OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3567, 3568, 3569 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
epak wrote:
I'm not sure if we're allowed to post RDA or not, but

Quote:
RDAmbition
@RDAmbition_

OKC is now AGGRESIVLY attempting to find a landing place for Chris Paul. Their first plan was to have Westbrook sent to Rockets via 3 team trade. They do NOT plan on playing him this year and will likely agree to a buyout if unable to find a trade.

Oooo my gawd lol, please no more RDA

how do you buy out a guy that has 3 years and $125 Million left on deal?

You think if CP3 says give me 70 million, would the thunder do it?
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LAII wrote:
adkindo wrote:
did you guys see that report that Durant would not agree to the S&T that got GSW Russell unless GSW gave up a pick? Like GSW and and Brooklyn were good without the pick, but he refused to sign unless GSW gave up a pick. I think he is the most repulsive dude in the NBA.

How is that repulsive? KD did the Nets a solid by getting back a pick, and space for DeAndre Jordan (forcing the Warriors to take back Shabazz Napier and Treveon Graham.) He is a Net now. He could have walked into their space for nothing. Why not help them out?

I am not even a Durant fan, but he did right by the Nets.

the Nets did not ask for the pick....dude is a dbag. Must not be the brightest guy either because he demanded a 1st round pick....but the teams protected in a way that it has about a 1% chance of being a 1st Round pick.

So what if the Nets didn't ask. Might as well create cap space for his boy DeAndre. I mean why do anything to help the Warriors at all? He is not a Warrior?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
epak wrote:

Quote:
RDAmbition
@RDAmbition_

OKC is now AGGRESIVLY attempting to find a landing place for Chris Paul. Their first plan was to have Westbrook sent to Rockets via 3 team trade. They do NOT plan on playing him this year and will likely agree to a buyout if unable to find a trade.

Depends on how many years the salary hit is for. They aren't taking a hit for more than 2 years.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
So where do you see Adams going pak? Spurs maybe? Denver bench?

Why would they trade Adams?

He is still just 25.

I think he is overpaid by a decent amount.

By the time OKC completes the tank/turnaround, Adams will need a new contract.

Kobe was given a big contract near the end, but they let Gasol leave since it made no sense to keep him during the dark times.

I don't expect Adams to finish his contract in OKC.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
epak wrote:

Quote:
RDAmbition
@RDAmbition_

The Thunder? Hell yeah... Chris Paul not so much...
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I absolutely hate this trade, but I get it. I hate it because CP3 is a better fit and player if healthy, and because the draft picks we gave up are so far away. It would take at least one pick to move CP3's contract, but I would prefer it not be at a point where the backcourt could be old and the team could suck.

I get it because CP3 hasn't been healthy and Westbrick typically is. You paid CP3 to contend and still should with Westbrick. You arguably have a longer window to contend with Westbrick. Westbrick and Harden are lifelong friends and should play nice. Harden is actually fine off the ball. Westbrick chose Houston (see Jimmy Butler for example).

I guess if the majority of y'all can hate LeBron until he joins your team then I can do the same for Westbrick.
styleripftw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Cp3 come home baby. Vet min is all yours buddy.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

LAII wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LAII wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
...or it would need to be Danny Green, KCP and Cook.

See.. and picks...

Lakers don't have a first round pick they can trade right now or at the deadline until 2026.

I'd rather have Green, KCP and Cook anyway.

Unless you trade for some... Lebron and AD if things go according to plan are supposed to make these guys look like worldbeaters. Our pickups have a golden opportunity to feature themselves, and what they can do on teams with stars.

Some of the other teams with two stars are thin on future picks, so they aren't going to be good prospects to trade for the KCP and Bradley types.

It will be hard to build trade value for Dudley, McGee, Rondo, Daniels and Cook
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sam Amick Verified account
@sam_amick

For those wondering, source tells @TheAthletic that OKC does this deal with full anticipation that Chris Paul will be part of a good team that now has a treasure trove of future assets. Gallinari, SGA, Adams, Roberson, Noel core, and EIGHT new 1st rounders, as @Travonne noted.

8:45 PM - 11 Jul 2019

Quote:
Sam Amick Verified account
@sam_amick

Source, to the @TheAthletic: Chris Paul's agent, Leon Rose, will talk to OKC GM Sam Presti in the coming days to determine what's next. If CP wants to go to Miami to join Jimmy Butler, it's clear there's a deal to be done there. The Thunder would engage and have interest.

10:00 PM - 11 Jul 2019

@ 8:45, he is going to be a part of the Thunder.....hour and fifteen minutes later, he will be given a choice to go to Miami.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LAII wrote:
adkindo wrote:
did you guys see that report that Durant would not agree to the S&T that got GSW Russell unless GSW gave up a pick? Like GSW and and Brooklyn were good without the pick, but he refused to sign unless GSW gave up a pick. I think he is the most repulsive dude in the NBA.

How is that repulsive? KD did the Nets a solid by getting back a pick, and space for DeAndre Jordan (forcing the Warriors to take back Shabazz Napier and Treveon Graham.) He is a Net now. He could have walked into their space for nothing. Why not help them out?

I am not even a Durant fan, but he did right by the Nets.

the Nets did not ask for the pick....dude is a dbag. Must not be the brightest guy either because he demanded a 1st round pick....but the teams protected in a way that it has about a 1% chance of being a 1st Round pick.

He also made the Warriors take Napier and someone else so the Nets could pay DJ. Lol
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

LAII wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
epak wrote:

Quote:
RDAmbition
@RDAmbition_

Chris Paul can't in good conscience as the head of the NBPA agree to a buyout, or can he?? He would never clear waivers and the Lakers could never get him.

He would never clear waivers?

64. What happens when a player is released? What are waivers? What is the Stretch provision?

Quote:

Waivers are a temporary status for players who are released by their team. A team initiates the waiver process by "requesting waivers" on the player they are releasing. The player stays "on waivers" for 48 hours (including weekends and holidays), during which time other teams may claim the player and assume his contract. If no team has claimed the player before the end of the waiver period (which is always 5:00 PM Eastern Time), he "clears waivers." The player's contract is terminated and he becomes a free agent. The only way to terminate a contract early (other than with an ETO -- see question number 57) is through the waiver process.1

The term "waived" is ambiguous -- it can be used as a verb to refer to a waiver request (for example, "The Bulls just waived Michael Jordan"), or as an adjective to refer to a player who has cleared waivers (for example, "A team can sign a waived player."). This ambiguity is usually easily resolved by the context in which the term is used. In this document the term "waived" is used as an adjective, unless otherwise made clear.

A team can claim a player on waivers only if one of the following is true:

* The team is far enough under the salary cap to fit the player's entire salary.

* The team has a Disabled Player exception for at least the player's salary (see question number 25), and the player is on the last season of his contract.

* The team has a trade exception for at least the player's salary (see question number 87).

* The player has a minimum salary contract (one or two seasons at the minimum salary, with no bonuses of any kind).
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Kawhi is the most repulsive dude. Did you read the expose that basically says he tried to circumvent the CBA by asking teams for compensation outside the rules?
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Lol what?

How’s that repulsive? He’s looking out for his new team. It’s too 20 protected. If the Warriors do well this year the Nets get a first round pick. Good for his current team and he did the Warriros a favor.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Lamar Odom back on the market.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Lol what?

How’s that repulsive? He’s looking out for his new team. It’s too 20 protected. If the Warriors do well this year the Nets get a first round pick. Good for his current team and he did the Warriros a favor.

Dude is standing in the way of another player getting paid demanding something that neither team requested. So the two teams have to work together to pacify him. That pick likely conveys in 2026 as a 2nd Rounder while Durant is sitting on his couch arguing with teenagers using a alias on whatever social media platform is popular at that time. Just a classless way to leave a team.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Wasn't it just under 2 weeks ago that Daryl Morey was on tv/radio promising Harden/CP3 were untouchable?

I'm sure they were. No one expected Westbrick to become available.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
akk7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Lol what?

Dude is standing in the way of another player getting paid demanding something that neither team requested. So the two teams have to work together to pacify him. That pick likely conveys in 2026 as a 2nd Rounder while Durant is sitting on his couch arguing with teenagers using a alias on whatever social media platform is popular at that time. Just a classless way to leave a team.

It could come next draft. Warriors are not a lock to be a top 10 NBA team. KD set it up, but the nets did a good job with the protection they agreed to.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
akk7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Lol what?

It could come next draft. Warriors are not a lock to be a top 10 NBA team. KD set it up, but the nets did a good job with the protection they agreed to.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Lamar Odom back on the market.

Dude is done with basketball....when he can't even get time with the Big3 you know its over.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
https://twitter.com/LapeerRayes/status/1149486212945629184

This is what I expect.

I don't like the combination, but I can see why Houston would do it. Maybe the coach can work a miracle scheme to make it work. One thing is they will be a nightmare matchup on the perimeter for any NBA team.

D'Antoni's 7 second offense about to become the 5 second offense with Russ.

Likely, and unlike in OKC, Westbrook will have shooters around him.

Still a bad fit when he's off the ball though.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Another crazy day!

Presti has squandered so much talent, its insane.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Does Harden become a spot up jumpshooter or does Westbrook? I mean, talk about two players that absolutely need the ball in their hands.

Harden doesn't need the ball in his hands. His jumper is wet. Aside from when CP3 came, there was no one else worthy of taking the ball out of his hands. He and CP3 fit fine together in their first season. Harden grew extra ball dominant last year due to tons of injuries, and really didn't start taking a lot of shots until Mike D became the coach.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
eureca wrote:
Wasn't it just under 2 weeks ago that Daryl Morey was on tv/radio promising Harden/CP3 were untouchable?

I'm sure they were. No one expected Westbrick to become available.

No one is untouchable. No one.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Does Harden become a spot up jumpshooter or does Westbrook? I mean, talk about two players that absolutely need the ball in their hands.

I dont get Harden man.

He's 41.4% on c&s 3s. But he only takes them at a freq of 3.7%. How moronic. Guess what his freq on pull up 3s are.... 49.4% on 36.3% 3fg%.

And do you know what his wide open 3s are at? 46.1%!!!!

One would assume Harden should spot up more.
But something tells me he will NOT. What a moron.

The only other playmaker on the team was CP3, who missed 24 games each of the last two seasons. And when he plays the coach staggers their minutes to always have a playmaker on the court at all times. His iso scoring numbers in the regular season are amongst the most efficient in basketball, so that's why he has the ball so much.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
LOL. True shooting percentage... yeah only because he got to the FT line more than anyone. Take away his FTs and dude is below average shooter.

The majority of his shots are iso step-back three's, which he hits at a high rate.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3567, 3568, 3569 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3568 of 8560
Jump to: