How do you feel about the Center position?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
DLaker wrote:
I like to have an enforcer, in the team. Small guard getting in the paint would get knock to the floor hard, but clean play. Any center that fits the bill?

Noah?
Okafor?
Bynum?
Bogut?

Bogut is playinjg in Australia.

I doubt that either Bynum or Noah are healthy enough to play.

There are obvious questions about Okafor's health, but he probably has the most potential of the bunch. And beggars can't be choosers.

I actually wish we can have Bogut back, love him last year as a teammate. He knows the system and would help a lot on def, very good passer too. I feel this year he will fit much better knowing our goal is different than last year. I fear that team with great physical bigs like Utah, Nuggets, 76er, Griz ...

His game Oct 13 in Australia, tallied 15 boards n 4 ast n 4 blks.

Another game looks good protecting paint and assist

Game Aganst Clippers Pre season

It's really perplexing to me that his name is still getting kicked around here as an option. He's never going to be a Laker again. Ever. He gladly burned those bridges. He wouldn't want to be a Laker again and the Lakers would never entertain the possibility of bringing him back.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

He never burned the bridge here, we just have the youth movement last year. He was a great locker room guy. Just want another big that can play def after McGee.

Reason for the release
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I liked Bogut while he was here but at this stage unless he is with a title contender he can’t make a Impact because he just isn’t the same good big man that he was a couple of years ago.. but he can still make a difference in the right role.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I liked Bogut while he was here but at this stage unless he is with a title contender he can’t make a Impact because he just isn’t the same good big man that he was a couple of years ago.. but he can still make a difference in the right role.

Hey Inspector did u watch the pre season against the Clips up above. I think he can still protect the paint and rebound at min. His name is not mentioned anywhere linked to the Lakers, but just looking for a great filler for that last spot on the roster. Enforcer big that can play def is my choice. It’s a big plus also that he knows the system already.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn’t mind Bogut as I think he wanted to be here but didn’t want to cause we weren’t gonna be a playoff team, he wanted to go to a contender but something must have happened that’s why he eventually did not join a playoff roster last year.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
He never burned the bridge here, we just have the youth movement last year. He was a great locker room guy. Just want another big that can play def after McGee.

Reason for the release

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/4/17648626/andrew-bogut-lakers-luol-deng-twitter-benched-crazy-unfair

Read this and look at his tweets, man. The Lakers wouldn't want him back after criticizing them like this publicly. It's a zero percent chance. He wouldn't have openly criticized them like that publicly if he had even a glimmer of hope of returning there. And he's a veteran. He understands the business and how important it is to not do that kind of stuff. He spoke freely about it because he knew that returning wasn't in the cards. Seems pretty obvious to me.

I would've loved it if he was McGee’s backup, though. It's just not in the cards.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

He criticized them for treating Deng unfairly not the Lakers FO, but that’s because Bogut is just a guy who wants positivity in a team, don’t think that article means anything in terms of both parties having mutual interest.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Reason for the release

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/4/17648626/andrew-bogut-lakers-luol-deng-twitter-benched-crazy-unfair

Read this and look at his tweets, man. The Lakers wouldn't want him back after criticizing them like this publicly. It's a zero percent chance. He wouldn't have openly criticized them like that publicly if he had even a glimmer of hope of returning there. And he's a veteran. He understands the business and how important it is to not do that kind of stuff. He spoke freely about it because he knew that returning wasn't in the cards. Seems pretty obvious to me.

I would've loved it if he was McGee’s backup, though. It's just not in the cards.

With regards to burning bridges, I have always been more worried of that being permanent from the player's side rather than the FO.

The FO should see this as a business and as long as any player can help make the franchise successful and is willing to be employed, then they should go with that player. A FO would be very badly run if they let their own personal feelings come into the equation. Thus if Bogut has bad feelings towards the lakers, then fine he's not suitable. But the FO should absolutely not have any bad feelings towards him for any statements he have made. It's a business. If Magic, Jeanie and Rob are not as cold as ice making decisions solely on the basis of what's best for the franchise then they're horrible management and should be replaced.

Case in point: Apple fired Steve Jobs yet a decade later, the Apple Board hired him back to save the company from bankruptcy. Jobs did do the job (pun intended), apple is now one of the most valuable companies in the world.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
He criticized them for treating Deng unfairly not the Lakers FO, but that’s because Bogut is just a guy who wants positivity in a team, don’t think that article means anything in terms of both parties having mutual interest.

I sincerely don't understand what you're attempting to say. Super incoherent post.
JRocc88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
I like to have an enforcer, in the team. Small guard getting in the paint would get knock to the floor hard, but clean play. Any center that fits the bill?

Noah?
Okafor?
Bynum?
Bogut?

I don’t know if he’s been mentioned yet, but Deyonta Davis is available. 6’11” 240, mostly a rim runner but tons of potential. Only 21.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I sincerely don't understand what you're attempting to say. Super incoherent post.

Bogut doesn’t despise the Lakers after the Lakers did not treat Deng with more respect that isn’t true, that’s my main point of my post.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Noah?
Okafor?
Bynum?
Bogut?
These guys won't even play in the NBA this year. No way.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
Noah?
Okafor?
Bynum?
Bogut?

Noah can play, I trust that emplay thinks he can help the team out, the others will be more about vet influence and maybe they can help out in some situations.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
Judah wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Reason for the release

With regards to burning bridges, I have always been more worried of that being permanent from the player's side rather than the FO.

The FO should see this as a business and as long as any player can help make the franchise successful and is willing to be employed, then they should go with that player. A FO would be very badly run if they let their own personal feelings come into the equation. Thus if Bogut has bad feelings towards the lakers, then fine he's not suitable. But the FO should absolutely not have any bad feelings towards him for any statements he have made. It's a business. If Magic, Jeanie and Rob are not as cold as ice making decisions solely on the basis of what's best for the franchise then they're horrible management and should be replaced.

Case in point: Apple fired Steve Jobs yet a decade later, the Apple Board hired him back to save the company from bankruptcy. Jobs did do the job (pun intended), apple is now one of the most valuable companies in the world.

I don't think Bogut would even be interested in coming back, but even if he did, I wouldn't hold it against the Lakers if they weren't interested due to his tweets this summer. I would welcome him back because he’d make sense for the role he’d have, but I can't say I’d find it ureasonable if the Lakers wouldn't want to sign a player who publicly (and needlessly) criticized their team management, especially since bad PR can negatively impact the success of their organization (i.e. free agents having less interest in signing with them).
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Lol Bogut is on this

https://www.therichest.com/sports/basketball-sports/top-10-shot-blockers-in-the-nba-today/
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:
https://twitter.com/NBASarah/status/1051229358407524353

Atlanta Hawks have waived Thomas Robinson.

Okafor got waived, that guy is the definition of a steady vet who can provide some nice depth at the C spot.

The irony of picking up Okafor would almost make it worthwhile to me. Need defense against big C's though.

What's the irony?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:
https://twitter.com/NBASarah/status/1051229358407524353

Atlanta Hawks have waived Thomas Robinson.

Okafor got waived, that guy is the definition of a steady vet who can provide some nice depth at the C spot.

The irony of picking up Okafor would almost make it worthwhile to me. Need defense against big C's though.

What's the irony?

assume they are talking about different Okafor's....it appears Jahlil will be on the New Orleans roster
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
RichD wrote:
Noah?
Okafor?
Bynum?
Bogut?

Noah can play, I trust that emplay thinks he can help the team out, the others will be more about vet influence and maybe they can help out in some situations.

Emeka Okafor had a decent run with the Pelicans last year. They picked him up after Boogie went down and he gave them some solid rim protecting on limited minutes. He averaged 1 bpg on 13 mpg, that's quite good.

Him + JaVale could be good for the 30 mpg we need from the big center role every night. Throw in Wagner for a few minutes and the rest we roll small ball.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
RichD wrote:
Noah?
Okafor?
Bynum?
Bogut?

Emeka Okafor had a decent run with the Pelicans last year. They picked him up after Boogie went down and he gave them some solid rim protecting on limited minutes. He averaged 1 bpg on 13 mpg, that's quite good.

Him + JaVale could be good for the 30 mpg we need from the big center role every night. Throw in Wagner for a few minutes and the rest we roll small ball.

Totally agree about Okafor, he’s another guy that can help McGee out by giving up extra rest, the only reason why Philly did not keep him is because they probably don’t need him..
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
Noah?
Okafor?
Bynum?
Bogut?

We might be desperate enough to take a flyer on Noah or Okafor. Whether they can stay healthy or play is another issue -- they might well be just another version of sucky to add to our sucky center ranks. Of course, if it was clear they could play, they wouldn't be available at this point.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
RichD wrote:
Noah?
Okafor?
Bynum?
Bogut?

Totally agree about Okafor, he’s another guy that can help McGee out by giving up extra rest, the only reason why Philly did not keep him is because they probably don’t need him..

Exactly. They already have Embiid and Amir Johnson. They should eat up all the minutes. Mike Muscala can play some C too if needed.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

I'd be surprised if they tried to sign a free agent big anytime soon, though. I don't see that happening unless/until the team starts losing some games because of it. They wouldn't have to waive anyone to do it, but since the FO did mention that they like the flexibility of keeping one roster spot open, it's possible that they could waive someone in order to still have that one open roster spot.
JRocc88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Alexis Ajinca just got waived. He’s a stretch 5 that can take up some space in the middle.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

JRocc88 wrote:
Alexis Ajinca just got waived. He’s a stretch 5 that can take up some space in the middle.

Too soft.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

We're gonna need to trade for a backup C using a 2nd rounder or 2.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 22 of 37
Jump to: