. Don't you think Celtic fans are just as proud as Laker fans?? Even they knew it was going to take time to rebuild. Hopefully Laker management doesn't follor their lead and do what far too many here want and that's putting bandaids on problems for the sake of short term improvement. Real, sustainable rebuilding takes longer than two seasons. Heck, one can't even make an accurate evalution of the process in just two short years....

You gotta be kidding me. How did the Hornets get better talent than the Lakers? They were the worst team in basketball last year. Traded Baron and Maglouire. How could they be further along in the rebuilding process? Mitch started with Kobe Bryant to build around.

Yep. The following collection of talent is better than what the Lakers are able to put on the floor:

Chris Paul backed up by Speedy Claxton is better than Smush backed up by Sasha.

PJ Brown backed up by Aaron Williams is better than Mihm backed up by Bynum (Mihn is improving but Brown is still currently better imo. Bynum will be great but isn't capable of playing much at the moment)

David West backed up by Vroman & Bass is better than Kwame backed up by Cook and Turiaf. (Cook gives ever increasingly good offense but not much defense and Turiaf has a long way to go)

Desmon Mason backed up by Butler & Nachbar is pretty much a wash with Odom backed up by Walton & George.

Kobe backed up by Green and Wafer is still better than Snyder backed up by Smith & Macijaukas even though Green and Wafer seldom play. Kobe's obviously that good.

Most of the Hornet players have played together for two years or more. Most of the Lakers players have played together for one year of less. The Hornets have been running the same system with consistency. The Lakers have been learning a new system. So yes, the Hornets have better talent and are farther along in the building process. Lakers haven't even reached the one year mark with this current group. That's pretty raw...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

Wrong once again. Most of the players on the Hornets have been playing together for 2 years? Brown, West, Claxton, and Smith are the only players who were on the Hornets last year and Claxton came at the deadline. Smith doesn't even play anymore. Mason, Butler, Chris Paul, Aron Williams, Bass all came during the offseason in trades or the draft. So don't use that playing together 2 years crap. The Hornets also lost there best player Mashburn. They don't even have a freaking home.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
Wrong once again. Most of the players on the Hornets have been playing together for 2 years? Brown, West, Claxton, and Smith are the only players who were on the Hornets last year and Claxton came at the deadline. Smith doesn't even play anymore. Mason, Butler, Chris Paul, Aron Williams, Bass all came during the offseason in trades or the draft. So don't use that playing together 2 years crap. The Hornets also lost there best player Mashburn. They don't even have a freaking home.

OK..Let's hear your wisdom as to why they are the lesser team with the better record????
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject:

Hey Lionel, if you were the GM, what kind of realistic trades would you make?(knowing who is available and who is not)
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:

OK..Let's hear your wisdom as to why they are the lesser team with the better record????

I think the Hornets are a lesser team (talent-wise) with more heart, desire (to win) and effort than this Lakers team, plus the fact that their coach was a former Showtime member (so I guess that makes me a little biased - check my avatar)!...LOL

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:

I think the Hornets are a lesser team (talent-wise) with more heart, desire (to win) and effort than this Lakers team.

So do you think part of what makes a team good or great is a combination of talent, heart, desire, and hard work. Because if you do then you just defined the Hornets as a better team than the Lakers right now and I'd be in agreement with you. So it isn't surprising that they have a better record than the Lakers since they put a better combination of the above on the floor.

I'm curious. Do you think Kobe would have more success with a starting lineup of:

Chris Paul, PJ Brown, Desmon Mason, and David West or his current starting cast of:

Kwame,Smush,Odom, & Mihm?

Personally I think Kobe looks pretty formidable teaming in a backcourt with chris Paul and a front line of PJ & Mason. Lot's of scoring help and a bit of an upgrade in defensive help.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: