THANK YOUJAVALE MCGEE!!! (Traded to Cleveland)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
at those who said he would play only 10-12mpg.

Look at our other center options. He HAS to play 16-18mpg at least.

Really wish we kept Brook and had Javale as a change of pace big man off the bench though. But Javale played very well last night and thank goodness we have him.

He looked like he was gasping for air after one of his baskets.
Hopefully it's just him getting into game shape. But who knows.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Really wish we kept Brook and had Javale as a change of pace big man off the bench though. But Javale played very well last night and thank goodness we have him.

It's mostly out of necessity. We looked much better with him than without him. He's going to have to play closer to 20mpg IMO. Hopefully he can handle that.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

Makes such a difference having a big who can get up there and finish with ease, we haven't had that since the championship years. A much better fit for our team than Brook, great signing for the min!
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

I don’t understand why he can’t just have an inhaler with him on the sidelines. Asthma shouldn’t stop someone from playing basketball.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

Told y’all

He’ll have goofball moments like any other player but his Shaqtin-ness was definitely overplayed / overstated.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

This dude might be the best contract on the team making only the minimum. Nothing he did was flukey or stuff he couldn’t do on a nightly basis. About as good of a first impression as he could’ve had.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

Wish we could have afforded to keep Brook. The way this team is running JaVale's athletic asthma could be a problem. When these youngsters take if off the boards they're like the Road Runner getting away from Wile E Coyote. Zubac just isn't playing to what he was perceived to be. Much as I hate to say it, maybe we should have signed Howard. IMO $5,337,000 is worth the risk..

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wish we could have afforded to keep Brook. The way this team is running JaVale's athletic asthma could be a problem. When these youngsters take if off the boards they're like the Road Runner getting away from Wile E Coyote. Zubac just isn't playing to what he was perceived to be. Much as I hate to say it, maybe we should have signed Howard. IMO $5,337,000 is worth the risk..

I really wanted Brook back, and he got what, 3m or something small like that?

A Brook/Javale/small ball C would have been cheap and effective.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Blasphemy, unless if the plan was to pay Dwight $5.3m to carry Bonga's bags for a whole season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Blasphemy, unless if the plan was to pay Dwight $5.3m to carry Bonga's bags for a whole season.

Dwight>>Zubac. LeBron, Howard, McGee what's there not to like?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm not sure the Lakers could have signed Brook for 3.3 million. If they could have we should have.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm not sure the Lakers could have signed Brook for 3.3 million. If they could have we should have.

They could have (instead of Lance or even Beez). According to Brook the Lakers didn't want him back.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ingle wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Zubac >>>>> Dwight without a shadow of a doubt. I don't want Dwight anywhere near the young guys
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

They could have (instead of Lance or even Beez). According to Brook the Lakers didn't want him back.
\
I sorta like what I saw with Lance last night. A little to much ISO for me. Beez has got to do better. I hope Lonzo plays at least 1 preseason. I want to see how our starting will do. SAS has the Lakers going to the WCF against the Warriors..

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ingle wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Zubac >>>>> Dwight without a shadow of a doubt. I don't want Dwight anywhere near the young guys

Difference of opinion. I think Dwight can be handled. I factor the James influence. If not $5.3 million is worth the risk.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

I hope he can keep this pace.

yinoma2001 wrote:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's mostly out of necessity. We looked much better with him than without him. He's going to have to play closer to 20mpg IMO. Hopefully he can handle that.

It won't be a necessity when Mo comes back
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Why couldn't we re-sign Brolo again? The lack of size was very apparent when McGee wasn't on the floor. Can't run and gun if you can't get the rebounds. Making Kooz into a center for small ball is a TERRIBLE idea. Who came up with that?? It's gonna affect his offensive production if he had to bang body against 7-footers. He won't have any energy left to run fastbreaks.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Why couldn't we re-sign Brolo again? The lack of size was very apparent when McGee wasn't on the floor. Can't run and gun if you can't get the rebounds.

Most likely cuz he sucks. And he costs close to Zubac + Mo combined.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Why couldn't we re-sign Brolo again? The lack of size was very apparent when McGee wasn't on the floor. Can't run and gun if you can't get the rebounds.

Lance or Beez or Brook? I'd take Brook and you can keep one of Lance/Beez too.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

Athletic asthma can be controlled with medication. I don't know how damaging it can be if taken to often. JaVale can play 10 minutes or more, rest 5 minutes, take effective preventative and maintenance medications, and have an asthma emergency plan. It's risky.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Lance or Beez or Brook? I'd take Brook and you can keep one of Lance/Beez too.

Then it comes down to who I want sitting at the bench. Lance or Brook. And I don't care for either yet.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

He doesn't suck. Now let's see how we really suck without his presence. That $12M for KCP could have been put to much better use. I know he's part of a package for Lebron but maybe we could have negotiated down to maybe 8-9M and have money left for Brolo.

I really, really hate not having a decent center. We've been thru this before with Hibbert and then Moz. Those were miserable years. Then we finally had a decent center in Brolo last year but then we didn't resign him. fml.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

Bynum....Bynum....Bynum.....hopefully with better knees....not sure how that is even possible but the guy wants to come back.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ingle wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Zubac looked like he was playing in mud
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 12 of 44
Jump to: