OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4716, 4717, 4718 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Paul George preaching to teammates to make another run next season was met with eye rolls and bewilderment

https://theathletic.com/2078184/?source=twitterhq

Quote:
For his part, Paul George had a disappointing series against Denver, and had several moments that left him in compromising positions with his teammates — beyond just his production. Multiple teammates had verbal spats with George throughout the postseason, citing in their exchanges a lack of accountability from him.

In the postgame locker room Tuesday night, George was preaching to teammates to remain committed, for all the players to return to the team this offseason and stay ready to make another run. It was met by some eye rolls and bewilderment, sources said, because George did not back up his words with action in the series and the team has multiple free agents with decisions to make. George scored 10 points on 4 of 16 shooting and 2 of 11 from 3-point range in the Game 7 defeat.

“We can only get better the longer we stay together and the more we’re around each other,” George said after the game.”We just didn’t have enough time together.”

Teammates airing dirty laundry to news reporters. Clippers will always be Clippers.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Paul George preaching to teammates to make another run next season was met with eye rolls and bewilderment

Quote:
For his part, Paul George had a disappointing series against Denver, and had several moments that left him in compromising positions with his teammates — beyond just his production. Multiple teammates had verbal spats with George throughout the postseason, citing in their exchanges a lack of accountability from him.

In the postgame locker room Tuesday night, George was preaching to teammates to remain committed, for all the players to return to the team this offseason and stay ready to make another run. It was met by some eye rolls and bewilderment, sources said, because George did not back up his words with action in the series and the team has multiple free agents with decisions to make. George scored 10 points on 4 of 16 shooting and 2 of 11 from 3-point range in the Game 7 defeat.

“We can only get better the longer we stay together and the more we’re around each other,” George said after the game.”We just didn’t have enough time together.”

I said it from day 1. They amassed TALENT. But they failed on amassing leaders.

Kawhi is talented, but not a leader. He always had Duncan/Manu/Parker leading on the Spurs. He got to the Raptors and it was Lowry and guys like Gasol, etc. who took up the leadership mantle.

Clips would be wise to find a player who can command respect. Dare I say that was CP3? Does OKC want a trade back of CP3 for PG13?

What can the Clippers offer OKC? Bevelery, Zubac, Lou, Shamet and even more picks?
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

I said it from day 1. They amassed TALENT. But they failed on amassing leaders.

Kawhi is talented, but not a leader. He always had Duncan/Manu/Parker leading on the Spurs. He got to the Raptors and it was Lowry and guys like Gasol, etc. who took up the leadership mantle.

Clips would be wise to find a player who can command respect. Dare I say that was CP3? Does OKC want a trade back of CP3 for PG13?

Dare I say it, that actually might be a mutually beneficial trade for both sides lol

PG with the better contract and younger, but CP3 is obviously the leader and PG playmaker the Clippers need to put them over the edge
#18 next...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject:

If I'm OKC I try to have a 3rd team to take on PG13.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject:

If the Clippers traded PG for CP3, and use the MLE and BAE on useful role players (while re-signing Mook and Montrezl if it's possible), I can definitely see them improving next year

PG: CP3/Shamet
SG: MLE (Clarkson?)/Lou Will
SF: Kawhi/BAE (Wilson Chandler? GRIII?)
PF: Morris/Green
C: Zubac/Harrell

Of course, they're extremely unlikely to do that lol
#18 next...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah if a CP3/PG trade was to happen that's the most likely scenario, I'm just thinking from the Flippers perspective

I'm guessing there'd definitely be a contending team that would be willing to take on PG. Maybe the Nets?
#18 next...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

if i am okc i am not trading for George Paul alone. I need shamet and other assets/picks attached to him

wait a month after that and then trade this loser to someone desperate like the knicks and collect more assets

after all this, CP3 gets injured as usual in playoffs...
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject:

I don't think Clippers will trade PG after literally selling their next 6 years for him.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Bucks have bunch of picks that they can dangle along with Bledsoe. I think the OKC will definitely trade CP3 but they will not be the ones initiating that call. So they gonna prey on desperate ones.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
I don't think Clippers will trade PG after literally selling their next 6 years for him.

It wouldn't surprise me if they took that stance, but geez I genuinely don't think they'll win diddly squat if they keep PG as their 2nd option

They'd be so much better off if their 2nd guy was someone like CP3 or even Lowry
#18 next...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:

Maybe trade PG13/Lou and a S&T Harrell for Beal and poison contract of Wall.

Something crazy like that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject:

PG13 would have been an ideal 3rd option next to LBJ/AD. Provide 3/D, scoring 22-24ppg.

But he chose OKC.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PG13 would have been an ideal 3rd option next to LBJ/AD. Provide 3/D, scoring 22-24ppg.

But he chose OKC.

in regular season u mean...
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject:

Any guess at how much Joe Harris will be fetching this offseason? With the defense that we play as a team, I think we can stay afloat on that side of the ball, but we definitely need shooters.

Joe Harris and Buddy Hield come to mind, but I'm not sure if we can pay Harris or trade for Hield.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But he chose OKC.

Guys like Bosh and Love were important 3rd options on LBJ's teams. He would have easily fit that billing. Think of Danny Green/JAV/Avery Bradley = one PG13.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But he chose OKC.

Guys like Bosh and Love were important 3rd options on LBJ's teams. He would have easily fit that billing. Think of Danny Green/JAV/Avery Bradley = one PG13.

meh, its not happening...moving on...

u talking about a guy that picked to play with Westbrook over Lebron and his home/palmdale whatever...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

But we're still looking for a 3rd option. Just saying PG13 would have been perfect.

I think that's our biggest area of need as LBJ turns 36 soon. He can't be the dominant offensive engine forever. Who can be that for the MLE/trade?
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
But we're still looking for a 3rd option. Just saying PG13 would have been perfect.

I think that's our biggest area of need as LBJ turns 36 soon. He can't be the dominant offensive engine forever. Who can be that for the MLE/trade?

This is pretty accurate, I'd say. With LBJ's contract expiring soon and him turning 36, we have to have the foresight to address this. If we win the 'chip, we need to not grow too attached to the players we have because many of them are likely traded toward that next big fish.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

I have this weird feeling that Kieff is gonna try to convince his brother to come team up with him on the Lakers, would be pretty cool to have the Morris twins on the same team.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I have this weird feeling that Kieff is gonna try to convince his brother to come team up with him on the Lakers, would be pretty cool to have the Morris twins on the same team.

That would be crazy. But then we would have to definitely trade Kuz.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I think the emergence of Markieff has made it easier for the Lakers to dangle Kuz in trades but I wouldn’t trade him unless we can get some value.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

To be honest, I don't want Marcus here. I don't like that type of player and we need to be careful to maintain the chemistry of the locker room.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I think the emergence of Markieff has made it easier for the Lakers to dangle Kuz in trades but I wouldn’t trade him unless we can get some value.

I'd like to include Kuz in a trade for Buddy Hield.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

To be honest, I don't want Marcus here. I don't like that type of player and we need to be careful to maintain the chemistry of the locker room.

We said the same thing to Howard and look how that turned out, we said the same thing to J.R. and Waiters and both of those guys are cheering on the team on the bench like true professionals, I’m not worried Marcus potentially disrupting the chemistry.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This is pretty accurate, I'd say. With LBJ's contract expiring soon and him turning 36, we have to have the foresight to address this. If we win the 'chip, we need to not grow too attached to the players we have because many of them are likely traded toward that next big fish.

We have the contracts lined up to expire in 2021 when LBJ will be closer to 37.

Then we'll have to start building around AD and adding pieces.

But regardless I want to lessen LBJ's workload. I still think he has a few good post-prime years. Simply amazing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4716, 4717, 4718 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4717 of 8560
Jump to: