OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2302, 2303, 2304 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

Ujiri staying in Toronto would seem like a sign he thinks Kawhi will return....but for years there have been claims that Ujiri wanted a teardown/rebuild project....
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
epak wrote:
YSong wrote:
Prefer Bojan over DLo

Think he can be had for $15-16mm

Can't afford Bojan when we get Kyrie though.

Plan B busta

Busta Bus...
Do you really wanna party with me
Let me see just what you got for me
Put all your hands where my eyes can see
Straight buckwildin in the place to be
If you really wanna party with me
Let me see just what you got for me
Put all your hands where my eyes can see
Straight buckwildin in the place to be
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
YSong wrote:
Prefer Bojan over DLo

Bogdanovic + Beverly is a great plan B

Really would be. Would Lakers be able to sign 2 or 3 out of Seth curry, Stephenson, ariza or Lopez as well?? that bench would be fire.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
KCP, Rondo and Kemba were terrible in defense according to this chart. Matches with what I saw last season with KCP and Rondo. DLO around above average mark.

https://twitter.com/LifeOfABruin/status/1143027108412657667

Lamb was a good defender last year?
Dang, I should have paid more attention.

according to DRPM he was top 10 for a SG who got big minutes.. But according to lineup data, his lineup's DRT got egregiously worse when he went to the bench - from a 98DRT to 126DRT

https://www.atthehive.com/2019/5/10/18536252/charlotte-hornets-player-review-jeremy-lamb-dino-hunter

Guy who wrote the article seems confused that the lower Drating the better

cc: BVH
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
YSong wrote:
Prefer Bojan over DLo

What makes Bojan worth that much? Serious question, because I really don’t understand what he brings to the table other than great shooting (not much else on offense) and subpar defense. For that much money, you need to be getting more. Korver at the minimum gives us the same skill set at a fraction of the price?

You compared Bojan to Korver ... oh my!

I said he gives us the same skill set, not necessarily at the same level. Let me put it another way - is $15-16M the going rate for a shooter this summer? I'd be hesitant to give a 3-and-D guy that much, let alone just a "3" guy.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
YSong wrote:
Prefer Bojan over DLo

Bogdanovic + Beverly is a great plan B

Really would be. Would Lakers be able to sign 2 or 3 out of Seth curry, Stephenson, ariza or Lopez as well?? that bench would be fire.

Stephenson? There must be another, because it can't be the one I am thinking of....
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
j-dawg wrote:
CRoost wrote:
j-dawg wrote:
The one thing I don't like about a D'Angelo reacquisition is that you have to surround him with 3-and-D. It is a must that he come with someone that plays D. I feel like him and Kuzma on the floor together is already a defensive liability. I would also pass on him if his asking price is over $20mill/yr.

If you're going to spend $20 million or more on a single player, he's got to be a 2-way-player, or Kyrie.

And Lebron coasting too in D. You hope AD is healthy enough to plug all the holes. Offensively, a very good fit though.

That certainly doesn't inspire any confidence. I remember that was our excuse when we had Shaq and played slow footed PG's next to Kobe.

With LeBron dominating the ball, D'Angelo is a secondary ball handler and primarily a spot up shooter who doesn't contribute much on the defensive end. Not sure how you guys feel, but for $20 mill/yr, I would still prefer a 2-way player.

A good secondary ball-handler is really, really important, though, especially when your team's primary ball-handler is 34 years old.

Agreed. My next concern is, can a primary ball handler be had for under $20 mill/yr.?

Would rather have two players that can do what D'Angelo does, plus defense, than spending the money on D'Angelo. Would go after Bogdanovic/Beverly and hope that we add another quality ring chasing guard for less money.

This is not directed at you at all, but I understand why some Laker fans miss D'Angelo. We drafted him and he was one of our guys. But Eddie Jones never walked through that door again (and we had a ton of fans hoping that he would, time and time again). NVE never walked through that door again. We will be fine if D'Angelo doesn't walk through that door again.

Beverly and Bogdanovic aren't running an offense, though. At least not an effective one.

After Kawhi, Kyrie, Butler, and Kemba, you get DLo and then... Collison, Rubio, Payton, Rose, and Joseph as your next best initiators. I could be down with Collison as a great fit who's less expensive, but how much longer can he go at his size? Rubio defends and distributes (as does Joseph), but struggles shooting and playing off-ball. Payton and Rondo only pass while Rose only scores. The other options don't seem so hot to me.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

I like Bojan but I think we need a facilitator more than a shooter.

DLo will amplify the scoring of both Kuzma and AD. Bojan averages 1.4 assists per game throughout his career. Beverley 3.5 assists as a point guard.

I'm not sure Beverley's defense will offset that loss in playmaking.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
I really like this "new" thought of holding onto Bullock's cap hold to extend him. I don't think you're getting anyone better than him for $4.75M, but we can pay him more than that if we sign him last, and it still gives us $19-29M to work with beyond him. If you could split that $29 between DAR and someone like Marcus Morris, that's a huge off-season.

I love Marcus (he would be a PERFECT FIT) and tried to fit him in, but it will be almost impossible. DLO and Morris for a combined 32. How would it get sliced? Dlo 22/Marcus10?

I can see Marcus, DLO and KCP on this team, all Klutch sports. I think Rich Paul is going to buy the Lakers eventually.

I don't think we can keep KCP, honestly. His cap hold is $15.6M, he's almost certain to be renounced

The one thing we got going with KCP is that we will have his bird rights if he plays 1 more year with us.

Given the scenario that we renounce his hold and use up our cap and exceptions with other players, it is plausible that we can still go back to him and offer him the vet min with the Klutch guarantee of a significant pay raise next year. Of course, this is technically illegal, but I wouldn't put this past Rob and Klutch

I have to admit I'm not a cap expert. How does it work with our own FAs like KCP, Bullock and Muscala? If we renounce them to create room, can we then still sign them? I thought if you renounced their rights, essentially, you could no longer sign them. Can we renounce KCP and then give him the room MLE?

Also, if you give a player a contract below their cap hold, does that free up cap space? Example, KCP's cap hold is $15.6. If you gave him $1.5M, does that free up the remainder of his hold?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
KCP, Rondo and Kemba were terrible in defense according to this chart. Matches with what I saw last season with KCP and Rondo. DLO around above average mark.

Just going on that chart; Green + Bev would be better than any of the individual
players...right?
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

DLo will amplify the scoring of both Kuzma and AD. Bojan averages 1.4 assists per game throughout his career. Beverley 3.5 assists as a point guard.

Beverly shoots consistent 40% form 3. He does things well on offense very underrated part of his game due to his nasty defense he plays. Him and DLO would be ideal for this team
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Beverly shoots consistent 40% form 3. He does things well on offense very underrated part of his game due to his nasty defense he plays. Him and DLO would be ideal for this team

he averaged 7.6 points and 3.8 assists per game...he can't be doing too many good things
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Have you ever said to yourself or your friends watching a game... Gee, we should be good if Pat doesn't go off?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Just going on that chart; Green + Bev would be better than any of the individual
players...right?

Very good 3&D guys, yes.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Bev would be perfect, LBJ will probably play make anyway...
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

Collison over Beverly for PG because he can actually be a true initiator and secondary ball handler for Lebron. Bev has the edge defensively but it's not enough to close the gap between their playmaking abilities. Also, Collison is the more efficient scorer and shoots FTs at 88%
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Collison over Beverly for PG because he can actually be a true initiator and secondary ball handler for Lebron. Bev has the edge defensively but it's not enough to close the gap between their playmaking abilities. Also, Collison is the more efficient scorer and shoots FTs at 88%

if that was the choices, and it was considered close....I have no doubt Lebron will go with Klutch family and choose Collison.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

if that was the choices, and it was considered close....I have no doubt Lebron will go with Klutch family and choose Collison.

Didn't know he was a Klutch client. That makes things more interesting. Wonder if he would take a small paycut to come back to LA for a ring chase
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Prefer Bojan over DLo

YSong - is your source still talking Kyrie to Lakers? I mean Kyrie to the Nets has been a near certainty for a while now, I would have to think your source is really not legit if he still thinks Kyrie to Lakers is going to happen.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

It's crazy how many free agents there are, and I've just come to the conclusion, after reading the names being throw around, that I'll be satisfied with almost any configuration of signings.

Kyrie, Butler, Kemba, DLo, Bojan, Pat Bev, Lopez, Seth Curry, Green, Collison

^I'll be satisfied with any of these. The only configuration that would disappoint is DLo on a max or by himself.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ujiri staying in Toronto would seem like a sign he thinks Kawhi will return....but for years there have been claims that Ujiri wanted a teardown/rebuild project....

Well he traded half the rotation in less than 12 months in Toronto in way for an NBA championship. One could argue he got his teardown.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
YSong wrote:
Prefer Bojan over DLo

YSong - is your source still talking Kyrie to Lakers? I mean Kyrie to the Nets has been a near certainty for a while now, I would have to think your source is really not legit if he still thinks Kyrie to Lakers is going to happen.

Nothing is set in stone until contracts are signed on June 30.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
adkindo wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Didn't know he was a Klutch client. That makes things more interesting. Wonder if he would take a small paycut to come back to LA for a ring chase

I guess my answer would be I have no idea how the whole Klutch thing plays out....I would think it is complicated in that Rich Paul/Lebron would like to help Lebron win but they probably also have to keep the big picture of Klutch after Lebron in mind....and do not want to be seen as sacrificing some clients compensation only to help Lebron. I would guess in the end, if it is in the margins, then Klutch would matter.....very similar to above from the Lakers perspective. I doubt the Lakers will make a habit of passing on significantly better players to sign Klutch guys....but it could matter when it is marginal.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
YSong wrote:
Prefer Bojan over DLo

I won't doubt the source. He predicted the AD trade which was so hard.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
where24happens wrote:
YSong wrote:
Prefer Bojan over DLo

Nothing is set in stone until contracts are signed on June 30.

True, I am just trying to pull out an update from our board insider
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2302, 2303, 2304 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 2303 of 8560
Jump to: