OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4491, 4492, 4493 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Whom coincidentally are Avery Bradley and Rajon Rondo’s agent.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Mo Harkless agents are Bill Duffy and Nima Namakain

https://hoopshype.com/player/moe-harkless/salary/

Billy Duffy also represents Avery Bradley and Rajon Rondo

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent_clients/Bill-Duffy/16
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Duffy to Rob: you better make sure Rondo plays 30mpg in the playoffs or no Harkless.

Rob: ok then, I guess we don't need Harkless.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject:

That Harkless update gives me real hope that he’s gonna get bought out hopefully we don’t get spurned again when that happens.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
I think there's an argument to be made that we should go after someone like Mo Harkless, but again, how much is he going to play? 10-15 minutes in the regular season and a shift in the playoffs?

Yes. Right now, I'm very confident about the 34-35mpg that AD/LBJ play (though AD's net ratings are not great when LBJ is off the court).

The playoffs will be about surviving those 12-14mpg when LBJ is off the court. We haven't done a damn thing about that and it's a shame. Getting LBJ/AD is the hard part as obtaining 5 carat diamond talents is usually immensely difficult. The successful GMs find diamonds in the rough and underutilized players. We just aren't winning around the margins.

LBJ is also 35. I know he looks like he won't ever age but he is carrying such a disproportionate load on this team, and in the playoffs against a team like the Clips he'll have to guard Kawhi or PG13 on top of that? That's asking a lot.

The whole point of playing LBJ under 35 MPG in the regular season is to conserve him for the playoffs, where he will almost certainly average 39.5-43.5 MPG. We're talking about 5-8 minutes with LBJ off the court. Sure, if the game's a blowout, we can rest him, but otherwise LBJ won't let Vogel restrict his minutes below that number (as if he even could).

LBJ is a freak of nature, but trying to remember which 35 year old player who had to carry this much of the load playing 40-44mpg in an extended playoff series.

36-year old John Havlicek averaged 43 minutes per game in the 1976 NBA Finals when the Celtics won in 6 games.

Havlicek was a freak of nature, too, and had overdeveloped lungs, which gave him great stamina. He averaged 34.2 MPG in the RS at age 35, 36.9 MPG at age 36 and 34.1 MPG at age 37.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Aaron Mintz had deals in place with the Clippers and the Raptors to pair Paul George and Kawhi Leonard.

Why did OKC gave up on him so soon?

Because they got like 27 picks and SGA for him. Easy peasy.

Picks 24 and below sounds really enticing.

The picks are NBA currency.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
It's amazing how down people are on the team/management right now, considering we're 41-12, 1st in the West with a four game lead over 2nd. This team also, according to multiple sources (and my eyes), has amazing chemistry. That's very hard to achieve and it makes no sense to disrupt that bond and upset the balance unless you are getting a clear upgrade. Adding IT (or anyone else that's close to a lateral move) will require the team to CUT a player and send them packing. Whether that's Quinn Cook, JD, DMC or someone else, there's a risk of upsetting the team dynamic. And for what? IT, even if successful, is playing 15 minutes in the regular season and 6-8 minutes in the playoffs, if at all. We're talking about the 9th or 10th man (AD, Bron, Kuz, KCP, AB, Caruso, Dwight, DG and maybe JaVale) in a 9 or 10 man rotation, if that. Why is it worth the risk?

Would it have been nice to get a clear upgrade at the trade deadline? Sure. But, there didn't seem to be a deal out there that made sense. Covington went for the equivalent of multiple firsts and Marcus Morris netted a lesser, but similar return (a useful player in Harkless; a former lottery pick; a 2020 first; a good 2021 second (detroit); AND a swap). We always knew that we had very few assets and it was the right move to hold.

As for this buyout market, are we really this bummed out over Reggie Jackson? Really?

I think there's an argument to be made that we should go after someone like Mo Harkless, but again, how much is he going to play? 10-15 minutes in the regular season and a shift in the playoffs? He's got some chops as a defender, but he's not locking up Kawhi/PG. He might provide a small boost, but look at his averages over his career ... dude is a career 7 ppg scorer and is in his prime. He's not coming here to change the game for us.

We're in a really good spot right now, we've got a really good team and are primed for a nice playoff run. Let's enjoy it.

We are 2- 5 against the top 3 teams in each conference

And is that same logic being used for the Clippers or is it just us?

When I last checked the Clippers were 5-3, Milwaukee and Boston were 5-2.

You didn’t post Raptors record last season against the top 3 teams in each conference. Wonder why.

Because last year has no bearing this season. Pretty elemental.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Quote:

Mike Vorkunov
@MikeVorkunov
Moe Harkless says he hasn't initiated any talks with the Knicks about taking a buyout before the end of the month. He says he and his agent might talk about it at some point and weigh whether he wants to play for a contender. The Knicks traded for him in the Marcus Morris deal.

Who is his agent? Hopefully Rob has a good relationship with whoever it is..

Sounds like agent/player speak for we are in negotiation or thinking about it but want to keep it under wraps. Same thing happened with Marvin Williams FWIW.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
It's amazing how down people are on the team/management right now, considering we're 41-12, 1st in the West with a four game lead over 2nd. This team also, according to multiple sources (and my eyes), has amazing chemistry. That's very hard to achieve and it makes no sense to disrupt that bond and upset the balance unless you are getting a clear upgrade. Adding IT (or anyone else that's close to a lateral move) will require the team to CUT a player and send them packing. Whether that's Quinn Cook, JD, DMC or someone else, there's a risk of upsetting the team dynamic. And for what? IT, even if successful, is playing 15 minutes in the regular season and 6-8 minutes in the playoffs, if at all. We're talking about the 9th or 10th man (AD, Bron, Kuz, KCP, AB, Caruso, Dwight, DG and maybe JaVale) in a 9 or 10 man rotation, if that. Why is it worth the risk?

Would it have been nice to get a clear upgrade at the trade deadline? Sure. But, there didn't seem to be a deal out there that made sense. Covington went for the equivalent of multiple firsts and Marcus Morris netted a lesser, but similar return (a useful player in Harkless; a former lottery pick; a 2020 first; a good 2021 second (detroit); AND a swap). We always knew that we had very few assets and it was the right move to hold.

As for this buyout market, are we really this bummed out over Reggie Jackson? Really?

I think there's an argument to be made that we should go after someone like Mo Harkless, but again, how much is he going to play? 10-15 minutes in the regular season and a shift in the playoffs? He's got some chops as a defender, but he's not locking up Kawhi/PG. He might provide a small boost, but look at his averages over his career ... dude is a career 7 ppg scorer and is in his prime. He's not coming here to change the game for us.

We're in a really good spot right now, we've got a really good team and are primed for a nice playoff run. Let's enjoy it.

We are 2- 5 against the top 3 teams in each conference

And is that same logic being used for the Clippers or is it just us?

When I last checked the Clippers were 5-3, Milwaukee and Boston were 5-2.

You didn’t post Raptors record last season against the top 3 teams in each conference. Wonder why.

Because last year has no bearing this season. Pretty elemental.

Ahhh. So the record against top 3 conference teams only has meaning for THIS season.

And why does it matter this season only?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Duffy to Rob: you better make sure Rondo plays 30mpg in the playoffs or no Harkless.

Rob: ok then, I guess we don't need Harkless.

you sure? i think it is more like "30mpg? that's it? don't you underestimate me!!!"
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Quote:

Mike Vorkunov
@MikeVorkunov
Moe Harkless says he hasn't initiated any talks with the Knicks about taking a buyout before the end of the month. He says he and his agent might talk about it at some point and weigh whether he wants to play for a contender. The Knicks traded for him in the Marcus Morris deal.

Who is his agent? Hopefully Rob has a good relationship with whoever it is..

Sounds like agent/player speak for we are in negotiation or thinking about it but want to keep it under wraps. Same thing happened with Marvin Williams FWIW.

Or maybe he is first trying to see how much he can get from Dolan
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Aaron Mintz had deals in place with the Clippers and the Raptors to pair Paul George and Kawhi Leonard.

Why did OKC gave up on him so soon?

Because they got like 27 picks and SGA for him. Easy peasy.

Picks 24 and below sounds really enticing.

most of the OKC picks and swaps are after KL and PG contracts, and they will likely be high lottery picks
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
I think there's an argument to be made that we should go after someone like Mo Harkless, but again, how much is he going to play? 10-15 minutes in the regular season and a shift in the playoffs?

Yes. Right now, I'm very confident about the 34-35mpg that AD/LBJ play (though AD's net ratings are not great when LBJ is off the court).

The playoffs will be about surviving those 12-14mpg when LBJ is off the court. We haven't done a damn thing about that and it's a shame. Getting LBJ/AD is the hard part as obtaining 5 carat diamond talents is usually immensely difficult. The successful GMs find diamonds in the rough and underutilized players. We just aren't winning around the margins.

LBJ is also 35. I know he looks like he won't ever age but he is carrying such a disproportionate load on this team, and in the playoffs against a team like the Clips he'll have to guard Kawhi or PG13 on top of that? That's asking a lot.

The whole point of playing LBJ under 35 MPG in the regular season is to conserve him for the playoffs, where he will almost certainly average 39.5-43.5 MPG. We're talking about 5-8 minutes with LBJ off the court. Sure, if the game's a blowout, we can rest him, but otherwise LBJ won't let Vogel restrict his minutes below that number (as if he even could).

LBJ is a freak of nature, but trying to remember which 35 year old player who had to carry this much of the load playing 40-44mpg in an extended playoff series.

36-year old John Havlicek averaged 43 minutes per game in the 1976 NBA Finals when the Celtics won in 6 games.

Havlicek was a freak of nature, too, and had overdeveloped lungs, which gave him great stamina. He averaged 34.2 MPG in the RS at age 35, 36.9 MPG at age 36 and 34.1 MPG at age 37.

When the Capt was Lebrons current age (actually he was 8 months older), he averaged 2 and a half minutes less per game than Lebron does now. He went on the average almost 40 minutes per game during the playoffs. The Capt played 79 games that season. He came off of a season where he played 76 regular season games and 14 playoff games. Lebron is coming off a season where he played 51 games and no playoffs.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

To be fair, Havlicek had like 47K mins at 35. Lebron has around 10K more than that right now on his legs.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Late in his career, Havlicek was gifted a pedometer for his birthday; “Sports Illustrated” reported he wore it during a game versus Chicago, where it recorded that Havlicek ran eight miles in 43 minutes. That's a pace of 5 minutes, 23 seconds a mile—at age 37. His relentlessness was undeniable.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-it-meant-to-move-like-john-havlicek-11556277674
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Harkless calls playing for the Knicks a "dream come true"

Quote:
"It means a lot to me, being from the city, growing up watching the Knicks, loving the Knicks. Being here is a great feeling. I'm excited and grateful. It's a dream come true," Harkless told reporters. "I was a Knicks fan growing up. I loved watching the Knicks on TV, I loved coming to the Garden for games when I could. And I actually played at the Garden in college, too, so it's like I've come full circle now."

looks like his chances of getting bought out are slim to none

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
That Harkless update gives me real hope that he’s gonna get bought out hopefully we don’t get spurned again when that happens.

I think that we still end up with Collison and Harkless.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
To be fair, Havlicek had like 47K mins at 35. Lebron has around 10K more than that right now on his legs.

Havlicek played 4 years of college - probably another 3K minutes, including freshman year.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Havlicek played 4 years of college - probably another 3K minutes, including freshman year.

Think he played 3 years of college no? At 20-something games a season. That is worth one regular NBA season not counting the greater difficulty of NBa
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Lebron has ran 2.23 miles in 51 games this season

https://stats.nba.com/players/speed-distance/?sort=DIST_FEET&dir=1
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Hondo ran 8 miles in 1 game. At age 37. Just stop. Acknowledge greatness.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

There also wasn't nearly as much running in that era.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Besides the Clippers and perhaps the Bucks, what other team would Lebron need to play 42 mpg for us to have a chance? I think against the other teams, Lebron can give us 37 mpg and we'll be fine. I'm not even worried about him going 40+ when considering the way Lebron rests on the court.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Darkndeep wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Didn’t Collison say he’s staying retired this season?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Didn’t Collison say he’s staying retired this season?

Yes, old news. Collison said like 2 weeks ago he is not coming back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4491, 4492, 4493 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4492 of 8560
Jump to: