OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 589, 590, 591 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Klay to L.A
The Los Angeles Lakers will soon be getting a two-way superstar not named Kawhi. His name? Klay Thompson. L.A fans can look forward to seeing Klay suit up for the purple and gold in 2019 alongside Lebron James. Fox sports analyst, Colin Cowherd, has his two cents on this.

https://clutchzone2k.com/nba-rumors-klay-to-lakers/
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Klay to L.A
The Los Angeles Lakers will soon be getting a two-way superstar not named Kawhi. His name? Klay Thompson. L.A fans can look forward to seeing Klay suit up for the purple and gold in 2019 alongside Lebron James. Fox sports analyst, Colin Cowherd, has his two cents on this.

No way in hell I am clicking that link. Get that out of here!
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Klay to L.A

No worries just wait 7 months.

Ball
Klay
Bi
McGee
Kuzma
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
do you guys think Davis would let us lowball the Pelicans if it came down to him still being there at next seasons deadline, and Rich Paul telling other teams to not give up assets because AD wont re-sign there? if we offer some smaller package than they expect, he might feel like we are using his promise to us to force the team he probably wants to part with on good terms, into a bad deal for them. in an eventual trade next season (after we already added another max), i would want to keep Zo, Kuz, Bonga and one of Svi/Hart. so my offer would be along the lines of Ingram, Zubac, Hart/Svi, Wagner and how much ever 1st rounders it takes. considering he will leave few months after that anyway, they might feel like its better to take something than nothing, but Davis' will would be decisive in such scenario

Outside of Lebron, we do not get to dictate what NO gets for AD.

thats not what i asked about though

Just saying that what you want is irrelevant.

NO will decide what they want from us, if they are open to trading him to us st all which I highly doubt.

yeah, instead of using this thread for its purpose, lets not discuss anything then, since all our opinions are irrelevant. lets just post trades/signings when they happen and comment on them, and be done with it

you and i dont know how NOLA will handle the Davis situation one year from now, so lets not pretend we do

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

We really need a trade to put a spark on the team, they are very very inconsistent, I wonder why we didn’t try getting Oubre?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Beal just became super expensive to trade for.

Looks like they will stay put and get booted in 1/2 rd
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

They were never going to trade him.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerLogic wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

And u don't know that.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

noahp45 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Klay to L.A

Ball
Klay
Bi
McGee
Kuzma

i dont get it... where's Lebron at in that lineup?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Can Ariza still be traded by Feb 7? I would still like to trade KCP for Trevor.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Wizards can give KCP the proper minutes so he can get a decent contract this summer.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wizards can give KCP the proper minutes so he can get a decent contract this summer.

cant they? is Beal starting at PG? also, i still think KCP wants to a team that will re-sign him, keeping his Bird rights in case he signs another 1 year deal

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Klay to L.A

Ball
Klay
Bi
McGee
Kuzma

i dont get it... where's Lebron at in that lineup?

Lol
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

And u don't know that.

It makes perfect sense that they wouldn't trade him - under contract for 2.5 more seasons, he hasn't demanded a trade, he's the best player on the team to build around, etc.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

i too think they want to keep Beal rather than Wall and Porter. but it depends on what the plan is going forward. build around him (is he good enough for it)? can they land a 2nd star? can they get out of Walls contract? they might come to conclusion that trading him at peak value is better in the long run

PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Who's going to want to touch Walls contract though?

Nobody wants that on their books.
Beal is tradable.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Honestly our young core to me are role players now and in the near future. I’m honestly not confident about them being all nba level players. So that’ll be interesting to see how other teams value them.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

They will trade Wall and Porter before Beal, but if there are no takers Beal will be available imo but it will be at a high price that I wouldn’t do. Something like young core player, another cost controlled player and 2 1st round picks.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

cant they? is Beal starting at PG? also, i still think KCP wants to a team that will re-sign him, keeping his Bird rights in case he signs another 1 year deal

The early Bird Rights get wiped out if he gets traded this season.

So focus on finding a team that has a need to play him now so he gets minutes to show other teams what he can do since the Bird - early Bird rights aren't going to be a factor.

Last edited by Bard207 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for that klove for wall trade! No link.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
do you guys think Davis would let us lowball the Pelicans if it came down to him still being there at next seasons deadline, and Rich Paul telling other teams to not give up assets because AD wont re-sign there? if we offer some smaller package than they expect, he might feel like we are using his promise to us to force the team he probably wants to part with on good terms, into a bad deal for them. in an eventual trade next season (after we already added another max), i would want to keep Zo, Kuz, Bonga and one of Svi/Hart. so my offer would be along the lines of Ingram, Zubac, Hart/Svi, Wagner and how much ever 1st rounders it takes. considering he will leave few months after that anyway, they might feel like its better to take something than nothing, but Davis' will would be decisive in such scenario

Why do you think that New Orleans will let this uncertainty drag on for another year?

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to make the decisions next summer when there is the most flexibility to make major moves?
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Vucevic might be the difference

Does Orlando say no?

Stephenson, Zubac, Wagner, 2019 1st round pick for Vucevic

You have to figure at some point Orlando might be completely out of the playoffs picture before the trade deadline and might be looking to sell, particularly on Vucevic who is in the last year of his contract and may be looking for a winning situation going into next year. The Magic might also want to open up more minutes for Bamba and tank a little more for the upcoming draft. At this point, they should also consider Zubac as a very capable backup going into the future. Wagner can also help them down the line.

For the Lakers, you get a floor-spacing big man who averages 20, 12 and is an excellent passer. His value at age 28 in my opinion is certainly worth more than a first round pick in the 20's if we are looking at re-routing him for Anthony Davis as part of a S&T in the offseason (along with Ingram and multiple picks).

For the Lakers, it also gives us a credible shot at going to the finals this year IMO.

C - Vucevic/McGee/Chandler
F - Kuzma/Beasley
F - Bron/Hart/Svi
G - Ingram/KCP
G - Ball/Rondo
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Vucevic might be the difference

Zubolo wrote:
Does Orlando say no?

You have to figure at some point Orlando might be completely out of the playoffs picture before the trade deadline and might be looking to sell, particularly on Vucevic who is in the last year of his contract and may be looking for a winning situation going into next year. The Magic might also want to open up more minutes for Bamba and tank a little more for the upcoming draft. At this point, they should also consider Zubac as a very capable backup going into the future. Wagner can also help them down the line.

For the Lakers, you get a floor-spacing big man who averages 20, 12 and is an excellent passer. His value at age 28 in my opinion is certainly worth more than a first round pick in the 20's if we are looking at re-routing him for Anthony Davis as part of a S&T in the offseason (along with Ingram and multiple picks).

For the Lakers, it also gives us a credible shot at going to the finals this year IMO.

F - Kuzma/Beasley
F - Bron/Hart/Svi
G - Ingram/KCP
G - Ball/Rondo

Orlando should/would say yes.

What if Vucevic doesn't want to go to New Orleans?

What if New Orleans wants to rebuild and doesn't want Vucevic on an expensive contract?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Vucevic might be the difference

Bard207 wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
Does Orlando say no?

F - Kuzma/Beasley
F - Bron/Hart/Svi
G - Ingram/KCP
G - Ball/Rondo

Orlando should/would say yes.

What if Vucevic doesn't want to go to New Orleans?

What if New Orleans wants to rebuild and doesn't want Vucevic on an expensive contract?

I like Vucevic, getting him would be like the Cavs with Lebron and Kevin Love. We will need a good starting SG though, so if you are cutting loose KCP, Beasley, and Rondo, you have some good money, maybe $24-25 million, but not max money. So what free agent PG or SG do you get that for that kind of money? If you could get Thompson or KL to sign a 1 year deal for the amount and then re-up them the following year(s), then you have something very tasty indeed.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject:

^^
Looking at page 1 of the thread, in this scenario, where we trade for Vucevic for a couple of cheeseburgers: If you res-sign him for 2019-2020 (and beyond), who do you get to in the backcourt with that less than max-money available:

Lets assume at PG that Irving, Walker, and possibly Dragic are pipe-dreams, they will want max money in a league suddenly awash with it again next year. Point guards who can shoot well, possibly fit in with our crew, and be an upgrade over Ball/Rondo shooting the ball: Eric Bledsoe and Darren collision might be the most reasonable targets. Ball is then the backup PG.

Bledsoe or Collision
Ingram
Lebron
Kuzma
Vucevic

Lot more options at SG, and though the Lakers will swing for the fences, assume Klay, Butler, and KL are pipe. If we get any of those three, wow. Someone who I think might be a little under the radar and gettable for less than max money would be Tyreke Evans. Ingram then is probably the 6th man, and given another year to develop.

Ball
Evans
Lebron
Kuzma
Vucevic
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 589, 590, 591 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 590 of 8560
Jump to: