AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
He wouldn't sit out the whole year. He would report before Week 10's game, to get that accrued year. The Steelers won't tag him again next year (the cost would be crazy prohibitive), so his goal is to get to free agency next season with as little wear on his body as possible. If he sits out the whole year, then the Steelers can tag him again and the cost of the contract won't go up, so he won't do that.

I hadn't thought of the Tampa Bay angle, and I do consider that an interesting fit. Koetter is coaching for his job, Peyton Barber is obviously just a journeyman, as is Jacquizz Rodgers, and Ronald Jones looked nowhere near ready for primetime in the preseason. Maybe getting Le'Veon, even as a 1-year play, is worth it for them.

It does seem like the Steelers are done with Bell and would like to end the distraction. I could see them trading him soon. That said, it's risky business for fantasy owners. If you have depth at a certain position and can get away with trading some of that depth for Bell, I mean, I guess the reward might outweigh the risk. But if you're going to be clearly hurting your team in the short term if Bell isn't playing, I don't think you can risk that.

Just offered Hyde for Bell in my league. I unwittingly took the “no WR” strategy and ended up with Gordon, Saquon, Mixon, Conner, and Ingram, so it’s well worth the risk. If I can pull it off, and Bell gets traded, I should be able to flip a couple of those guys for a legit WR1 and coast to a chip (knock on wood).

What the hell kind of league do you play in that allows one to draft Gordon, Saquon, and Mixon in the first 3 rounds? Is it an 8-teamer?

8 teamer and 2 QB.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Expecting a RB1 for Bell at this point is a pipe dream. Here is a fairly unbiased source with trade values: CBS Trade Value Chart. Lamar Miller + Stills sounds about right.

There's a good chance that Bell does not play a single game this year, so why would someone give up a Dalvin Cook, Mixon, or Fournette for him? The time to get a RB1 in return for Bell was week 1. I offered Brandin Cooks straight up. Earlier in the year, I offered Gurley + Lewis for Bell + Mixon (and the Bell owner wanted Evans also ), but the offers will continue to drop as we get later in the year. Bell owners can still get some value out of him, but many are stubborn and willing to go down with the ship.

Yeah. I love having traded Miller+Stills for him but, it’s getting tough with bye weeks coming up and I play on a league with short benches. Even if Bell returned now, he could be 3 weeks before he gets back to his normal self seeing as he was dicking around this whole time.

I think my bench, if healthy, was a strong week 1 play. Haha.

Alex Smith/Hogan/Mixon/Leveon/Michel

Starters are DJ, Conner, Gio B
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Mixon will come through for you soon. He looks like a beast, and I saw what he did to my Colts.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Mixon will come through for you soon. He looks like a beast, and I saw what he did to my Colts.

I hope so. Was a big believer in him this year. Drafted him everywhere.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Between Chris Carson @ Ari and Kerryon Johnson @ Dal, Carson right?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

I would think so unless you have any inside knowledge about Detroits plans. It appears that Seattle will at least be giving Carson the ball a lot, and maybe he can get some carries near the goal line. I would consider leaning Johnson if I thought Detroit would give him around 20 touches again this week.....but who knows....last week could have been an outlier, and they go back to Blount more this week.

This week, I would go with Carson.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

I would go with Kerryon Johnson because of the upside. Sean Lee is likely out. If he is out, I’d play Kerryon. If he plays, I’d go Carson.

Teams feast on the Dallas D when Sean Lee is put. Last season, Dallas held opposing rushers to 3.59 yards per carry with Lee playing. That skyrocketed to 5.27 with Lee out. QB ratings go from 91 with Lee in to 106 with Lee out.

If Lee is out, I expect the Lions to put up some nice offensive numbers.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

^^^^^@LakersChamps04, fwiw, his opinion comes with far more experience in fantasy football than the one I provided.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

I would start Carson over Kerryon. He simply is much more likely to get a large workload, and he's also more likely to experience positive game script. The Cardinals have been a disaster defensively under new coach Steve Wilks. I mean, Kerryon is good so sure, he could have a blowup game, but they are still going to use Blount, and if the Lions are chasing points, Riddick could play a lot of snaps. I would roll with Carson.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

All really good points. Ringfinger's point about Sean Lee being out is what makes me question it because otherwise I'd go with Carson with him being guaranteed more touches. I'm 0-3 lol so I need every point i can get ha. Stu convinced me though, Ima roll with Carson with Arizona being a mess. But please for the love of God make David Johnson have a blow up game. Not having your first round pick give you first round production can cripple your team
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject:

Just realized the team I’m playing started Goff, Kupp, Woods, and Cooks. FML
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Dam thats gotta be like 120 points between them. sorry man
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
All really good points. Ringfinger's point about Sean Lee being out is what makes me question it because otherwise I'd go with Carson with him being guaranteed more touches. I'm 0-3 lol so I need every point i can get ha. Stu convinced me though, Ima roll with Carson with Arizona being a mess. But please for the love of God make David Johnson have a blow up game. Not having your first round pick give you first round production can cripple your team

There's point to be made on either side. If I had bandwidth to produce an RB rankings chart, I'd likely put Carson and Kerryon right next to each other for Week 4.

My concerns on Carson:
- ARI is 11th in DVOA against the run and have held these rushers in check (AP to 3.7 y/c, Todd Gurley to 2.2 ypc, and Jordan Howard to 2.5 ypc)
- SEA is already around 28th in rushing offense
- SEA doesn't have a strong passing attack to open things up for the offense
- Pete Carroll

My concerns on Kerryon:
- Blount (goal-line looks) and Riddick (playing from behind)
- Detroit has a pass heavy attack and many of KJ's carries against NE might have been by design by NE
- Dallas is 13th against the run
- Kerryon should get majority of touches, but will he?

Long story short, IMO, they have similar floors (Carson probably slightly higher than Kerryon) but Kerryon has the higher ceiling I think. Either way, if you feel more comfortable going with Carson, go for it, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here and it's more a question of your tolerance for risk. At the very least, Carson is the clear goal line back in SEA if they get there, and in DET you're playing for yardage and hoping he breaks off a run.

Maybe I'm over exuberant in my excitement for Kerryon against a Sean Lee less Cowboys team because of stuff like this... for now, I've got Kerryon in over Alex Collins this week.

Quote:
This season has been one that's again seen the All-Pro linebacker (Sean Lee) nursing injury, this time a nagging hamstring ailment that has now sidelined him for a total of five games.

In that span, the Cowboys have allowed a massive 32.4 points per game to opponents, resulting in three-straight blowout losses -- with two of them being on what is allegedly their home field. With Lee in the fold, that number cascades down a cliff to only 18 points given up per outing.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Bolt/Dallas-Cowboys-defense-is-remedial-without-Sean-Lee-on-the-field-110957223/
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

There's point to be made on either side. If I had bandwidth to produce an RB rankings chart, I'd likely put Carson and Kerryon right next to each other for Week 4.

My concerns on Carson:
- ARI is 11th in DVOA against the run and have held these rushers in check (AP to 3.7 y/c, Todd Gurley to 2.2 ypc, and Jordan Howard to 2.5 ypc)
- SEA is already around 28th in rushing offense
- SEA doesn't have a strong passing attack to open things up for the offense
- Pete Carroll

My concerns on Kerryon:
- Blount (goal-line looks) and Riddick (playing from behind)
- Detroit has a pass heavy attack and many of KJ's carries against NE might have been by design by NE
- Dallas is 13th against the run
- Kerryon should get majority of touches, but will he?

Long story short, IMO, they have similar floors (Carson probably slightly higher than Kerryon) but Kerryon has the higher ceiling I think. Either way, if you feel more comfortable going with Carson, go for it, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here and it's more a question of your tolerance for risk. At the very least, Carson is the clear goal line back in SEA if they get there, and in DET you're playing for yardage and hoping he breaks off a run.

Maybe I'm over exuberant in my excitement for Kerryon against a Sean Lee less Cowboys team because of stuff like this... for now, I've got Kerryon in over Alex Collins this week.

Quote:
This season has been one that's again seen the All-Pro linebacker (Sean Lee) nursing injury, this time a nagging hamstring ailment that has now sidelined him for a total of five games.

In that span, the Cowboys have allowed a massive 32.4 points per game to opponents, resulting in three-straight blowout losses -- with two of them being on what is allegedly their home field. With Lee in the fold, that number cascades down a cliff to only 18 points given up per outing.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Bolt/Dallas-Cowboys-defense-is-remedial-without-Sean-Lee-on-the-field-110957223/
Some really good stuff, thanks ringfinger. Im in two leagues so I think I'll play carson in one and Kerryon in the other. In that one I was trying to decide between Kerryon, Royce Freeman, Mike Williams, Sammy Watkins even Sterling Shepard but based on what you said, Kerryon will get my vote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

^
Just to add to this debate, Chris Carson has been limited in practice this week with a hip injury. They are officially saying that they think he can play but they will decide pre-game. He did just get a big workload last week. And since they play that game in the afternoon, with Kerryon going in the morning, maybe you can use that as a tiebreaker. If you would rather go with the guy who is definitely playing, I wouldn't blame you.

These are never easy decisions LOL.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Amari Cooper or John Brown?

Can't believe I fell into the trap of believing Cooper would be good this year
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

You aren't alone. And I'd go with Brown.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

You aren't alone. And I'd go with Brown.

Same Brown. Flacco gonna throw it 50 times.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Just made a trade today.

I got:
AJ Green
Lamar Miller
Phillip Rivers

I traded away:
Patrick Mahomes
Kenyan Drake
Matt Breida

My QB is Rodgers. My WR's are Hopkins, OBJ with Green as my flex in a PPR league.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Dam thats gotta be like 120 points between them. sorry man

there is a bright side....he did not find out until this morning, and did not have to experience it point by point.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Just made a trade today.

I got:
AJ Green
Lamar Miller
Phillip Rivers

I traded away:
Patrick Mahomes
Kenyan Drake
Matt Breida

My QB is Rodgers. My WR's are Hopkins, OBJ with Green as my flex in a PPR league.

I think Drake is a buy low candidate right now. And Breida is going to be peppered with targets playing with CJ Beathard, who targets RBs on his passes more than any other QB (35% of the time).

You still did good, just think you could have done better for Mahomes
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:

good news is they didn't have gurley
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Some really good stuff, thanks ringfinger. Im in two leagues so I think I'll play carson in one and Kerryon in the other. In that one I was trying to decide between Kerryon, Royce Freeman, Mike Williams, Sammy Watkins even Sterling Shepard but based on what you said, Kerryon will get my vote

Oh gosh, that makes your lineup decision even harder. Couple of your players to consider over Kerryon.

1) Keenan Allen has missed practice this week with a knee injury. If he misses time, I'd put Mike Williams in as a WR2 with WR1 upside. Even if he doesn't miss the game, Keenan will be shadowed by Tre'Davious White who is a Pro Bowl caliber cornerback and the Pro Football Focus #2 at the position and held Stefon Diggs in check in week 2 (17 yards, 4 catches on 10 targets).

2) With Evan Engram out, and with Marshawn Lattimore likely covering OBJ, this makes Sterling Shepard a very sneaky player with tremendous upside. Last week, Lattimore covered Julio Jones and held him in check while Ridley went off against the Saints. In the second half, Lattimore switched to cover Ridley and then Julio caught a 50 yard bomb. Oh, and Saints boast the worst pass defense in the NFL while being very strong against the run.

If you need upside, I'd consider playing Mike Williams first, then Sterling Shepard over Kerryon Johnson in a FLEX position.

FWIW, I'm all over Sterling Shepard this week in DraftKings DFS at his price of $4,900, especially in cash games. He just needs about 6 rec for 65 yards to return value.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Oh gosh, that makes your lineup decision even harder. Couple of your players to consider over Kerryon.

1) Keenan Allen has missed practice this week with a knee injury. If he misses time, I'd put Mike Williams in as a WR2 with WR1 upside. Even if he doesn't miss the game, Keenan will be shadowed by Tre'Davious White who is a Pro Bowl caliber cornerback and the Pro Football Focus #2 at the position and held Stefon Diggs in check in week 2 (17 yards, 4 catches on 10 targets).

2) With Evan Engram out, and with Marshawn Lattimore likely covering OBJ, this makes Sterling Shepard a very sneaky player with tremendous upside. Last week, Lattimore covered Julio Jones and held him in check while Ridley went off against the Saints. In the second half, Lattimore switched to cover Ridley and then Julio caught a 50 yard bomb. Oh, and Saints boast the worst pass defense in the NFL while being very strong against the run.

If you need upside, I'd consider playing Mike Williams first, then Sterling Shepard over Kerryon Johnson in a FLEX position.

FWIW, I'm all over Sterling Shepard this week in DraftKings DFS at his price of $4,900, especially in cash games. He just needs about 6 rec for 65 yards to return value.
Ha bro I'm indecisive af so I kept looking at all the players I have available and I saw Sterling was available to pick up (I can't believe Alshon, Stills, and Baldwin is available too). Considering Evan isn't playing, Saints pass defense and everything else you mentioned, I put Sterling in for Kerryon in a hurry. I got him on my DFS too. great value like you said. I do hope Keenan plays (I think he'll be fine) cause I got him in two leagues lol but I guess if he doesn't I got Mike in one of them to swap him with.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Ha bro I'm indecisive af so I kept looking at all the players I have available and I saw Sterling was available to pick up (I can't believe Alshon, Stills, and Baldwin is available too). Considering Evan isn't playing, Saints pass defense and everything else you mentioned, I put Sterling in for Kerryon in a hurry. I got him on my DFS too. great value like you said. I do hope Keenan plays (I think he'll be fine) cause I got him in two leagues lol but I guess if he doesn't I got Mike in one of them to swap him with.

Sorry, I gave you bad advice there. I mentioned Tre’Davious White but he plays for Buffalo, will likely cover Adams, and so I like Geronimo Allison a lot this week if Cobb sits and cobbs was held out of practice today.

Have a million lineups I’m managing and I was confused lol.

I still like Mike williams this week however =)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 10 of 25
Jump to: