Relax Everyone
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidawg87
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Relax Everyone

Cmon people relax, we have Chris Mihm coming back after the allstar break. Even without a trade this team (At full strength) is a very good one. I think that once we get Chris Back we can go on a nice spurt to end the season. Yes, we've been losing a lot of games lately but our second option is clearly injured and our third option hasn't even been playing. Most don't see the loss of Chris Mihm as being signifigant but I do. He is our only inside offensive threat and the only big man that we have that can block shots. Last nights layup parade would not have happened with a healthy Chris in the line up. When we get Chris back we will Click again just like we were earlier in the season. I'm still sticking with 47-48 wins have faith laker fans.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject:

No...Mihm is stripper booty soft...

We won't be a good team with him or without him...
raidawg87
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
No...Mihm is stripper booty soft...

We won't be a good team with him or without him...

But we were a good team before he went down. We're 2-5 without him how's that for impact.
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject:

Relax? It was like the Globetrotters against the Washington Generals out there last night. I'm starting to think some of these kats are too comfortable in Hollywood. Some of these guys think they are better than they really are. Thinking they can turn it on and off when they want. I'm glad we lost because we deserved to. Too many come back wins early in the season has led to bad habits. The lack of dpeth on our team is quite pathetic. Devon is our only decent bench player. The rest of them are scrub fillers. Losing Profit has hurt us. We signed a useless vet pg in Mckie. Another mle wasted. Trading Jumaine Jones and keeping two rookies who don't even play (Green/Wafer) that probably will have no long term future with the Lakers is stupid. We are soft as putty and teams are practicing lay up drills out there against us. Scrub players can't play above their skill level. Sometimes there are some that exceed people's expectations of them but outside of Kobe there is no one who can make big plays. Lamar once in a blue moon.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

The bottomline is this team is very very young (they still may need time to gel), and are not that talented. It's a one man show out there... None of the bigs play defense,.. and I stress the word PLAY. Having a 'presence' is not the same as playing defense. A second consistant scoring threat is no where to be found on this roster. The Lakers have 'bench players' starting, and D-Leaguers coming off the bench... that's not a knock, it's the truth. Add in the injuries... you have a 500 team (if you are lucky). Now I'm not saying the Lakers should be happy where they are... but you can't be completely surprised either.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject:

eldrunko714 wrote:
Relax? It was like the Globetrotters against the Washington Generals out there last night. I'm starting to think some of these kats are too comfortable in Hollywood.

I think you are on to something, at least related to Smush. He played great D early on when his spot on the roster wasn't guaranteed, but since the beginning of January, his D has been disappointing. We know he can play better, he did earlier in the year.
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject:

Yeah, relax folks.

Everything's fine.

:roll:
Savory Griddles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
eldrunko714 wrote:
Relax? It was like the Globetrotters against the Washington Generals out there last night. I'm starting to think some of these kats are too comfortable in Hollywood.

I think you are on to something, at least related to Smush. He played great D early on when his spot on the roster wasn't guaranteed, but since the beginning of January, his D has been disappointing. We know he can play better, he did earlier in the year.

I disagree with you on Smush. Nobody had really seen his game. People started making adjustments on how to beat him. Smush isn't a good enough player to make the return adjustments. He's a one trick pony that other teams have figured out and exploited. It's not that he was good in the beginning, he just caught people by surprise. Kinda like when a pitcher mows down the opposition his first time throught the league, but by the second time teams have figured out his stuff and are lighting him up.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

Well they would atleast have some shotblocking an interior points with Mihm.

So you are definitely right on that.

But the effort on team defense is just abysmal. They are not that bad defenively skillwise. They have some defensive skill on this team.

However they lack the passion and consistent mindframe to assert themselves on defense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:

Savory Griddles wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
eldrunko714 wrote:

I disagree with you on Smush. Nobody had really seen his game. People started making adjustments on how to beat him. Smush isn't a good enough player to make the return adjustments. He's a one trick pony that other teams have figured out and exploited. It's not that he was good in the beginning, he just caught people by surprise. Kinda like when a pitcher mows down the opposition his first time throught the league, but by the second time teams have figured out his stuff and are lighting him up.

I think that there's truth to both thoughts on Smush.

To add my two cents, I think that some of his defensive problems stem from his streetball background. In streetball, if an opponent gets a step on you...it's like Oh well. We'll just see if can stop me when I have the ball.

That type of attitude doesn't exist alot with players who have multiple years of college experience. If you express that attitude there, you'll likely find the pine. As a result, many college, even if their poor defenders will not give up on plays just because the offensive player got a step on them. This is what I see Smush doing a lot of - quitting on plays.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:

You can make an arguement that with Chris we would have won a couple of those games that we lost but please stop this "we are a young team" or "we still need time to gel". The Hornets are a young team too. This Laker team is just not that good. Its obvious now. Its a 500 team at best.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

Savory Griddles wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
eldrunko714 wrote:

Nope - don't buy it. Defense is effort. The effort is gone.

Maybe he's working on a movie deal?
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

Don't worry. Be Happy.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
You can make an arguement that with Chris we would have won a couple of those games that we lost but please stop this "we are a young team" or "we still need time to gel". The Hornets are a young team too. This Laker team is just not that good. Its obvious now. Its a 500 team at best.

I would say .550 with a healthy Bryant, Odom and Mihm - but that's just nitpicking
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

As bad as atlanta is. Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Harrington, Childress, Stoudemire. Thast good talent. Young talent.

I have no point
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

I agree with the comments on Smush. He was playing at least solid defense until his contract got picked up. No he's playing matador defense. He needs to tighten his defensive screws....Actually the whole team needs to do that.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

Smush's defense last night was worse than anything Chucky did last season. Salim, Royele Ivey (whoever that is) got layup after layup. It was a joke.
Savory Griddles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:

I agree. 2nd youngest team in the NBA is such a freaking crutch.

4 of our 5 starters have over 4 years experience.
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

how can i relax when a team loses to the worst nba team at their home? it just proves how terrible the lakers are.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

I agree that this team is .500 at best. Like I said earlier, to play defense, it requires effort, hustle, communication, and pride. We don't have any of those characteristics at the present time.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
As bad as atlanta is. Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Harrington, Childress, Stoudemire. Thast good talent. Young talent.

I have no point

Post of the year!
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

7th seed sounds about right. it will be good to have mihm back. then less kwame kill 2 birds with one stone
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

Kill Smush while your at it.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

Kill Smush while your at it.
Achilles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:

I'm tired of hearing "relax" or "some posters on this board overreact." We are mid way through the season and we just lost to the %$#*& Hawks. We need games like this. This is not a team that can simply turn it on down the stretch. Losing games because of lack of effort is just plain embarassing. As Laker fans we should furious. No more of this "relax they're a young team" crap. We're simply giving games away because certain players don't bring it every night. No excuse for that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: