Ruin the holidays with these mac and cheese candy canes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Ruin the holidays with these mac and cheese candy canes

http://mashable.com/article/mac-and-cheese-candy-canes/#O6Q.8kDdMZqt

Quote:
Ruin the holidays with these mac and cheese candy canes

'Tis the season to be upset I guess, because mac and cheese candy canes are something you can buy now.

The savory yellow-and-white striped Christmas candies created by Archie McPhee are available online for the very low price of $4.95, which truthfully is still too much to pay for cheese-flavored candy.

The website says that the "comfort food-flavored" candy canes "taste like your childhood favorite."

"Macaroni and cheese has become a holiday family tradition in many parts of the country, so why not let our holiday candy reflect that?" the website asks.

SEE ALSO: Cheese lovers will obsess over these solar-powered products

It's hard to imagine how the hot, cheesy, gooey classic would translate in candy form, but Instagram junk food reviewer junkfoodmom swears they're not as bad as they seem.

"This one isn’t bad," she writes. "Smells like cheese and tastes like Mac n cheese but the sweetness overpowers the flavor eventually so it’s doable."

Sweet and savory can be a wonderful combination — think chicken and waffles or kettle corn — so maybe junkfoodmom is onto something. Still, I doubt I'll be picking these up this holiday season.

And, before you get too worked up about the existence of mac-and-cheese candy canes, you might want to channel your anger toward some of Archie McPhee's more perplexing flavors, like their pickle candy canes, or better yet, their gray clam-flavored candy canes.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Sounds intriguing. I have to admit I've been interested in the idea of candy that tastes like food since I saw Violet eat that gum in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Wow interesting.. thanks for sharing.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
but Instagram junk food reviewer junkfoodmom swears they're not as bad as they seem.

now there is a ringing endorsement
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: