OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 629, 630, 631 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

wow, still talking about Dlo...ship has sailed plus he isn't that great....some serious Dlo love on this site still.
Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
32 wrote:
The Bradley Beal Sweepstakes Is On: Execs Dish on Deals for NBA's Top Trade Chip

Quote:
In the West, the Lakers have to be part of the conversation because of the LeBron James factor, though it's not clear to rival executives whom they're willing to trade in any deal and whom they aren't.

"At one point a month ago, they were dangling Lonzo [Ball] a little bit, but now they don't want to trade him," one of the execs said.

Josh Hart, Ivica Zubac and Moritz Wagner are available, rival executives say, while pretty much everyone else is off the table. To get Beal, it's going to take a lot more than that.

How is Ingram not the first name on the list but is a player that is "off the table"? Is Magic still this delusional and has that dude in "untouchable" status?

Ingram + 2 of those 3 guys + a pick should be the offer. Nothing higher.

Ingram, Hart, and Zubac and a pick for Beal?

Glad you are not our GM... maybe Ingram and a pick... but you are taking your vendetta against BI way too far.

Beal is a good player who fits what we need... but that is way too much when we could sign someone like Klay or Khris for free in the summer.

Beal is a stud and that is the kind of trade it would take. Washington isn't desperate to move him. Klay isn't going anywhere.. Khris Middleton will probably want near a max contract in FA. He isn't worth that. Maybe he is to MIL who are trying to appease Giannis. Beal is a great value. Also tell me how we are getting Anthony Davis if we don't have someone like Beal. You think they want Ingram? You offer Beal, Kuzma, and some other things and they might actually pick up the call.

Yeah good thing I'm not the GM because Ingram would be LONG gone and we would have Paul George right now. You all want to make this a throwaway season and pray for KD or KL in FA. What happens if we strike out again and a lot of these young players value continues to decrease?
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
32 wrote:
The Bradley Beal Sweepstakes Is On: Execs Dish on Deals for NBA's Top Trade Chip

Quote:
In the West, the Lakers have to be part of the conversation because of the LeBron James factor, though it's not clear to rival executives whom they're willing to trade in any deal and whom they aren't.

"At one point a month ago, they were dangling Lonzo [Ball] a little bit, but now they don't want to trade him," one of the execs said.

Josh Hart, Ivica Zubac and Moritz Wagner are available, rival executives say, while pretty much everyone else is off the table. To get Beal, it's going to take a lot more than that.

How is Ingram not the first name on the list but is a player that is "off the table"? Is Magic still this delusional and has that dude in "untouchable" status?

Glad you are not our GM... maybe Ingram and a pick... but you are taking your vendetta against BI way too far.

Beal is a good player who fits what we need... but that is way too much when we could sign someone like Klay or Khris for free in the summer.

Beal is a stud and that is the kind of trade it would take. Washington isn't desperate to move him. Klay isn't going anywhere.. Khris Middleton will probably want near a max contract in FA. He isn't worth that. Maybe he is to MIL who are trying to appease Giannis. Beal is a great value. Also tell me how we are getting Anthony Davis if we don't have someone like Beal. You think they want Ingram? You offer Beal, Kuzma, and some other things and they might actually pick up the call.

Yeah good thing I'm not the GM because Ingram would be LONG gone and we would have Paul George right now. You all want to make this a throwaway season and pray for KD or KL in FA. What happens if we strike out again and a lot of these young players value continues to decrease?

And Beal would put us over the top? I think not. It's better to keep our you guys for now and try to sign KD or KL even if it's a long shot, because beal would not put us over the top
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are not willing to trade Ball or Ingram for Beal it seems

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816403-the-bradley-beal-sweepstakes-is-on-execs-dish-on-deals-for-nbas-top-trade-chip
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

You have no clue that Klay isn't leaving. None.
I happen to think, and have always said here, that Klay is the most gettable of all the free agents, and fits perfectly, not yet another small forward.
You have as much knowledge that Klay will stay, as I do that he will leave.
None.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

There’s been numerous reports that klay wants to stay with the warriors.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

I would keep everything status quo. Maybe make a small trade by the deadline but that's it. Unless there's an opportunity to trade for Anthony Davis. Also keep an eye on the buyout market. We are in great position heading into the summer.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:

There were numerous reports that Lebron was going to the sixers.
There were numerous reports that Kd would resign in OKC.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Boogie cousins looked good last night, all things considered.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Christopher Walken wrote:
Boogie cousins looked good last night, all things considered.

The key is if he can keep it up consistently cause he is eventually gonna go on a funk because of to much time off.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

“Absolutely,” he said. “Playing for one team your whole career is definitely special. Only so many guys have done it in professional sports, so it’ll be a goal of mine. Hopefully it all works out.”

Thompson is so hopeful of making it all work that he said last fall, in an interview with The Athletic, he would consider a hometown-discount contract from the Warriors.

“It’s so far away,” Thompson said of his pending free agency. “Anything I can do to stay with the Warriors is first and foremost. God willing, it happens. If not, I don’t even think about that.”

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/02/15/report-golden-state-warriors-guard-klay-thompson-goal-play-only-one-team

If you expect Klay to leave the Warriors then you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Draymond is far more likely to be toast
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:

He does, but do the warrior want to pay him the money he wants? He would sign a contract that takes him to 34yo. That would lock them up to two players at over half the Cap.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
where24happens wrote:

He does, but do the warrior want to pay him the money he wants? He would sign a contract that takes him to 34yo. That would lock them up to two players at over half the Cap.

He's said he's willing to take a discount
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
“Absolutely,” he said. “Playing for one team your whole career is definitely special. Only so many guys have done it in professional sports, so it’ll be a goal of mine. Hopefully it all works out.”

Thompson is so hopeful of making it all work that he said last fall, in an interview with The Athletic, he would consider a hometown-discount contract from the Warriors.

“It’s so far away,” Thompson said of his pending free agency. “Anything I can do to stay with the Warriors is first and foremost. God willing, it happens. If not, I don’t even think about that.”

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/02/15/report-golden-state-warriors-guard-klay-thompson-goal-play-only-one-team

If you expect Klay to leave the Warriors then you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Draymond is far more likely to be toast

Just haft to wait and see, Cavs didn't thing Bron would leave and he left twice.

Okc didn't think KD would leave. And he left.for the team that beat him
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
where24happens wrote:

He turned down that discount already when they offered him a contract. He wants a lot just not as much as curry got.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys, lets pack it up and not try and go for any free agents like Klay- apparently he said he's already signing with the warriors, AND giving them a discount.
Stupid me for thinking we should try to get him.

Gonna save this page for a later date...
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Paul George is easily worth Ball and Ingram. OKC would be so much worse without him.

He really won that game against Philly. He made clutch basket after clutch basket and locked up Jimmy Butler.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Paul George is easily worth Ball and Ingram. OKC would be so much worse without him.

He really won that game against Philly. He made clutch basket after clutch basket and locked up Jimmy Butler.

Cool, well he can enjoy floundering in the meth capital of the United States.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
drae wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
where24happens wrote:

He turned down that discount already when they offered him a contract. He wants a lot just not as much as curry got.

Klay pretty much informed Golden State that he was not going to be taking a hometown discount during contract renegotiations last summer.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:

Too bad for them he couldn’t make clutch basket after clutch basket after BI started guarding him 🤷🏻‍♂️
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

I would seriously make a play for DLo if we strike out on our top choices. DLo as a free agent over Bradley Beal in trade.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Remember when we wanted Westbrook? Could you imagine right now? At the same time we were dogging Rondo. I still think the jury is out on Rondo because of so little time he has played. I do like what I see from him, and with the way Westbrook is playing is more beneficial to our team and organization as a whole.

Last edited by 24Legend007 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

can we revisit my BI for Joe Harris and DLO idea

I guess at this point brooklyn laughs and hangs up
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

I agree
Go4thaGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Just having some pre trade deadline fun...

Ball to Brooklyn?

KCP to the Kings?

Michael to Minnesota?

Josh Hart to the Jazz?

Wagner to the Wizards?

Ingram to Indiana?

What a whirlwind lol! Anybody got anymore?
Go Chargers!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 629, 630, 631 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 630 of 8560
Jump to: