OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7041, 7042, 7043 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Now, all we have to do is take back the 2 way from Ayayi, give in to Chaunde Brown and lets role.

Can they do that? Chaundee has been the better player by far.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Now, all we have to do is take back the 2 way from Ayayi, give in to Chaunde Brown and lets role.

Can they do that? Chaundee has been the better player by far.

Yes, they can.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Sekou is 6'9” in shoes, 6'11” wingspan. 42.5”max vertical. He was one of the best athletes in the 2019 draft.

He should provide depth, in light of all these injuries he may play significant minutes.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Sekou is 6'9” in shoes, 6'11” wingspan. 42.5”max vertical. He was one of the best athletes in the 2019 draft.

i dont know much about him but those metrics are appealing. I wonder why he wasn't able to find a roster spot.

Because he’s not good

Last edited by pjiddy on Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
Jabari Young: Adam Silver just now at SBJ conference: The bundle is “broken” …and with that… fair to say #NBA really rethinking how it’s TV/steaming distribution future will look as RSNs aren’t in great shape. #Sportsbiz – via Twitter JabariJYoung

Have you been following this closely enough to be able to translate it? I'm not sure what that means.

Not sure if it’s what Silver is talking about, but the hallmark of Cable TV economics is bundle pricing, and regional networks run through that “cord”. Consumers are increasingly balking at that structure. The NBA blacks out teams in-region to preserve the local TV market, but at some point they could look to go consumer direct (already have League Pass. Just need to end the blackouts and invest in coverage content). I think they’d prefer to let the networks handle that and just get the HBO model. But that would require a major shift from regional networks.

Oh, I get it now. I didn't understand what "bundle" meant in this context.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

It took injuries, but this is smart for young, wing defense.

He will add value on the defensive end.

Edit: we better not lose Chaundee Brown. Kid can play.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Great signing, We have a bunch of guys who can score but can't defend tall wing players..

monk, rondo,westbrook, ellington, tht, nunn, and now with ariza out.. we need that size.

He is only 20 years old too.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

i dont know much about him but those metrics are appealing. I wonder why he wasn't able to find a roster spot.

He was a project who didn't develop. Here are his per 36 numbers, which are pretty bad:

http://bkref.com/pi/shareit/gopud

I see people saying that he is a defensive stud, but his DRPM was -1.60. That's pretty bad for a forward. Overall, he looks unplayable. He may develop into something on a two-way contract, so it wouldn't be a bad investment. In another year or two, he might be ready to play in the NBA.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Probably because he sucks

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Many instances where a young prospect just needs the right opportunity to show they belong in the NBA. I don't believe prospect AC would have succeeded with a number of other teams as he did with the Lakers. Would the Lakers have even given him a camp invite this year if it was his first or even second year out of college? Another example is Christian Woods who was released by multiple teams.

Here is my take on him that I posted a few days ago when asked by V17+

I still believe he is a talented prospect who got caught up in the numbers game with the Pistons and Rockets. Long term fits as a PF and could also become a stretch C. Just a lot of options with him.

For such a young raw prospect he played well his rookie year. Got caught up behind Saddiq Bey last year and with a new GM I assume he fell out of favor.

You just can't have enough 6'9" ish type players with length and multi skilled. They are so valuable on defense and is a tough match up on offense. Think of the Raptors model which I believe in. Unleash Handy on him and give him a full year in the Gleague and I believe the Lakers will have a solid player.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Those are in essence.. ELITE measurements, like I said if the coaching staff and LeBron can help him be engaged the sky is the limit if not he’s gonna end up playing in Europe or China.

how are those elite measurements? his wingspan is only 2 inches bigger than his height
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
27 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

He was a project who didn't develop. Here are his per 36 numbers, which are pretty bad:

http://bkref.com/pi/shareit/gopud

I see people saying that he is a defensive stud, but his DRPM was -1.60. That's pretty bad for a forward. Overall, he looks unplayable. He may develop into something on a two-way contract, so it wouldn't be a bad investment. In another year or two, he might be ready to play in the NBA.

Well I think we can say he's more athletic then any other 6'8 guy (besides Bron of course) we currently have and he has the potential to be better than both our 2 way players from last year.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Well I think we can say he's more athletic then any other 6'8 guy (besides Bron of course) we currently have and he has the potential to be better than both our 2 way players from last year.

That's a pretty low bar. As long as everyone understands that this kid is a development project and not someone who can provide quality minutes in the NBA right now, it's all good.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

In regards to Sekou, I find it hard to draw much from stats where players are given minimal and sporadic playing time with most likely a multitude of line ups.

For a better reference I fall back on their Gleauge numbers when possible as if they can't produce at that level then they most likely will not in the NBA.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/d/doumbse01d.html

This is one of the reasons I had hope for both AC and Zubac in their early Laker days.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/c/carusal01d.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/z/zubaciv01d.html
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Those are in essence.. ELITE measurements, like I said if the coaching staff and LeBron can help him be engaged the sky is the limit if not he’s gonna end up playing in Europe or China.

how are those elite measurements? his wingspan is only 2 inches bigger than his height

Those are still significant, you are talking about a guy who is big for a SF he can help us guard Kawhi Leonard and Durant.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

I’m not taking any stats from Detroit serious. Drummond had good numbers and he was abysmal. Sekou is 20. A pure project. Just like Bonga was. If he can play some defense and dunk. I’m happy.

I really wish the Lakers cut DJ. Signed Ennis and then kept Cam Oliver. DJ is washed beyond help.

Longtime LG lurker.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject:

I was critical of the potential signing when the Nets waived him but I’m gonna give it a chance, the risk is very low because we can end up waiving him any time but I love young players who can overcome obstacles in there NBA career.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

From what I’ve watched, he looks really rough. No real feel. Can barely dribble. Every highlight is him finishing an open fast break or putback or a 3 (which i don’t expect to be reliable).

I’d put him slightly below the Giannis brother we had.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
I’m not taking any stats from Detroit serious. Drummond had good numbers and he was abysmal. Sekou is 20. A pure project. Just like Bonga was. If he can play some defense and dunk. I’m happy.

I really wish the Lakers cut DJ. Signed Ennis and then kept Cam Oliver. DJ is washed beyond help.

The DAJ signing is such a joke. I can’t believe we have to play him this year. And i thought Drummond was a bad signing, but he’ll feel like Gobert after a full season of Jordan.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
From what I’ve watched, he looks really rough. No real feel. Can barely dribble. Every highlight is him finishing an open fast break or putback or a 3 (which i don’t expect to be reliable).

You can’t underestimate the fact that this guy was a lottery pick and Kostas wasn’t, Kostas has no NBA playing talent, Sekou does, he just needs to be around better leaders and development system.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

You can’t underestimate the fact that this guy was a lottery pick and Kostas wasn’t, Kostas has no NBA playing talent, Sekou does, he just needs to be around better leaders and development system.

There is a special NBA graveyard for guys that were drafted purely on measurables. Telling that two teams with strong developmental backgrounds didn’t waste any time waiving him.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I was surprised BKN waived him, still very young and raw. Probably the best player out there that suits our current needs, given Ariza is out

Really glad to have him, was sure he’d get a normal contract
#18 next...
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Young players like Sekou usually don't get to show their full talents as they defer to their teammates and fill a role as spot shooter, cutters, rim running.

Here he shows you his handles where he is not deferring. Yes it is Gleauge but the skill is there.

Kostas never showed much talent besides being athletic.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
27 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Many instances where a young prospect just needs the right opportunity to show they belong in the NBA. I don't believe prospect AC would have succeeded with a number of other teams as he did with the Lakers. Would the Lakers have even given him a camp invite this year if it was his first or even second year out of college? Another example is Christian Woods who was released by multiple teams.

Here is my take on him that I posted a few days ago when asked by V17+

I still believe he is a talented prospect who got caught up in the numbers game with the Pistons and Rockets. Long term fits as a PF and could also become a stretch C. Just a lot of options with him.

For such a young raw prospect he played well his rookie year. Got caught up behind Saddiq Bey last year and with a new GM I assume he fell out of favor.

You just can't have enough 6'9" ish type players with length and multi skilled. They are so valuable on defense and is a tough match up on offense. Think of the Raptors model which I believe in. Unleash Handy on him and give him a full year in the Gleague and I believe the Lakers will have a solid player.

as others stated -- maybe he sucks but I hope he works out with the Lakers, of course.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
I was surprised BKN waived him, still very young and raw. Probably the best player out there that suits our current needs, given Ariza is out

Really glad to have him, was sure he’d get a normal contract

For BKN it all comes down to $$$$$'s. They have made multiple moves to lessen their lux tax.

For Houston they have a roster full of young prospects that were drafted by their current administration. Not enough development time for all of them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7041, 7042, 7043 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7042 of 8560
Jump to: