Dave Smith Letting It Out On 1540 The Ticket
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savory Griddles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Kobe>T-mac wrote:
unggoy wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:

The only competition he has is good times with Matt Money Smith and Joe Grande.

I certainly respect your opinion on this, but wow, Grande might be the worst all-time in the history of sports talk radio. He doesn't know how to pronounce the names most of the time, and I swear he must get paid to say 'right there'... as in, 'that was a good game right there'...

Speaking of mispronouncing names, there is a black tennis player named James Blake. B-L-A-K-E. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Blake

Hacksaw repeatedly calls him James Black. I thought it was just a mistake the first time I heard it about 3 months ago. Then he kept saying it... over and over again. For as much as Hacksaw knows, he has to know a prominent tennis player's name. I just don't think you make that same mistake that many times.

Yes you are right about Grande he is garbage. I really enjoy Matt Smith though. The guy has a good analysis. It would be great if they could put Roger Lodge on that show. Matts postgame Laker show is also better than larry Burnetts. larry would tend to be too condescending on air.

I hate Joe Grande. Nuff said.
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Savory Griddles wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:
unggoy wrote:
Kobe>T-mac wrote:

The only competition he has is good times with Matt Money Smith and Joe Grande.

I certainly respect your opinion on this, but wow, Grande might be the worst all-time in the history of sports talk radio. He doesn't know how to pronounce the names most of the time, and I swear he must get paid to say 'right there'... as in, 'that was a good game right there'...

Speaking of mispronouncing names, there is a black tennis player named James Blake. B-L-A-K-E. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Blake

Hacksaw repeatedly calls him James Black. I thought it was just a mistake the first time I heard it about 3 months ago. Then he kept saying it... over and over again. For as much as Hacksaw knows, he has to know a prominent tennis player's name. I just don't think you make that same mistake that many times.

Yes you are right about Grande he is garbage. I really enjoy Matt Smith though. The guy has a good analysis. It would be great if they could put Roger Lodge on that show. Matts postgame Laker show is also better than larry Burnetts. larry would tend to be too condescending on air.

I hate Joe Grande. Nuff said.

I think that show is alredy in trouble, they already brought in a third person. Joe Grande is just flat out horrible, he's like a big parrott. Money will say something and he just repeats it.

How in the world did 570 find him fit for the job? Why cant I have that kinda luck, I can repeat what I hear pretty good.
FarmartoAfflalo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Dave Smith is a (bleep). I think he reads these message boards, and I hope he realizes that 1540 is heard by about 10 people in LA.

He continually said the Lakers would never win a title with Shaq in the late 90's. Nice call Dave!

I'm sorry but this guy is a complete tool and works for the worst radio station in the city.
Coop_21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
He continually said the Lakers would never win a title with Shaq in the late 90's. Nice call Dave!

Dave also was the one who pointed out Shaq's increasing weight and lack of professionalism...despite the 3 titles and the gentlemen's code with the L.A. media overlooking all that. Dave pretty much told us what Shaq would end up like and its come true.
afo310
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Ozendorph wrote:
Dave - a reduction in "funny" sound effects and sound bites would make your show more tolerable. Feel free to share this tip with Tony Bruno as well.

Jim Healy made a career of that. "Who goofed, I have to know!"

Did the Japanese sit dow with Pearl Harbor before they bombed them? I don't think so. Let's go fellas.

... loved Jim Healy
sportsgod
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:

I never said Shaq would not win a title in L.A. I said he'd never win one unless he got serious about his conditioning and the Lakers brought in a quality coach.
VicTheBrick
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject:

AMEN DAVE, feel the positive flow DO NOT feed from the hate some Laker fans are spewing your way.

Say hi to Big Ben Maller, he wants to meet up with you at the UCLA/SC game tomorrow night!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Dave who?
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
Dave who?

we heard you the first time
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: