OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 997, 998, 999 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

NO DEALS WITH THE CLIPPERS!

This should be an absolute rule from Jeanie. Not sure if anyone heard or noticed that Jerry West was on Stephen A. Smith's radio show yesterday and claimed Magic Johnson in the greatest Laker of all time. On the surface, that seems fine as many people agree with the assessment, but the problem is West is on the record multiple times in previous years declaring Kobe Bryant as the greatest Laker of all time!

This feels like a setup....stroking Magic's ego for the next time the Clippers want to fleece Magic in a trade.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
I could see magic over think it Trade Ball plus Bi for AD and sign Kemba

Only Ball and BI?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

This should be an absolute rule from Jeanie. Not sure if anyone heard or noticed that Jerry West was on Stephen A. Smith's radio show yesterday and claimed Magic Johnson in the greatest Laker of all time. On the surface, that seems fine as many people agree with the assessment, but the problem is West is on the record multiple times in previous years declaring Kobe Bryant as the greatest Laker of all time!

This feels like a setup....stroking Magic's ego for the next time the Clippers want to fleece Magic in a trade.

Prefer that Magic doesn’t make any deals.

All those perceptions and statements of Magic being impatient and teams ready to take advantage have turned out to be accurate.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

I truly fear that none of the tier 1 FAs will want to sign here. As a result, Magic panics and gives out maxes to tier 2 or 3 guys, forcing us to trade for AD. And when it's all said and done, we won't win a title with LeBron at the helm and all our young guys are gone flourishing elsewhere. Then it's 2014 all over again.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

I still have no idea why we gave the Clips Zubac.

He's exactly the low cap hold center we needed too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

have Magic and/or Pelinka been asked yet?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

If Davis goes to a team where you still feel like you have a chance for him in 2020, I'm not against constructing another team of expirings, but doing it RIGHT this time.

It is admittedly a longshot, but you have to consider all options.

If Davis goes anywhere with a second "star" like Irving or Leonard or Durant, he's not leaving that type of situation, but if he happens to go to a team without another all-star, the Lakers still would have a legitimate shot at inking him in 2020.

Also, as I've been mentioning ad nauseum, the moment other teams recognize the Lakers will still have space next summer, the league will be on pause. I'm not saying that if the Lakers still have space next summer that NO team will trade for him. I'm only saying that if the league knows the Lakers will have space to sign Davis in 2020, teams will be acutely aware of the Lakers' presence and these teams will move with trepidation. A team will still trade for Davis but they will be hesitant to make their best offer with the presence of the Lakers still looming.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They're still hiding away or on vacation.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I would like to know what they say because I just do not get it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
If Davis goes to a team where you still feel like you have a chance for him in 2020, I'm not against constructing another team of expirings, but doing it RIGHT this time.

It is admittedly a longshot, but you have to consider all options.

If Davis goes anywhere with a second "star" like Irving or Leonard or Durant, he's not leaving that type of situation, but if he happens to go to a team without another all-star, the Lakers still would have a legitimate shot at inking him in 2020.

Also, as I've been mentioning ad nauseum, the moment other teams recognize the Lakers will still have space next summer, the league will be on pause. I'm not saying that if the Lakers still have space next summer that NO team will trade for him. I'm only saying that if the league knows the Lakers will have space to sign Davis in 2020, teams will be acutely aware of the Lakers' presence and these teams will move with trepidation. A team will still trade for Davis but they will be hesitant to make their best offer with the presence of the Lakers still looming.

I'm not entirely sure AD joins a then-35 year old LBJ as the centerpiece, with one (or more) of BI (21.7m cap hold in 2020) or Lonzo/others gone.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

have to took a step back and realize we are only hearing bad news regarding the lakers?

I think something big is going down and the league is scared so hear all these trash news

i am still mad at the job magic/rob are doing tough
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I would like to know what they say because I just do not get it.

If the Lakers still hold those town hall meetings with season ticket holders, someone needs to demand an explanation for that trade. It's really the only trade I can't wrap my head around and make sense of. At least I understand the thinking behind other trades, even if I didn't agree with it. The Zubac trade makes no sense.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
have to took a step back and realize we are only hearing bad news regarding the lakers?

I think something big is going down and the league is scared so hear all these trash news

Just curious, what makes you think that?
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

have you seen how everybody is pilling up on lebron and the lakers?

i mean there was no need for that wilbon report to come out?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

Lets say PHX gets #2 pick and takes Ja Morant while we end up somewhere between 6-10.

If Booker could be had for our lotto pick and say a future 2nd or something, do you guys do it?

Some people believe they may want to reshuffle the decks without Bookers giant deal as they do.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I, like the rest of the free world, was against the trade, but your statement is not trade, low cap hold or not. Again, I would have never made that trade, but Zubac is not the type of center this team needs.

With Ingram and Ball still sub 38% shooters, the "exact" center this team needs is someone who can spread the floor.

I'd rather have a center "like" Kelly Olynk for this team, defensive warts and all, than a traditional center like Zubac who is a better defender.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

So far management has let Russell, Randle, Zubac, and Bryant go, and all we have to show for it is Josh Hart and Muscala (who we probably won't retain)...

Yes, we have the additional cap space from dumping Mozgov, but as Brooklyn demonstrated, that could have been achieved later at a lesser cost...
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

So Kawhi is coming?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Lets say PHX gets #2 pick and takes Ja Morant while we end up somewhere between 6-10.

If Booker could be had for our lotto pick and say a future 2nd or something, do you guys do it?

Some people believe they may want to reshuffle the decks without Bookers giant deal as they do.

always thought they wanted to build around booker? booker + Morant fits tough

Also its going to take more then 6-10 pick to go get him.

if we can sure, lets do it
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
A new familiar name that some can't resist... we are doomed in the next election

How's Kembas d?

P-A-U-S-E
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

I have a different take. What LeBron represents is everything he has been since his second stint in Cleveland. The difference is that he is in LA and everything gets exposed and magnified. He was hidden in Cleveland.

As for everything negative about the Lakers? They deserve it. I think the coaching staff knows Luke is out the door and they had to say what happened last summer during the roster construction. Magic's ineptitude was exposed and even further exposed with the Zubac trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

the only big thing going down will be Luke getting canned after the season is over and perhaps some of the FO people getting removed from the job...
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

The reality is that no team rebuilds into championship quality overnight. We have Lebron and we have cap space deluxe. Sacrifices were made to accomplish this. That was the Part 1 goal, and it was a success.

Part 2 is scheduled for this summer.

All this Magic-bashing is overdone, and is getting a bit on the whiny side.

Zubac was a nice guy and a developing player, and I hated to see him go, but he wasn't exactly the 2nd coming of Shaq. He was easily pushed around down low, and had no mid range or outside game, no ability to stretch, and he was minimally impactful as a rim protector. DLo was let go because he didn't embrace the role of being a starting PG for the LA Lakers with the passion and dedication it demands. Also, the Laker plan called for obtaining a floor leader and defensive stopper as opposed to a scorer, which we got. As for Randle, he and his agent had issues/desires that the Lakers could not attend to.

As for how the current team was constructed, again, this goes back to the game plan of Magic and Pelinka. IT IS A TWO YEAR PLAN, FOLKS!! We're ending Year 1. This year's "vets" were just placeholders. These guys are not gong to be here next season.

This year's team was NOT supposed to do anything more than allow the young core to develop and mesh with Lebron James. What screwed that up...INJURIES. Not Magic. Not Jeannie. Not AD. INJURIES.

Everybody is tag-teaming Magic when the reality is that injuries, and to a lesser extent poorly planned contingencies for said injuries on Walton's part, are what screwed this year over.

This year's Laker team was not expected to do much in the playoffs, so not even making the playoffs isn't that much of a disappointment. Year 1 was never going to be our big year. Yes, that's hard to digest for us results-hungry fans, but it's the bitter truth.

Year 2...that's when things should start happening. So save the Magic-bashing for after this summer. Lets see what sort of team construction occurs in the off season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 997, 998, 999 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 998 of 8560
Jump to: