OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5447, 5448, 5449 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Dedmon hasn't cleared waivers yet. There are rumors on Twitter that Whiteside could sign with the Sacramento Kings. For possibly the MLE.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
It's not just my opinion. Carry on though. I remember the Josh Jackson opinion. Did it work out for him?

You never really caught on to how lame that was after like a month or two....but silly me, I forgot that you probably have never missed on a draft pick.

Btw, Jackson just got a 2nd chance singing in Detroit. If he has a breakout year, then you will never be able to argue with me again because you will literally have no comeback.

2nd chance or 3rd chance? Lol
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
It's not just my opinion. Carry on though. I remember the Josh Jackson opinion. Did it work out for him?

You never really caught on to how lame that was after like a month or two....but silly me, I forgot that you probably have never missed on a draft pick.

Btw, Jackson just got a 2nd chance singing in Detroit. If he has a breakout year, then you will never be able to argue with me again because you will literally have no comeback.

Can you guys just PM eachother. I’m all about pettiness, but it’s starting to get irritating. I appreciate it, fam.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
32 wrote:
The Lakers won that Anthony Davis trade and everybody knows it. The Lakers got a Hall of Famer just starting to hit his prime years. If you can't see that you're blind.

Eh, that's the wrong question. Most trades aren't zero-sum games with a winner and a loser. Davis wanted out of New Orleans and was pushing for a trade to the Lakers. Under the circumstances, the Pelicans got an awful lot of value. They got what they needed. We became relevant again, made the playoffs, and won a title. We got what we needed. Everyone won.

Another way to look at it though is: should we have made the trade or not?

Sure. I considered it to be a risky trade at the time, but it worked out. If Lebron had another injury, the whole thing could have blown up in our faces. But Lebron stayed healthy, the roster jelled in the playoffs, and we won another title. Even if the breaks go against us and we don't win another title with Lebron, you'd take a title in the hand over two in the bush.

You were wrong a lot before the trade and after. I remember your posts. I can go back and post them tomorrow if you would like. But some were just trash
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

32 wrote:
Dedmon hasn't cleared waivers yet. There are rumors on Twitter that Whiteside could sign with the Sacramento Kings. For possibly the MLE.

The most likely destination....all they have is Holmes and they have the $.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
https://twitter.com/MagicJuan1/status/1331440889420525569

Jesus Carushowwwwwwwww

This is why the coaching staff is comfortable with an emerging AC as the primary backup PG since it appears Shroder will start. Digging our 5 guard rotation assuming we get to see 20 or so high octain minutes per game with both Alex and the kid THT playing off ball.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
32 wrote:
The Lakers won that Anthony Davis trade and everybody knows it. The Lakers got a Hall of Famer just starting to hit his prime years. If you can't see that you're blind.

Eh, that's the wrong question. Most trades aren't zero-sum games with a winner and a loser. Davis wanted out of New Orleans and was pushing for a trade to the Lakers. Under the circumstances, the Pelicans got an awful lot of value. They got what they needed. We became relevant again, made the playoffs, and won a title. We got what we needed. Everyone won.

Another way to look at it though is: should we have made the trade or not?

Sure. I considered it to be a risky trade at the time, but it worked out. If Lebron had another injury, the whole thing could have blown up in our faces. But Lebron stayed healthy, the roster jelled in the playoffs, and we won another title. Even if the breaks go against us and we don't win another title with Lebron, you'd take a title in the hand over two in the bush.

I do not think we as fans truly appreciate how quickly that roster came together to play winning basketball. That level of chemistry that fast is not the norm.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:

if both Zo and BI ever become top 5 - we lost this trade.

Incorrect - if both Zo & BI become Top-5 players, we STILL win the trade:

1 - We won a chip IMMEDIATELY while the kids are still developing;
2 - We are still "chip ready" and could go B2B and even 3-peat;
3 - It would be extremely difficult to keep two homegrown Top-5 players together long enough to win it all (see: OKC)
4 - Lonzo hasn't yet shown that he's a top-50 player, much less the potential to be top-5.

I am not sure you can call my opinion incorrect just because your opinion differs - as your arguments don't convince me - like at all. It is possible because I meant to say "in the long run" (which I have not) - and I stand by my opinion.

First two points you made are unquestionable - that's why you do this trade over and over - but that wouldn't mean we won the trade in the long run. Your third point is simply wrong as it is highly questionable assertion. When you get (not two - but three) All-NBA talent like KD, WB and The Beard - you don't cheapen out and maximize it as it simply doesn't happen too often. And then you nurture them as they are invaluable (BTW - OKC is a somewhat weird example as I am not even sure how all three of them would have meshed together as all of them have to initiate to be fully effective).

And - as it pertains to Zo - sure he hasn't shown it; he is still a rookie. I am not sure you are capable of projecting who he will be two-three years down the road. Not sure what to do with your argument here as it has nothing to do with an argument why my statement is incorrect other than your strong belief that he doesn't have a potential to ever become top 5 player. And that's OK - I am not going to argue but all it was a hypothetical assertion on my part - that's what "If" means

Zo is going on year 4, not close to a rookie.

Right; Most players on the rookie pay scale still called 'pups' or 'rooks' (unless it is Kobe Bean ) by veteran players. And this is an exact season for Zo which talent evaluators call "make or break season" for this draft class. And - in case of Zo - I don't think he ever was able to play at least 60 games in a season before last one (despite it being shortened). In other words - I think, the jury is still out on him. Just MHO

So the guys that got max drafted after him are.make or break? Lol

Not sure what you're LOL about - instead you can simply say 'o, really? I didn't know it'.
O, yeah - BI's case ('make or break') is as common as Fox or Tatum you are referring to from Zo draft ('no-brainer' by their franchise assessment, extended already).

In BI draft class - just from what I remember: Ben Simmons, Jamal Murray and Jaylen Brown got their extension last summer, before this "make or break' season. BI 'made it'...
Hope, it helps you to understand the meaning
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject:

13-14 season 27-55 - LOTTO (Julius Randle)
14-15 season 21-61 - LOTTO (D'LO, Nance)
15-16 season 17-65 - LOTTO (Ingram, Zubac)
16-17 season 26-56 - LOTTO (Lonzo)
17-18 season 35-47 - LOTTO (Moe Wagner, Bonga, Svi)
18-19 season 37-45 - LOTTO (THT)

19-20 CHAMPS
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject:

No wonder why people call Lakers fans spoiled. We finally won a title after a ten year drought that came along with 6 consecutive trips to the lottery and we have fans who are actually debating the AD trade?

Wow. Even winning a ring isn’t enough. It clearly worked out for us. Lonzo will never be great and Ingram puts up nice stats that stalls the offense. That’s about it.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:

19-20 CHAMPS

Kuz and JC
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

Can you guys just PM eachother. I’m all about pettiness, but it’s starting to get irritating. I appreciate it, fam.

+1

There's SO much to be excited about...the receipts and 'I'm right' deadline ended the day before one of the best FAs in our history began.

The next opening is after we raise #18...it should be #19 but they dont count our very first one...so #18, that's when we can call for receipts again.

Cool? Cool?

We like both you guys.

#BannersOverBillboards
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject:

We are definitely spoiled fans. That’s Laker fandom for you.

I remember complaining after our 2003 loss to the Spurs that the Glen Rice for Eddie Jones trade was terrible and was the reason why we didn’t fourpeat and being legitimately angry about it.

(I will go to my grave thinking that. Glen Rice gave us barely anything of value in our first Shaq Kobe ring against Indiana and left anyway. Had we kept Eddie, he could have slid into that Ron Harper slot the next season and we would have had a big all star backcourt to go with Shaq for the next 4 to 5 years and I’m getting riled up just thinking about it again....)

Last edited by pokoy on Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
No wonder why people call Lakers fans spoiled. We finally won a title after a ten year drought that came along with 6 consecutive trips to the lottery and we have fans who are actually debating the AD trade?

Wow. Even winning a ring isn’t enough. It clearly worked out for us. Lonzo will never be great and Ingram puts up nice stats that stalls the offense. That’s about it.

is anybody debating it? Maybe I missed it, but I did not see a post where someone took the position that we should not have traded for AD?

Either way, I am cool if someone believes that....and honestly you cannot 100% prove it wrong. I believe it has proven to be the right decision, but there is nothing absolute to compare it to....as in we do not know the outcome short or long term if the trade was not made. That is every single trade....we can have opinions....even opinions with support, but unless we saw the alternative play out in an alternate reality, it remains an personal opinion.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

19-20 CHAMPS

Kuz and JC

And Hart.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
is shaquille harrison really 6'7"? if so, he can be our tall wing defender

No.

And logic thanks for the Carushow video...Damn! That dude has really filled out! Must put insane work into his body.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

I remember complaining after our 2003 loss to the Spurs that the Glen Rice for Eddie Jones trade was terrible and was the reason why we didn’t fourpeat and being legitimately angry about it.

(I will go to my grave thinking that. Glen Rice gave us barely anything of value in our first Shaq Kobe ring against Indiana and left anyway. Had we kept Eddie, he could have slid into that Ron Harper slot the next season and we would have had a big all star backcourt to go with Shaq for the next 4 to 5 years and I’m getting riled up just thinking about it again....)

[Hand to the Sky and Zero Shame]

Guilty!

#BannersOverBillboards
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I do not think we as fans truly appreciate how quickly that roster came together to play winning basketball. That level of chemistry that fast is not the norm.

The bubble seemed to affect different teams very differently. Whatever we did in the bubble really worked. We didn’t seem to have that kind of chemistry at the break.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

LOL! I still go back to Showtime. I don't know why we held on to everybody after Magic retired. Held on to Scott till he walked. Held on to AC till he walked. Held on to Worthy till he broke and retired. Then again, if we didn't take the path we took, we don't end up with Kobe and Shaq. It's Wonderful Life, Butterfly Effect, etc. Maybe keeping Eddie equals no Kobe/Pau titles.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

do not care how many banners we hang, I will never fully be ok about the Nick Van Excel trade for Tony Battle and draft rights to Lue. I do not care about Cancun....Van Exel was nearly all we had during a dark period, and will always be one of my favorites.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:

19-20 CHAMPS

Yeah and you put AD without LBJ on the floor and you get similar records.

Had LBJ not injured his groin we would have made the playoffs.

Good grief
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

LOL! I still go back to Showtime. I don't know why we held on to everybody after Magic retired. Held on to Scott till he walked. Held on to AC till he walked. Held on to Worthy till he broke and retired. Then again, if we didn't take the path we took, we don't end up with Kobe and Shaq. It's Wonderful Life, Butterfly Effect, etc. Maybe keeping Eddie equals no Kobe/Pau titles.

we should have never seen James Worthy washed, setting on the bench of that crappy 93-94 team. It would have been better for everyone if he retires after the 92-93 season.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

we should have never seen James Worthy washed, setting on the bench of that crappy 93-94 team. It would have been better for everyone if he retires after the 92-93 season.

I honestly dont remember that...I remember the 42 points...the baseline spin...the absolute layout for the loose ball in the Finals. And not him lighting cigars.

Hmmmmph.

#BannersOverBillboards
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I honestly dont remember that...I remember the 42 points...the baseline spin...the absolute layout for the loose ball in the Finals. And not him lighting cigars.

Hmmmmph.

I remember him stretching his arms out wide and pretending to be a plane.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

True, I do like that Pau is part of our history now. Eddie was one of my favorites though (and like adkindo - Nick Van Exel also), and maybe his #6 would hang in the rafters had he stayed? Who knows. I really shouldn’t complain but that proves it - Spoiled.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5447, 5448, 5449 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5448 of 8560
Jump to: