OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4717, 4718, 4719 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
But we're still looking for a 3rd option. Just saying PG13 would have been perfect.

I think that's our biggest area of need as LBJ turns 36 soon. He can't be the dominant offensive engine forever. Who can be that for the MLE/trade?

Kuz will be that 3rd option. If we win it all, we a can afford to to give him volume in the regular season so he can develop and get it going.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
But we're still looking for a 3rd option. Just saying PG13 would have been perfect.

I think that's our biggest area of need as LBJ turns 36 soon. He can't be the dominant offensive engine forever. Who can be that for the MLE/trade?

Kuz will be that 3rd option. If we win it all, we a can afford to to give him volume in the regular season so he can develop and get it going.

I'm not really sure about that. I think he can be a key contributor but I'm looking for someone who can ease LBJ's playmaking burden.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kuzma is 25 and he's been in the league for three years. I'm not sold that he has a lot more upside than we've seen. I've pretty much moved beyond the idea that he's a future star and I see him as a serviceable rotation player.

At the same time, I am in favor of riding Lebron-AD as long as possible, because I doubt we're going to be able to bring in a third star. And I'm not sure we need one anyway.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kuzma is 25 and he's been in the league for three years. I'm not sold that he has a lot more upside than we've seen. I've pretty much moved beyond the idea that he's a future star and I see him as a serviceable rotation player.

At the same time, I am in favor of riding Lebron-AD as long as possible, because I doubt we're going to be able to bring in a third star. And I'm not sure we need one anyway.

I was expecting more from Kuz, as well, especially in the playoffs. At this point, he's an average NBA borderline starter. I've seen improvement to his game defensively, otherwise he's the same guy he was as a rookie.

The Lakers have aligned their salaries to go get Giannis. While he's probably not coming, the right move is to prepare for it to happen. If he falls through, I wouldn't be surprised at us signing Rudy Gobert. I read that things are bad with him and his teammates because of his irresponsibility over COVID-19, so Utah may look to deal him.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

What type of numbers are you guys even looking for in a 3rd option? Just remember, whoever is that 3rd option, their numbers are going to drop. We should try to invest in another play maker though.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I was expecting more from Kuz, as well, especially in the playoffs. At this point, he's an average NBA borderline starter. I've seen improvement to his game defensively, otherwise he's the same guy he was as a rookie.

The Lakers have aligned their salaries to go get Giannis. While he's probably not coming, the right move is to prepare for it to happen. If he falls through, I wouldn't be surprised at us signing Rudy Gobert. I read that things are bad with him and his teammates because of his irresponsibility over COVID-19, so Utah may look to deal him.

signing Rudy GObert would be such a waste of money. yuck
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Christian Wood-MLE-3rd Option (or Gallo but liability on defense)

Lonzo Ball-Trade (KCP/1st)-2nd Playmaker (Dinwiddie)

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
What type of numbers are you guys even looking for in a 3rd option? Just remember, whoever is that 3rd option, their numbers are going to drop. We should try to invest in another play maker though.

like LaVine
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
epic_ wrote:

like LaVine

Lavine would be perfect, a young Lemon Pepper who can shoot 3s
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
epic_ wrote:

like LaVine

How's his play making for others?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I have more faith on Kuz than us able to bring a 3rd star on a trade until we have the cap space. Kuz need to tighten his handle and work on his footwork. Defensively, he’s putting it together. Kuz is a late bloomer. We have seen guys like Jimmy Bucket developing later. He has the mentality , just need the work ethic to put it together .
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

I'd like to see Kuzma get a ring this year so that shipping him out feels a little better for him
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Yes we need to have another playmaker for the regular season to preserve Lebron. Not necessary a point guard but someone who can run the offense and initiate and can get his own shots. Maybe Gordon Hayward can take a MLE with that defined role and have chance of winning. His health will sway a lot of teams.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Maybe 16-17 ppg and 3+ three point field goals made per game.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Yes we need to have another playmaker for the regular season to preserve Lebron. Not necessary a point guard but someone who can run the offense and initiate and can get his own shots. Maybe Gordon Hayward can take a MLE with that defined role and have chance of winning. His health will sway a lot of teams.

A Gordon type seems like a good 3rd option

scoobs wrote:
epic_ wrote:

That would be sweet. But also being able to play make? Or is a Glen Rice type OK?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
CRoost wrote:
epic_ wrote:

A Gordon type seems like a good 3rd option

scoobs wrote:
epic_ wrote:

That would be sweet. But also being able to play make? Or is a Glen Rice type OK?

Hayward has a big player option that he will definitely take. But his type would be ideal for the MLE.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

Kuz is more hype than productivity at this point. Frankly, if he had sat out the bubble, I'm not sure it would have really mattered.

I still don't understand the notion of going after Giannis or another big star. That can only happen if Lebron opts out and re-signs for a much lower salary. I am dubious of that happening.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Kuz is more hype than productivity at this point. Frankly, if he had sat out the bubble, I'm not sure it would have really mattered.

I still don't understand the notion of going after Giannis or another big star. That can only happen if Lebron opts out and re-signs for a much lower salary. I am dubious of that happening.

That's a point I was honestly wondering. After how much he has talked about maximizing player value, it seems like a long shot that he does that. Unless, of course, there is a deal to opt out for a lower salary and then offering him some sort of ownership stake or post-career role in the organization. Honestly, I'd like to see that regardless, dude has a great mind for the game.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:

I have more faith on Kuz than us able to bring a 3rd star on a trade until we have the cap space. Kuz need to tighten his handle and work on his footwork. Defensively, he’s putting it together. Kuz is a late bloomer. We have seen guys like Jimmy Bucket developing later. He has the mentality , just need the work ethic to put it together .

Guys like Jimmy Butler, who are stagnant in their first three years and take a big leap in their fourth year, are pretty rare, especially when they come into the league at age 22.

I would be delighted to see Kuzma be one of those rare guys, but I don't see how you can predict whether someone will be a late bloomer.

My suspicion is that Kuzma's trade value isn't as high as a lot of Lakers fans think. So far, his performance in the playoffs isn't attracting much attention or raising his value, as far as I can make out.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is a +1.3 for the playoffs. But for his first playoffs, people want him gone?

Yeesh.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

I really like Porter, but the Nuggs have him tired up for the next 4 years...
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Kuzma is a +1.3 for the playoffs. But for his first playoffs, people want him gone?

Yeesh.

Personally, I like Kuz. My issue is twofold: consistency and potential.

He is extremely inconsistent and has been his whole career and is a pure scorer that doesn't seem to be exceeding what we have already seen. If we can get better value using him as a trade chip, I'm taking it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:

That's a point I was honestly wondering. After how much he has talked about maximizing player value, it seems like a long shot that he does that. Unless, of course, there is a deal to opt out for a lower salary and then offering him some sort of ownership stake or post-career role in the organization. Honestly, I'd like to see that regardless, dude has a great mind for the game.

The CBA doesn't allow a team to provide compensation of any sort outside of what is in the player contract.

So you can't give a player a piece of the organization after he retires. All you could do is sell him a piece of the organization at fair market value.

Same with a post-career role. You can only pay a player the going rate for that position. You couldn't, say, hire Lebron as an assistant coach at $15 million to make up for lost salary.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yeesh.

Personally, I like Kuz. My issue is twofold: consistency and potential.

He is extremely inconsistent and has been his whole career and is a pure scorer that doesn't seem to be exceeding what we have already seen. If we can get better value using him as a trade chip, I'm taking it.

It's going to look inconsistent when his role changed 2x since his rookie year, plus he changed his form... ?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

We've pushed all our chips into the center of the table for 2-3 championships with Bron. We knew what we signed up for. Bron leaves every team he's been on decimated. Expecting sustained success past 2022 isn't realistic IMO.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4717, 4718, 4719 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4718 of 8560
Jump to: